- Mohamed Zuhbi arrived in Melbourne on a flight from Turkey about 4pm on Saturday and was taken into custody by counterterrorism authorities at the airport.
- John Whittingdale said it is 'sensible to look at alternative ownership models' and did not 'by any means rule out' the UK public-service broadcaster being acquired by a streaming giant.
- 'We've a £10m black hole in the royal finances, Kate - just how profitable could your honey be?'
- via mirror.co.ukIt comes ahead of an expected update to England's travel list, which is due Thursday night, with hopes that more travel destinations will be added to the green list
- A picture showing hundreds of cars at a drive-thru testing site in Bondi on Wednesday at 10pm has sparked Karl Stefanovic to say 'it was the moment Sydney finally got it'.
- Victoria has recorded only one new case of Covid-19 as restrictions are slashed across Melbourne to allow the city's residents to gather in groups of up to 15 people.
- Anna Sandhu Ray, 74, the ex-wife of MLK assassin James Earl Ray, is facing dozens of counts of animal cruelty after authorities discovered dozens of pets starving in her Jackson, Tennessee home.
- A new Tourism Australia report has showed significant losses to the tourism industry due to the pandemic, suggesting domestic tourists stay longer to make up for the lost income
- Disgraced Benjamin Monk twice won a juniors' cup as a teenager and played off a five handicap at Bridgnorth Golf Club in Shropshire.
- Mana the 26-year-old hippo suffered a medical episode in his paddock on Tuesday afternoon at his home at the Taronga Western Plains Zoo in Dubbo, in central NSW.
- The Duke and Duchess of Sussex are said to have not been keen on the title because they feared the young royal might be mocked, the Telegraph reports.
- David and Susan Crouch (pictured) will reportedly ask a family court in Athens to look after Lydia following the murder of her British mother.
- Ministers are under intense pressure to lift Covid travel restrictions on the Balearic islands and Malta today after scientists declared them safe. There will be a meeting today on expanding travel green list.
- Record temperatures and drought conditions could spell disaster for the US west, potentially heralding destructive wildfires, water shortages and rolling blackouts.
- GPs and hospital medics are now retiring at an average age of just 59 in England and Wales, blaming high workloads and 'punitive' taxes.
- Scarlet Nexus – unashamedly anime (pic: Bandai Namco)Bandai Namco’s new action role-player mixes anime visuals with some highly satisfying combat, and all while being an entirely original IP.The past few years have been golden ones for fans of Japanese role-playing games (JRPGs), with multiple Final Fantasy and Yakuza games, and even NieR, deservedly enjoying mainstream success – backed up by countless equally fine efforts that failed to escape from the JRPG niche. But rather t
- Did 3D Sonic peak with Sonic Adventure? (pic: Sega)The Thursday Inbox has some new theories for Smash Bros. Ultimate’s final DLC fighter, as another reader reminisces about the Master System.To join in with the discussions yourself email [email protected]
I found the news of the Sonic The Hedgehog Minecraft DLC fascinating not only because it looked good (and for the first time ever made me want to try the game) but because it posed the question what is the best 3D Sonic gam
- Travel workers called on the Prime Minister to expand the quarantine-free travel green list at today's review and make it easier for fully-vaccinated Britons to go on holiday.
- The Strawberry Moon, named from ancient times for the ripening of the fruit in the northern hemisphere summer, will rise in Australian skies tonight as the last super moon of the year.
- The Prime Minister said the premier was 'taking the right approach' to adopt proportionate restrictions as an outbreak of the Indian Delta variant rose to 36 on Wednesday.
- For the first time, Palace officials yesterday unveiled figures showing how many staff are from black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds.
- Mother accused of murdering her son, 7, was arrested on June 8 in Denver while having breakfast with a man she had just met days earlier.
- via mirror.co.ukRetired driving instructor Dave Smith, 72, was first admitted to hospital in May 2020 - and was still suffering from the virus more than 10 months later
- Buckingham Palace revealed yesterday that it had lost just over half its annual income outside of Government funding after closing to visitors.
Devoted vegan couple, 74 and 72, die in suicide pact at their retirement village home, inquest hearsPeter White, 72, and his wife Diana, 74, from Trafford, Greater Manchester, were found dead in their flat at the sheltered housing scheme in Altrincham in January this year.
- Rev. Jesse Jackson, 79, was arrested by Capitol police for 'illegal demonstrating activity' during a Poor People's Campaign protest in Washington D.C..
- Cristiano Ronaldo is now the joint highest men’s international scorer with 109 goals (AP)Cristiano Ronaldo has received a message of congratulations from Iran’s legendary striker Ali Daei after equalling the record for most international goals in men’s football.Ronaldo scored two penalties in the 2-2 draw with France at Euro 2020 on Wednesday evening, which puts him level with Daei on 109 international goals.Ronaldo now has the chance to break that record in Portugal’s la
- A survey found that 44 per cent of university students in the UK are dissatisfied this year, up from 29 per cent in 2019, before Covid-19 struck.
- Prince Charles bankrolled the Duke and Duchess of Sussex by a 'substantial sum' in the months following Megxit, despite Harry claiming his family 'literally cut me off financially'.
- Figures show that rates of melanoma among men have leapt by 47 per cent in ten years, compared with a 30 per cent increase among women.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!