The aftermath of a death, the wedding of the year and a violent assault make this week one to remember for our favourite soaps (Picture: ITV/BBC)Seb Franklin’s (Harry Visinoni) sad death continues to send shockwaves through the cobbles in Coronation Street this week, as Abi Franklin (Sally Carman) sets out to avenge her son.
Wedding bells, meanwhile, are chiming in EastEnders – or are they?
Callum Highway (Tony Clay) certainly hopes so, as he turns up at the registry office to put a
- Stolen French bulldog Maggie has been rescued – along with her six puppies (Picture: SWNS)A stolen dog has been rescued in the middle of giving birth to six puppies.Maggie, a French Bulldog, had been snatched from Devon while heavily pregnant on May 13 and moved across the country to Manchester.Following a tip off, police tracked the family dog to a house in Moss Lane, Partington, to find her in mid-labour. A spokesman for Manchester Police said: ‘Officers were let into the prop
- The US President, who visited the monarch yesterday following the G7 summit in Cornwall last week, said she 'wanted to know' about the Russian and Chinese presidents and they had a 'long talk'.
- Christian Brueckner, 44, claimed the investigation was 'scandalous' and condemned prosecutors who 'brought shame to the legal system,' in a letter obtained by a German newspaper.
- Professor Anthony Harnden, deputy chair of the UK's JCVI vaccine advice committee, said the priority now was getting second doses to as many people as possible to stop the Delta variant.
- Select episodes of Brookside will be available to stream (Picture: REX/Channel 4)Brookside will finally be making a return to screens, as select classic episodes will be available to stream on BritBox.A new announcement from the streaming service has revealed what subscribers can expect to see over the next few weeks.Select episodes of the popular Channel 4 soap will be added to the SoapBox section of service in July, alongside episodes of classic serial dramas Crossroads and Take The High Road.
Sir Keir Starmer attacks BBC for continuing with ‘distressing’ coverage of Christian Eriksen collapse: ‘They should have cut out’Starmer is furious at the BBC over the Eriksen coverage (Picture: PA)Sir Keir Starmer has blasted the BBC for continuing to broadcast when Denmark midfielder Christian Eriksen had to receive emergency treatment during the Euro 2020 match against Finland.The former Spurs star fell to floor and suffered from cardiac arrest during the match, with players from both teams gathering around to form a protective circle.The father-of-two remains in hospital but has made great ‘progress’ accor
- The network, the first news channel to start up in Britain in 24 years, was watched by 164,400 people last night, beating BBC News, which attracted 133,000 and Sky, which had 57,000.
- If it walks like a zombie… (pic: Techland)The new trailer for Dying Light 2 has zero new gameplay but it does explain more about the plot and new main character.Perhaps the most prominent attraction during Sunday night’s PC Gaming Show, Dying Light 2: Stay Human received a new trailer that explained the game’s world, story, and main character Aiden Caldwell.Instead of some kind of cinematic trailer, however, Techland decided to have narrative director Piotr Szymanek sit in fro
- Would you wear these leggings? (Picture: @Father Marge/TikTok)When purchasing leggings, one must always check the level of transparency. You want support and cover, but comfort is key and exposure is often not the intention.
However, a pair of leggings from Rihanna’s Savage X Fenty range has left shoppers divided and confused because it seems, in this case, exposure is the purpose.
The leggings, which come in lilac, appear to be a standard design from the front but the back is a different
- The packed Delta Airlines flight was two hours away from its destination on Friday when an intercom announcement told those aboard to return to their seats and prepare to don their facemasks
- Paul Bradley, 53, managed to scramble to safety but has been left swollen and bruised after the sudden encounter in a famous beauty spot
- Murray is back in action on Tuesday (Picture: Getty)Andy Murray will return to the grasscourts of Great Britain as a singles player for the first time since 2018 on Tuesday with question marks continuing to hang over his long-term future.
