Murray spoke on a wide range of issues in tennis (Picture: ROSS WOODHALL)At the end of a disappointing season, Andy Murray is looking forward to the next and is full of ‘motivation’ to return to some of the biggest stages in tennis.Murray, the former world No. 1 from Dunblane, admitted he felt ‘down’ after bringing his season to a halt after a defeat to Fernando Verdasco in Cologne – his fourth loss in his last five matches.
It was a year to forget. He skipped the A
- Larry’s family honoured him by wearing his signature braces (Picture: SGranitz/WireImage)Larry King’s family honoured the late journalist by wearing his signature suspenders to his funeral.The 87-year-old was known for wearing colourful suspenders with a shirt and tie on his talk shows, including Larry King Live and Larry King Now.His family, including his estranged wife Shawn Southwick King and his three sons Larry Jr, 59, Chance, 21, and Cannon, 20, all wore suspenders to his funer
- 53% said their natural hair has been judged as unattractive or unprofessional (Picture: Getty)At least 93% of Black people with Afro hair in the UK have experienced microaggressions related to their hair, according to a new report.The new study by Pantene has revealed that discrimination against Afro hair is widespread, and uninvited hair touching was reported as one of the most common types of microaggressions, experienced by nearly half (46%).Crucially, only 7% of people without Afro hair were
Dancing On Ice 2021: Denise Van Outen vomited and ‘nearly passed out’ from pain after fracturing shoulder in horror fallDenise Van Outen nearly passed out from the pain after horror Dancing On Ice fall (Picture: ITV)Dancing On Ice star Denise Van Outen vomited and nearly ‘passed out from the pain’ after her painful injury.The TV presenter dislocated her shoulder and fractured it in three places during a horror fall while rehearsing for the show – leading her to leave the ITV series.She has now been replaced by gymnast Amy Tinkler, who will be skating alongside Joe Johnson.The 46-year-old initial
- The national R number is estimated to be at 0.98 with a range of 0.92 to 1.04 (Picture: Metro.co.uk)The number of coronavirus infections is falling across the country and the R rate could be as low as 0.9, a new study shows.The findings from the eighth round of Imperial College London’s React study indicates a drop in numbers last week– suggesting lockdown is starting to have an effect.But the research, which tested more than 167,600 volunteers in England between Janua
- Sara Tasker is one of many who have hired campervans to act as offices while working remotely (Picture: Sara Tasker)As someone with ADHD, who works from home and has aseven-year-old child, Business Coach Sara Tasker struggles with distraction.
However, she’s recently discovered an ideal solution to help her keep focussed during the working day – a campervan.While the thought of hiring one as a workspace might seem a bit extreme to some, Sara admits it came from ‘absolute desper
- Some bottles of Ecover 1.5 litre zero non-bio laundry liquid may contain a dangerous level of potassium hydroxide which can cause skin burns. Morrisons, Tesco and Boots are among stores to pull it from sale
- Thomas Tuchel took charge of his first game as Chelsea manager against Wolves on Wednesday night (Picture: Getty)Thomas Tuchel insists he is confident it won’t take long for his new Chelsea charges to get to grips with his tactical demands following last night’s stalemate against Wolves.The German took charge of his first game little more than 24 hours after his appointment as Frank Lampard’s successor was confirmed and named, by his own admission, an ‘unfair’ start
- Anthony Martial is struggling for goals and form (Picture: Getty Images)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer admits Anthony Martial, and the entire Manchester United squad, deserves criticism after their shock defeat to Sheffield United on Wednesday night, but has backed the striker to come good.The Red Devils were stunned at Old Trafford by the Blades, losing 2-1 to the team rooted to the foot of the table, with just one league win this season before Wednesday evening.United missed the chance to go top of the
- Chandler Riggs is recovering in hospital (Picture: @chandlerriggs, Twitter)Chandler Riggs has revealed he underwent surgery this week as fans grew concerned after he posted a photo from hospital. The Walking Dead actor shared a picture of himself giving a thumbs up from his hospital bed but offered no explanation as to his ailment. Now to reassure fans of his health, Chandler has shared an update and tweeted: ‘Hey guys, so i had to have surgery but it went well and i’m reco
- Two 16-year-olds and a 15-year-old were taken into custody on Wednesday on first-degree murder, burglary, assault and arson charges, Denver Police Chief Paul Pazen said.
- Paul Rivas, 64, pleaded not guilty to six counts of 2nd degree assault, six of failure to perform duties of a driver causing injuries and one resulting in death. during a wild hit-and-run rampage in Portland.
