- Loriea Campbell-Clarey was first out (Picture: Channel 4)Bake Off star Loriea Campbell-Clarey says she didn’t mind the humiliation of being the first baker sent packing from the tent last night as it meant she got to attend her gran’s funeral.The 27-year-old diagnostic radiographer failed to rise as the eleventh series of the baking show returned to Channel 4 last night with new host Matt Lucas.She failed to impress judges Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith after they challenged her and 1
- Queensland Police claimed the 25-year-old man opened fire in the Aldi at Booval in Ipswich at about 4.30pm on Tuesday before shoppers took him down.
- Despite being used as a model for nationwide lockdown restrictions including pub curfews, Bolton's coronavirus infection rates have spiked over 200 per 100,000 people again
- The incident in Wythenshawe was ‘particularly violent’, police said (Picture: Google Maps)Police have launched a murder investigation after a ‘particularly violent’ incident in Greater Manchester tonight.Greater Manchester Police (GMP) says it was alerted to reports of a man being stabbed at around 5.10pm, by the ambulance service in Wythenshawe.Emergency services attended the incident Royal Oak Road and the man was taken to hospital, but he was pronounced dead a short ti
- The Boris Johnson on TV last night was stripped of the authority he exuded at the start of this health and economic crisis
- Several airlines are scrambling to offer more flights as border restrictions between New South Wales and South Australia are set to be eased.
- Around 20 people are stuck inside a pub after armed police locked down the surrounding area.A worker at the The Lair in Hull said customers spotted officers outside, went to take a closer look and were told to ‘get in’ and stay away from the windows.
He says police have called him, giving the same instructions, and he has closed main shutters and blinds as a precautionary measure.
More to follow.
- The tourist hotspot is aiming to "rise from the ashes" with a completely new-look which also includes hiring private security staff and banning pub crawls and free bars
- Henderson kept Luton at bay (Picture: Getty)Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was satisfied with Dean Henderson’s debut in a Manchester United shirt, as they secured a solid 3-0 win over Luton Town in the Carabao Cup.
It wasn’t the most fluid display from Solskjaer’s side but Juan Mata opened the scoring from the spot after Brandon Williams was felled in the Luton penalty area just before half-time.
Both side had opportunities in the second half but Marcus Rashford scored three minutes befo
- A $5 million reward was announced Monday by the U.S. Department of Justice, seeking the arrest of Wilver Villegas Palomino, an alleged ranking leader of National Liberation Army.
Supernova trailer gives first glimpse at Colin Firth and Stanley Tucci as gay couple in heartbreaking love storyColin Firth and Stanley Tucci left us emotional in the heartfelt trailer for their new film Supernova.The drama follows Tusker (Tucci) and Sam (Firth) as they travel across country in an old RV visiting old friends and places from their past after Tusker receives an early-onset dementia diagnosis.Supernova is directed by Harry Macqueen and is the intimate love story we’ve been waiting for.
Tusker and Sam have been partners for 20 years and their relationship is tested as they delve deeper
- EXCLUSIVE: Former Defence Minister Kevan Jones raised concerns about the legislation which has its Second Reading in the Commons on Wednesday
- A huge police presence was called to the Lair pub, Hull, this evening with armed officers telling people in the pub to stay away from the windows
- Police were called to the streets near the Lair pub, Hull, this evening with armed officers telling people in the pub to stay away from the windows after reports of 'gunshots'
- Ron Howard figured out his wife and daughter had coronavirus thanks to Tom Hanks (Picture: AFP via Getty Images)Ron Howard revealed he figure out his wife and kids had coronavirus when Tom Hanks diagnosed their symptoms.The 66-year-old director appeared on The One Show tonight to promote his new documentary Rebuilding Paradise when the conversation turned to his family.When asked by host Alex Jones how they found out they had the virus, he explained: ‘My wife Cheryl had it and so did my da
- Millions of homes and businesses are set to gain access to ultra-fast broadband speeds of up to one gigabit per second in an upgrade to the National Broadband Network.
- Clackamas County Sheriff's Office made 21 arrests for theft and trespassing over the past two weeks in evacuation zones ravaged by wildfires between September 8 and 21.
