- Donna Binns, 40, has warned the virus is still "very real" as she described how she felt like she was going to die while in hospital with the Delta variant of coronavirus
- via theguardian.comBoris Johnson says government is in talks with composer, who is ‘surprised’ to hear of the proposed pilotCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageAndrew Lloyd Webber’s latest production could be exempt from the delay in lockdown easing, Boris Johnson hinted in his Downing Street briefing announcing the four-week postponement of the relaxation of all rules.Last week, Lord Lloyd-Webber said he was determined to open his theatres on 21 June regardless of w
- Lionel Messi scores a sensational free-kick to put Argentina into the lead in their opening Copa America match against Chile.
- Boris Johnson has announced that all adults will be offered jabs by July 19 after extending lockdown restrictions for four weeks due to rising Covid cases and hospitalisations
- According to the ZOE Covid Symptom Study, if you are under the age of 40 the most common symptoms have changed and are now a sore throat, headache and a runny nose
- The Senate majority leader appeared on a podcast on Sunday to discuss housing in New York - the state he represents. He told about a prior effort to find homes for 'retarded' children.
- Two Great British Photography Challenge hopefuls are named victors by Rankin and his fellow judges.
- Spanish youngster Pedri received a wealth of praise from BBC pundits following his exciting performance against Sweden in the Euros.
- Jessica Oseguera sentenced last Friday to 30 months in prison for violating the 'Kingpin Act' by doing business with companies that had been signaled as 'narcotics traffickers.'
- Most remaining curbs on social contact will continue - but the cap on wedding guests will be lifted.
- JULIE BURCHILL: When an amusing discussion about the likely first words of the new baby ensued (baby Archie having blessed us with 'Drive safe!' and 'Hydrate!') I suggested 'Free Palestine!'
EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Paul Weller is to become a grandfather for the first time as daughter is pregnantRICHARD EDEN: He's the 'Modgrandfather'! The Jam frontman Paul Weller, who's known as the Modfather, is preparing for a new role. I can reveal that his daughter, Leah, 29, is pregnant.
- Casandra Kendrick, 22,died helping save two young children and their father from the Guadalupe River in Texas on Sunday. The 30-year-old man was still missing as of Monday evening.
- Authorities in Bahia, Brazil launched a search for a woman plowed her vehicle into a group of bar customers who were out celebrating Valentine's Day on Saturday, causing its roof to partly collapse.
- The purchase of the two units at 220 Central Park South on Manhattan's Billionaire's Row was made through a limited liability company which allows the buyer to remain anonymous.
- Prime Minister has vowed two-thirds of adults will be fully vaccinated by July 19 in an effort to ensure that the country can lift all restrictions by his new 'freedom day'.
- Boris Johnson has warned ‘thousands could die’ if he pressed ahead with the June 21 dateThe UK has recorded three Covid deaths and 7,742 new cases as England’s June 21 ‘Freedom Day’ is delayed by four weeks.More than 41.6 million people – 79.2% of adults – now have their first vaccine dose after 147,228 were given out over the last 24 hours.A total of 29.9 million – 56.9% of adults – are fully vaccinated, with 181,121 second jabs administered
- The dad of tragic Oliver King who died from an undiagnosed heart condition, says seeing Christian Eriksen collapse on the pitch saw 'the things I felt that day...brought back to me in a wave'
- Spain endure a frustrating opening game in Euro 2020 as they fail to make their near total dominance pay against a rigid and stubborn Sweden in Seville.
- An explosion at Rockton Chemtool in Illinois caused at least one injury and forced hundreds to evacuate (Pictures: EPA/Getty Images)An explosion at a chemical plant in Illinois on Monday morning sent fire and a massive amount of smoke into the air and forced hundreds of people to evacuate. At least one person was injured, a firefighter battling the blaze about an hour northwest of Chicago.The explosion at Rockton Chemtool in the village of Rockton occurred around 7am local time. Neighbors said t
- Six areas will receive additional support to tackle a rise in infections (Picture: Getty)Six more areas in Birmingham and the North West will be given extra support to tackle a rise in cases of the Delta coronavirus variant.The package of additional measures will consist of surge testing, tracing, isolation support and maximising vaccine uptake.It comes after cases of the strain, first identified in India, were detected in Birmingham, Blackpool, Cheshire East, Cheshire West and Chester, Liverpoo
Louis Walsh claims Britney Spears ‘was on so much medication’ during The X Factor: ‘I felt sorry for her’Louis Walsh claims Britney struggled through The X Factor US (Picture: Film Magic)Louis Walsh has said Britney Spears was ‘on so much medication’ while taking part in The X Factor US that she was unable to sit up straight in her chair.The pair briefly worked together on The X Factor US in 2012 when they appeared on the judging panel.The music manager claimed filming at to be stopped on numerous occasions as Britney was helped off set.Speaking to Irish Independent, the TV star said: &
- Ben Roberts-Smith is due to take the witness stand for a third day at his high-profile defamation lawsuit against media outlets over claims that he committed war crimes in Afghanistan.
- During an interview at al-Roj prison camp in Syria, Shamima Begum, 21, insisted she did not need to be rehabilitated and would 'love' to help rehabilitate others.
- Royal Marines recruit Connor Clark has been found dead on a railway track near Lympstone amid claims of bullying at a training camp.
