- The photo of the Queen at Windsor Castle on the phone to Boris Johnson does not just assuage fears for the health of our 93-year-old monarch, it resolutely declares it is business as usual.
- Dr Jenny Harries, deputy chief medical officer, said the restrictions could remain in force until September, adding that the early signs from the lockdown were promising
- Nine compassionate staff at Bridgedale House home in Sheffield have taken the extraordinary step of isolating themselves with the 23 dementia patients they look after.
- Billie Piper first played Rose on Doctor Who back in 2015 (Pictures: BBC)Billie Piper enjoyed a complete career reinvention when she joined the BBC’s Doctor Who exactly 15 years ago today.And she hasn’t forgotten!
In fact, the actress marked the occasion by paying tribute to her iconic character on social media earlier this evening.The star took to Instagram to reflect on her time on the show, while also saying thanks to Doctor Who writing veteran Russell T Davies.‘In the midst
- By summer, Ischgl is a small town of around 1,600 residents in the Tyrol region of Austria. But when the snow comes, it transforms into what the local tourist board calls 'white winter's dream'.
- Genaro García Luna, who allegedly took millions in bribes from El Chapo's cartel, wants a New York federal court judge to put him under house arrest over fears that he will die if infected with coronavirus.
- The Army is asking retired officers, noncommissioned officers, and junior enlisted soldiers to consider joining the effort to stop the pandemic that has hit the US hard.
- EXCLUSIVE: (WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGES) Despite the coronavirus crisis, there are 'ticking time bomb' fears that ongoing wet market sales will spawn new deadly diseases
Rochelle Humes plays hairdresser as she cuts Marvin’s hair for the first time ever and actually nails itRochelle Humes cut Marvin’s hair via live stream for the first time (Picture: Instagram)Self-isolation from coronavirus can see you agreeing to the most random of things to pass the time and, well, for Marvin Humes, it was allowing wife Rochelle to cut his hair.
Rochelle has been itching to get her hands on Marvin’s head of hair for the whole 10 years they’ve been together, and thanks to lockdown, Marvin is now without his barber, meaning Rochelle can finally step in.
Much to h
- Jessica and Justin have jetted off amid the pandemic (Picture: Getty Images)Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel have escaped to the mountains amid the coronavirus pandemic.It seems they’re self-isolating in style.The SexyBack hitmaker shared an update on Instagram, snapping a dramatic shot of the snowy mountains, and writing: ‘Out here social distancing with the fam and a lot of these 🌲🌲🌲.‘I hope you guys are staying safe and healthy. We need to stick tog
Declan Donnelly and wife Ali Astall take break from self-isolation to get their daily exercise by walking the dogDeclan Donnelly, Ali Astall and Rocky out and about this afternoon (Picture: SplashNews)Declan Donnelly and his wife Ali Astall have been spotted walking their dog Rocky in west London.The pair were evidently taking a break from self-isolation to take the one form of exercise a day permitted by the government amid the coronavirus crisis.Lovely day for it!I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here! presenter Dec married Ali in 2015.Together they share a one-year-old daughter, Isla.Dec and A
- Benefits claimants will not face sanctions for failing to seek work over next three months (Picture: Getty/PA)People on benefits should not have their payments stopped for failing to seek work during the next three months of the coronavirus crisis, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) has said.They will not be expected to contact Jobcentre Plus and will
continue to receive benefits as normal, DWP chief Therese Coffey added.But the minister did not rule out sanctions altogether,
- Viewers had mixed thoughts on ITV2 airing Contagion (Picture: IMDb)ITV2 aired 2011 movie Contagion, that sees a deadly virus sweep across the globe, and while viewers tuned in, it proved to be a difficult watch for them amid the current coronavirus crisis.
Contagion came out nearly a decade ago, starring Gwyneth Paltrow as Beth Emhoff who becomes the first patient to contract the deadly infection.
It boasts a stellar cast including the likes of Matt Damon, Kate Winslet and Jude Law, but its stor
- Boris Johnson has stressed that unless you are a key worker or helping someone vulnerable, the only reasons to go outside are to go shopping for essentials or exercise.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have left Canada for good to set up a permanent home in to California, according to reports.
- The Metropolitan Police is treating the death as 'unexplained' after the force was called to reports of a baby not breathing in Whitechapel, London, earlier today
- The Metropolitan Police is treating the death as unexplained after it was called to reports of a baby not breathing in Selby Street, Whitechapel, London, earlier today
- UK Chancellor Rishi Sunak unveiled a multi-billion-pound coronavirus bailout for millions of self-employed workers tonight - but left hundreds of thousands how they will make ends meet.
- A tax manager, a champion sports car driver and travel worker have explained why they're among the 670,663 people to sign up the NHS volunteer army.
- The Prince of Wales appeared in Clarence House's Instagram story, in which he can be seen on video taking part in Clap for our Carers from Birkhall, a day after testing positive for Covid-19
- The Cheesecake Factory told landlords that it won't make the April rent because of the coronavirus's impact on its remaining restaurants which are struggling on delivery and to-go orders.
- Professor Julian Bayliss, 50, from Wrexham, told his four-year-old daughter Poppy that he was on an expedition in Africa as he self-isolated inside a camper van behind the family home.
- As the rate of COVID-19 in Australia continues to surge with each passing day, casualties in regional parts of the nation have started to soar.
- An investigation by ProPublica revealed how the agency led by Robert Redfield was hit by chaos and confusion and he wrote an email saying the health risk from coronavirus 'was low.'