- Queues at the border, shortages are also possible according to a new report - as Dover's Brexit chief warned ministers they're running out of time to fund border infrastructure
- Clinton reportedly ate with close friends, including Epstein's alleged madam. Maxwellwas linked to Epstein's crimes in 2011 by Virginia Roberts, one of Epstein's prime accusers.
- Thousands of Australians who lose their jobs before Christmas could be forced to wait months for income support.
- Boris Johnson yesterday scrapped plans to get more employees back in to their workplace in Britain to help revive the economy and instead told them that they should work from home if they could.
- A person looking for their cat was shocked to discover a large mountain lion watching children ride their bikes from a yard in Pacifica, California, on Sept 19.
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story.
- In court papers, Jenny Afia said the authors of Finding Freedom had relied on creative licence to produce their best-selling account of Meghan and Harry's lives.
Great British Bake Off contestants make Sir David Attenborough and Louis Theroux out of cake and viewers can’t copeLouis Theroux and Sir David Attenborough in cake form (Picture: Channel 4)Ever wondered what Sir David Attenborough and Louis Theroux would look like in cake form? Well, thanks to Great British Bake Off, you no longer have to imagine.Two contestants decided to create the television legends out of sponge for the very first showstopper challenge of the brand new series, which kicked off tonight.Judges Paul Hollywood and Prue Leith tasked the bakers to make a 3D cake bust of their personal celebrit
- (Picture: ITV)Mandy Dingle (Lisa Riley) seemingly reignites the relationship between she and Paul Ashdale (Reece Dinsdale) in Emmerdale, but a huge secret threatens to ruin their happiness.
Mandy overhears Tracy Metcalfe (Amy Walsh) discussing her pregnancy, and it brings back some upsetting memories for her.
Vinny (Bradley Johnson) later walks in on her crying, and he does his best to comfort her.
As they discuss the past, Mandy makes Vinny promise her that he’ll never tell Paul about the
- (Picture: ITV)Fans were deeply upset to see Sarah Platt (Tina O’Brien) and Adam Barlow (Sam Robertson) call time on their marriage in Coronation Street – if only because it meant that Gary Windass (Mikey North) had successfully split them. With Gary having saved her life, Sarah’s refusal to shop Gary to the police over the murder of Rick Neelan frustrated Adam no end and he finally gave in, believing her to have picked Gary over him. Since then, Sarah has been pining
- Caption: Power Book II: Ghost Renewed for Season 2 at Starz
Credit: Getty50 Cent is feeling pretty proud of himself after Power Book II: Ghost was renewed for a second season on Starz.The rapper turned TV mogul took to Instagram to celebrate the news with fans after the announcement of Season two went public.
Fiddy – real name Curtis Jackson – posted on Instagram: ‘”When I had the idea to create the “Power” Universe I knew there were going to be many levels to
- Alun and Elaine Rees unwittingly cut out the internet to their entire Welsh village of Aberhosan every single morning for 18 months due to their ageing £30 TV set
- Andrew Roussos said ‘enough is enough’ at the public inquiry into the attack (Picture: BBC/PA/Getty)The father of the youngest Manchester Arena bombing victim has said lessons ‘should have been already been learnt and in place’ after 7/7 and 9/11.Andrew Roussos told the public inquiry into the attack the life of his eight-year-old daughter Saffie-Rose was ‘not a practice exercise’ for security and emergency services.He spoke out after family and friends delive
- EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler has threatened to relocate the agency's Manhattan office, claiming federal workers are not safe in the city following a summer of violent protests.
- Social media users took the opportunity to mock UK's Prime Minister Boris Johnson with posts including a 'winter (in lockdown) is coming' jibe.
- Adam Russell was told he is lucky to be alive after armed police responded to his arrivalA knifeman who told a neighbour he was planning a ‘massacre’ before sparking panic at Gatwick Airport has been spared jail. Adam Russell, 32, turned up brandishing two huge kitchen knives having told the neighbour he was ‘going to kill them all’. Airport staff feared a terror attack and pressed a panic button, as armed police arrived within two minutes to Taser and arrest him.Rus
- Speaking from Downing Street, Mr Johnson threatened to impose a second national lockdown unless the British people obey his draconian new coronavirus restrictions.