- Bryn Roberts, head of Law and Governance at North Tyneside Council, allegedly removed the Union Jacks after deeming them 'not appropriate' in a message to Councillor Sean Brockbank.
- President Biden said Monday that former President Trump's 'phony populism' has 'fractured' the Republican Party and criticized GOP lawmakers unwilling to take a stand against the ex-president.
- Roy is worried about Nina, as she continues to drink in the wake of Seb’s death (Picture: ITV)Coronation Street legend Roy Cropper (David Neilson) is gravely concerned for Nina Lucas (Mollie Gallagher), as she continues to seek solace in the booze amid her heartbreak.
Nina has been struggling to cope in the wake of boyfriend Seb Franklin’s (Harry Visinoni) death.Friday’s edition (June 11) of the ITV soap saw the young woman steal a bottle of alcohol from Dev Alahan’s (Jim
- A federal judge agreed not to order the release of the second part of a DOJ memo arguing that there was not enough evidence to prosecute then President Donald for obstruction of justice.
- Officers from Exmouth Police were called to Orcombe Point following complaints of anti-social behaviour by youngsters and the rowdy mob were sent on their way
- The woman is pronounced dead at the scene near Durdle Door in Dorset.
- Tiffany Spears, 32, and her 15-month-old son, Nicholas Crowder, were found dead inside the home in Portland, Tennessee in February.
- The always-outspoken Joy Behar surprisingly came to disgraced CNN analyst Jeffrey Toobin's defense after he was caught masturbating during a work Zoom call, instead taking aim at CNN.
‘I don’t think he plays again’ – Rio Ferdinand offers advice to Christian Eriksen after cardiac arrestThe pundit says he was really affected by Saturday’s distressing scenes (Pictures: Getty)Rio Ferdinand says he was rocked by Christian Eriksen’s cardiac arrest in Denmark’s Euro 2020 opener against Finland and has suggested the midfielder will not play again.The 29-year-old collapsed towards the end of the first half of Saturday’s match in Copenhagen and had to be resuscitated by a defibrillator before being taken to hospital.Denmark have confirmed he is now in a stable c
- One nightclub owner has been closed since March last year and now has to cancel a full diary of events planned over the next few weeks.
- Thousands of commuters are facing a traffic nightmare attempting to drive into Sydney following the Queen's birthday long weekend.
- Perhaps we should rename the Delta Covid variant the Johnson variant after Boris Johnson fatally ignored expert advice when he dawdled on imposing tough travel restrictions for India
- Andrew Barnett had a cardiac arrest while playing football in front of his son in 2018.
- Fort Bragg paratroopers Spc. Joshua Diamond, 35, and Pfc. Matthew Disney, 20, were found dead in their barracks room on Friday in a suspected illegal drugs overdose.
- The Bra Boys member will appear in court in Tuesday over the alleged brutal assault at a Kingsford service station in Sydney's south-east which left a 74-year-old dementia patient badly injured.
- There is fury among businesses as 300,000 jobs are at risk and the Government is facing calls to extend support for firms - but Rishi Sunak is refusing to keep the full furlough scheme
- Christiane Amanpour shared news of her cancer battle during her CNN International show on Monday, saying she has undergone surgery and was receiving chemotherapy.
- Hackers hijacking computer systems and demanding cash to release them has featured in a string of high-profile cyber attacks in recent years, including the 2017 web assault on the NHS.
- England's entertainment industry appeals for government support to cope with the "devastating" delay.
- John Bishop’s dog Bilko has died at 15-years-old (Picture: Instagram)John Bishop has announced the death of his beloved dog Bilko at 15-years-old.The comedian shared the news in a heartbroken message on Instagram, posting a picture of himself cuddling Bilko an English bull terrier, close to his chest in the sunshine.He wrote in the caption: ‘God I loved him…’John also shared a video of his dog running through a field on his Instagram Stories saying: ‘Where I imagin
Joe Biden laughs when asked if he still thinks Vladimir Putin is a killer and says it doesn’t matterPresident Joe Biden speaks during a press conference after the NATO summit at the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) headquarters in Brussels, on Monday (Picture: AFP)President Joe Biden laughed when asked by a reporter if he still thinks Russian President Vladimir Putin is a killer and said ‘I don’t think it matters’ for their meeting later this week.
Biden spoke after meeting with North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) leaders on Monday, two days before his summit w
- Caption: House of Commons speaker
Provider: Sky NewsCommons Speaker Sir Lindsay Hoyle has delivered another telling off for the Government over its ‘entirely unacceptable’ decision to announce a delay in lifting lockdown restrictions to the media before ministers.Earlier today Sir Lindsay accused Downing Street of ‘running roughshod’ over MPs by not informing them first of changes to the Covid-19 roadmap.Following Boris Johnson’s press conference confirming a four-w
- "Prime Minister, you are on my watch", the Commons Speaker said after No10 broke the rules to announce the delay on TV instead of to the Commons
- Professor Chris Whitty pointed out where there is a surge of cases, but noted that cases are rising across the whole country as he explained the government's decision to push back 'freedom day'
- EXCLUSIVE: A fresh probe is launched into the gangland murders of Terry Gooderham and Maxine Arnold in 1989 after a Mirror probe found corrupt detectives may have shielded the killers
19 Jun 202118 Jun 202117 Jun 202116 Jun 202115 Jun 202113 Jun 202112 Jun 202111 Jun 202110 Jun 202109 Jun 2021
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!