- Nations from the developing world claimed they should receive compensation from Western countries for damage such as the recent floods in Pakistan (pictured).
- Benzema suffered the blow in training on Saturday (Picture: Getty)France have confirmed Karim Benzema is ruled out of the World Cup in a huge blow for the defending champions.On Saturday, the 34-year-old joined his teammates for the first time in training since the squad linked up at their base in Doha having struggled with injury this season.Benzema was forced to withdraw from the session after feeling pain in his thigh during a sprint, however, quickly undergoing scans to determine the extent
I’m A Celebrity stars Owen Warner and Seann Walsh praised for ‘refreshing’ talk about men’s mental health: ‘We need more of this’Owen said he’d recommend therapy to all of his friends (Picture: ITV1)Owen Warner and Seann Walsh have received high praise for their frank chat about men’s mental health on I’m A Celebrity…. Get Me Out Of Here!, with the pair commended for helping to ‘normalise’ the conversation.On Saturday night’s episode of the ITV1 programme, the Hollyoaks actor and the comedian were having a wash after a particularly grimy challenge when the subject of mental healt
- A pile of rubbish can be seen piling up in the fan village (Picture: Shekharbhatia)What does £170 get you in Qatar for the World Cup? A pile of rubbish and rubble by a shipping container, apparently.
On the eve of FIFA’s showpiece tournament, a large official fan village expected to house 60,000 football fans still resembles a building site.
The Rawdat Al Jahhaniya accommodation base, with the Ahmad bin Ali stadium dominating the view, is reportedly littered with industrial mach
- The Metropolitan Police has handed a file to the Crown Prosecution Service after allegations linked to one of the King’s charitable organisations emerged (Picture: AP)Prosecutors are weighing up whether to bring charges over an investigation into one of the King’s charities. The Prince’s Foundation has been under scrutiny after allegations about a cash for honours deal surfaced.Metropolitan Police detectives launched a probe in February after it was claimed the then-heir t
- Rafe Spall has reportedly split from his wife of 12 years and struck up a romance with his on-screen spouse Esther Smith.
I’m A Celebrity’s Sue Cleaver still not convinced Matt Hancock is ‘genuine’ as campmates question his authenticitySue isn’t sold on Hancock (Picture: ITV/Shutterstock)I’m A Celebrity’s Sue Cleaver and other campmates are still not sold on Matt Hancock and his ‘motives’ for entering the jungle.The Coronation Street actor, as well as campmates including Babatunde Aléshé, Chris Moyles and Jill Scott, had an intense conversation about the politician as he lay sleeping close by.The West Suffolk MP’s appearance on the ITV juggernaut series has been strongly condem
- Ronaldo’s time at United looks to be up (Picture: Getty)Chelsea are now prepared to make a move for Cristiano Ronaldo if Manchester United terminate the striker’s contract.United released a statement on Friday explaining they have ‘initiated appropriate steps’ following the 37-year-old’s explosive interview with Piers Morgan where he took aim at the club and manager Erik ten Hag.United are now exploring the option of terminating Ronaldo’s contract with reports
- Police have been called after a teacher was dragged into an Islamophobia row after citing 9/11 while rebuking pupils for clashing with gay Muslim campaigner, Khakan Qureshi (pictured).
- Rash stood up to the patient, who reacted by attacking him (Pictures: BBC)Tonight’s Casualty started with a shocking incident in which a car ploughed into a group of people trying to help a man who was ill outside a church where Paige (Shalisha James-Davis)’s choir was singing.It was a situation with echoes of what happened outside the Finsbury Park mosque in 2017, and this only became clearer when all the casualties had been taken to hospital. Rash (Neet Mohan) was at first relieved
- SARAH VINE: Honestly, has there ever been a more shambolic World Cup than this one? I'm not just talking about the belated beer ban, or the technical failures in Qatar's ID system.
- The nations involved are largely from Asia, Africa, Latin America, the Caribbean and the south pacific, who see the matter as payback for a crisis that they did not contribute to.
- He claims Epstein, who lured hundreds of vulnerable young girls into his sex trafficking ring over a 30-year period, would befriend rich and powerful men, then blackmail them into paying him money.
- Brexiteer Tory MPs last night reacted with fury to the reports and said it could amount to a 'betrayal' of the freedoms they say were won following the referendum result in 2016.
- A principal dancer at the New York City Ballet has revealed that she was 'strongly encouraged' not to perform at the renowned troupe's fall gala this year because of her 'appearance.'
- Supporters were greeted by blazing temperatures of 34C (93F) in the capital city Doha, which is hosting the first World Cup in a Middle Eastern country.
