- The Prime Minister is showing himself to be untrustworthy, unprincipled and chronically incapable of telling the truth - he is even haemorrhaging credibility with many of his own supporters
- The Gravel Pits, Northwood and Duck Pond Park, Ruislip (Picture: Google)A knifeman who is preying on women walking alone in parks is being urgently hunted by police. The suspect pounced on two women on separate occasions in Hillingdon over the weekend, sexually assaulting one and trying to pull the other into a ditch.He first struck at 2.45pm on Saturday when he grabbed a woman in her 20s and dragged her into a secluded area in The Gravel Pits, Northwood.He sexually assaulted her, saying he
- According to shocked witnesses, the man ran naked into a shop in Grimsby screaming for help and saying he had been held at the property against his will after being taken there from Cleethorpes
- The lockdown will begin on Friday (Picture:EPA/Getty)Israel is to go into a national lockdown for the second time amid a surge in coronavirus cases.Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made the announcement in a televised speech today.Beginning on Friday, the eve of the Jewish New Year, schools, restaurants, shopping centres and hotels among other businesses will shut down and restrictions on movement will be imposed.‘Our goal is to stop the increase (in cases) and lower morbidity,’ Mr
- Willy plonker: Mark Ruffalo and Chris’s fans reacted to the surprise snapChris Evans’s legion of fans certainly perked up when the Captain America star accidentally leaked his own willy pic.They were left Marvelling at Chris’s secret weapon when he reportedly shared an innocent video on his Insta Story, showing his family playing the game Heads Up.But when the video finished it flashed up thumbnails which included an X-rated snap, seemingly from the 39-year-old screen hunk&rsqu
- Live updates from today’s match at Arthur Ashe StadiumTweet Bryan at @BryanAGraham or email him 10.40pm BST Second set: Zverev 6-2, 6-4 ThiemZverev opens with his sixth double fault of the afternoon. Could the nerves be creeping in? He rattles off two quick points before spraying a backhand wide for 30-all. A big chance for Thiem here. But Zverev slams the door shut, pounding a forehand winner for set point then following with a forehand early in the rally that Thiem can’t get back o
Neymar sent off for hitting opponent as five see red in final minute of Paris Saint-Germain’s defeat to MarseilleNeymar was sent off for hitting an opponent (Picture: Getty)Paris Saint-Germain’s nightmare start to the season continued as star player Neymar was sent off in the final minute of their 1-0 defeat to Marseille.The Brazilian was one of five players to see red as a melee in the final sixty seconds of the game in Paris descended into chaos between the two sides.
PSG midfielder Leandro Paredes was sent off for hitting out at Darío Benedetto, which sparked a scuffle between the two teams
- The couple say the rental home adjoining a car park in Washington, Tyne and Wear, has 'severe dampness', a leaking roof, and its windows have been condemned
- More than 307,000 cases in 24 hours to Sunday; Israel imposes second national lockdown; Cases hit daily record in Czech Republic; Austria ‘experiencing start of second wave’74 people at an anti-lockdown protest in MelbourneOxford University resumes Covid-19 vaccine trialsTrump ally who tried to change Covid reports was ‘fighting deep state’Australian diplomats sent to Heathrow to help stranded citizens 10.11pm BST The British government’s plan to push people back in
- The Singapore Grip viewers were left divided by the first episode (Picture ITV/REX)The Singapore Grip viewers were left divided by the first episode with many saying they ‘struggled to get into it’.The Singapore Grip adapts the Fall of Singapore in 1942 when the Empire of Japan invaded British-occupied territory during the Second World War.Adapted from the JG Farrell novel of the same name, the six-part ITV drama starts in the thick of battle, as outlier Matthew Webb (Luke Treadaway)
Sir David Attenborough’s extinction documentary begs government to take action in wake of coronavirusSir David Attenborough’s extinction documentary begs government to take action (Picture: BBC/Sam Barker)Sir David Attenborough’s extinction documentary begged the government to take action in a bid to defeat climate change in wake of the coronavirus pandemic.
