Pickle Candy Canes
Why celebrate the holidays with peppermint candy canes when you can get pickle candy canes (around $9)? Pair with Archie McPhee’s pizza candy canes for a well-balanced meal.
The post 13 Pickle-Flavored Foods (for People Who Love Pickles) appeared first on Taste of Home.
- The year my garden produced a bumper crop of butternut squash, I made so many new dishes trying to use up my bounty! This is a tasty, easy side with pretty colors, and it makes plenty to fill your hungry family. To make it into a main, add shrimp or shredded chicken. —Kallee Krong-McCreery, Escondido, CaliforniaTotal Time Prep: 20 min. Cook: 20 min. Makes 6 servingsIngredients 1-1/2 cups uncooked orzo pasta4 bacon strips, chopped2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash (1/2-inch cubes)1/2 cup
- After spending a good amount of time in France and developing a love for French pastry, I decided that it was time to learn how to make a classic madeleine cookie recipe. These mini butter cakes are a bit trickier than you would expect, but the end result is a delicious treat, perfect for serving with a cup of coffee or tea.
What Is a Madeleine Cookie?
There is great debate over whether madeleines are cookies or cakes, and technically, a madeleine is a small, sponge-like cake. Madeleines come fr
- When I was younger and still lived with my parents, my mom and I would discuss when we thought would be the best time to decorate the house for Christmas. I preferred earlier in the month, usually right after Thanksgiving, because I liked the atmosphere to last longer. She usually liked to wait a week or two before Christmas itself. (We have yet to reach an agreement, but the science is on my side.)
Luckily, the folks over at YouGov conducted a survey to discover when to decorate for the holiday
- Most Americans are know fantastical sounding sweets like sugarplums and figgy pudding from Christmas carols and stories, even if we’ve never eaten them. You might even know that sugarplums aren’t an actual fruit! This year, Dunkin’ has crafted a sugarplum macchiato—and we already have visions of sugarplums dancing in our heads.
Ever wondered what figgy pudding is? Wonder no more.
What Is a Sugarplum Macchiato?
If you’ve ever thought about what a sugarplum might
- If you love festive drinks, then it’s the most wonderful time of the year! Perfectly timed for the holiday season, Costco launched Kirkland-brand eggnog liqueur, RumChata released a version that tastes like peppermint bark and now Trader Joe’s eggnog liqueur is on the scene with all of the sweet, creamy flavor you crave from traditional eggnog—with a twist.
What Is Trader Joe’s Eggnog Liqueur?
It’s a blend of spiced rum and brandy along with cinnamon and pure cream.
- If you’ve been keeping up with Dunkin’ lately, you’ll know plenty of goodies have rolled out just in time for the holidays. We got a taste of the 2020 holiday menu as early as November 2, and they’re still selling Pumpkin Spice Lattes for those of you who can’t kick the PSL craving. But the most exciting holiday item from Dunkin’ isn’t actually something you can eat—it’s something you can smell.
That’s right, Dunkin’ and candle cr
- We may only be a few days into December, but I’d be lying if I said my excitement for Christmas hasn’t absolutely skyrocketed. I mean, my housemates and I have already begun piling presents under our brightly decorated Christmas tree! Now all we can think about is relaxing in our living room with our coziest blankets, favorite holiday movies and delicious cups of hot cocoa.
While some may prefer a classic cup of hot chocolate with no gimmicks, I can’t agree. That’s why Ta
- If you’ve been keeping up with Wendy’s this year, you’ll know they haven’t slowed down, even for a pandemic. In 2020 alone, the chain rolled out a nationwide breakfast menu, a new rewards program and a crumbly, cookie-topped Frosty sundae. Of course, that’s not all Wendy’s has up their sleeve—we haven’t even grazed the free goodies they reward us with every couple months.
This month, Wendy’s is thanking you for your loyalty in the tastiest wa
- Throughout the eight days of Hanukkah, Jewish families like mine celebrate by eating latkes (fried potato pancakes) and sufganiyot (fried jelly doughnuts). Notice a theme?
