- The Porto shot stopper rolled the ball out in his box thinking he was alone before panic struck. Unbeknownst to him, Ghana forward Inaki Williams was lurking
- Lancashire all-rounder Liam Livingstone has spoken of fulfilling a childhood dream after he was selected for his Test debut by England.
- Head coach Czeslaw Michniewicz admitted his "heart stopped" during Poland's 2-0 defeat to Argentina - a result which saw his side scrape into the last 16 of the World Cup on goal difference.
Robbie Slater rips into Craig Foster Mark Bosnich for slamming Graham Arnold Socceroos World Cup winThe Socceroos legend ripped into his ex-teammates following their post-match analysis on SBS of Australia's 1-0 World Cup upset against Denmark.
- Griezmann volleyed home eight minutes into stoppage time but the goal was ruled out as the forward was offside when Aurelien Tchouameni sent the ball into the area.
- Lionel Messi has fumed that he is 'angry' with himself after missing a first-half penalty in Argentina's 2-0 World Cup win over Poland on Wednesday evening.
- Jack Grealish could not hold back the laughter when England team-mate Luke Shaw was hit by bird boo during a group meal in Qatar. Mason Mount uploaded the hilarious incident to Instagram.
- After tying Poland on points, but falling short of second place on goal difference, the Mexican Football Federation announced that first team boss Gerardo 'Tata' Martino has left his role.
Graham Arnold pays tribute to his favourite pub after it changed name to support Socceroos World CupSocceroos coach Graham Arnold has paid tribute to his favourite Sydney pub that changed its name to support the Australian team, after what might be the nation's finest hour at a World Cup.
- Argentina manager Lionel Scaloni declared he was unhappy about World Cup scheduling which means his side must play their last-16 game against Australia less than 72 hours after qualifying
Tim Nostradamus Cahill: Socceroos great correctly predicted Australia v Argentina at Qatar World CupWhen Tim Cahill predicted prior to the World Cup that the Socceroos would play Argentina in the Round of 16, he was laughed at and accused of being on drugs. They're not laughing now.
- Argentina's potentially tricky night was anything but as they breezed through to the last-16 of the World Cup with a 2-0 win over Poland. Here is how both sets of players fared at Stadium 974.
Kenya avoids drugs ban but president Sebastian Coe says it will be a 'long journey' to restore trustKenyan athletes have been spared a unilateral ban from the sport as concerns escalate around the rampant doping problem in the African nation.
- Florida quarterback Jalen Kitna - the son of NFL veteran, was arrested Wednesday on two counts of distribution of child exploitation material and three counts of possession of child pornography.
- Footage of Owens shows the Pro Football Hall of Famer knocking out a reported heckler outside of a CVS in Inglewood, California on Saturday. Police were not called, according to TMZ.
Mexico confirms the firing of Gerardo 'Tata' Martino after El Tri fail to get out of the group stageAfter tying Poland on points, but falling short of second place on goal difference, the Mexican Football Federation announced that first team boss Gerardo 'Tata' Martino has been fired.
- Australia are gearing up for one of their biggest ever matches when they face Argentina in the last-16 of the World Cup.
- Rio Ferdinand and Alan Shearer have marvelled at Lionel Messi's World Cup performance against Poland on Wednesday despite the star missing a penalty and not scoring in his nation's 2-0 victory.
- Former world No 7 Fernando Verdasco has been banned from tennis after being found to have used a drug to treat Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Socceroos man of the hour Mat Leckie has always been humble - and it was clearly evident in an interview with the Today Show on Thursdayfollowing the 1-0 win over Denmark.
- Orbelin Pineda, Hirving Lozano and standout Luis Chavez put in an intense and energetic performance but ultimately it came too late for Tata Martino's men as they exited the World Cup,
- The midfielder appeared on News Breakfast in the aftermath of Australia's historic win over the Danes, which sealed their place in the last-16 of the World Cup for the first time since 2016.
- EXCLUSIVE BY AADAM PATEL: Ian Bell knows about the challenges of batting in Pakistan after being part of the 2005 England side beaten by a potent mix of searing pace and fizzing spin.
- The mood at Duhail Sports complex was buoyant last night as Senegal's squad started the countdown for one of the biggest games in their history when they take on England in the last sixteen
- ADRIAN KAJUMBA: Jamal Musiala's standout performances for Germany on the biggest stage of all will have come as no surprise to some - not least Gareth Southgate and Jordan Henderson.
- Time has not been much of a healer for Gyan. Most Ghanaians share his pain as they prepare for a reunion with Suarez and Uruguay in a repeat of one of the World Cup's most infamous games.
- The Socceroos are the toast of the nation after a famous 1-0 upset against Denmark saw them progress to the next stage of the World Cup, sparking wild celebrations back in Australia.
- England regularly sent physios to Manchester City in the weeks before the World Cup to assist with expediting Kyle Walker's return to full fitness.
- CHRIS WHEELER: Ronaldo lost out on £16million in wages when he was dumped by United last week in the wake of his notorious interview with Piers Morgan.
World Cup: Kalvin Phillips reveals sobering comedown by Steve Holland after England's win over WalesEngland's jubilant players were given a sobering comedown immediately after beating Wales with Steve Holland warning they had achieved nothing yet.
Follow @SportUKnews on Twitter!