Anneliese Dodds had been in the post for just over a year (Picture: PA)Anneliese Dodds has been sacked as Labour’s Shadow Chancellor, according to reports.
It comes as a widely-anticipated reshuffle of Sir Keir Starmer’s top team got underway on Sunday night, following the party’s dismal performance in this week’s local elections.There has been speculation that Rachel Reeves, the shadow cabinet officer minister, could take over the role.
This is a breaking story – m
- Queensland slams its borders shut to Sydney hotspots
- Air travel this 4th of July weekend is expected to reach near record levels, with 3.5 million passengers expected to fly. It comes as airlines are struggling to meet demand.
- Ministers faced renewed calls yesterday to end lockdown curbs two weeks early after yet more 'encouraging' Covid data showed that hospitalisation and death rates remain low.
- A 27-year-old tourist visiting New York City from Colombia was hit in the head with a glass bottle while travelling alone on the subway on Monday evening in Manhattan.
- The year 10 students at St Luke's Grammar School on Sydney's northern beaches were asked to allocate 25 points based on traits such as popularity, loyalty and attractiveness.
- The cholesterol-busting pills, which cost as little as 4p a day in the UK, drastically cut patients' odds of developing the disease and dying from it.
- A draft recommendation from UNESCO listed the reef's world heritage status as 'in danger' due to Australia's failure to address the effects of climate change on the 2,300km stretch of coral.
- University of Oxford scientists will begin giving people with Covid symptoms ivermectin in a new trial to determine whether it can help patients to recover at home.
- Some 78 per cent of hospital trust leaders in England are extremely or moderately concerned about the operational pressures they will face.
- Trust in yourself today (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Navigating relationships is tough, but your horoscope can help guide you.
Some of the signs are on a roll today, but for others, things are a bit more complicated.Feel like a friend might be trying to control you, Pisces? It might be time for some space before things get too toxic.Leo, you’ve got a problem to solve, but it might take a bit of digging to get to the truth. Listen to your gut, but don’t be too rash.Read on below for a sneak
- People who are caught by Immigration Enforcement from July 1 will be given a 28-day window to apply late for the EU settlement scheme - as campaigners fear thousands will miss the June 30 deadline
- Survey by Savanta ComRes marking five-year anniversary of Brexit vote suggests the Leave result would be overturned
- Labour accuse Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden of driving "the next instalment of his culture war playbook"
- Sun-starved Brits were given fresh hope on Tuesday night as Health Secretary Matt Hancock indicated daily testing could replace quarantine - and children could also be exempt from self-isolation rules
- CNN reported Tuesday night that she would set up the panel after Republicans blocked a 9/11-style commission in the Senate.
- Symptoms of the virus were present in only 0.8 per cent of people who died in the week which ended on Friday, June 11, the Office for National Statistics said.
- Victoria has recorded no additional local cases of coronavirus just hours after government blocked millions of residents in Greater Sydney from entering the southern state.
- Gary Neville says it is ‘job done’ for England after they topped their Euro 2020 group (Picture: ITV)Former Manchester United captain Gary Neville feels ‘really confident’ about England’s Euro 2020 chances but has warned that Gareth Southgate’s side will not ‘outplay’ the best teams in the tournament and can only compete by playing the same measured football which saw them top Group D.Wins over Croatia and the Czech Republic and a draw with Scotlan
- Too Hot to Handle hit Netflix in 2020 (Pictures: Netflix/Too Hot to Handle)The highly-anticipated second season of Too Hot to Handle is right around the corner, but what happened to the cast of the first series?The first season, which premiered last year, saw a group of single individuals enter a house with the aim of splitting a $100,000 (£71,000) cash prize at the end of their stay.The catch? They had to try and refrain from having any intimate contact with each other for four
- T-Pain has no ill feelings towards Usher (Picture: Rex)T-Pain has said he ‘still respects’ Usher despite saying that the singer contributed to his ‘four-year depression’. In a clip from his appearance on Netflix series This Is Pop, T-Pain revealed how he mental health spiralled after Usher allegedly told him he ‘f****d up music’ by popularising Auto-Tune. The anecdote has led to fans bombarding Usher, 42, with criticism on social media, also pointing
- In January, the girl's mother Sarah Lightbody, 23, and Noridah Binte Mohd, 50, asked a Perth doctor to perform the illegal 'female cutting' surgery on the two-week-old.
- The Duchess of Cambridge (pictured on Tuesday) reportedly agreed to attend the ceremony at Kensington Palace next Thursday.
- The High Court heard the widow's late mother-in-law called her son's second wife 'that bloody woman' and much preferred his pensioner ex - who she named in her will
- Scotland were eliminated from Euro 2020 following a 3-1 defeat to Croatia (Picture: Getty)Scotland head coach Steve Clarke said he was ‘proud’ of his players but hoped they managed to ‘learn some lessons’ for the future after being eliminated at the Euro 2020 group stage with a 3-1 defeat to Croatia.Nikola Vlasic’s arrowed finish silenced the Hampden Park crowd as Croatia took the lead in the 17th minute, with both teams aware that victory would guarantee progressio
- Marvin Scott, 26, left, was arrested in Collin County on March 14and died in police custody - and his death was ruled a homicide in April.
- A Senate test vote to debate voting rights legislation failed to override a Republican filibuster Tuesday.
- Charmaine Slater, 56, who was partially paralysed, was trapped in an upstairs bedroom and could not be saved from the horrific blaze that consumer her home in Caldicot, Wales
- Naomi Osaka is back in the spotlight (Pictures: AFP / Instagram @naomiosaka)Naomi Osaka has ended her boycott of the media by posing in her bikini top on the cover of Vogue.The tennis superstar and world’s highest earning female athlete, 23, unveiled her fashion turn in the magazine’s Japan edition.And she accompanied the quirky pics by telling fans: ‘Hope you’re all doing well and staying safe.’Her return to the front pages comes after she caused controversy by ref
- Does the windmill arm hack for jab side effects actually work? (Picture: TikTok)Performing windmills with your arm to get rid of numbness after a coronavirus jab has a ‘placebo effect at best’, scientists have said.Creative young people proposed the quack hack to their legions of followers on video sharing platform TikTok.They hope it will alleviate the sore arm symptom which many people are experiencing post-jab – and perhaps be a cool new move to bust out on the dancefloor wh
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!