- Kevin Clarke was taken to Lewisham hospital following the incident but later died (Picture: PA)A senior officer has admitted to a ‘failure of oversight’ after a mentally ill black man died in custody after being restrained by police.PC Steven Speakman said there was a lack of communication between himself and other officers for a large part of the incident in which Kevin Clarke was handcuffed and then escorted to an ambulance by police.Mr Clarke, 35, was taken to Lewisham hospital fo
- Michael Hogan has a GoFundMe page set up in his honour (Picture: Getty Images)Michael Hogan had a GoFundMe set up in his honour following his brain bleed.The 71-year-old was left with a life-changing injury in February this year when he fell and hit his head during a Battlestar Galactica convention.He was hospitalised with significant brain damage and was left paralysed on his left side.His neighbour has set up the donation page on behalf of his wife Susan Hogan with a goal of $150,000 (£1
- The Nikola founder, left, stepped down Sunday amid reports the Justice Department will probe the company. Milton, 39, has an estimated net worth $3.2 billion and bought his home, right, last year.
- Picture: Getty, @chrissyteigenLuna insists on washing Chrissy Teigen’s hair and it’s the cutest thing everChrissy Teigen’s daughter Luna transformed into a professional hair stylist as she insists on washing her mum’s hair.The four-year-old – who she shares with hubby John Legend – ‘refuses’ to let Chrissy do her own hair and even gets a bath prepared for her everyday.
Sharing a snap of herself in the bathtub while Luna got to work washing, the 34-
- Sam Suriakumar, 34, from London, suffered a seizure brought on by a a brain tumour but was saved thanks to the quick-thinking of his five-year-old daughter Avaana
- Rose West resembled a ‘demon’ when she learnt the fate of her pet budgie (Picture: PA)Rose West is said to have ‘foamed at the mouth in anger’ as her pet budgie was torched alive in her prison cell.The serial killer, who is now an inmate at HM Prison New Hall in West Yorkshire, was supposedly targeted by an arsonist during her stint behind bars in Durham and had her belongings burnt.Former inmate Linda Calvey told Sir Trevor McDonald what went down in his ITV documentary
- The heartbroken family of Courtney Ellis, from Haydock, St Helens, who tragically died on Saturday night have paid tribute to the schoolgirl saying she was 'so lovable'
- Edouard Mendy is set to sign for Chelsea (Picture: Getty)Chelsea hope to announce a deal for Rennes goalkeeper Edouard Mendy in the next 48 hours after agreeing a £27.96m fee for the Senegal international.The Blues have been locked in negotiations with the Ligue 1 club for over a fortnight and the French outfit have fought hard to ascertain a bigger upfront fee from Chelsea.The Blues have finally agreed to pay a fee of around £22.5m to Rennes, with an extra £5.46m arriving in a
- via bbc.co.ukThe Labour leader says he wants the party to be "proud of being patriotic", but the issue has a complex history.
- Groups of young people have been pictured hanging out in large groups at England's beaches and parks after the government made gatherings of more than six people illegal
- People were driven into the facility in Folkestone this evening (Picture: PA/Getty)People have begun arriving at a military barracks in Kent which has been repurposed to house arrivals from across the Channel.The Napier Barracks facility in Folkestone, will house up to 400 people in a new migrant camp in, with the first group seen arriving on Monday night.They are believed to be migrants who may have crossed the Channel aboard small boats. Some were seen in a taxi as they arrived at the makeshif
- The US Marshals said Friday that its Operation Safety Net, carried out in Northeast Ohio, has recovered 35 of the 40 missing children they have been searching for in a month.
- There is widespread confusion about how the coronavirus lockdown rules apply to individuals and families leaving people believing the restrictions are contradictory
- The PM will drop his 'back to work' drive, announce restrictions on socialising and impose a 10pm curfew on bars and restaurants across England from Thursday.
