- Gary Dwain St Aubyn Campbell, 59, admitted that he lashed out at his family members because of ‘pent up rage’ over how his parents raised him (Picture: Seminole County Sheriff’s Office)A man who allegedly had ‘pent up rage’ over how he was raised used a samurai sword to attack his mother, father and sister. Gary Dwain St Aubyn Campbell, 59, confessed that the reason he lashed out at his family members when he was arrested.The crime unfolded on Wednesday when a man c
- A saucy prankster has got a 'God-fearing Christian village" of Cornholme, in West Yorkshire, up in arms after planting saucy books and porn literature in its community box
- Sir Tom's new release Surrounded By Time sailed straight in at number one on the Official Albums Chart.
- The government is reportedly poised to announce this week that non-essential travel will be allowed again in just over two weeks - but very few countries will be classed as 'green' under the traffic light system
- Rev Paula Vennells did her part-time role as an associate minister in St Albans with her job as head of the Post Office, where she presided over the biggest miscarriage of justice in British history.
- PLATELL'S PEOPLE: Whichever spin doctor came up with the idea that Keir Starmer should appear on the campaign trail in John Lewis should be pasted against wall and papered over permanently.
- Lupita Nyong’o has spoken out following Chadwick Boseman’s death (Picture: REX)Lupita Nyong’o says Black Panther 2 will honour Chadwick Boseman after he died in August last year following a battle with cancer.Chadwick has been handed a number of posthumous awards this year for his performance in Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom after he suffered with colon cancer in private for four years.And Lupita, 38, admits it will be a struggle to go to work on Black Panther 2 without Chadwi
The Circle US star Chloe Veitch recalls breaking down in unaired scenes: ‘There were tears and tantrums’The Circle US star Chloe Veitch opened up about tough times on the show (Picture: Netflix / Channel 4)The Circle US star Chloe Veitch has opened up about breaking down in unaired scenes, as things became too much.The star has been one of the most popular contestants on season two of the US series and managed to get herself into the upcoming final, which drops on Netflix next week.However, chatting to Metro.co.uk about taking part in the competition, she confessed that there had been ‘tears
- The Duchess of Sussex hosted a roundtable discussion with teenage girls (Picture: PA)Meghan Markle has hosted a virtual roundtable discussion with a group of teenage girls to encourage them to make their voices heard.
The Duchess of Sussex spoke with the young activists – primarily girls of colour – who are part of the US non-profit organisation Girls Inc.It was intended to give the 13 to 18-year-olds a platform to ‘help define a path forward and continue making an impact&rsquo
- via bbc.co.ukOver a quarter of 2021's music festivals have been scrapped but organisers say others are under threat.
- A new oral history recounts President Barack Obama's decision to authorize the raid on the bin Laden family compound in Pakistan.
Dimitar Berbatov’s Premier League predictions including Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United vs LiverpoolDimitar Berbatov has made his predictions for this weekend’s Premier League action (Picture: Metro.co.uk)Dimitar Berbatov has delivered his predictions for this weekend’s Premier League action, including Manchester United’s much-anticipated clash with Liverpool.Elsewhere, in-form Chelsea will look to consolidate their top-four bid against relegation-battlers Fulham and Arsenal travel to Newcastle United.As ever, Betfair Ambassador Dimitar Berbatov previews the action
- Gloucestershire County Council carried out an inspection and decided this road was absolutely fine (Picture: SWNS/BPM)Angry locals have called Gloucestershire County Council a ‘joke’ after officials insisted a cul-de-sac road riddled with potholes had ‘no defects’.Pictures show residents of Kent Close in Churchdown posing on the damaged road following the council’s ‘terrible’ decision.They fear the road is ‘a major tri
- Bank boss Jes Staley, chief executive of Barclays, tips Britain to enjoy ‘spectacular’ growth as firms bounce back with the virus in retreat and UK households having saved up an estimated £200billion in the lockdowns
- Howard Zlotkin went on the vulgar rant on Zoom on Wednesday, then followed it up with more cursing at students on Thursday before he was suspended.
- Loveland police department announced that three police officers involved in the violent arrest of a 73-year-old Colorado woman with dementia are no longer employed.
- David Hall Dixon, 40, killed two men who he believed were breaking into cars at Takoma Overlook Condominiums on New Hampshire Avenue.
- Foreign affairs spokesman Alyn Smith suggested Scots could be asked to choose what currency they wanted in a separate referendum after leaving the UK and would join the euro.
- The four-day social media boycott by the world of football is born out of frustration and anger as socia media firms fail to act - playing profits over decency, they have allowed their platforms to become vessels of bile and cruelty
- Cuomo said on Friday that NYC bars and restaurants can expand indoor capacity to 75 percent, up from 50 percent, on May 7. The new limit also applies to hair salons and barber shops.
- ROBERT HARDMAN: If the Tories win this former Labour citadel, then Boris Johnson will have defied the laws of political gravity.
- JOHN HUMPHRYS: The problem is that Boris Johnson is playing us for fools. That's more than just an affront to our intelligence. It's an affront to democracy.
- A '24 karat Golden Nintendo Wii' that is said to have been made for the Queen is being sold for £214,000 on eBay by gamer Donny Fillerup
- Pete Sandiford’s underpants are in a sorry state (Picture: Channel 4)Gogglebox viewers were on the verge of starting a crowdfunding campaign to get Pete Sandiford some new pants after seeing the state of his boxer shorts on the show. Pete was seen showing his sister Sophie the sorry state of his underwear on Friday’s episode of the show, and it’s safe to say they were best kept hidden. Sophie was heard screaming: ‘Why?! Why have they got so many holes in?!&rsquo
- Mason Mount has been Chelsea’s talisman this season, says Paul Merson (Getty)Paul Merson believes Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount is the Premier League’s most-improved player this season.The 22-year-old has been in excellent form for Chelsea this season with eight goals and seven assists in 47 appearances.After impressing on loan at Derby County, Frank Lampard handed Mount his first-team breakthrough at Chelsea last season and the midfielder has shown plenty of improvement since Thoma
- Thirty-seven Republicans led by Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell demanded that the U.S. Department of Education not teach the 1619 Project because it puts a 'divisive agenda' over accuracy.
