Angela Rippon is a British icon and she’s solidified this status by doing the splits on TV.Appearing on The One Show tonight, one viewer wrote in saying they knew the journalist could perform the stunt.‘I’ve heard you can do the splits Angela, could you do it to finish the show please?’ Host Rylan Clarke Neal read out.Even though the message received a laugh from
- Now she’s a mother, Billie has looks back on her popstar past differently(Picture: BBC/GETTY)Billie Piper has described her teenage years as a chart-topping singer as ‘unbelievably unsafe’ and ‘lonely’.The Doctor Who star had a number one in 1998 with Because We Want To when she was just 15, making her the youngest female artist to debut at the top of the singles chart.Speaking to Lauren Laverne on BBC Radio 4’s Desert Island Discs, Billie said: ‘When I
- Cryptocurrencies are surging with one digital unit surging in value by a whopping a 18,000 per cent in just one year and doubling in price in only one week. But it's not Bitcoin.
- Andrew Yang is garnering backlash on Twitter for saying 'sh*t' during a campaign stop at a church in Brooklyn, with users claiming it wasn't the place to use such language.
- Michael Paul Moogan, 35, from Liverpool, was linked to an international drug smuggling investigation after National Crime Agency officers raided a café in Rotterdam back in 2013.
- Maria Korotaeva, 27, claims in a new tell-all book that Andrew Bush, who was dubbed 'Mr Bling of Marbella', had received death threats in the weeks before his murder in his villa in Spain in 2014.
- The moveis to help fight a crushing outbreak of the coronavirus in the country, the airline said Sunday.
- Nearly 15 million people have had two jabs in England (Picture: AFP)More than a third of adults in England have now had two coronavirus vaccine jabs, it has been confirmed.
Some 14,871,208 have now had a second dose, NHS figures showed on Sunday.
This is a breaking story – more to follow.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle reportedly made Archie's birthday card and wrote a poem to go inside, as well as splashing out on toys and a new outfit for the soon-to-be big brother
- Treasurer Josh Frydenberg will announce projects worth $110 billion to generate thousands of jobs over the next ten years as the nation recovers from the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Monday's parade will pass through Jerusalem's Old City, part of east Jerusalem, which was captured and annexed by Israel in the 1967 Arab-Israeli war, despite soaring tensions.
- Many countries are relying on temperature checks to limit the spread of Covid as they have no vaccinesSome of the world’s poorest countries are being left behind in the fight against Covid and have not administered a single vaccine.
The World Health Organisation (WHO) said about a dozen countries – many of them in Africa – are still waiting to secure vaccines.Despite accounting for 16% of people worldwide, Africa has delivered just 1% of the total number of coronavirus jabs. Th
- The incident happened at a HS2 construction site in Wendover (Shutterstock)An HS2 worker has been temporarily blinded in both eyes by a green laser shone at him on a construction site.Police are investigating after a man in his 50s was targeted at around 2.15pm in Wendover, Buckinghamshire, on Wednesday. He was standing by the side of a lorry at an HS2 building site when he noticed a green light source apparently being directed at him.Police said he then turn towards the light, exposi
- Not a bad use of time at all (Picture: Lucy Tallyn/SWNS)A woman has used her spare time during lockdown to undertake DIY transformations of her house and share satisfying time-lapse videos of the work.
Lucy Tallyn, 33, has a keen eye for style and, after spending eight years working in the fashion industry before being furloughed, turned that eye toward home improvement.She shares photos and soothing time-lapse videos of the projects she undertakes with her tens of thousands of followers on Inst
Jurgen Klopp ‘personally researching’ Yves Bissouma as Liverpool prepare to battle Arsenal for Brighton starThe midfielder is wanted by a host of the Premier League’s biggest clubs (Pictures: Getty)Jurgen Klopp is ‘personally researching’ Yves Bissouma’s character as Liverpool prepare to battle Arsenal and several other Premier League giants for the Brighton star’s signature.The 24-year-old has established himself as one of the best box-to-box midfielders in the league, delivering consistently excellent performances, and is keen to move to a club who can offer European fo
- Katherina seemed to be in constant pain and often cried. But when her mum Rada Hristova brought her to the GP, she could not receive a diagnosis and became worried about her baby
- During a appearance on Vax Live telecast, Meghan Markle wore a Cartier Tank Française watch, understood to have been owned by Princess Diana
- Paul Lowry, 66, died instantly when his plane crashed into the sea off the west coast of Spain after he hit a 'freak' bank ofthick marine fog that caused him to lose control of the aircraft.
