- 110,000 new coronavirus cases and 90,000 people hospitalized ThursdayCDC predicts deaths could rise by 300,000 in next monthAmerica’s coronavirus surge showed no sign of abating over the Thanksgiving holiday, as cases in the country surpassed 13 million on Friday. Related: How Trump is destroying the presidential transition processContinue reading...
- Tesco, Sainsbury's, Primark and Marks and Spencer have made announcements about Christmas opening hours already, with Lidl and Asda expected to follow suit in the coming weeks
- Jordan’s co-stars suggested he work on his aim (Picture: Rex)Jordan North might be the trial king of I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here!, but his fellow contestants weren’t afraid to admit he could use a little work on aiming his pee.Shane Richie woke up with a wobbly belly and headed straight for the loo as Jordan suggested it could use a good clean.Victoria Derbyshire then remarked it wasn’t the seat that needed cleaning, it was urine on the floor, leading Vernon
- The retail tycoon's Arcadia group is on the brink of collapse putting 15,000 jobs at its brands including Topshop and Miss Selfridge at risk - so 'tis not the season for glee over his downfall
- BEL MOONEY was preparing to head out following lockdown to do her Christmas shopping only to learn that her rural home between Bristol and Bath has been placed in Tier 3.
- The Warwickshire town's low rates are still falling yet it has found itself lumped in with the rest of the county. But towns in nearby Oxfordshire and Worcestershire, with higher rates, are in Tier 2.
- PLATELL'S PEOPLE: Abdalraouf Abdallah is imprisoned here for helping his brother and two other jihadists to travel to Syria and fight for Isis - and he is suspected of grooming Salman Abedi.
- Gok Wan is planning to lend his national treasure status to a huge online dance music party on New Year’s Eve (Picture: Getty/Rex)Gok Wan is planning what could be could be the country’s biggest New Year’s Eve rave after a ‘mind-blowing’ response to his online DJ sets.The party animal has already had 1.2million people tune in to one of his ‘Isolation Nation’ parties which he live-streams on Facebook.Gok said that uniting house music fans has lifted him d
- Kathryn Nicoll from Whitburn, West Lothian in Scotland went blind after an op was postponed - now her daughter's raising money to try and correct her sight before Christmas
- The document by the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies adds that 'messaging should be supportive of women adapting traditions'
- The president-elect has yet to appoint the person who will head up the Agriculture Department, which oversees various important agencies.
- The Apprentice host, 73, sported a Tottenham Hotspur football shirt during the game in Sydney.
- Liverpool have reportedly made a move for Ajax defender Perr Schuurs (Getty)Liverpool have submitted a €30 million (£27m) offer to sign Ajax centre-back Perr Schuurs, according to reports.The Premier League champions are depleted at the heart of their defence following the long-term injuries to Virgil van Dijk and Joe Gomez.Reports have claimed that Jurgen Klopp is keen to strengthen in that department and Liverpool are said to have made an approach for Schalke’s Ozan Kabak.But
- Dozens of attendees packed into a funeral home to pay their respects to Nancy Sue Kaddatz, who had died just three days prior
- • Mourinho’s league leaders face Chelsea on Sunday• Lampard will come up against his former managerFor José Mourinho, the equation is simple. You manage at a big-spending club and there is pressure to win trophies. More than that, it is an obligation. The Tottenham manager has felt it himself previously, including at Chelsea, where he delivered three Premier League titles in his two spells in charge. As he said a few years ago, having left the club under a cloud the second
- Communities facing the toughest restrictions are set to miss out on millions of pounds in support cash for business ahead of Christmas, according to Labour
- Liverpool John Moores law graduate Eve Hammond, 21, has struggled to land a job in the tough jobs market as the economy is ravaged by the coronavirus pandemic
- The stocky brock ‘misjudged the width of his backside’.A badger had to be freed by the RSPCA after getting its bum wedged in a garden fence.
The stocky brock got tried to force its way between two panels but got stuck in someone’s garden in Ashford, Kent.A concerned housecaller called the RSPCA for help and the charity managed to save the creature.Fortunately the animal didn’t appear to be injured during its ordeal on November 12.
RSPCA Chief Inspector Mark Miles said: &l
- A dreadful game sparked into life at the very end, as Callum Wilson and Joelinton smash-and-grabbed all three points for Newcastle 10.20pm GMTRelated: Callum Wilson and Joelinton strike late to give Newcastle win at Crystal Palace10.20pm GMT Our man Ed Aarons was at Selhurst Park tonight. Wrapped up warm, hopefully. His verdict has landed, so you know what to do: clickity click! Thanks for reading this MBM. Nighty night. Related: Callum Wilson and Joelinton strike late to give Newcastle win at C
- Wigan 4-8 St HelensLast-gasp Welsby try sees St Helens retain Super League titleSport possesses the most magnificent ability to transport us away from all of our worries and problems like nothing else and never have we been more thankful for that than this year. But not even the most creative of script-writers could have pieced this ending together to a Super League season which didn’t even look like it would finish at one stage.This was, to put it bluntly, rugby league’s Agüero
- The city of Bundaberg was on Saturday identified as the target of the attack.
- Christopher Snowden claims the Government has laid waste to Britain on the basis of 'dubious projections'. He lays out in detail the true cost of lockdown and whether it was even worth it.
- Australians have been warned to check on vulnerable friends and family this weekend as parts of the country swelter through temperatures as high as 50C.
- It warns that the plans are based on a 'highly uncertain estimate' of how visitors will react to the changes, and predicts it will make the UK 'less attractive for affected tourists'.