- RICHARD EDEN: Netflix was accused of trolling the Royal Family after a 'sinister' post on its official social media account prompted a wave of online hate for Prince Charles and Camilla.
- ALISON BOSHOFF: Noel Clarke's reputation and once glittering career lay in tatters following a string of allegations from 20 women concerning a campaign of sexual harassment and bullying.
- The Duchess of Sussex, 39, may "have been wrong in her interpretation of royal protocol" during the explosive Oprah Winfrey interview, according to her biographer Omid Scobie
- PAUL THOMAS on nightclubs re-opening: 'Keep an eye on the party of undertakers- they aren't used to groups of more than thirty'.
- In an exclusive extract from Cecil Beaton's authorised biographer Hugo Vickers's private diaries and letters, he touches upon Diana's racy dress and a series of other gossipy indiscretions.
- Jodie Turner-Smith is hoping to change perceptions of Black women in the military (Picture: Getty)Jodie Turner-Smith hopes to be part of a ‘fictional normalising’ of Black women in senior roles in the military with her new film.The Queen & Slim star, 34, plays a Navy Seal team member in Tom Clancy’s Without Remorse, starring opposite Black Panther actor Michael B Jordan.The movie is an adaptation of Tom Clancy’s 1993 novel, directed by Stefano Sollima, the filmmaker b
- Homemaking, at its core, is about reclaiming ownership of a space. And Carrie Symonds is sure as hell putting her stamp on the Downing Street love nest.
- Hostile states and criminal gangs could have accessed Boris Johnson's mobile number after it was left posted online for years, a former national security adviser warned yesterday.
- The Survation poll - commissioned by the Mail ahead of local and mayoral elections next week - shows that the Tories' lead over Labour has fallen from six points in a week.
- JAY BLADES: They say the simplest ideas are the best. But as I listened to a bunch of creative, clever people from a production company enthusing about a concept they called The Repair Shop, I did wonder.
- Each life lost to coronavirus is a tragedy. And today the Daily Mail launches a campaign to help create a memorial to honour all of them at St Paul's Cathedral.
- The more we examined the contents of this first chamber, the more convinced we became that it was the tomb of King Tut-ankh Amen.
- EXCLUSIVE: British troops are conducting their biggest operation since Afghanistan and the Daily Mirror's defence and security editor Chris Hughes and photographer Andy Stenning were among the first journalists to join the patrols deep inside jihadist 'bandit country', reporting from Tessit, Mali, west Africa
Emmerdale spoilers: Karen Blick reveals devastating repercussions for Lydia Dingle after shock arrestLydia will face some devastating repercussions and some ‘unpleasant encounters’ (Picture: ITV)Emmerdale’s Lydia Dingle (Karen Blick) really can’t seem to catch a break!The stalwart of the ITV soap has faced quite a number of challenges over the years, and lately, her troubles have centred on money.
Viewers will know that the matriarch recently found herself a victim of manipulative Paul Ashdale (Reece Dinsdale), who took out a credit card in her name.This betrayal, unders
- Will they wed? (Picture: BBC)EastEnders favourite Callum Highway (Tony Clay) is not letting love of his life Ben Mitchell (Max Bowden) go without a fight.Callum has been unable to shake the feeling that his fiancé had something to do with Kush Kazemi’s (Davood Ghadami) death, and next week, he speaks to Whitney Dean (Shona McGarty) – who does little to ease his suspicions.
Ben, meanwhile, has a trick up his sleeve to surprise his groom-to-be, and thus he sets in motion a secre
- Stephanie Lak, a Roxbury, Massachusetts-based nanny allegedly admitted to sending and receiving over 100 files of child sexual abuse material and discussing child abuse with others online.
- Mohanad Elshieky sued the federal government after border agents arrested and detained him at a bus station in Spokane, Washington, back in 2019.
- Secretary of State Antony Blinken will visit Ukraine next week in a show of 'unwavering' support after Russian troops amassed on its border, the State Department said Friday.
- Denise Welch was on a plane with her son Matt Healy when she had those thoughts (Picture: Rex)Denise Welch has opened up about her struggles with post-natal depression after the birth of her son, Matt Healy. The Loose Women star, 62, has battled clinical depression since having her first child and revealed that at its worst, she wished a plane they were both on would crash to end her pain. Speaking on the Zombiemum podcast, Denise recalled the time she got on a plane with Matthew to vi
- Brilliant, strong women, like Julia James and Sarah Everard, had and still should have a right to feel safe and respected, says the Mirror's Fiona Phillips
- Royal expert Phil Dampier said discussions between the trio following Prince Philip's funeral were a start, but there is a long way to go before they end their feud
- Police in Houston were investigating a suspected kidnapping when they executed a search warrant and found 91 men and women inside a two-story home on Chessington Drive.
- President Joe Biden did not rule out ordering all members of the military to get the COVID vaccine after data showed that 40% of Marines refused to get a shot.
- Almost 6,000 people have signed the petition for Dr Lawrence Foley to resign from his role as principal of the Harris Academy in Tottenham.
05 May 202104 May 202103 May 202102 May 202101 May 202129 Apr 202128 Apr 202127 Apr 202126 Apr 202125 Apr 2021
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!