- The Department of Health’s latest figures show another 548 people died in the last 24 hours (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Another 548 people have died with Covid-19 in the UK, bringing the overall toll to 121,305.This number rises to 135,613 when taking into account all fatalities that listed coronavirus on the death certificate.A further 10,641 lab-confirmed positive test results were returned in the last 24 hours, according to the Department of Health.This means a total of 4,134,639 people have
- Xhaka’s misjudged pass proved to be costly for the Gunners (Picture: Getty Images)Bernd Leno has defended Granit Xhaka after his costly error in Arsenal’s frustrating 1-1 draw with Burnley at Turf Moor on Saturday.The Gunners took an early lead through Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang before Xhaka’s misplaced pass cannoned against Chris Wood and into the back of the net to level up the scores going into half-time.Arsenal scorned multiple chances across the 90 minutes and Mikel Arteta&
- Sarah Longbottom was told she had period pains and irritable bowel syndrome before she was eventually diagnosed with endometriosis
- New variants are unlikely to send the UK back to square one, an expert has claimed (Picture:PA/Splash/Getty)New Covid variants are ‘very unlikely’ to stop Britain getting back to normal by summer, a top scientist said.Professor Sharon Peacock, who is in charge of tracking strains of the virus, said the country is well equipped to ‘stay ahead’ by adapting vaccines quickly.She said she was ‘very optimistic’ that the rapid immunisation drive would allow the Gover
- EXCLUSIVE: Local residents are willing to pay £300,000 to Adrian Bayford, who currently owns the Grade II-listed Rose and Crown, the last remaining boozer in the tiny Essex village of Ashdon
- Miley Cyrus revealed that playing Hannah Montana gave her an ‘identity crisis’ (Picture: Disney/Getty)Miley Cyrus has opened up about the ‘identity crisis’ she went through after playing Hannah Montana, admitting the character was so much a part of her that she worried people ‘wouldn’t care’ about her without the wig.The singer, 28, starred as Hannah Montana on the Disney Channel from 2006 until 2011 and admitted it had an impact on how she saw herself.&
- The Senate commenced a dreaded 'vote-a-thon' - a continuous series of votes on amendments - shortly before midnight Friday, and by midmorning Saturday had dispensed with over two dozen.
- ‘Old woman’ Janet Witt won an age discrimination pay out from her boss (Picture: Solent/FacebookA 72-year-old shop manager at a honey farm has won a pay-out of nearly £17,000 after her boss called her an ‘old woman’ during a pay dispute.Janet Witt discovered she was being paid less than the man who ran the tea shop next door at New Quay farm in West Wales and confronted the farm’s overall manager, Sam Cooper.An argument ensued in which Mr Cooper, 45, berated h
- The cash was used for an extensive overhaul of No 9 (Pictures:Rex)More than £2.6 million has been spent on refurbishments inside Downing Street so the Government can hold White House-style press briefings.It has been used to overhaul No 9 by making structural changes, carrying out electrical works and installing equipment, lighting and internet infrastructure for the televised question and answer sessions with journalists.The cost of the renovations was revealed as Boris Johnson faces pres
- Sarah Everard, 33, was last seen walking between Clapham Junction and Brixton at 9pm on Wednesday. London Metropolitan Police have released a fresh appeal to find her.
- Xiangwushan Zoo in Xianning, Hubei province, was found to have placed a black and brown dog, which looks like a Rottweiler, in an enclosure after its wolf died of old age
- A 50-year-old man has been arrested in Dundee in connection with the disappearance of a woman and two children.
- The GMB presenter branded Mr Adams (pictured with Meghan in Suits) a 'jumped-up twerp' and said his comments were 'disgusting' after the Canadian actor's lengthy Twitter post.
Zoe Sugg and Alfie Deyes’ relationship history: How long have the couple been together as they announce baby news?Inside Zoella and Alfie Deyes’ relationship as they announce baby newsYouTuber Zoe Sugg sent fans into a spin when she announced her pregnancy, with boyfriend Alfie Deyes.The 30-year-old, also known as Zoella, confirmed their happy news on Instagram, sharing a sweet montage of clips, showing off their scan photo and hospital visits.The mum-to-be also shared a glimpse of her growing baby bump as she posed in a mirror, in a brief clip.Alongside the post, she told fans: ‘We’re sup
- Spain's tourism minister Maria Reyes Maroto has outlined plans for a vaccine passport pilot which could pave the way for millions of Brits to travel to the country
- Trump's lawyers sent the cease-and-desist letters on Friday to the Republican National Committee and umbrella fundraising groups for House and Senate GOP candidates.