- The 2021 local election results are now pretty much over, and the two big stories are Labour's lacklustre limping and Nicola Sturgeon's separatist surge. But there's more to it than that. Now the dust has settled, we take you beyond the headlines
- Harry Kane is considering his future at Tottenham (Photo by Tottenham Hotspur FC/Tottenham Hotspur FC via Getty Images)Harry Kane should leave Tottenham this summer in order to boost his chances of winning silverware.That’s the view of former England skipper Alan Shearer, who believes now is the perfect time for Kane to seek an exit from north London.Kane is believed to be keen on leaving Spurs but he’s tied to a contract until 2024 and Tottenham’s chairman Daniel Levy would no
- Nicola Sturgeon claims there is a mandate for a second referendum (Picture: Visual7)The battle for a second Scottish independence referendum is underway, with Nicola Sturgeon saying it would be ‘outrageous’ for Westminster to try and block it in the courts.She is determined to give Scots another vote on the issue – but a senior UK government minister has said it won’t be approved, as the SNP did not secure a majority in the Holyrood elections.Ms Sturgeon, who fell one sea
- A 24-year-old man has been arrested following the incident in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, on Saturday. The boy was walking down the street with his brother when he was attacked, police said
- Aston Villa star Ollie Watkins has impressed Liverpool great Robbie Fowler (Picture: Getty)Liverpool legend Robbie Fowler believes Ollie Watkins could be exactly the kind of player Jurgen Klopp is missing up front and can see the striker thriving under the German’s tutelage.Watkins has taken to Premier League football superbly well since joining Aston Villa from Championship outfit Brentford in a £28million move last summer, notching up 13 goals and four assists in the top flight.The
- WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES Stacy Dolan, who was knifed three times with a screwdriver by Sharon Mather near Wigan, Greater Manchester, suffered a puncture wound to her face in the 'nasty and unpleasant incident'
- The stowaways jumped out of the opening they made just five minutes after the truck arrived in a freight company yard in Hounslow, west London last week.
- When Oceana Strachan, who lives in Woollongong on the NSW south coast, first noticed a small bump on her right shin, she brushed it off as apimple or hair follicle - it didn't look like a regular mole.
- Princess Anne's son Peter Phillips is less known compared to his cousins Prince William and Prince Harry. He is said to be the Queen's 'favourite' grandson. Here is all we know about him, his life and career
- A woman has died in a fire in Dudley (PA)A 43-year-old woman has died and a teenage girl has been seriously hurt after a house fire in Dudley.Police said officers were called to the blaze on Beacon Road, Sedgley, at around 3.45pm on Saturday.Despite the efforts of emergency services, the woman was declared dead at the scene.The girl, 16, remains in hospital with serious injuries.A 49-year-old man was taken to hospital but was released a short while later after being checked over, the force said.
Coronation Street star Charlie Condou lost use of his hand through long Covid: ‘Still no sign of recovery’Actor Charlie Condou shared he has been battling Covid-19 for six months (Picture: Getty)Former Coronation Street star Charlie Condou says he lost the use of his fingers through long Covid.The actor, who plays Marcus Dent on the soap, shared on Twitter that he contracted the Covid-19 virus six months ago.He also detailed experiencing ‘phantom smells’ throughout, telling a fan that he occasionally smells ‘sweaty feet’.Charlie tweeted on Saturday: ‘It’s been alm
Things got pretty savage on the most recent episode of Rupaul’s Drag Race Down Under, when contestant Anita Wigl’it told a Prince Andrew joke that had Ru howling.Anita Wigl’it slayed during a memorable snatch game, after getting into character as Queen Elizabeth II.Before pulling on the costume and looking more regal than ever, Anita delivered one of the most memorable
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!