- Bob the 38-year-old reptile has undergone tests at the University of Florida's College of Veterinary Medicine after experiencing pain in his rear leg caused by a bone infection.
- Prime Minister Boris Johnson has announced a raft of new measures to tackle a second wave of coronavirus including a curfew for pubs, restaurants and late night takeaways
- The house in Fall River that once belonged to the suspected killer was recently listed for sale with Century 21.
- Vegan animal rights activist Arkadiusz Swiebodzinski was one of two men charged after they allegedly trespassed onto a piggery near Toowoomba in southern Queensland.
Great British Bake Off’s extraordinary triumph: How Channel 4 finally found its recipe for success in Matt Lucas and Noel FieldingGreat British Bake Off is back to its best (Picture: Channel 4)*Warning: This article contains spoilers from the first episode of Great British Bake Off series 11.
‘Once we all walk into the tent, I think it will feel like something very familiar.’ Paul Hollywood summed it up perfectly opening tonight’s series 11 premiere: Great British Bake Off faced a challenge it never faced before – returning with the same comfort and warmth we’ve become accustomed to despite wo
- Someone had to go (Picture: Channel 4)The Great British Bake Off kissed goodbye to its first contestant of the 2020 series after tonight’s drama-filled episode.Loriea Campbell-Clarey was sent packing from the tent after being challenged to make a classic Battenberg and a pineapple upside down cake.The 27-year-old diagnostic radiographer failed to rise as the 11th series of the baking show returned to Channel 4 with new host Matt Lucas.After co-host Noel Fielding sent her home, Loriea revea
- Keir Starmer has made it quite clear that Labour is under new management while highlighting the party's traditional values of family, security and patriotism - and reframing the arguments
- Chris Hughes was examined live on This Morning (Picture: Rex/BBC)Chris Hughes’ brother Ben has admitted the Love Island star’s testicular examination on This Morning ‘saved his life’.The TV star encouraged men to check their testicles on the morning show by undergoing a live examination in 2018.After seeing his brother on the show, Ben discovered a lump which doctors later found to be cancerous.
Thankfully, he was able to have the testicle removed and is now cancer-free.O
- Jeffrey Epstein's former housekeeper Juan Alessi claims that Ghislaine Maxwell opened up to him when he asked her why she was so close to the pedophile.
- Joe Biden on Tuesday made repeated references to the nation crossing the 200,000 death toll from COVID-19, as President Trump took fire for the virus 'affects virtually nobody.'
- EXCLUSIVE: Body language expert Judi James analysed Prime Minister Boris Johnson's performance as he addressed the nation on TV on fresh coronavirus lockdown restrictions
- Sandi has been with her partner for nearly two decades (Picture: Getty)The Great British Bake Off is returning tonight – but there’ll be an ingredient missing from the new series.Sandi Toksvig quit the series in January this year, saying she wanted to focus her attention on other projects.She said of her decision: ‘When stepping down from a job it is quite common for people to say they are doing so in order to spend more time with their family. Unusually I am departing fr
- (Picture: BBC)Bad Girls legend Simone Lahbib has joined the cast of EastEnders as part of a huge storyline for the Carters which will kick off in coming weeks.
Best known as Larkhall governor Helen Stewart, the actress is already filming her scenes and will have a profound effect on Mick (Danny Dyer) and the clan.Simone Lahbib began filming scenes this summer which will start on screen next month. Bosses are keeping her character under wraps for now but she will have links to Mick Carter.
Great British Bake Off kicked off with a toe-curling kitchen nightmare as the brand new series began tonight.In unbelievably tense scenes, contestant Sura went to swat a fly when she accidentally whacked four of Dave’s pineapple upside down cakes on the floor just as they went to place their bakes on the table for the judges.Just when everyone thought that Iain Watters throwing his
- The tortured PM warned the nation had reached a 'perilous turning point' in its battle with the virus after infection rates soared
- Revellers descended onto the streets of Birmingham to enjoy one last night out tonight before the Government's new 10pm curfew on pubs, bars and restaurants came into force.
27 Sep 202026 Sep 202025 Sep 202024 Sep 202023 Sep 202021 Sep 202020 Sep 202019 Sep 202018 Sep 202017 Sep 2020
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!