- Surveillance footage showed an unidentified man, 54, breaking into a Florida home while yelling expletives at a woman (Pictures: Escambia County Sheriff’s Office)A man who was reportedly en route to an anger management class instead broke into a woman’s home and was fatally shot by her after allegedly charging at her with a knife.Surveillance footage shows the unidentified 54-year-old man at the porch of the home using his legs to stomp at the door while yelling, ‘you wanna f**
- Cressida Dick, Metropolitan Commissioner, said her force’s failings ‘compounded the pain suffered by Daniel’s family’ (Picture: PA)Metropolitan Commissioner Cressida Dick has apologised for failings in the Daniel Morgan murder case, saying it is a ‘matter of great regret that no one has been brought to justice’.The senior police officer admitted her force’s mistakes ‘compounded the pain suffered by Daniel’s family’ after a delayed repor
- Euro 2020 Group F updates from the 5pm BST kick-off£2bn plaything: Orban’s obsession with Hungarian gameExperts’ Network: Hungary | Experts’ Network: PortugalGet in touch! Email Will here or tweet @Will_Unwin 5.18pm BST 18 mins: Every time Ronaldo gets the ball, two or three players converge. He certainly is getting special treatment on the pitch and in the stands. 5.16pm BST 16 mins: Fiola absolutely flies into Semedo, injuring himself in the process. Hungary are just co
- ERCOT put its grid condition alert level to yellow - a conservation alert - urging residents to conserve energy Monday through Friday.
- Ryan O’Connor, 26, was found unconscious in Newport last week (Picture: Athena Pictures/Media Wales)Five teenagers have appeared in court over the robbery and murder of a man in South Wales.Ryan O’Connor, 26, is said to have been seriously assaulted before being found unconscious and unresponsive in Balfe Road in the Alway area of Newport, just after 9pm on Thursday.His five alleged attackers appeared at Newport Magistrates’ Court yesterday and spoke only to confirm their names
- Mustafa al-Darwish, 26, was executed despite promises from the desert kingdom that the death penalty would no longer apply for offences committed when defendants were children.
- Caroline Kaufman, 27, says she is now seeking the eight-figure sum through her lawyer Spencer Kuvin after earlier rejecting a smaller offer from an Epstein victims' compensation fund.
- Industry seeking thousands of redundancies across Great Britain after fall in passengers due to CovidTrain operators, Network Rail and unions have agreed to talks over cutting rail services and axing thousands of jobs to save the industry up to £2bn a year as it plans for a post-Covid future of fewer passengers.Under a framework agreement signed by the four main transport unions and rail employers, voluntary redundancies will be sought throughout the railway to close the funding gap from a
- Mike Pompeo said Tuesday that President Joe Biden is showing up with a 'self-dealt weak hand' as he meets Russian President Vladimir Putin Wednesday.
- Fashion retailer says revenues grew 32% in three months to May even as Covid-19 lockdowns easedStrong sales of dresses and going-out clothes helped Boohoo capitalise on the online shopping boom seen during the pandemic, as it announced further measures to improve oversight of suppliers.The online fashion retailer said its revenues grew 32% in the three months to May compared with the same period in 2020, even as Covid-19 lockdowns eased and high street retailers reopened their shops, providing i
- St James’s Palace Stakes the centrepiece on day oneGreg Wood marks your card for the opening dayAnd feel free to email Tony or tweet him @tonypaley 5.11pm BST 1 Reshoun (W Buick) 66-1
2 M C Muldoon (R L Moore) 11-2
3 Elysian Flame (B A Curtis) 16-1
4 Golden Rules (L Dettori) 12-1
Also: 5-2 Fav Cape Gentleman 5.00pm BST They’re off ... there’s a long way to go ... Reshoun makes a bid for the lead ... Golden Rules is very keen ... towards the back with only four or five be
- via mirror.co.ukMother-of-eight Mary Marshall boasts a whopping 90 grandchildren and the the family stretches from the 86-year-old to the youngest member who is just a couple of weeks old
- Michael Campbell, 54, from Washington, has been charged with murder and kidnapping, accused of shooting a catalytic converter thief, dragging him behind his truck and leaving him to die.
- President attends US-EU summit in Brussels this morningReports say Biden has prepared extensively for Geneva meeting No sign of thaw between Russia and US ahead of Swiss summit 5.10pm BST Joe Biden is now meeting with Swiss president Guy Parmelin in Geneva, as the US president prepares for his summit with Vladimir Putin tomorrow.Asked by reporters whether he is ready for his meeting with the Russian president, Biden replied, “I’m always ready.”Biden, in meeting with Swiss leade
- The richest Americans could be hit with bills for billions of dollars under plans being developed for a wealth tax by Democratic Rep. Tom Suozzi.
- Murray won in straight sets (Picture: Getty)Andy Murray made a winning return to competitive singles tennis on British soil after a three-year absence, beating Benoit Paire at Queen’s in straight sets.Murray, the three-time Grand Slam champion from Dunblane, has not competed on the British grass since a defeat to compatriot Kyle Edmund at Eastbourne in 2018.The former world No. 1 could only muster an appearance in doubles – winning the Queen’s title with Spain’s Feliciano
- 'Why do you ALWAYS take the road of being a piece of sh*t a**hole?' Chrissy Teigen tweeted me several years ago. How hollow thistirade looks now as the nasty, vile truth about her has finally emerged.