Traditional Hanukkah foods are often fried because they’re reminders of the oil in the legendary Hanukkah story. Here’s a guide to these and other traditional Hanukkah foods, as well as their significance.
What is Hanukkah?
Hanukkah, also known as the Festival of Lights, is a Jewish holiday that celebrates the anci
- Dark Chocolate Orange
What says Christmas more than a chocolate-covered orange? Shaped just like the real deal, this chocolate candy will bring on the nostalgia. Pair this treat with one of these chocolate orange dessert ideas, like these chocolate orange cookies or orange-almond logs, to round out this sweet stocking.
The post 12 Trader Joe’s Stocking Stuffers for Anyone on Your List appeared first on Taste of Home.
- At my house, crescent rolls are a staple. I bake them up as-is for a quick dinner roll, use them as a crust on a makeshift potpie or even pop open a tube or two for these appetizer recipes. These rolls are just a great canvas for so many easy dishes.
Like most folks, I rely on the same brand for my favorite shortcut recipes over and over again. That’s right: I always buy Pillsbury crescent rolls. I don’t want to mess up my family’s favorite veggie pizza by buying another brand
- There’s no doubt that peppermint-chocolate is the flavor combo of the holiday season. Luckily we can enjoy it in everything from peppermint chocolate coffee all the way to homemade hot cocoa bombs loaded with crushed candy canes and mini marshmallows. Even ice cream fans can delight in the taste of the season thanks to Dairy Queen’s latest returning holiday treat.
Warm up and Cool Down
The prodigal Peppermint Hot Cocoa Blizzard tastes just like a cup of minty hot cocoa. Inside y
- Sheet-pan dinners are a busy cook's dream with quick prep and easy cleanup. This sheet-pan jambalaya is a healthy twist on a classic that uses cauliflower rice for a lower-carb supper. —Julie Peterson, Crofton, MarylandTotal Time Prep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. Makes 4 servingsIngredients 1 medium onion, chopped1 medium green pepper, chopped2 celery ribs, chopped4 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces2 fully cooked andouille sausage links, sliced4 garlic cloves, min
- Giving chocolate coins to children, and sometimes teachers, for Hanukkah is a long-standing tradition. This homemade gelt recipe uses a miniature muffin pan to mold the coins into shape. The sliced almonds add a nice crunch. —Taste of Home Test KitchenTotal Time Prep: 10 min. + chilling Makes 3 dozenIngredients 2 teaspoons canola oil3 (3-1/2 ounces each) dark chocolate candy bars, melted1/4 cup sliced almonds, finely chopped Text Ingredients View RecipeDirections Brush miniature muffin cu
- Cream cheese adds richness to these holiday cutout cookies. Decorate them with royal icing or your favorite buttercream frosting and toppings. —Taste of Home Test KitchenTotal Time Prep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling Makes about 3-1/2 dozenIngredients 2 cups butter, softened1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened2-1/2 cups sugar1 large egg, room temperature1/2 teaspoon almond extract4-1/2 cups all-purpose flourICING:3-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar1/3 cup water4 teas
- When I asked my grandmother how old this classic potato salad recipe is, she told me that her mom used to make it when she was a little girl. It has definitely stood the test of time. —Kimberly Wallace, Dennison, OhioTotal Time Prep: 25 min. Cook: 20 min. + chilling Makes 10 servingsIngredients 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed1/4 cup all-purpose flour1 tablespoon sugar1-1/2 teaspoons salt1 teaspoon ground mustard1 teaspoon pepper3/4 cup water2 large eggs, beaten1/4 cup white vinegar4 h
- Eating just one of these healthy chocolate date energy balls satisfies my sweet tooth without added refined sugar. My recipe is a spinoff of an energy ball my daughter made for me when I was testing for my taekwondo black belt. —Barbara Estabrook, Appleton, WisconsinTotal Time Prep: 20 min. + chilling Makes 1 dozenIngredients 1-1/4 cups pitted Medjool dates, roughly chopped3 ounces 60% bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped1/4 cup dried unsweetened tart cherries, chopped1/4 cup deluxe mi