The national treasure’s hour-long show looked at the ever-changing world and its loss of both biodiversity and the ecosystem.
However, as destructive as humanity has been on the planet, the nature expert did leave us with
- Beth Spiby previously worked at M&S and KFC but gave up her job as a cashier after joining OnlyFans, a platform where followers pay for racy photos and videos of herself
- Figures show Denmark's cumulative number of cases over seven days - closely watched by Downing Street - is now at 28.7 infections per 100,000 people.
- Athletes across the US have been protesting against racismFans at Kansas City booed ‘moment of unity’ on ThursdayTeams across the NFL chose to stay in the locker room for both the Star-Spangled Banner and Lift Every Voice and Sing, commonly known as the Black national anthem, during the opening Sunday schedule.Before every game, the league also played a video highlighting the struggles Black people face in America. However Colin Kaepernick, who started the league’s protest move
- EXCLUSIVE: Medics have warned of a second Covid-19 peak within months unless the Prime Minister sorts out his Test and Trace fiasco - it comes as ministers consider telling 4.5 million at high risk to shield at home as cases rise
Lockdown blow to UK health: Hospital admissions for seven major non-Covid illnesses slump by 173,000Shocking figures reveal that admissions for seven deadly non-coronavirus conditions between March and June fell by more than 173,000 on the previous year.
- The raging West Coast wildfires have created dangerous air quality conditions equivalent to smoking 20 packs of cigarettes, according to California Gov Gavin Newsom.
- It was a bittersweet moment for Connie Yates, 34, and Chris Gard, 36, when they brought their newborn son, Oliver, to his brother's grave. Connie said we were telling Ollie how amazing Charlie was.
- Driver of car arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving A 21-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after a lorry driver died following “a serious collision” involving three vehicles on the M5.Gloucestershire police were called to reports of a Ford Fiesta losing control on the M5 northbound carriageway between J9 (Tewkesbury) and J10 (Cheltenham) at 5.20am on Sunday. Continue reading...
- The woman was dragged along Strathmore Avenue in Harehills, Leeds by a silver Vauxhall Astra earlier today and police are now trying to identify her to tell her family
- Dr Hans Kluge, the Europe chief of the World Health Organisation, said it was important for people to get out and have fun and return to workplaces for the sake of the economy and their own mental health.
- Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden spent Sunday at his granddaughter Natalie's confirmation ceremony. She is the 16-year-old daughter of his late son Beau Biden.
- Based on JG Farrell’s 1978 novel, this middling drama is far too frothy to portray the grim realities of the period of history it is set in. And besides – where are all the Singaporeans?ITV’s Sunday-night slot is typically a haven of softly-softly cosiness, so the discussion, debate and criticism surrounding its adaptation of JG Farrell’s 1978 novel The Singapore Grip may have come as a surprise. From the moment the trailer appeared, the drama was mired in controversy. Th
- Home Office officials have been asked to consider a draconian clampdown on asylum rights in a bid to halt the flow of Channel migrants, which has reached record levels in recent weeks.
- EXCLUSIVE: The unnamed man is believed to be a former pal of convicted sex offender Christian Brueckner, and is wanted by police to speak to them as an important witness
- (Picture: ITV)Moira Dingle (Natalie J Robb) is set to find her world turned upside down in Emmerdale thanks to the arrival of her brother Mackenzie in the village.
The newcomer will prove to be a villainous force as he not only exposes some dark secrets from Moira’s past – but he will also be clashing with the Dingle and Tate families as he makes some enemies.