- Ex-wife of Jeff Bezos says she wants to donate ‘fortune that was enabled by systems in need of change’The billionaire philanthropist MacKenzie Scott, known for her impromptu multibillion-dollar donations to charities and racial equity issues, has announced that she has given a further $2.7bn (£1.9bn) to 286 organisations.Scott, the ex-wife of the Amazon founder, Jeff Bezos, wrote in a Medium post that she made the gifts to enable the organisations to continue their work, and as
- Annual celebration of James Joyce’s novel Ulysses will see dream of ‘citizen’ character played out for realThe cantankerous xenophobe referred to as the “citizen” in James Joyce’s novel Ulysses seems poised to finally get his wish after more than a century.In Joyce’s literary masterpiece, set in Dublin on 16 June 1904, the character rails against foreigners, Jews and the “thicklugged” English and yearns for an Irish battleship to fly the flag
Gary Neville ‘mesmerised’ as fellow Manchester United legend Cristiano Ronaldo makes history at Euro 2020Manchester United Gary Neville has paid tribute to Euros history-maker Cristiano Ronaldo (Pictures: Getty/ITV)Gary Neville has paid tribute to ‘exceptional’ Cristiano Ronaldo after he became the first player in history to feature in five different European Championships.‘He was a huge frustration in those early years – he was very young, an 18-year-old getting used to the Premier League,’ Neville told ITV Football.‘He was inconsistent, made poor, incorrect dec
- The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) said it will study the US tech giants and their services to assess whether their size means competition is being stifled.
Coronavirus live news: Oman detects ‘black fungus’ infection; 12-year-olds in France get first vaccinationsThree patients infected with mucormycosis, previously seen in India; Perceval Gete becomes one of youngest people in Europe to receive jabCovid Delta variant: how effective are the vaccines?Why is Israel lifting restrictions as England extends them?China set to administer 1bn Covid vaccine doses by end of this weekIreland to double quarantine period for unvaccinated UK arrivalsUK coronavirus updates – live 5.08pm BST Here’s the full story on Scottish first minister Nicola Sturgeon su
- GB News is coming (Picture: Rex/GB News)News channel GB News launched in the UK on June 13 – the first new news channel since ITV News took to the air in 2000.The channel scored a bigger audience than BBC News on its opening night, proving popular in spite of being plagued by technical difficulties in its first few days on air.It is set to take on the likes of BBC News and Sky News when it launches ,with a line-up set to include Andrew Neil, former BBC newsreader Simon McCoy, Kirsty Gallac
- Rolling coverage of the latest economic and financial newsLatest: US retail sales dropped in MayFull story: UK unemployment rate drops again as firms hire more staff7am: UK jobless rate drops to 4.7% in February-AprilPayrolled employees surged by 197,000 in May to 28.5m Vacancies up as firms look to hireRedundancies fall to pre-Covid levels.. Youth employment at critical moment5.07pm BST Back in the City, the FTSE 100 has ended the day at its highest close since the pandemic hit Europe in late F
- via mirror.co.ukSocial media users can't agree on the answer and it is all down to where you live
- Chelsea Cuthbertson denies the murder of Malakai Watts (Picture: Daily Echo/Solent News)A mother is standing trial accused of murdering her six-week-old baby boy by shaking him to death.Chelsea Cuthbertson, 28, is alleged to have inflicted serious head injuries on Malakai Watts, who was rushed to hospital from the family’s two-bedroom flat in Hythe, Southampton, on February 2, 2019.The baby, who was born on the previous Christmas Day, was put in a medically induced coma at a paediatric int
- Father-of-two Mr Morgan was killed with an axe to the head in the car park of the Golden Lion pub in Sydenham, south-east London , on March 10, 1987 while he was probing corrupt officers.
- Captain Knight: ‘We tried to get it changed but too late’ECB: ‘We accept this issue shouldn’t have arisen’England Women have been rebuffed in their request to play on a fresh wicket in their Test match against India on Wednesday and will instead have to compete on a pitch used for a men’s game last week, a situation labelled “not ideal” by the captain, Heather Knight.England’s first Test against India for seven years will take place at Bristo
- There’s a kickass heroine in this 80s-set Chernobyl-with-mould sci-fi, but even she can’t muster up a clear narrative Like Chernobyl with mould, this Soviet-era-set Russian horror-sci-fi follows experts racing against the clock to put the lid on a disaster inside a government facility: here it’s a top secret research station seven miles underground, the source of an apocalyptic outbreak of fungus. As with Chernobyl, the movie features strong 80s moustaches, lab coats, and chara
- Exploiting division for electoral gain could spark another Stephen Lawrence or Jo Cox tragedy, Samuel Kasumu warnsKasumu on why he quit as No 10’s race adviserBoris Johnson’s former race adviser has warned of another Stephen Lawrence or Jo Cox tragedy if members of the government continue to inflame the culture wars gripping parts of the nation.Speaking publicly for the first time since he resigned two months ago, Samuel Kasumu said he feared there were some in government pursuing a
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!