If you’ve ever left the Target dollar section, once called The One Spot, with $50 in merchandise, then you already well know the power of The Target Spell.
Perhaps you’ve then noticed that the in-store Target dollar section has gotten a makeover in the past year, and with it a makeover in strategy. It’s now called Bullseye’s Playground—named after the famed, adorable Target mascot—and features much of the same great gear at wonderfully affordable prices. It&rs
- Candy ThermometerNot using a candy thermometer is the first mistake many budding candy makers commit, according to our Executive Culinary Director Sarah Farmer. This handy implement can measure up to 400°F and allows you to check the temperature and the stage of the cooking sugar solution. This is important when a few degrees of difference can turn your nougat into taffy!
Why it made our list: This digital thermometer with easy digital readout, comes with pre-programmed settings for all kin
- Potato chips might seem like a simple snack, but Lay’s always takes them to the next level with their inventive flavors. Just recently, Lay’s launched a line of chips inspired by restaurants, and we can’t forget about their Fried Pickles with Ranch chips flavor that rocked our taste buds over the summer. But why limit chips to only salty or savory flavors?
Sometimes, you might be looking for something sweet and crunchy to snack on, and Lay’s new chip flavor will hit
- With so much going on in the world right now, it’s easy to want to let our minds wander to more pleasant things. You know, like Starbucks’ highly-coveted holiday menu, or their undeniably adorable holiday merch. However, that’s not what we’re focusing on right now. Instead, we want to feature how Starbucks has decided to give appreciation to our front-line healthcare workers for their undying dedication and hard work.
Earlier this year, Starbucks highlighted the undertaki
- The post Your Go-To McDonald’s Order Based on Your Zodiac Sign appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Organized Snack Container
Organized people wouldn’t dream of packing their lunch in a messy paper bag! Give them the PackIt Multi Flex Bento container to keep their lunch nice and tidy. Food stays separated with two flexible dividers and one dip cup for sauces or salad dressing.
The post 10 Gifts for Organization Addicts appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Sunday: Zippy Chicken EnchiladasLeftover chicken gets an awesome makeover in this rich and creamy casserole. This colorful dish is loaded with flavor. It’s a nice change of pace from beef enchiladas. —Julie Moutray, Wichita, KansasGet Recipe
The post A 7-Day Meal Plan of Freezer Meals appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Starbucks is proving that cool drinks can be enjoyed year-round. Just when we thought the chain was done rounding out their holiday menu, this Irish Cream Cold Brew is the prodigal surprise we didn’t know we needed! (At least something can supplement the loss of the Gingerbread Latte, eh?)
The Irish Cream Cold Brew is back for 2020, and it’s already earning rave reviews from fans on Instagram. We’re ready to order one, too.
What’s in the Irish Cream Cold Brew?
- Upside-Down Christmas Tree Mug
The holidays don’t get any cuter (or cozier) than this! You can snag this adorable mug for around $8 on eBay, which is a total steal considering how gorgeous it is. It even comes with a lid so you can set it upside down and just enjoy the snowy atmosphere that won’t clash with the rest of your holiday decor. Aw!
The post 14 Christmas Gifts for Your Sister appeared first on Taste of Home.