Murray, the three-time Grand Slam champion from Dunblane, maintains that health, rather than on-court success, is his priority at this stage in his career and admitted that he still doesn’t know if his body is capable of handling the rigours of top-level
- The girls have announced some big news (Picture: Rex)This is what we want, what we really, really want – new Spice Girls music!This summer, the iconic girl band are celebrating the 25th anniversary of their debut single Wannabe with a special campaign and a limited edition EP featuring a previously unreleased track.This is not a drill – Wannabe25 is coming to vinyl, cassette and streaming services in July, and there’s plenty to get excited about.As well as an as-yet-unheard dem
- Marcio Gomes, whose son Logan was stillborn because of the toxic smoke, has gained the support of the Grenfell Next of Kin group, which represents relatives of 31 of the 72 victims.
- High school students at Exeter High School in New Hampshire were marked unvaccinated and vaccinated with pen.
- The only reason you can't do whatever you want is because the PM prefers to do whatever he wants, says Fleet Street Fox
- Renting a home is now cheaper than buying one - in most parts of the Britain - for the first time in six years, a new report by estate and lettings agents Hamptons has today revealed.
- Arlene Foster told colleagues she was ‘looking forward to fresh challenges’ (Picture: PA)The DUP’s Arlene Forster has announced she is formally resigning as first minister of Northern Ireland.Speaking at Stormont, she said: ‘Mr Speaker, colleagues both inside and outside this House know very well that all periods of leadership must come to an end.‘That is why, when we are privileged and honoured with holding such a position, we must not waste a moment in frivolous b
- The men appeared to be enjoying their drinks at a seafront cafe at Southend in Essex, when someone saw red and the brawl kick off in front of families out in the sunshine
- Viji Sridharan, the widow of Dr Sridharan Suresh, 50, who took his own life after being falsely accused of sexually touching a patient, is suing the trust and GMC, accusing them of negligence.
- A disciplinary panel imposed the sanction on Daniel Kawczynski this morning after a review heard he had called staff 'useless' and labelled one a member of 'the snowflake generation'.
- In the southern Chinese city of Guangzhou, a hotspot for the mutant strain, medics say four times as many patients are becoming severely ill within four days of symptoms starting.
- David Page, boss of Fulham Shore, owners of the Franco Manca, blasted Mr Johnson's last minute u-turn with just a week until the date they have spent a fortune preparing for.
- Sun, sea and sand, without leaving the UK (Picture: Shutterstock / PatrickBieniek Germany)For all the green list uncertainty, we’re betting you’ve lost none of your get-up-and-go.Which is why we’ve teamed up with lastminute.com to offer one lucky reader a seven-night luxury stay in Jersey this summer, including bed and breakfast at a five-star hotel, direct flights from London and private transfers.
You’re welcome!So what to do on Britain’s largest Channel Island?
- Maths teacher and model Pietro Boselli says love is just like a recipe for chocolate cake and lust is the icing on top as part of his new online lessons on the subject
- NASA head Bill Nelson, who was an astronaut himself, will allow the agency’s scientists to explore the unidentified high-speed objects that have been spotted within the Earth's atmosphere by US military pilots over the years.
- The new Greater Manchester Police chief said he would ‘absolutely not’ take the knee (Picture: PA/Getty)People are ‘fed up’ of ‘virtue-signalling’ police officers and would rather see them catch burglars, one of Britain’s most senior police chiefs has said.Stephen Watson, the new chief constable of Greater Manchester Police (GMP) warned officers who display their personal views that they risked undermining the police’s impartiality and could sabota
- All staff at Houston Methodist healthcare settings have been ordered to get a vaccine (Picture: AP)A judge has sided with hospital managers who suspended 178 staff who refused to get a vaccine – meaning they face being sacked next Monday if they still haven’t had their jabs.US district judge Lynn Hughes threw out a joint lawsuit filed by 117 of the suspended Houston Methodist Hospital system employees, who sued their employer over a requirement for all staff to be fully-vaccinated or
- Transatlantic alliance will focus on growing hostility from Beijing and Vladimir Putin's Russia at summit in Brussels.
Follow @newslock_uknews on Twitter!