- According to Mundo Deportivo, new boss Xavi could turn to Chelsea forward Werner or Manchester United striker Cavani in the upcoming transfer window to fix his lack of firepower up front.
- CHRIS SUTTON: I've tipped Chelsea to emerge as eventual champions. A stumble here and there - defeat at West Ham, drawing at home to Burnley - won't make me change my mind.
- The dressing-room picture - players and staff celebrating after a first win in 15 Premier League matches - will no doubt attract criticism. Yet this was a big step in the right direction for Newcastle.
- Only five players have more goals than Maupay’s six this season. He still has the second-worst record on a list of wasteful forwards — worked out by expected goals — but his work rate is crucial to Brighton.
- IAN LADYMAN: As far as I am aware, Cole will continue to work on radio and that feels right. Everyone in life deserves a second chance and I have a feeling that he will take his.
- Britain is in line to host one of the four groups in the Davis Cup finals next year after being given a wildcard straight into the 16-team event in 2022.
- JEFF POWELL AT THE COPPER BOX: This savage four-round win has secured Yarde's place in line to challenge the winner of Callum Johnson's bout against Joe Smith Jr in January.
- With a UEFA A licence, a sports science masters and as a graduate of Johan Cruyff's Academy, James Rowe is probably the most qualified boss to have trod this touchline.
- The former England fast bowler, as revealed by Sportsmail on Saturday , is to become director of cricket at the county he served with such distinction in two spells at the club.
- TREVOR BAYLISS: Cummins was brought up the right way and is a smart cookie who used his time wisely through serious injury problems by taking a degree in business and marketing.
- Collin Morikawa squandered a five-shot lead and the chance to become world No 1 as Viktor Hovland emerged victorious from an extraordinary final round of the Hero World Challenge.
- Sportsmail's racing expert Robin Goodfellow dishes out his tips for Monday's meetings at Ludlow, Musselburgh and Wolverhampton...
- CHIEF SPORTS WRITER: Here's what's great about Formula 1 this season. It's not just Drive To Survive. It's Drive To Survive, and Succession. And a little bit of Squid Game for good measure.
- Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen's thrilling Formula One rivalry this season reached new heights on Sunday during the inaugural Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.
- Willie Mullins swiftly swept aside Chacun Pour Soi's abject performance in Saturday's Tingle Creek Chase with a sparkling five-timer on Sunday with stable powerhouses Allaho and Energumene.
- The visitors will take on Pat Cummins' side at the gladatorial 'Gabba' stadium in Brisbane, with unusually wet conditions potentially coming into England coach Chris Silverwood's thinking.
- The significance of the time is that next May marks the 27th anniversary of Everton's last trophy, the 1995 FA Cup, when they beat Manchester United in the final at Wembley.
Twitter accused of 'flaky' response to online abuse; Emma Raducanu and Fallon Sherrock to miss SPOTYMIKE KEEGAN: A number of EFL clubs were left 'seriously unimpressed' following a recent group call with Twitter to discuss the fight against online abuse. 'It was incredibly flaky,' said one official.
- NASSER HUSSAIN: Australia is a better place than England to bat because of their Kookaburra ball and for that reason you need a balanced attack.
- CHRIS FOY - WORLD OF RUGBY: Look up 'rugby's core values' and you will find myriad versions, but there is a general agreement that one of them is respect and that it is under threat.
- Southampton have moved quickly to swoop for free agent Caballero, 40, who is set for a medical on Monday ahead of signing a short-term contract at St Mary's.
- This year's Golden Boy prize has gone to Barcelona's 18-year-old midfielder Pedri. Sportsmail looks at what has happened to the other 18 winners of the coveted football prize...
Leicester on cloud nine as George Ford maintain the Tigers' unbeaten record with win over HarlequinsAnd Ford, who is leaving for Sale in the summer, was at the heart of a blood-pumping win, as Harry Potter scored Tigers' only try in an enthralling game in front of a packed Welford Road crowd.
Jose Mourinho's reign as Roma boss is already showing cracks after just 90 DAYS following Inter lossALVISE CAGNAZZO: Mourinho has failed to implement a style of play and continued to make all the wrong tactical choices which have highlighted a lack of knowledge of the opponents
- Juventus have moved to within seven points of the Champions League places in the Serie A after they scored twice past a stubborn Genoa side at home on Sunday.
- Bamford, a 70th-minute replacement for Junior Firpo, marked his return after being ruled out since mid-September with an ankle injury by snatching Leeds a point in the fifth minute of added time.
- Banned from competing under their flag because of violations of anti-doping rules, the Russians ensured their rankings superiority translated to silverware in Madrid.
- Lewis Hamilton took an incredible victory in the inaugural Saudi Arabian Grand Prix to draw level with Max Verstappen in the world title standings heading into next week's Abu Dhabi race.
Aston Villa manager Steven Gerrard vows to avoid 'making it about him' on emotional Liverpool returnGerrard spent 17 years as a first-team player at Liverpool and is one of their greatest captains, yet he insists Villa will be his sole concern when they take on Jurgen Klopp's team.
- Freiburg produced a devastating first-half to rout Borussia Monchengladbach 6-0 away on Sunday for their biggest-ever win in the Bundesliga.
Follow @SportUKnews on Twitter!