- This honey chicken wings recipe was given to me by a special lady who was like a grandmother to me. —Marisa Raponi, Vaughan, OntarioTotal Time Prep: 15 min. + marinating Bake: 40 min. Makes 3 dozenIngredients 1/2 cup orange blossom honey1/3 cup white vinegar2 tablespoons paprika2 teaspoons salt1 teaspoon pepper4 pounds chicken wings Text Ingredients View RecipeDirections Combine honey, vinegar, paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Cut through the two wing joints with a sharp knife, d
- I love this quick-to-fix, layered Reuben Stromboli. I used another sandwich recipe as a guide but made it with Reuben fixings. Switch things up by using sliced turkey and coleslaw instead of corned beef and sauerkraut. —Joan Hallford, North Richland Hills, TexasTotal Time Prep: 25 min. Bake: 40 min. Makes 6 servingsIngredients 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed2/3 cup Thousand Island salad dressing, divided 3 tablespoons dill pickle relish1/2 pound thinly sliced deli corned beef1/2 pound
- Rich ice cream and refreshing peppermint make this peppermint milkshake recipe a special treat, especially during the holidays. For a twist on this classic, stir in chocolate syrup and top with chocolate shavings. —Taste of Home Test KitchenTotal Time Prep/Total Time: 5 min. Makes 3 servingsIngredients 1 cup 2% milk2 cups vanilla ice cream1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies, divided Sweetened whipped cream Text Ingredients View RecipeDirections In a blender,
- If you're serving this pork at a party, keep it warm in a slow cooker. Stir in water, a little at a time, if the mixture gets too thick. —Sharlene Heatwole, McDowell, VirginiaTotal Time Prep: 30 min. Bake: 2-1/2 hours Makes 10 servingsIngredients 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)1 tablespoon cider vinegar1 cup ketchup1 cup barbecue sauce1/2 cup maple syrup2 tablespoons Dijon mustard1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional 1/2 teaspoon pepper1/4 teaspoon salt10 hamburger buns, s
- Grinch-Inspired Hot Cocoa Bombs
How can you possibly have Christmas without mentioning the Grinch? These beautiful masterpieces are green for the Grinch himself and pink for Cindy Lou Who. You can order them on Etsy as a super cute stocking stuffer.
The post 8 Hot Cocoa Bombs You Need This Holiday Season appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Vermont Nut-Free Chocolates Sea Salt Caramels
Whether they’re a die-hard chocolate fan or more of a caramel person, just about anyone would love to receive these hand-dipped artisan chocolates. All of Vermont Nut-Free Chocolates’ products are made in a nut-free facility (or course!), so they’re safe even for those with allergies.
The post 17 Secret Santa Gift Ideas Under $25 appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Coconut Chocolate SlicesThese crispy cookies with a chewy coconut center travel really well. When my son was in the Army, I often sent boxes to him, and he told me they always arrived in perfect condition. —Cheri Booth, Gering, NebraskaGet Recipe
The post 18 Cool Recipes for Icebox Cookies appeared first on Taste of Home.
- For many, Hanukkah isn’t the same without a few sweet treats—especially rugelach. These crescent-shaped cookies are filled with different flavors and are a great treat to serve alongside tea or coffee (or to eat by the handful!).
Like babka, rugelach has Jewish origins but has gained popularity in other communities as well. It’s not uncommon to see rugelach at a Hanukkah celebration and then on a Christmas cookie tray. And when a cookie is so tasty and pretty—it’s
- Costco has all the best products for the holiday season. Honestly! People can’t stop talking about the hot cocoa bombs. Plus, Costco’s bakery is selling this huge Christmas cookie tray right now. Now, all we need is the perfect cup for our warm winter drinks, and Costco has that, too! Their color-changing hot cups will make dark winter days bright and cheerful.
What Colors Are the Cups?
If you can’t resist the color-changing tumblers from Costco, then you need to add these colo
- As you might’ve gathered, TikTok is more than just funny videos. It’s also a platform for inspiring creativity in the kitchen. If you’ve ever been tempted to make white chocolate-coated ‘Reindeer Bait’, unbelievably creamy whipped coffee or eggy breakfast sandwiches, we’ve found a new holiday recipe you’re going to love—and this time it’s boozy!
Say hello to the easy holiday cocktail of your dreams courtesy of @sewwaa1 on TikTok.
How Do I Mak
- We have Costco to thank for keeping us satisfied with seasonal desserts this year. Thanksgiving wasn’t a wrap without Costco’s famous 4-pound pumpkin pie or the equally enormous 4-pound pecan pie. No matter how you chose to fill up, we can all agree it’s the Costco bakery that makes a membership really worth it. Now, we’re seeing another masterpiece from the bakery.