- The ponies died at the monarch's Balmoral estate in Scotland, where they were part of a programme designed to preserve the historic breed.
- Top deputy Andrew Weissmann claims that Robert Mueller found enough evidence that Donald Trump obstructed justice in his investigation but did not release his findings.
- Darlene Isberg, 51, has been arrested and charged with kidnapping and accessory to first-degree assault after allegedly attempting to abduct a man in Colorado on Sunday.
- The Prime Ministerfaces Tory revolt
over 'dictator' tactics over his 'authoritarian' plans for a new Covid clampdown.
- Joe Biden blamed President Donald Trump's 'lies and incompetence' for the death toll in the coronavirus pandemic, not mincing words as the U.S. death toll approached 200,000.
- HENRY DEEDES: A graph of coloured squiggles showed how the current infection rate was set to double every seven days. By mid-October, we were on course for 50,000 new cases a day
- Boris Johnson's speech is expected to announce further restrictions. The PM will make a televised address on Tuesday after speaking in the House of Commons
- In his first conference speech as leader of the party, Mr Starmer is expected to try to restore faith in Labour’s patriotism with a pledge to make Britain the 'best place to grow up in and the best place to grow old in'
- Here's what you need to know about the new coronavirus measures for pubs and restaurants , including closing times, why there will be no propping up the bar and what could happen next
- The Prime Minister will address the nation on Tuesday night as the UK's coronavirus alert level was escalated due to spiralling cases
- via bbc.co.ukAmid a pandemic and economic crisis, minority communities turn to traditional saving methods to help.
- West Midlands Police are investigated after punters 'barred' from the George V pub in Sheldon, Birmingham, targeted the boozer by smashing windows and threatening the landlady
- EXCLUSIVE Christian Brueckner was arrested in Portugal in 2017 on suspicion of exposing himself to children in a playground 40 minutes from Praia da Luz, where Maddie went missing
- EXCLUSIVE: The misery of our 'Franken-chickens' has been exposed in an undercover investigation by Open Cages - as birds reared by supermarket firms end their days deformed and in pain
- 'This Senate will vote on this nomination this year,' Senate Majority Mitch McConnell said Monday during a Senate floor speech after speaking about the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
- At a federal court hearing in Chicago on Monday, a judge granted a request from the 21-year-old celebrity cheerleader's lawyer to keep him in custody for now.
- From next week, payments for full-time staff are being cut from $1,500 to $1,200 per fortnight, while people who worked less than 20 hours a week before the pandemic will receive $750.
Sir David Attenborough thinks his generation ‘muffed’ chance to save natural world: ‘The world belongs to young people’Sir David Attenborough’s latest documentary looks at the change he’s seen in the world (Picture: Danny Martindale/WireImage)Sir David Attenborough has shared his belief his generation ‘muffed’ its chance on the natural world, saying ‘the world belongs to young people’.As millennials protest around the world in the fight against climate change, and to preserve the natural world, at-risk habitats and species close to extinction, Sir David has praised the efforts
- Donald Trump said Monday that he will wait to announce his nomination to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg until Friday or Saturday - after funeral services have concluded for the late justice.
- Kate Ferdinand opens up about her pregnancy (Picture: Getty, @xkateferdinand)Kate Ferdinand opened up about the realities of pregnancy in an honest Instagram post.
The 29-year-old is pregnant with her and husband Rio Ferdinand’s first child and revealed she’s been ‘hugely struggling’ with lower back and groin pains.
She shared a mirror selfie where she was wearing black leggings and a tank top and said she only ever feels comfortable in them rather than dresses and jeans.
- A study has linked eating fermented vegetables such as cabbage preserve sauerkraut with lowering severe coronavirus risk by boosting the immune system
- Raniere is awaiting sentencing on charges including sex trafficking of children, conspiracy, and conspiracy to commit forced labor.
