- The 2021 local election results are now pretty much over, and the two big stories are Labour's lacklustre limping and Nicola Sturgeon's separatist surge. But there's more to it than that. Now the dust has settled, we take you beyond the headlines
- Channel 5 bosses have apologised and paid damages to a woman featured in an episode of a television programme called Can't Pay? We'll Take it Away!, a High Court judge has been told.
- Xavier Hernandez, 21, passed awayMarch 1, after being rushed to hospital from Boulevard Heights - a school set up for disabled students in Fort Worth.
- Kadan and Brooklyn Rockett say they were jailed twice without due process for repeatedly refusing to live with their divorced mother, court papers reveal.
- Ella Halliday (pictured), 18, fell from the Irwell Chambers building in Liverpool, Merseyside, on June 1. Despite the best efforts of paramedics, she was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Semi-Detached has not been granted an extension (Picture: BBC / Getty)Lee Mack’s sitcom Semi-Detached has been axed after just one season.The 52-year-old comedy star led the cast of the BBC Two comedy as wedding DJ and perennial loser Stuart, who faces a mid-life crisis with his ex-wife living a few feet from his new family.Set in a suburban cul-de-sac, the series followed Lee’s character Stuart in real-time, with each episode a 30-minute window into his claustrophobic, complicated l
- The British Meat Processors Association and the British Poultry Council are demanding urgent action from ministers to protect food supplies as the festive favourite is put at risk
- Officer Amanda Rosales struck a wounded man lying in a street Sunday night when responding to reports of a shooting in Springfield, Ohio. Eric Cole, 42, was flown to the hospital, where he died.
- Police have quizzed the couple at a police station in Sussex after officers traced their moves in Brighton on Saturday.
- Medics have forbidden 28-year-old Melissa Laurie, a zoo keeper, from flying for at least two weeks as she recovers from a punctured lung which she suffered when she was attacked by a crocodile in Mexico.
- Paul Ritchie bombarded ex-Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn and former Commons Speaker John Bercow with torrent of abuse, including death threats.
- Greek police say Babis Anagnostopoulos tried to disguise the murder of Caroline Crouch as a burglary-gone-wrong because he wanted to raise their daughter.
- Could Holly take Piers’ place on GMB? (Picture: Ken McKay/ITV/Shutterstock)Several Good Morning Britain viewers have called for This Morning’s Holly Willoughby to replace Piers Morgan on the show and host with Susanna Reid.Earlier this week, it was announced that money expert Martin Lewis is to join Susanna on ITV’s GMB for a guest stint from Monday June 28 to Wednesday June 30.He’ll be stepping into Piers’ shoes following the broadcaster’s departure from the
- Rain and thunderstorms are set to batter South East England in the coming days (Pictures: LNP / PA / REX / EPA )Rain and thunderstorms are set to batter South East England in the coming days, bringing an end to the stretch of sunny weather seen earlier this month.
Temperatures have dropped across the whole of the UK, which recorded the hottest day of the year so far just four days ago.
In start contrast to the sweltering heat and clear blue skies seen at the start of he week, torrential downpour
- The senior Financial Times correspondent banked on the Tories holding their safe seat (Picture: Jim Pickard @PickardJE)A senior politics journalist has made good on a promise to eat his hat if the Lib Dems beat the heavily-favoured Tories in Monday’s shock by-election loss for Boris Johnson.The Buckinghamshire constituency was seen as a Tory safe seat for decades, with bookies offering 15/1 odds of a Lib Dem victory in the run-up to the vote.Odds rose to 4/1 amid reports that internal Libe
- Jake Harris, 33, and Sam Newstead, 31, were enjoying a drinks in Rochester, Kent when they had a brainwave and after plugging holes in the skiplowered it into the River Medway.
- Buffalo Bills wide receiver Cole Beasley has condemned both the NFL and the players' union over new COVID-19 protocols that lift constraints on vaccinated players.
- Richard Alex 'Alec' Murdaugh has offered a sample to investigators and is 'willing to do anything' to help find the killer of his son Paul, 22, and wife Margaret, 52, his brothers told GMA.
- Mourinho aimed a fresh dig at Deschamps (Picture: Getty)Jose Mourinho continued his war of wards with France manager Didier Deschamps, suggesting he is bitter because of a Champions League defeat 17 years ago.
Mourinho, the Manchester United and Chelsea manager, drew an angry response from the French coach when he claimed it would be an ‘unsuccessful Euros’ if the reigning world champions failed to win the tournament.
Deschamps sassily responded: ‘I thought the same thing about
- Maybe they’re just skipping ahead to Bayonetta 4? (pic: PlatinumGames)Nintendo has insisted that Bayonetta 3 ‘definitely still exists’ but there’s still no clue as to when it will be revealed or released.Given the entire project was restarted from scratch in early 2019, it wasn’t much of a surprise to find that Metroid Prime 4 wasn’t part of Nintendo’s E3 2021 showcase. They did mention it though, confirming it was still underway, but there was absolutel
- EXCLUSIVE: A poll for MailOnline found 61 per cent assess it is 'likely' or 'very likely' that restrictions will need to be reimposed later in 2021.
- Armed police were called at around 10.50pm last night to reports of a man suffering gunshot wounds in Balham, south London. The victim was rushed to hospital but pronounced dead 45 minutes later.
- Jodie Weston shot into the public eye after appearing on Channel 5 show 'Rich Kids Go Skint', but she claims her episode made her the target of vicious trolls
- A King’s College study suggests infections may now be starting to level off (Picture: EPA)England’s R number has remained unchanged from last week, despite Boris Johnson’s decision to delay the lifting of lockdown.
The rate is currently between 1.2 and 1.4, meaning every 10 infected people will go on to infect another 12 to 14 people.When the figure is above 1, an outbreak can grow exponentially but when it is below 1, it means the virus is in retreat.
The last time England had
- EXCLUSIVE: Selly Oak in Birmingham has the lowest vaccine uptake in the country, with just 1,395 of the 6,928 over-25s living in the postcode receiving their first jab - 20 per cent of the age group.
- Ready to travel… without actually travelling? (Picture: Getty/Metro.co.uk)As red lists continue and delays to freedom arrive, we’re losing hope for a summer holiday abroad.
But don’t despair. You have options beyond yet another weekend camping in the rain.
Britain is, if nothing else, one of the most ancient magical places in the world, and this opens the doors to the spiritual pastime of psychic questing.
Never heard of it? Read on, because it might be about to become your ne
- Dozens were hospitalised and seven killed in the southern region of Andalucia last year in the worst outbreak in the country’s history (Picture: Getty)A patient has tested positive for both Covid-19 and the potentially deadly West Nile Virus. The case was detected this week in a young man who was admitted to the Virgen del Rocio Hospital in Seville, Spain. The man first tested positive for coronavirus before showing symptoms compatible with meningitis, similar to those suffering
- The guest complained of the food they received at the Ramada Hotel in Hounslow, west London and has asked for a refund following their 10 day quarantine stay
- Poppy Cooks has over 1.5 million followers on TikTok and went viral after posting an informative video that shows social media users how to cut the perfect diced onion with ease
- A large ornithopod footprint, some of the last dinosaurs on UK soil, found close to the white cliffs of Dover. (Credits: PA)Scientists have discovered footprints of the last of the dinosaurs to have walked on UK soil 110 million years ago close to the white cliffs of Dover.The prints were discovered in the cliffs and the foreshore of Folkestone, Kent, after stormy conditions exposed new fossils in the area.They are believed to have been left behind by ankylosaurs, rugged-looking armoured dinosau
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!