Ready a glass of your favorite spiked eggnog, because this giant Costco cookie tray comes with all of your
- Hungary: GoulashTalk about your heirloom recipes! My grandmother made this Hungarian goulash recipe for my mother when she was a child, and Mom made it for us to enjoy. Paprika and caraway add wonderful flavor and sour cream gives it a creamy richness. It’s simply scrumptious! —Marcia Doyle, Pompano, FloridaGet Recipe
The post 21 Traditional Winter Recipes from Around the World appeared first on Taste of Home.
Whether you’re looking to commemorate a special occasion or a beloved character, Hallmark’s Keepsake Ornaments add a personal touch to your tree. Plus, many of the ornaments are part of a series, so you can collect your favorites for years to come. Speaking of, enjoy these treats while watching your favorite holiday movie.
Our Top Pick: 2020 First in Series Ornament Bundle
The post The Best Places to Buy Christmas Ornaments Online appeared first on Taste of Home.
- We’re sure you’ve heard, the holidays are here; and that means one thing for us—baked goodies! We’re busting out our favorite appliance, the one and only KitchenAid stand mixer to whip up all of our go-to holiday desserts.
If you don’t already have a KitchenAid mixer of your own, it’s time to invest. And if you do already have one, consider gifting one to spread the cheer! This is one of the most coveted gifts each December. Don’t believe us? Just watch
- Dough Whisk
A great loaf of bread starts by correctly incorporating the ingredients, and a dough whisk can help bakers do just that. Its unique design allows bakers to easily combine ingredients without overmixing, and it can more easily work with wet dough than a wooden spoon.
The post 18 Gifts for Bread Bakers appeared first on Taste of Home.
- A big, succulent ham is a festive supper many families enjoy on special occasions and holidays. And while it’s easy to get out of practice, a proper carving ensures that everyone gets a meaty slice and that you don’t leave too much meat on the bone. Follow along with our handy guide to how to carve a ham.
Before you start: Buy the right ham.
What’s the Easiest Ham to Carve?
Look for semi-boneless hams, which only include the center femur bone (it’s easy to work around).
- Cherry Hand PiesThere's nothing better than a sweet, from-scratch delight like traditional cherry pie. These precious little hand pies always go fast when I sell them at my pie bakery! —Allison Cebulla, Milwaukee, WisconsinGet Recipe
The post Our Ultimate Winter Dessert Wish List appeared first on Taste of Home.
- One-Bowl Chocolate Chip BreadYou'll be surprised to find our favorite brand of chocolate chips." duration="56" poster="https://www.tasteofhome.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/DIYD_BLB_197032_061118_Thumb.jpg" data-portal-copyright="Taste of Home">
One-Bowl Chocolate Chip Bread
My family hops out of bed on Valentine’s Day because they know I’m baking this quick bread for breakfast. They’re major chocoholics and it always hits the spot. —Angela Lively, Conroe, Texas
- Hot Ginger Coffee
I like to sit by the fire and sip this coffee on a cold winter day. It’s a wonderful warmup after shoveling snow, skiing, skating or snowmobiling. —Audrey Thibodeau, Gilbert, Arizona
The post 80 Wintry Treats That Will Make You Feel Warm and Cozy appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Monkey Bread
Time to give rum cake a little competition! If this boozy take on monkey bread is too strong for your taste, cut back on the bourbon or use milk as a non-alcoholic substitute. —James Schend, Taste of Home Deputy Editor
The post 40 Things to Bake While It’s Still Cold Outside appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Grand Prize: Mango Chicken Thighs with Basil-Coconut SauceThis recipe brings the restaurant to my home kitchen. And it’s easy, too! The meal comes together quickly and fills my kitchen with wonderful aromas. If there are any leftovers, they’re just as good reheated the next day.—Kathi Jones-DelMonte, Rochester, New YorkGet Recipe
Have a winning recipe of your own? Submit it to one of our current recipe contests for your chance to win $500!
The post Presenting the Winners f
Follow @RecipesUKnews on Twitter!