Executive producer Jane Hudson smiled: ‘Moira’s brother is arriving and of course he’s coming with a secret
- Louis Theroux revisited his visit to the adult movie industry hub in California (Picture: BBC)Louis Theroux took another trip down memory lane in tonight’s Life On The Edge, which saw him try to hunt down his nude Polaroid photo before reuniting with a former porn star. The filmmaker revisited his 2012 documentary Twilight of the Porn Stars in which he explored the amateur adult film industry in California. Life On The Edge saw Louis first attempt to find his old research archive
- The key to avoiding degenerative brain diseases like Alzheimer's and dementia is getting plenty of good quality sleep now, claim researchers, who discovered the brain 'washes itself' as we kip
- A woman walks past a closed Costa Coffee in Caerphilly, Wales. Many businesses that support commuters are struggling (Picture: Getty Images Europe)Plans have been unveiled to allow a third of all Welsh workers to continue to work from home long-term, contradicting Boris Johnson’s ‘back to the office’ message. The Welsh Government is encouraging people to carry on doing their jobs remotely, even after the coronavirus crisis ends.
It’s set a target of 30% of the countr
Sir David Attenborough breaks hearts as he says he might not be here to see humanity save the planetSir David Attenborough says he might not be here to see humanity save the planet (Picture: BBC)Sir David Attenborough has left everyone in tears with his documentary on extinction as he said he might not be here to witness humanity save the planet.
The nature expert made a desperate plea for people to change their ways during the hour-long show, as he fears the human race could see dire consequences from global warming and climate change.
And when closing up the episode, he made one final speech
- EXCLUSIVE: Forget the latest anti-ageing diet or sweating it out in the gym, wellness expert Marta Zaraska has discovered the secret to longevity – and it’s easier than you think
- Second ODI: England 231-9 beat Australia 207 by 24 runsAustralia lose four wickets in 21 balls chasing modest targetEoin Morgan hailed the aces in his bowling pack after a thrilling fightback at Old Trafford that saw Australia blow their chance to wrap up the ODI series and instead set up a decider on Wednesday.Set 232 to win after suffocating England on a reused pitch, Australia looked to be motoring home when Aaron Finch (73) and Marnus Labuschagne (48) reached 144 for two in the 31st over wit
- Hayes' father Brian Ryan, 88, died on September 11 last year as a result of a 'catastrophic' stroke after he wasn't given his prescribed medication for eight days.
Trump tells de Blasio people don't want to get mugged' after he wishes New Yorkers a 'beautiful' dayPresident Donald Trump shamed New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio for wishing New Yorkers a 'beautiful' day, inserting 'people don't want to get mugged, beaten or killed.'
- As part of the Daily Mirror's Work Masterclass, our experts reveal how to craft a brilliant CV, and how to prepare for an interview to give yourself the best chance of securing a new role
- Colonel Tom asked doctors ‘not to resuscitate’ him after he almost died from a fall (Picture: ITV)Colonel Tom Moore told Piers Morgan how he asked doctors ‘not to resuscitate’ him after he almost died from a horrific fall.The 100-year-old – who raised more than £32million for the NHS during the pandemic – joined the ITV host for an interview on Life Stories.The war veteran said doctors weren’t sure if he would survive the fall, so he asked them to
- Captain Tom Moore - who raised £32million for NHS Charities Together - opened up to Good Morning Britain host Piers Morgan, 55, for the new series of the ITV chat show tonight.
