- Liverpool have agreed a deal with Bayern Munich with £20million to sign Thiago Alcantara, with a further £5m in potential add-ons.The midfielder is expected to sign a four-year deal and will wear the no.6 shirt.
- Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa gave the broadest of hints that the North Macedonia international will replace Jack Harrison, who is ineligible to face his parent club.
- The group stage will also see Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi renew their rivalry.
- via theweek.co.ukFootballThu 1 Oct, AT 17:552020-21 Champions League draw: groups and key dates
Liverpool, Man City, Chelsea and Man Utd find out their group opponents
- The Eagles academy graduate has already scored three times this season.
- Jos Buttler has backed Moeen Ali to rediscover the bowling form that helped England win 3-0 in Sri Lanka two years ago - and believes he could team up once more with fellow cast-off Adil Rashid.
- Love, seen as the biggest threat to Enable in Sunday's Qatar Prix de L'Arc de Triomphe, will not run because of the increasingly testing ground at Longchamp.
- Manchester City were knocked out by Lyon last season
- LAWRENCE BOOTH AT THE KIA OVAL: By the time Jacks, who previously boasted a career record of six T20 wickets in 33 matches, had finished his spell of four for 15, Kent were 54 for four.
- Bayern have a long-held affection for the England winger, having previously tried to sign him in the 2019 summer and winter windows, but they may now finally get their man on a season-long loan.
- The Manchester United midfielder was unavailable for the matches against Croatia and Sweden in September but has been back in Premier League action after recovering from the virus.
- Amid the vast transfer sums that Manchester City continue to spend, there's a quiet academy recruitment revolution unraveling behind the scenes at the Etihad Stadium.
- The women have confirmed they will tackle London Marathon in controversial trainers.
Manchester United Champions League draw: Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side learn 2020 group stage opponentsUnited last featured in the competition in the 2018/19 season
- Jurgen Klopp’s side are back and looking to better last season’s effort after exiting at the last 16 stage thanks to Atletico Madrid’s victory at Anfield
- Frank Lampard’s side are back after exiting the tournament at the last 16 stage last season to the eventual champions Bayern Munich
- ‘Trek-Segafredo is an organisation that values inclusivity and supports a more diverse and equitable sport for all athletes,’ the team said in a statement
- Born in 1996, the left back grew up watching Lampard star for Chelsea and England but admitted he never imagined that he would one day play under the legendary midfielder.
- Israel Adesanya is undergoing tests on his swollen and painful right pectoral muscle. He has had the problem for eight weeks but put off going to get checked out until after UFC 253.
- Mourinho made it perfectly clear that he did not expect Kane to be involved in all three of England’s games.
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is expected to make significant changes for Thursday's Carabao Cup clash with Arsenal but 'hates' the perception certain games matter more to him than others
- Eden Hazard's time at Real Madrid has been plagued by injury and his latest setback may cause him to miss the team's grudge match with Barcelona later this month.
- It's fair to say 2020 has been memorable for all the wrong reasons, but on Thursday night a tiny team from the Faroe Islands can secure a success the likes of which the country has never seen before.
- Who would be a Newcastle United fan?Sign up now! Sign up now! Sign up now? Sign up now!
- On-loan Manchester City winger Harrison is unavailable against his parent club.
Champions League group stage draw in full: Messi vs Ronaldo, Manchester United vs PSG and more confirmedThe Uefa Champions League group stage draw for the 2020/21 season was held today in Nyon.Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi will face each other in the group stages for the first time ever.
- The manager has said they will be available for selection for the games in November.
- Dele Alli in line to stay at Tottenham after PSG's £1.5m loan bid is rejected* Alli has played once since Premier League’s opening day* Midfielder set to fight for place in José Mourinho’s squad
- Metropolitan Police Sergeant Matt Ratana died after being shot in the chest at Croydon Custody Centre, a preliminary post-mortem examination report has found.The report was read at Croydon Coroner’s Court.
Apple will add over 100 new emojis in future update – including gender-neutral icons and the transgender flagApple users on iOS 14 are going to get 117 new emojis very soon.These new icons, which include gender-neutral ones as well as an all-important transgender flag emoji, are currently in beta-testing on version 14.2 of iOS.
Follow @SportUKnews on Twitter!