- Barclays has apologised for charging struggling business owners interest rates of up to 12% on emergency loans. The bank, along with Lloyds and HSBC has also ditched a clause that put business owners' assets at risk.
- In Brazil, McDonald's has released ads showing the franchise's famous golden arches cut in half, while Coca-Cola has spaced out its famous script.
- New figures released on Thursday show that there are now 1,074 deathsand more than 73,000 confirmed coronavirus cases across the United States.
- Joey Camp, the first COVID-19 patient isolated at a special park site by Georgia health officials, says the US is overreacting to the novel coronavirus that caused him to lose his job.
- Britain's first 'Incel' bomb-maker has pleaded guilty to a string of offences at the Old Bailey. Anwar Said Driouich, 22, from Middlesborough spoke of how he wanted to 'massacre this place'.'
- Richard Horton, editor of The Lancet, slammed the Government for its handling of the coronavirus outbreak, saying it 'wasted' February in its response to the disease
- The Daily Mail can reveal that Camilla, 72, is an avid user of the video chat program that lets up to eight users enjoy a simultaneous catch-up.
Gladys Berejiklian urges people to stay at home after spike takes Australia's COVID-19 total to 2996There were at least 1,405 COVID-19 cases in the country's worst hit state by Friday morning, NSW Chief Health Officer Dr Kerry Chant said.
- In a major blow to the Government, experts said rapid coronavirus tests had not yet been proven to work and it could be some time until they go on sale in the UK.
- Two men detained in the immigration detention unit in Gadsden, Alabama, threatened to jump from a ledge with bed sheets tied around their necks on March 20 because of coronavirus fears.
- Coles has introduced a raft of new health and safety measures at its stores to protect customers and staff from the growing coronavirus outbreak.
- New figures released on Thursday show that the US has overtaken China and Italy with the number of confirmed coronavirus cases.
Katie Price has shared a sweet message to thank NHS workers with her son Harvey for their work during the coronavirus pandemic.The star, who recently returned to social media, said: ‘Me and Harvey would like to say a massive thank you to everyone, all the social health carers, nurses, doctors, everyone in the NHS, everyone helping at this moment in time.Harvey added: ‘Thank y
- (Picture: BBC)It’s been a tough few months for Mick (Danny Dyer) and Linda Carter (Kellie Bright) in EastEnders as Linda’s battle with alcoholism almost destroyed her life and their family. Since nearly dying in the boat crash, Linda has had a valuable wake up call but being surrounded by booze in the Vic has led her back to temptation despite her best efforts to stay off the drink.This makes Mick come to realise that this is no longer the right environment for them and together
- In reaction to Prince Charles, Meghan has upped precautionary measures at their Vancouver Island mansion, as she was already making staffers wear latex gloves.
- Few will question the scale of the support for the self-employed amid the coronavirus crisis. What is in doubt is the ability to deliver it and many will be alarmed to learn it is unlikely to be up and running before the beginning of June
- Former Ajax midfielder Abdelhak Nouri has awoken from his coma (Picture: Getty)Abdelhak Nouri has regained consciousness after being in a coma for two years and nine months and the ex-Ajax star is now able to eat and sit up in a wheelchair.The Dutchman, nicknamed ‘Appie’, had a cardiac arrhythmia attack during Ajax’s friendly clash with Werder Bremen back in July 2017 and suffered severe and permanent brain damage caused by a lack of oxygen supply.Nouri’s family asked for
- Former Ajax midfielder Abdelhak Nouri has awoken from his coma (Picture: Getty)Former Ajax ace Abdelhak Nouri is able to watch football again after waking up from a coma he suffered nearly three years ago, his family have confirmed.The Dutchman, nicknamed ‘Appie’, had a cardiac arrhythmia attack during Ajax’s friendly clash with Werder Bremen back in July 2017 and suffered severe and permanent brain damage caused by a lack of oxygen supply.Nouri’s family asked for privacy
- Fred 'Curly' Neal, the dribbling wizard who entertained millions with the Harlem Globetrotters for 22 years, has died at age 77 at his home in Houston. The cause of death wasn't disclosed.
- The National Public Health Emergency Team received 10 more reports of the virus today as Navy personnel assisted medical staff at St John Rogerson's Quay in Dublin (pictured).
- So far, 37 members of the First Assembly of God Church in Greers Ferry, Arkansas, have tested positive for the coronavirus, which on Tuesday claimed the life of door greeter Bill Burton.
- The new roles across supermarkets, e-commerce, supply chain and drinks businesses will allow the retailer to better meet the unprecedented demand for groceries across Australia.
Meghan Markle won’t be pocketing a paycheck for lending her voice to a brand new Disney documentary, so save your snide remarks.
The Duchess Of Sussex’s fee for her first post-royal gig – a documentary on elephants – will actually be going to the Elephants Without Borders charity, an organisation which is committed to conserving wildlife and protecting animal
- New images show preparations underway on the US Navy's lead hospital ship, 'Mercy', to take up to 1000 non-coronavirus patients before it docks in the Port of Los Angeles Friday.
- Speaking at a press conference in Albany on Thursday, the governor told New Yorkers not to give up hope despite becoming increasingly tired of the situation.
- New York City schools could reopen by April 20 despite Mayor Bill de Blasio admitting that the worst of the coronavirus outbreak is still the hit the city in April and May.
31 Mar 202030 Mar 202029 Mar 202028 Mar 202027 Mar 202025 Mar 202024 Mar 202023 Mar 202022 Mar 202021 Mar 2020
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!