- A police officer was hospitalised with a number of fractures after being run over while deploying a stinger to stop a stolen Ford Fiesta in Birmingham on Friday night
- WORLD EXCLUSIVE: John Bryan is the financial adviser at the heart of the 1992 'toe-sucking' scandal, and he has just two words to say about The Crown's version: 'Total fabrication.'
Prince Andrew held secret crisis talks with Fergie's toe-sucking ex-lover after disastrous interviewWORLD EXCLUSIVE: US businessman John Bryan - the man at the heart of Sarah Ferguson's 1992 scandal - gave the Duke 'honest advice' as his life fell apart.
PICTURE EXCLUSIVE: When His Royal Hunkiness Prince Charles was just one of the crew on HMS Jupiter..As our exclusive pictures show, the then 25-year-old future king played volleyball and took the strain in a tug-of-war contest as the HMS Jupiter steamed across the Pacific.
- PETER HITCHENS: The coming years of heavy taxes, along with the inflation and rising mortgage rates we face, are not caused by some unstoppable force of nature.
- Nearly 60 years after this stupid mistake, our education establishment still has not admitted it was wrong, and persists with it writes PETER HITCHENS.
- A complaint over 'cultural insensitivity' that could be caused by Chinese laundrette workers Chop Chop and Wishy-Washy in Aladdin has caused a production of the panto in Ansty, Dorset to be axed.
- Jamie Fiore Higgins (pictured) rose to the level of managing director in Goldman's New York offices after 17 years but quit in 2016.
- The plot may help to mollify the Royal Family and its supporters, after Netflix caused outrage for featuring storylines that deviate from the truth.
- King Charles is said to be displeased that Princess Anne and Prince Edward, along with other members of the Royal Family, were seen together at a shooting party in Windsor last weekend.
- Rochelle Gibbons, whose husband Ian took a fatal overdose after challenging Holmes, pictured, about the overblown claims made for her technology, said the sentence made her feel 'complete relief'.
The craziest trigger warning yet... London play about Hollywood's Groucho Marx 'contains prop cigar'The Arcola Theatre in Dalston, East London, is sending the warning to anyone who buys tickets for Dinner With Groucho (pictured), which imagines a meeting between the Marx brother and TS Eliot.
- Potholes was an issue faced by Sir Rod Stewart (pictured), who lives in Essex. After waiting months for the council to fix potholes, he picked up a shovel and repaired the road with friends.
- The King's former aide Michael Fawcett got a £60,000 pay-off when he was forced to step down from The Prince's Foundation over a cash for honours scandal, charity's latest accounts reveal.
- ISABEL OAKESHOTT: As frontline services disintegrate, the standard of care, including for those suffering life-or-death cardiac arrests and strokes, is fast becoming a national disgrace.
- Mary Broddle, 45, from Nottingham lost more than a litre of blood when she gave birth to her son Leo, pictured. She went onto develop severe anaemia which caused major problems.
- Figures in Rishi Sunak's Government are reportedly contemplating a closer relationship with the EU to avoid trade barriers that are damaging business relationships between firms in the UK and the bloc
- MPs are charging their car (file photo of electric car) batteries at the Palace of Westminster on the public purse - even as Ministers consider whether to hike petrol duties, The Mail on Sunday can reveal.
- Research into thousands of Britons born in a single week in 1970 reveals that men's 'over-confidence' is a big factor too.
- In a bizarre outburst on the eve of the World Cup, Fifa president Gianni Infantino (pictured) lashed out at Qatar's critics, labelling attacks over gay rights and migrant worker deaths 'profoundly unjust'.
- Victoria walks away (Picture: ITV)David’s (Matthew Wolfenden) hairbrained scheme to protect his driver’s licence over his romance will have dire consequences for his future with Victoria (Isabel Hodgins) in Emmerdale. His fraudulent actions may leave her with no choice but to walk away from him for good.The reality of his stupidity in secretly naming Victoria as the driver who was speeding rather than himself comes in the form of a letter, which makes his heart leap into his mouth wh
- Marlon’s recovery journey reaches a new milestone (Picture: ITV)When Marlon Dingle (Mark Charnock) suffered a life-changing stroke in Emmerdale, one thing in particular that quite simply broke his heart into pieces was accepting the fact working in the Woolpack kitchen wouldn’t be able to happen for a very long time.Working as a chef is in Marlon’s blood. He’s been in the industry for what feels like forever so to have that taken away from him thanks to a health scare tha
- Janine sinks to another new low – who knew it was possible?(Pictures: BBC)Janine Butcher (Charlie Brooks) sinks to yet another new low in EastEnders next week when she berates dying Lola Pearce’s (Danielle Harold) parenting skills in front of Lexi (Isabella Brown).