- The UK has recorded a further 158 deaths and 6,040 positive cases (Picture: PA/EPA)The UK has recorded another 158 coronavirus deaths, bringing the overall tally since the beginning of the pandemic to 124,419.A further 6,040 people have tested positive for Covid-19 over the last 24 hours, the latest figures from the Department of Health show. This brings the total number of lab-confirmed cases to 4,213,343.In total, more than 21.7 million people have now had their first jab, while 1,090,840 have
- Londoners said sightings of the seal were ‘magical’ (Picture: Broni Lloyd-Edwards)An adorable seal has become a ‘local celeb’ in west London after returning to the same spot every day for a week.Incredible pictures show the animal relaxing on the bank of the River Thames, near St Paul’s school boathouse in Barnes.It was first spotted ‘wobbling’ up a ramp to avoid high tides on Tuesday, and has returned to the same area every day since.The seal has k
RuPaul’s Drag Race star Symone stuns with ‘Say Their Names’ ensemble in honour of Black Lives Matter movementSymone used her platform to make an incredibly powerful statement (Picture: Netflix)RuPaul’s Drag Race superstar Symone stunned the judges and viewers with her runway on the latest episode of the show, wearing an ensemble embellished with the phrase ‘Say Their Names’ in honour of Black Lives Matter and Black Trans Lives Matter.In week nine of the 13th series of Drag Race in the US, RuPaul challenged the queens to bring their best ‘Fascinating Fascinators’ fashion to
- Ultimately, this election is about building the better London we owe our key workers and that we all deserve after the pandemic (Picture: Ian Gavan/Getty Images)It has been a truly dreadful year for London and the entire world.None of us have been untouched by the effects of the pandemic. But I’m immensely proud of how our city has pulled together. I’m proud of the sacrifices made by our heroic NHS and key workers to save lives and keep things moving, and I am proud of each and every
- A month ago the Department of Health announced 828 deaths, with the UK's Covid death rate falling dramatically ahead of schools reopening on Monday
- What a good girl (Picture: Mercury Press & Media)A three-legged dog is living her life to the fullest thanks to her new bionic leg.Frankie, two, was born with her umbilical cord wrapped around her front right foot, which resulted in a lack of blood circulation.She was also the runt of her little, and breeders were worried she wouldn’t make it because she had a tough time gaining weight after she was born.When Joey Bennett, 59, and Jodie Reid, 65, from Ontario, Canada, heard about littl
- The BBC programme celebrates the Commonwealth and will be aired just hours before the explosive tell-all interview with Prince Harry and Meghan Markle
- Bridgerton’s Ruby Barker urged other TV shows to follow suit (Picture: Netflix)Bridgerton star Ruby Barker has said there’s ‘no reason’ why all TV shows shouldn’t consider colourblind casting, after the massive success of the Netflix series.Bridgerton was widely praised for its colourblind casting and, as the Marina Thompson actress pointed out, it became the most successful series Netflix has ever made.Chatting to Metro.co.uk ahead of the release of her first featu
- MPs have questioned if the system is worth such ‘eye watering’ sums (Picture: Getty)The privately-run Test and Trace service is getting another £15billion in funding, despite concerns that taxpayers aren’t getting value for money.
It adds to the £22billion allocated for 2020/21, taking the total to a massive £37billion over two years.
The cash injection was confirmed in the small print of Rishi Sunak’s Budget and will come from a from a special £55
- South Wales Police have confirmed investigations are continuing with two men arrested after the "sudden and unexplained death" of an unnamed teen girl, 16, in in Ynyswen, a rural village in Rhondda Cynon Taf near Treorchy
- A proposed bill would make it illegal for retailers in California to put up signs saying 'boys' and 'girls' over displays of toys, clothes or childcare items under the threat of a $1,000 fine.
- Keown feels his former side need a shake-up of their squad (Picture: Getty Images)Martin Keown says Arsenal’s squad is in need of an overhaul after individual errors and scorned chances saw them drop points in a 1-1 draw with Burnley on Saturday.After Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang opened the scoring early on, the Gunners were the orchestrators of their own downfall when Granit Xhaka’s attempted pass to David Luiz inside the box was fired off Chris Wood and into the back of the net.Nicola
- Arsenal felt they should have been awarded a penalty against Burnley (BT Sport)The Premier League has claimed that Arsenal were denied a penalty against Burnley because Erik Pieters was in ‘close proximity’ to Nicolas Pepe.The Gunners were forced to settle for a point at Turf Moor after Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang’s early opener was cancelled out by Chris Wood, who benefitted from a huge mistake by Granit Xhaka.However, Arsenal felt aggrieved in the 75th minute when Pepe’s
- Mark Pavelich, who played a key role for the legendary 'Miracle on Ice' Olympic team, is dead at 63 years old after being found at a Minnesota residential treatment center.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!