Australian athletics team forced into isolation after positive Covid-19 case in the Olympian villageAustralia's athletics team have been forced into self-isolation after being exposed to a positive Covid-19 case in the Olympic village.
- Jenny upped sticks and moved the quaint Cotswold village of Chipping Norton (Picture: Getty Images)Jenny Stallard begins her series of columns on the pleasures and pitfalls of moving to the country.One year and a month ago, I closed the door to my London flat for the very last time. I’d actually, on the advice of my sister, who loves a bit of Marie Kondo, gone into every room and thanked it.I thanked it for the fun times, for being where a third date turned into an engagement and also for
- It was the middle of the night in August 2012 when I heard the sound of a loud explosion coming from near my 12-year-old sister’s room.
I ran to check on her and she was shaken, but thankfully fine.As I made my way to the balcony to see what caused the disturbance, I took one step and the next thing I knew, I heard another huge bang, then was suddenly hit by a strong blast and knocked to the ground.My home in Syria had been hit by a bomb and my very first thought was: ‘I ho
- China announced a nationwide ban on cryptocurrency trading as it looks to set up its own digital currency (Getty Images)China sent shockwaves through the cryptocurrency world last week when it imposed a national ban on buying and trading in cryptocurrency.As a result, cryptocurrency exchanges (where the buying and trading takes place) are scrambling to sever ties with mainland Chinese users.Shares in a range of Chinese crypto-related firms plunged on the ban which closes off loopholes left in pr
- The First Dates star felt ‘at one with nature’ in the clip (Picture: ITV)Fred Sirieix’s Instagram followers got more than they bargained for recently, after he got naked for a cheeky BTS video from his latest TV show.The 49-year-old went completely starkers as he danced around a barbecue in a clip from Gordon, Gino and Fred Go Greek and posted the clip for all his social media followers to see.The footage comes from the latest two-part series of the ITV show, and Gor
- Australia has been urged to learn the lessons of Singapore, now dealing with a spiralling number of Covid cases after reopening when it achieved an 80 per cent vaccination rate.
- No10 is under pressure to grant critical workers exclusive access to petrol pumps (Picture: Getty)Critical workers could be given exclusive access to petrol pumps under an emergency plan to ease the fuel crisis.
Government sources said designating certain stations for key workers is being kept as a back-up option if panic buying does not stop.
Nurses, care workers, teachers, ambulance staff and police are among those who have been left stranded in recent days as pumps across the country run dry.
- Weasley and Spock give blood regularly. (Picture: PA Real Life)An animal lover who spotted an appeal to give blood while she waited to see a vet has revealed that her two beloved pets are now regular donors.Determined to help other animals in crisis, Mandie Pannell, 35, and her partner, Thomas Mills, 36, have now taken their five-year-old moggie, Weasley, to donate 10 times and six-year-old English pointer, Spock, five times.University nurse educator Mandie, who lives near Potter’s Bar, He
- Tim Fung, the founder of Airtasker, had been at a dog friendly beach with his wife on Friday when his pet Harvey started 'mucking around' and kicked sand onto a nearby woman.
- Northern Beaches residents in a busy apartment block have been plunged into lockdown after several tenants tested positive to Covid-19.
Rio Ferdinand says Thomas Tuchel’s tactical switch ‘backfired’ in Chelsea’s defeat to Man City and changes title predictionThe former defender was massively impressed by the champions (Pictures: FIVE / Getty)Rio Ferdinand says Thomas Tuchel made several tactical mistakes in Chelsea’s defeat to Manchester City at the weekend and no longer believes they are the favourites to win the Premier League title.The two heavyweights faced off at Stamford Bridge on Saturday in a repeat of the Champions League final, though City outclassed their opponents and secured a 1-0 victory thanks to Gabriel Jesus’ second-half
- Dame Vera Baird QC said there was a 'real vacuum of police action in the fight against violence against women' following the murder of Sabina Nessa, 28, in South East London.
R Kelly’s ex-wife and the mother of his three children Drea Kelly has spoken out on the devastating effects her kids will face because of his actions.On September 27, the disgraced rapper, 54, was found guilty of sexually abusing women, boys and girls for decades, and now faces life in prison.Kelly was convicted by a federal jury on all nine counts including racketeering
- Loose Women star Denise Welch has said she is 'relieved' after a man pleaded guilty in Chester to a 'terrifying' stalking campaign that saw him set her house on fire.