Lola, as viewers know, is terminally ill with a brain tumour and is struggling to come to terms with her prognosis.
Next week, Ben Mitchell (Max Bowden) encourages her to tell Lexi the truth, a sentiment which is echoed by
- Stu wants everything to be perfect (Picture: ITV)As Yasmeen Nazir (Shelley King) goes about her day to day life in Coronation Street, her family and friends know she remains fragile when it comes to relationships.This is, of course, down to her past with Geoff (Ian Bartholomew).The abusive and controlling relationship Yasmeen was in saw her comply to Geoff’s rules all of the time, regularly and extensively cleaning the house and making sure she didn’t miss one of the small red crosse
- A viral video posted on TikTok shows an elderly woman pelting mud at her neighbour's driveway in Bankstown, in Sydney's west, after her electricity line was severed by tradesmen.
- England defender Eric Dier has admitted players are being put into very 'difficult' situations after he was questioned about issues surrounding Qatar's hosting of the World Cup.
- Firebugs left the nursery blackened and destroyed (Picture: Media Scotland)Glasgow nursery staff has been left ‘heartbroken’ after cruel vandals set fire to an outdoor play area used by babies.The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) sped to the nursery in Hamiltonhill, north Glasgow, after the alarm was raised at around 9pm Wednesday.But it was too late.
By then, the flames had torn through two sturdy sheds full of toys and specialist equipment and a cosy hut for babies at the Ha
- Activists from Animal Rebellion occupied Gordon Ramsay's restaurant in Chelsea, London, and held up menus outlining the environmental costs of items served on the restaurant's menu
- Most Wetherspoon pubs across the country will play the World Cup but it will be up to each manager as to whether the matches will be screened with sound or subtitles only
- Owen joked about the bird poo incident (Picture: ITV/Shutterstock)I’m A Celebrity’s Owen Warner is struggling to get over witnessing Matt Hancock use bird poo like it was moisturiser.The Hollyoaks actor couldn’t hide his disgust when the politician happily wiped away the droppings on his chair with his bare hands after Scarlette Douglas pointed out the mess on Friday.Viewers pointed out the irony of Hancock’s lax attitude to hygiene in the jungle as he was the health secr
Angry Strictly fans call out Craig Revel Horwood for ‘unnecessary’ dig at Tyler West: ‘Uncalled for’‘No need for Craig’s dig at Tyler,’ one disgruntled fan said (Picture: BBC)Craig Revel Horwood has been called out by Strictly Come Dancing fans for a shady comment he made about Tyler West while giving Will Mellor critique, with one saying the remark was ‘too personal’ for their liking.On tonight’s episode of the BBC programme, the celebrities and their professional dance partners made their way to the famous Blackpool Tower Ballroom for a very special week.T
Brazilian wonderkid Endrick compared to Cristiano Ronaldo and told he ‘can play for Chelsea and Manchester United’Endrick has scored three times since making his debut last month (Picture: Getty)Brazilian sensation Endrick has the talent and drive to match Cristiano Ronaldo, according to Palmeiras academy director Joao Paulo Sampaio.The 16-year-old forward is one of the most sought-after youngsters in world football with Chelsea, Manchester City, Manchester United, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Paris Saint-Germain among those hoping to secure his services.The youngster is not eligible to leave Brazil until he
- The Wheel contestant Melfred has broken the record for winning most amount of money ever on Michael McIntyre’s show (Picture: BBC)Michael McIntyre’s The Wheel seems to have success written in the stars after a contestant broke the record for the most amount of money ever won on the show.Just two weeks ago Helen from Edinburgh did the unthinkable when she took home £82,000 pounds for answering a single question after risking all the money that had been built up by the other two
Strictly Come Dancing’s Fleur East and Vito Coppola awarded first perfect score of 40 after flooring judges in BlackpoolFleur and Vito stole the show(Credits: PA)Fleur East and Vito Coppola secured the first perfect 40 of Strictly Come Dancing after delivering an energetic routine for their couple’s choice dance.Dressed in matching silver sequined outfits, the singer and radio DJ brought out her inner Destiny’s Child as they danced to a megamix by the pop group on Saturday’s episode.The X Factor contestant described it as a full-circle moment as she said she grew up listening to the R’n&rs
24 Nov 202223 Nov 202222 Nov 202221 Nov 202220 Nov 202218 Nov 202217 Nov 202216 Nov 202215 Nov 202214 Nov 2022
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!