- via bbc.co.ukWatch the best shots as Austrian Dominic Thiem beats world number one Novak Djokovic in three sets to reach the final of the ATP Finals.
Piers Morgan could make Strictly Come Dancing history in the future as part of the competition’s first male same-sex couple. Ranvir Singh revealed that her dance partner Giovanni Pernice would love to team up with Piers as the first all male duo to take part in the series. No doubt Giovanni was inspired by Nicola Adams and Katya Jones who became Strictly’s first sam
- Noise from the explosion could be heard for miles around (Picture: : Hyde News & Pictures Ltd)A huge fireball sent 50 foot clouds of smoke billowing into the sky as a lorry carrying chemicals caught fire perilously close to a petrol station. Footage showed the moment a street in St Ives, Cambridgeshire, was lit up by the fire and people ran to safety.
The truck was left completely incinerated by the blaze but amazingly no one was injured.
Eye-witnesses described the intense heat an
- Juliet with her son who is now six years old (Picture: Juliet Fox)Five years ago, Juliet Fox had a miscarriage, which was the beginning of everything in her life spiraling into an extremely dark place.
At the time, Juliet had a two-year-old son to look after, but everything was becoming increasingly overwhelming.‘My marriage was silently falling apart, I was desperately unhappy,’ Juliet tells Metro.co.uk
‘I put on five stone fairly quickly. I never weighed myself at my heaviest
- Zinedine Zidane is under pressure at Real Madrid (Picture: Getty Images)Zinedine Zidane insists he has absolutely no intention to resign as Real Madrid manager after their poor run of form continued with a 2-0 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League on Tuesday night.They may be La Liga champions, but this season is not going to plan so far, sitting fourth in the domestic league table and in danger of being eliminated from the Champions league at the group stage.The loss to the Ukraini
Naked Attraction contestants are hardly ever one for subtlety, but the latest episode had a chat-up line that crossed a line – even by their standards. The series, which has seen a man overwhelmed by vaginas and another educating viewers on his fetish of sploshing, took a turn this week when a brazen singleton drew the line at a rank joke.
Jerome appeared on the latest episode
- Mikel Arteta has faced criticism after a run of poor results for Arsenal (Picture: Getty)Tottenham star Eric Dier has jumped to the defence of Mikel Arteta and named the Arsenal head coach as ‘the most exciting young manager in Europe’ ahead of this weekend’s north London derby.Arsenal and Arteta finished last season on a high, beating Chelsea to win the FA Cup, but the Spaniard is under increasing pressure after a pair of defeats and a draw in the side’s last three Premi
Coronavirus news live: Pfizer vaccine approved for use in the UK and millions plunged into stricter new tiers as England lifts lockdownThe Pfizer vaccine has been approved for use in the UK (Picture: Reuters)The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the Covid-19 Pfizer vaccine.
The Department of Health said it will be rolled out from next week after being approved for use by the UK’s health regulation authority.
A spokesman said: ‘The government has today accepted the recommendation from the independent Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) to approve Pfizer-BioNTech’s CO
- Nial was sent a survey from a woman he saw casually (Picture: Nial Moran/Deadline News)Student Niall Moran from Perranporth, Cornwall, was left stunned after receiving an ‘exit survey’ from a woman he was casually seeing.The University of Bath student took to social media to share the post-coital survey, which asked him to rate his experience.The 22-year-old posted screenshots from the quiz, which featured a mixture of ratings and written responses.The survey starts with: ‘Than
- The UK is the first country to approve the Covid-19 vaccine by Pfizer and BioNTech, and it has so far ordered enough doses to vaccinate 20million people or a third of the UK population
- The perfect treats for the gym-bunny in your life (Picture: Metro.co.uk)‘Tis the season to get sweaty. Well, it is for gym-lovers anyway. And this gift-guide will help you find the perfect Christmas present for any fitness lover.We all have someone in our lives who would always rather be in a spin class, who wears gym kit 90% of the time, who is constantly tagging you in ‘fitspiration’ videos on Instagram.Now, you can get this relentlessly energetic person the perfect Christmas
This was the emotional moment a new mum was clapped out of hospital after surviving a coronavirus coma and the premature birth of her baby.Eva Ahmed, 28 and with no underlying health conditions, said she developed Covid-19 symptoms 28 weeks into her pregnancy.But after giving birth on November 16, Eva’s lungs started to fail and she had to be put into an induced coma.Eva, from Wedn
- Rescuers who have spent a week scouring the Pyrenees for 'van life' blogger Esther Dingley, 37, from Durham, have concluded that she is no longer in the mountains, her partner has revealed.