- The games developer, which owns titles such as 'Call of Duty' and 'World of Warcraft', will set up an $18million 'compensation fund' to provide payouts to eligible claimants and support diversity initiatives.
- Yasser Ahmed, 37, said he has been working “nonstop” at his petrol station in West Drayton, near Heathrow Airport, but sales inside his convenience store have tanked
- Rosie rents a two-bedroom flat in Maida Vale, west Londoin (Picture: Susannah Ireland)What does £2,000 a month get you in London?
That’s what we’re finding out in today’s edition of What I Rent.
For those not in the know, What I Rent is our weekly series that sees us going inside different people’s rented homes – to see what they get for what they pay.This time around we’re in Maida Vale, where Rosie, 29, shares a two-bedroom flat with a housemate, Fergu
- Kim Jong-un's North Korea has called on the US and South Korea to scrap "double standards" and restart talks about expanding weapons programmes
- Jamie Pitman-Muir, 23, pleaded guilty to one charge of conveying false information in Wollongong Local Court on Tuesday after pretending to have Covid to get a day off work.
- The stag may have made its way into the city from a large park (Picture: Gareth Sullivan/Liverpool Echo)A ‘stunning’ white stag which was spotted dashing through Liverpool has been killed.The animal was secured in an industrial estate by police but it could not be safely rescued, so a marksman shot it dead, in contrary to RSPCA advice to leave it alone.Videos showed the deer running past a car showroom in Bootle alongside NHS palliative care nurse Paula’s car as she drove to wo
- Simon Hartley, 33, from Dallas, Texas, was at home with his five-month-old daughter Sophie when he captured her scrunching up her face as tried apple for the very first time.
- Shadow home secretary Nick Thomas-Symonds said the Government is 'wasting' the money on the successor to the Royal Yacht Britannia.
- China has enough empty apartments to house 90million people. Hong Kong-based researcher Logan Wright said that explained the Evergrande crackdown. Australians with shares are in danger.
- Matthew Jeffrey, 38, will be left with only £200 a month to live on when the government snatches back the £20 a week Universal Credit uplift, leaving him wondering how he will put food on the table
- "Ambulance crews, nurses, care workers, teaching assistants, police staff and other key workers mustn't be left stranded or forced to queue for hours simply to get to a pump"
The search for Daniel Craig’s James Bond replacement won’t start until next year, so everyone can calm downDaniel is bowing out after No Time To Die (Picture: Danjaq/Eon Productions/Kobal/REX/Shutterstock)We’ve already been dissecting who will replace Daniel Craig as James Bond for years, but we’re a long way off finding out who will be stepping into that tuxedo.Bond producer Barbara Broccoli has revealed the search for a new James Bond not only hasn’t started, but it won’t begin until 2022.The iconic spy movie franchise’s producer has insisted they will be holding off f
- Labour's annual conference erupted into infighting as a Shadow Cabinet member quit in a row over the minimum wage
- Shared ownership could be a more affordable way to buy (Picture: Getty Images)With Zoopla revealing that average UK house prices are tracking at a record high of £235,000, it is perhaps little wonder that shared ownership is becoming an increasingly vital lifeline for anyone wanting to buy.
The scheme allows you to purchase a share while paying rent on the rest to a housing association.
It can be a good way onto the ladder for those in expensive areas such as London, where deposits seem un
- Dean Smith, 46, inflicted injuries on his daughter Maisie in 2000 which left her with severe disabilities (Picture: PA)A dad who condemned his daughter to a lifetime of struggle when he horrifically injured her as a baby has been cleared of murder.Dean Smith, 46, threw four-week-old Maisie Newell several feet into a wooden cot in August 2000, inflicting head injuries which left her with severe disabilities for the rest of her life. On the night of the incident, warehouse worker Smith warned
- A mysterious conical object was seen hovering through the sky over Hull, Yorkshire, on Monday night. It is thought it could have been part of the United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket re-entering the atmosphere
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!