- Sir Desmond Swayne allegedly claimed the country was ‘bouncing round at the typical level of deaths for the time of year’ (Picture: Getty)A senior Conservative MP has been accused of spreading ‘dangerous misinformation’ about coronavirus and urging anti-vaxxers to ‘persist’ with their campaign against Government restrictions.Sir Desmond Swayne, who was a senior aide to former prime minister David Cameron, claimed Covid-19 infection and mortality figures had be
- Dr Anthony Fauci warned Wednesday that getting the COVID-19 vaccination doesn't give people a 'free pass to travel' as hundreds line up to receive the jab at Dodger Stadium in hard-hit California.
- Police have been scrambled to Melbourne's Bourke Street Mall after a driver was seen 'tearing down' the busy shopping street.
- Yellow weather warnings for 'heavy snow' have been issued by the Met Office, covering much of Scotland and parts of northern England.
- Halsey and Alev Aydin have matching tattoos (Picture: AP/Instagram/Alev Aydin)Halsey and her boyfriend Alev Aydin managed to keep another secret aside from their baby news, as the couple got matching tattoos last year. The Boy With Luv singer announced she was pregnant with her first child yesterday, surprising her followers. It came as an even bigger shock as very few people knew Halsey and Alev were dating. Following the exciting news, it’s now emerged that the couple visi
- Princess Anne decided not to give her children, Peter Phillips and Zara Tindall, royal titles when they were born - and their father had the same attitude towards the honours
- ‘Our sex life is cold’ (Picture: Neil Webb/Metro.co.uk)My boyfriend is lovely in so many ways, but our sex life is cold and even robotic at times.
He has trouble making eye contact when we have sex and we never properly kiss any more.
We cuddle and sleep closely but we only have sex about once a week and I would like it much more.
I’m worried if I say something, he might give me even less of him. What do I do?Most couples have different desire settings.‘Some people also d
- Boris Johnson
has today said schools in England will not reopen until at least March 8 - after the UK became just the fifth country in the world to pass 100,000 deaths
- Summer wants to tell Brody about Sienna’s affair in Hollyoaks (Picture: Lime Pictures)Summer Ranger (Rhiannon Clements) is determined to expose Sienna Blake’s (Anna Passey) affair with Warren Fox (Jamie Lomas) in Hollyoaks, but will she successfully do so?Warren confessed to Summer that he’s been having an affair with Sienna in an effort to stop her discovering the truth about Cormac’s (James Gaddas) hospitalisation.
His plan worked, and Summer has been hellbent on exposi
- (Picture: ITV)Lives are on the line in Emmerdale as Jamie Tate (Alexander Lincoln) prepares to lash out with a can of petrol – little knowing that Kyle is playing in the barn that he plans to torch.
In response, a fuming Moira Dingle (Natalie J Robb) arms herself with a gun and storms Home Farm before pulling the trigger.
The war is heating up but who comes out on top?
Monday February 1Laurel fights her demons, tempted by a bottle of vodka. An alert from her pregnancy app leads her to sink
- (Picture: BBC)Killer secrets are coming to light as, after some digging, Max Branning (Jake Wood) accuses Sharon Beale (Letitia Dean) of attacking Ian (Adam Woodyatt) and declares to the Vic that Tina Carter (Luisa Bradshaw-White), which puts her murderer Gray Atkins (Toby-Alexander Smith) in hot water.
In other murderer news, Lucas Johnson (Don Gilet) has an aggressive showdown with Denise Fox (Diane Parish), which leaves her loved ones fearing she is dead when blood is found…Monday Febr
- Ted Cruz appeared on Fox News Primetime on Wednesday just moments after President Joe Biden and John Kerry tied climate change to creating job opportunity.
- Looking for a new job this year? Start here (Picture: Getty Images/iStockphoto)If the January work slump is hitting you hard, you might be tempted to dive into a drastic career change.
But which area should you delve into?
Perhaps Glassdoor can help you decide, as they’ve released their list of the top jobs in the UK for 2021, based on salary, job openings, and job satisfaction.
It turns out that a product manager is the best thing you can be right now (fairly general, we know, but you cou
- With a net worth of some £3.9million ($5.3m) Aimee Elizabeth says she refuses to go a single penny over her £730, or $1,000 monthly budget
- Maisy Mason, 20, is a regular McDonald's customer so she went to the branch on Exeter High Street for her 'go-to' order as she didn't have time to make her own lunch
- 13-year-old autistic boy who went missing on the New South Wales Central Coast has been found on a houseboat in Mooney Mooney, New South Wales
- A controversial vegan activist was scolded bycrowds when she protested the consumption of animal products at a barbecue raising money for Western Australian firefighters
Britney Spears and Justin Timberlake may no longer be together but she still appreciates his music, after sharing a video of herself dancing to one of his songs.The Toxic singer delighted her Instagram followers when she posted a minute-long clip of herself performing somewhat of an interpretive dance to Justin and Jay Z’s 2013 single Holy Grail. ‘Danced in my black
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!