- EXCLUSIVE: Number-crunchers have worked out that the mega-jackpot isn't technically worth as much in 2020 as when the show first aired in 1998
- EXCLUSIVE: She was devastated when she learnt as a teen that she wouldn't be able to have children but, after undergoing a 10-hour uterus transplant, Jennifer Gobrecht's motherhood dreams came true
- Australia suffered a shocking collapse as England won the second ODI by 24 runs (Picture: Getty)Shane Warne hailed England’s bowlers and captain Eoin Morgan after they produced a brilliant comeback to beat Australia by 24 runs in the second ODI and level the three-match series.The tourists looked well on their way to a series-clinching victory at the Ageas Bowl on Sunday as they moved to 144-2 in pursuit of England’s 231-9.But Australia lost eight wickets for 64 runs – with Jof
Shane Warne and Michael Vaughan hail England and Eoin Morgan after Australia’s shocking collapse in second ODIAustralia suffered a shocking collapse as England won the second ODI by 24 runs (Picture: Getty)Shane Warne and Michael Vaughan hailed England’s bowlers and captain Eoin Morgan after they produced a brilliant comeback to beat Australia by 24 runs in the second ODI and level the three-match series.The tourists looked well on their way to a series-clinching victory at the Ageas Bowl on Sunday as they moved to 144-2 in pursuit of England’s 231-9.But Australia then lost eight wickets for
- 33 people have died since start of outbreak in mid-August‘He’s going to tell us, I’m going to send you rakes instead of helpOpinion: Trump doesn’t care – the west didn’t vote for himThe death toll from wildfires choking the west coast of the US continued to rise on Sunday as authorities feared more bodies were likely to be found in the charred ruins of towns across several states, and politicians lambasted Donald Trump for his response to the escalating crisis
- Noisy parrots are being put up for adoption after lockdown due to squawking. One bird rehoming charity saw a 40 per cent increase in parrots needing a new home this year.
- Newt Gingrich's wife Callista Gingrich, 54, is being mocked on Twitter for her poorly edited photo shared Saturday where she blurred her forehead to appear younger.
- An insider has revealed that Jeffrey Epstein built his massive fortune with help from disgraced British newspaper baron Robert Maxwell - his 'madam' Ghislaine Maxwell's dad.
- Criticism grows of plan to break international law as EU calls for bill to be droppedDowning Street is facing a showdown with Conservative backbench rebels as criticism over its plans to break international law with a new controversial bill that could override parts of the Brexit withdrawal agreement grew louder on Sunday.It is understood that opposition among the party is growing, with dozens of Tory MPs expected to support a key amendment to the internal market bill that would give parliament
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang is yet to sign a new deal at Arsenal (Picture: Getty)Arsenal legend Ian Wright says it’s vital that the club tie Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang down to a new deal because the striker would be the Gunners’ ‘best signing’ this summer.The 31-year-old is believed to have agreed a new three-year deal with the club but it’s yet to be announced, which has left supporters worrying over his future.The Gabon international kicked off his campaign with a go
- With an eighth of the planet’s species at risk of dying out, this documentary offered a stark look at the devastation that humans have wreaked, and are wreaking, on the natural worldIt is hard to absolutely, positively look forward to an hour-long programme about the many varied, catastrophic ways we have ruined the world around us. David Attenborough’s Extinction: The Facts (BBC One) was as upsetting as you might expect. If his earlier Planet Earth series delivered joyous portraits
Colonel Tom Moore brings viewers to tears during Piers Morgan’s Life Stories as he details ‘tough’ times during warColonel Tom Moore brought viewers to tears during Pier Morgan’s Life Stories as he detailed his time during the war (Picture: ITV)Colonel Tom Moore brought viewers to tears during Piers Morgan’s Life Stories as he detailed his time during the war.The 100-year-old – who raised more than £32million for the NHS during the pandemic – joined the ITV host for an interview for an episode of Life Stories.And well, things got rather emotional.When Piers after the hero if he
- Daryl Fowler (left) was taken to hospital but could not be savedTwo people have been charged after a 28-year-old man was stabbed to death in Gateshead.Lee Wall, 43, has been charged with murder and Emma Alexander Brown, 39, is accused of assisting an offender, in connection with the death of Daryl Fowler.Mr Fowler was found unconscious in Chevington, on the Leam Lane estate, at about 8pm on Friday.He was taken to hospital but died later that evening.On Sunday, Mr Fowler’s family said they
18 Sep 202017 Sep 202016 Sep 202015 Sep 202014 Sep 202012 Sep 202011 Sep 202010 Sep 202009 Sep 202008 Sep 2020
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!