Up to 50,000 half-term and winter-sun breaks will be scrapped as UK government closes Turkey travel corridor in surprise move
Coronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageTens of thousands of holidays to Turkey are being cancelled after the UK government added the country to the quarantine list on Thursday night, dashing hopes of a boost for the travel industry from late summer sun and October half-term breaks.The announcement was tweeted by transport secretary Grant Shapps,
- There’s no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear, say the experts, who share their top spots for winter fun – and the kit that can make it all possible
I wish I could say that every autumn I carefully wash and hang up my wetsuit, then check that all my camping and other outdoor kit is clean and dry before meticulously storing it away for the winter. In fact, after the first frost, I usually shove all that gear under the bed where it can be forgotten until next spring.But this year
- The annual college football bowl game is expected to return at the end of the 2021 season.
- The country will open its borders to all international travelers beginning Nov. 1.
- The Hilton-branded property is expected to open in 2023.
- DragonSlayer, which is available for a free trial, tracks border closures and entry requirements for 124 countries and all 50 states.
- The California theme parks themselves, however, remain closed.
- Unlike on European Booking.com sites, search, booking and payment is done fully on Booking.com in the U.S.
- Its new points system enables members to progress from a one- to four-star tier of benefits, offering more rewards at each level.
- The results of the #PullUpForTravel survey suggests that what was already suspected is true: Black people are wholly underrepresented in the travel industry.
- Service to the destinations -- two in the Southeast U.S., one in Colorado -- will begin in the first half of 2021.
- The airline's website shows East Coast flights beginning Dec. 18.
- From concerts and cooking to art and poetry, the virtual world is stepping up as new Covid restrictions bite. You’ll need your diaryBarbican: From Our Hall to Your Home
From rising London jazz star Nubya Garcia performing her debut album (29 Oct), to a musical voyage through space and time with Brian Cox and the BBC Symphony Orchestra (13 Dec), the Barbican’s forthcoming season includes 12 concerts livestreamed from its stages. Also on the bill is Americana from clarinettist and saxo
- Company executives didn't shy away from the revenue benefits Southwest will derive from ending its middle seat block on Dec. 1.
- The hotel will feature retro arcades as well as state-of-the-art amenities for esports fans.
- The order comes from the federal judge in Miami who is overseeing Carnival Corp.'s environmental probation.
- The programming has been retooled for a virtual environment, which means short bursts of learning, more in-depth training and opportunities for interactive conversations.
- The Rosewood Amsterdam will be the company's first property in the Netherlands when it debuts in 2023.
- The measures create confusion and uncertainty, travel associations argue. And, they add, they're not the most effective way to stop the spread of the virus.
- Executives say the pandemic downturn is an opportunity to rebuild the airline more strongly.
- via bbc.comMada’in Saleh was the Nabataean Kingdom’s second city after Petra in Jordan
- Sabre Travel AI will help airlines, travel agencies and hotels deliver more personalized content to travelers.
- The plans include more sailings to the line's private island in the Bahamas.
- A guide to destinations that UK tourists can now visit, in light of the government’s updated travel corridor listThe number of countries that travellers can visit from the UK without any restrictions has risen after transport secretary Grant Shapps added the Canaries, Denmark, Mykonos and the Maldives to the travel corridor list on 22 October. Mykonos had been the only island in Greece that wasn’t on the travel corridor list. Sweden, Greece and Gibraltar remain on the travel corridor
- Holidays to the Spanish islands will be on sale in time for half-term. The Maldives, Mykonos and Denmark also added to listCoronavirus – latest updatesSee all our coronavirus coverageLast-minute holidays to the Canaries will be back on sale in time for a half-term getaway after the islands were added to the UK travel corridor list.Holidaymakers will be able to visit any of the eight main islands in the archipelago without the need to quarantine for 14 days on their return. The move comes i
- The level declined 32.2% year over year to 48% but was a marked improvement from the second-quarter decline.
- The carrier estimates it will take six to nine months to work through all passengers.
- For the first time, the carrier will offer free seat selections, carry-on bags and checked bags to qualifying Free Spirit members.
- Travelers are looking to double down on their 2021 vacations with train trips through Europe before or after their cruise.
- The company said it plans to continue sailings on a regular basis.
Follow @traveluknews on Twitter!