- Hollie Arnold has become the first star eliminated from I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here (Picture: ITV)Hollie Arnold has become the first person to be eliminated from I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!The Paralympian, 26, got the fewest public votes, and was booted off the show, by hosts Ant and Dec.She lasted 14 days on the ITV show.Hollie was walked out of the castle by her campmates, including Beverley Callard, Shane Richie and AJ Pritchard.I’m A Celebrity
- Boris Johnson is said to be considering keeping England's strict three-tier coronavirus lockdown in place until Easter Monday to relieve winter pressures on the NHS
- Sir Philip Green, photographed earlier this week on his £100m superyacht in Monaco, discovered his Arcadia Group is teetering on the brink of collapse risking 13,000 jobs.
- The president retweeted and wrote a total of 14 tweets on Thursday, including several after he grew visibly angry with a Reuters reporter during a press conference at the White House.
- Matiyas Bekuretsion vanished while swimming with three friends in rough conditions at Scarborough Beach in Perth about 8pm on Monday.
- The Greenoaks house contains a piece of history in its lavish garden - an ancient oak tree planted by Capability Brown. It is close to London but situated in Moor Park, Hertfordshire.
- Hamza Zaman sexually assaulted a solicitor at the Old Trafford Metro-link stop and also targeted schoolboys for their bikes or mobile phones during a year long crime spree
- The proportion of women being handed Penalty Notices for Disorder for the offence has almost doubled since 2013 - from 25 per cent to 47 per cent in 2019.
Forestry minister Lord Goldsmith urges Mail readers to plant for posterity before National Tree WeekFollowing the success of last year's Be A Tree Angel campaign, forestry minister Lord Goldsmith is calling on readers to mark the start of National Tree Week.
- A source told Fox News discussions between the President-elect's team and Blocker began just days after the presidential election.
- A Daily Mail investigation has revealed how UK councils are harvesting millions of personal details about residents via a system called Covid OneView - criticised for its lack of transparency.
- This week, the Mail tracked down former royal protection officer Peter Cross, now 72, and spoke exclusively to his former partner, Gillian Nicholls, who was privy to many of his secrets.
- When I was three or perhaps four years old, I realised that I had been born into the wrong body and should really be a girl. It is the earliest memory of my life.
- UK Government scientists warned that any relaxation of restrictions over the festive period could result in a 'large rise' in transmission rates which could see prevalence of the virus 'easily double'.
- EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Self-isolating since the start of this crisis, the Queen will have been eagerly looking forward to being reunited with her family at Christmas.
As the first dance documentary from Shonda Rhimes’ Shondaland, it was only right that the focus would be on her long-time friend and collaborator Debbie Allen.The trailblazing Hollywood star is well-known for her iconic work on screen, on stage, and behind the camera. From starring in Fame and choreographing the Oscars, to playing Catherine Fox in Grey’s Anatomy and directing
- Under a 'virtual lockdown' revealed on Thursday, 99 per cent of the population was put in the top two tiers, which ban household gatherings and cripple the hospitality trade.
- JAMES MIDDLETON: As a soft grey dawn breaks over Loch Affric in the Scottish Highlands, my fiancee Alizee and I stand at the water's edge in bathrobes, sipping our morning tea.
- NHS hospitals hospitals could receive the first deliveries of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine between December 7 and December 9, and given to NHS staff the following week, a report has said.
- Merseyside psychic Claire Stone has taken a High Court case accusing fellow psychic Alexandra Wenman of infringing on her business by using the name Archangel Alchemy.
- Wales will be ‘different beast’, says returning fly-halfEngland need bonus point to reach Autumn Nations Cup finalEngland are braced for a Wales backlash as they hunt a place in the Autumn Nations Cup final, with the returning fly-half George Ford warning their opponents will be a “different beast” because of the rivalry between the two nations.Ford and co need only a bonus point in Llanelli to book their place in next Sunday’s final at Twickenham and are favourites
- (Picture: BBC)Katy Lewis (Simone Lahbib) has been working hard on gaslighting child abuse victim Mick Carter (Danny Dyer) in EastEnders into believing that memories he has of their relationship when he was 12.Mick is deeply confused as he recalls his trauma but Katy insists that he has confused real life with fantasy. But when he insists on visiting the care home where he stayed when under Katy’s care, she is deeply worried as memories start to stir.Mick and Katy visit the care home where
- The former leader will attempt to establish that staff from Sir Keir's office attended private meetings where an agreement was discussed.
Game of Thrones’ Emilia Clarke sent Laura Adlington supportive message over her Great British Bake Off stint, and our minds are blown.Laura made it to the final round of the Channel 4 competition, and was narrowly beaten by winner Peter Sawkins.Despite not being crowned champion, she may have won in another way – after revealing Emilia slid into her DMs to compliment her baki
- Oliver Luke, 18, strangled the women and forced them into sex acts both in private and at public areas such as a St Austell cemetery and the grounds of Camborne Conservative Club in Cornwall.
- Heathrow will go on strike next week (Getty)Heathrow workers will strike next Tuesday, the airport has confirmed. Members of the Unite trade union will proceed with industrial action, protesting job cuts as well as re-hiring on reduced pay.The strike, which was announced by Unite on November 16, will involve firefighters, engineers, campus security, baggage operations, operational and airside workers, and will effectively close the airport.But it is not expected to affect passenger journeys
02 Dec 202001 Dec 202030 Nov 202029 Nov 202028 Nov 202026 Nov 202025 Nov 202024 Nov 202023 Nov 202022 Nov 2020
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!