- We'll be bringing you the very latest updates, pictures and video on this breaking news story
- Emergency services rushed to the scene in Chepstow, Wales, at around 6.30pm after a home went up in flames following a large explosion that scattered debris across the street
- Trying a horrible experiment…Which will the Twitter algorithm pick: Mitch McConnell or Barack Obama? pic.twitter.com/bR1GRyCkia— Tony âAbolish (Pol)ICEâ Arcieri ð¦ (@bascule) September 19, 2020Twitter is investigating claims its photo preview algorithm could be racially biased.Tests by a number of people suggest the platform may treat white faces as the focal point more frequently than black faces when selecting what part of
- Ruth Bader's Ginsburg final wish was revealed in reporting by NPR's Nina Totenberg, likely the best known Supreme Court reporter in the U.S., who had been friends with Ginsburg for five decades.
- Sofia Laine was interviewed for Univision's 'El Gorda y La Flaca' airing on Monday and cried as she said California resident Vanessa Bryant ordered her to leave.
- The Mayor of London wants a shake up on opening hours for pubs, mask wearing for hospitality staff as well restrictions on numbers at weddings in order to curb the spread of Covid-19
- 'Streiff', the anonymous managing editor of RedState, who wrote multiple posts attacking Anthony Fauci, has been outed by the Daily Beast as a member of Fauci's press team.
- Manchester United have had a disastrous start to the season (Picture: Getty)Jamie Carragher believes Manchester United’s lack of pace in defence and solidity in midfield is a ‘real problem’ for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer.Crystal Palace exposed United’s shortcomings with an emphatic 3-1 win at Old Trafford on Saturday.
United were lacking match fitness given their short pre-season but Palace exploited the hosts’ slow backline, with Wilfried Zaha tormenting Harry Maguire an
- Bristol Airport was disrupted as a 1.5km exclusion zone was put into force on the ground and in the air after a coastal walker came across the World War Two explosives
- EXCLUSIVE: Silver Voices director Dennis Reed will have a video call with corporation chief Tim Davie in three weeks
- (Picture: BBC/Metro.co.uk)Stacey (Lacey Turner) made an explosive return in EastEnders tonight (September 21), but her return also brought with it a change to the closing credits.
The character has been credited as Stacey Fowler since tying the knot with Martin (James Bye) back in 2019.
However, tonight’s episode — Stacey’s first since October 28, 2019 — marks something of a new era for the icon, as she’s now credited as Stacey Slater.
Just got goosebumps, not going
- Two of the government's top scientists held a press conference on Monday where they issued a grim warning as the number of coronavirus infections surge in the UK
Coronation Street spoilers: Kimberly Hart-Simpson reveals Nicky Wheatley is ‘shattered’ by Daniel Osbourne’s betrayal(Picture: ITV)Nicky Wheatley (Kimberly Hart-Simpson) was horrified to hear Daniel Osbourne (Rob Mallard) making derogatory comments about her in Coronation Street tonight (September 21).
Nicky bumped into Daniel, and they decided to have lunch together at his flat. As they discussed their hopes and dreams, the chemistry was aplenty.
Unable to resist, the pair ultimately slept together, and Nicky was incredibly hopeful at the prospect of them having a future.
Speaking to Metro.co.uk about Nicky&r
- (Picture: ITV)Abi Franklin (Sally Carman) made a huge mistake in Coronation Street tonight (September 21) as she made a pass at Peter Barlow (Chris Gascoyne), but will Kevin Webster (Michael Le Vell) find out?Viewers will know that — in Friday’s hour-long episode (September 18) — Abi told Kevin about her struggles with addiction.
In spite of her fears, Kevin was incredibly supportive, but as the night progressed, and she opened up about how Seb (Harry Visinoni) once caught the
26 Sep 202025 Sep 202024 Sep 202023 Sep 202022 Sep 202020 Sep 202019 Sep 202018 Sep 202017 Sep 202016 Sep 2020
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!