- The Spanish worker, 36, from the Woodville Pizza Bar, north of Adelaide's CBD, was accused of sparking the frenzied lockdown after lying to contact tracers.
- The Cali Beach Club will look over Australia's iconic Surfers Paradise beach while welcoming up to 2,000 guests at any given time.
Netflix updates Elliot Page’s name in cast lists and will edit credits after Umbrella Academy star comes out as transElliot’s name is being changed on his credits (Picture: Getty/Netflix)Netflix is changing Elliot Page’s name in the credits of projects he is involved in, it has been reported.The Juno actor came out yesterday as transgender, confirming his pronouns are he/they, in a statement that has been praised and welcomed by the LGBTQ+ community and his colleagues and friends.According to the New York Post, Netflix is in the process of updating Elliot’s name across the platform in the wak
- The UK could start vaccinating people next week after approving the Pfizer jab for use (Picture: Getty)The Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine has been approved for use in the UK and will start being rolled out from next week.It means the country is the first in the world to have a clinically approved vaccine ready for use.
But many people still have questions about the vaccine and how it works. Here we answer some of the most common queries as the UK’s vaccination programme gets under way in
- A new law has been passed in South Korea allowing pop stars to postpone enlistment (Picture: AP)‘Globally recognised’ pop stars, such as BTS, will be allowed to postpone their mandatory military enlistment after a new law was passed in South Korea.On Tuesday the National Assembly’s plenary session passed the bill which revises the Military Service Act.Acclaimed pop artists can put off enlisting until the age of 30.Previous rules stated that all able-bodied South Korean men aged
Piers Morgan and Dr Hilary Jones have promised to make good on their word to take the newly-approved coronavirus vaccine if they’re allowed to on live TV next week. The UK has become the first country in the world to approve the Covid-19 Pfizer vaccine, which is said to offer 95% protection against the virus. It has been confirmed by the Department of Health that the vacc
- Alisson Becker missed Liverpool’s Champions League clash on Wednesday night (Picture: Getty Images)Alisson Becker will sit out at least two more Liverpool games after missing the Champions League match against Ajax on Tuesday night with a hamstring injury.The Brazilian goalkeeper suffered a hamstring strain in the Premier League draw with Brighton at the weekend and was replaced by Caoimhin Kelleher in the 1-0 win over the Dutch side.Reds boss Jurgen Klopp said he hopes to have Alisson bac
- ‘I’ll see you in four years,’ Donald Trump told the crowd of maskless supportersDonald Trump has confirmed he will try to run again for president in 2024 as he hosted a party with dozens of maskless politicians in the White House.‘It’s been an amazing four years,’ Trump told the crowd, which included many Republican National Committee members.‘We’re trying to do another four years. Otherwise, I’ll see you in four years.’Trump’s ap
- The fallstreak hole was snapped over Shepton Mallet in Somerset. (Credits: Jason Bryant / Apex)A rare hole in the sky has been pictured over a British town.Known as a fallstreak hole or cavum hole, it was snapped over Shepton Mallet in Somerset this week.It is a large gap usually circular or elliptical that can appear in cirrocumulus or altocumulus clouds.These so-called holes are formed when water temperature in the clouds is below freezing but the water, in a supercooled state, has not frozen
- Get festive (Picture: Dyptique)The Christmas tree is up, the presents are (almost) bought, and if you’re really prepared, you’ve already made the Christmas pudding.
It’s officially the festive season, and that means it’s time to unashamedly make your home a Christmassy haven packed with all manner of season-appropriate treats and cosy comforts.
Top of our list? Candles.A great scented candle is the easiest way to get an instant hit of that Christmas feeling, whether you g
- Security footage shows a vile confrontation unfold after the driver picked up three men from Mooroolbark in Melbourne's outer-east at 1.30am on Friday.
Australian Open pushed back to February 8 - Players can train in quarantine with negative Covid testAuthorities have pushed back the start of the Australian Open tennis tournament to February 8.
- The Health Secretary said the rollout of the vaccine, which needs to be stored at minus 70 degrees, would be "challenging" - but that the NHS are ready
- Man with no previous convictions pays huge price for going 'vigilante'
- A Covid-19 vaccine from Pfizer/BioNTech has been approved by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) for use in the UK, paving the way for mass vaccination to start.
- The supermarket giant said it will repay the money it saved from the Government’s business rates holiday (Picture: Getty Images)Tesco has said it will repay the £585 million it saved from the Government’s business rates holiday for the sector introduced during the Covid-19 pandemic.This is a breaking story. More to follow.Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] more stories like this, check our news page. Visit our live blog for the latest upda
- England's lockdown is over today as shoppers started Wild Wednesday by queuing outside Primark before dawn as shoppers rushed out for pre-Christmas bargains.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!