- I created this challah bread pudding recipe after my mother-in-law told me that she liked bread pudding. I was on a mission to create a version that was so good she'd ask me for the recipe. It worked! This can be served for breakfast, brunch or dessert. —Marsha Ketaner, Henderson, NevadaTotal Time Prep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. Makes 16 servingsIngredients 1 cup sugar1 cup packed brown sugar7 large eggs1/2 cup butter, melted2 cans (12 ounces each) evaporated milk2 cups half-and-half cream1 t
- Triple Nut SnowballsThis super-crunchy, not-too-sweet cookie is a fun update on the classic snowball. I used cashews, macadamia nuts and pecans, but you can mix and match other nuts to your liking. —Thomas Faglon, Somerset, New JerseyGet Recipe
The post 25 Snowball Cookies Perfect for Your Holiday Treat Tray appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Macadamia & Coconut CaramelsI collect cookbooks from all over the world and use them to create new dishes. These smooth caramels have a scrumptious and exotic flavor. —Sharon Delaney-Chronis, South Milwaukee, WisconsinGet Recipe
Before you start on these recipes, be sure to read up on our best caramel making tips.
The post 16 Homemade Caramel Candy Recipes appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Pasta Fagioli SoupMy husband enjoys my version of this dish so much that he doesn’t order it at restaurants anymore. With fresh spinach, pasta and seasoned sausage, this fast-to-fix soup is a meal on its own. —Brenda Thomas, Springfield, MissouriGet Recipe
The post 75 Ways to Cook Elbow Macaroni appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Candy ThermometerNot using a candy thermometer is the first mistake many budding candy makers commit, according to our Executive Culinary Director Sarah Farmer. This handy implement can measure up to 400°F and allows you to check the temperature and the stage of the cooking sugar solution. This is important when a few degrees of difference can turn your nougat into taffy!
Why it made our list: This digital thermometer with easy digital readout, comes with pre-programmed settings for all kin
- Potato chips might seem like a simple snack, but Lay’s always takes them to the next level with their inventive flavors. Just recently, Lay’s launched a line of chips inspired by restaurants, and we can’t forget about their Fried Pickles with Ranch chips flavor that rocked our taste buds over the summer. But why limit chips to only salty or savory flavors?
Sometimes, you might be looking for something sweet and crunchy to snack on, and Lay’s new chip flavor will hit
- With so much going on in the world right now, it’s easy to want to let our minds wander to more pleasant things. You know, like Starbucks’ highly-coveted holiday menu, or their undeniably adorable holiday merch. However, that’s not what we’re focusing on right now. Instead, we want to feature how Starbucks has decided to give appreciation to our front-line healthcare workers for their undying dedication and hard work.
Earlier this year, Starbucks highlighted the undertaki
- The post Your Go-To McDonald’s Order Based on Your Zodiac Sign appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Organized Snack Container
Organized people wouldn’t dream of packing their lunch in a messy paper bag! Give them the PackIt Multi Flex Bento container to keep their lunch nice and tidy. Food stays separated with two flexible dividers and one dip cup for sauces or salad dressing.
The post 10 Gifts for Organization Addicts appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Sunday: Zippy Chicken EnchiladasLeftover chicken gets an awesome makeover in this rich and creamy casserole. This colorful dish is loaded with flavor. It’s a nice change of pace from beef enchiladas. —Julie Moutray, Wichita, KansasGet Recipe
The post A 7-Day Meal Plan of Freezer Meals appeared first on Taste of Home.
- Starbucks is proving that cool drinks can be enjoyed year-round. Just when we thought the chain was done rounding out their holiday menu, this Irish Cream Cold Brew is the prodigal surprise we didn’t know we needed! (At least something can supplement the loss of the Gingerbread Latte, eh?)
The Irish Cream Cold Brew is back for 2020, and it’s already earning rave reviews from fans on Instagram. We’re ready to order one, too.
What’s in the Irish Cream Cold Brew?
- Upside-Down Christmas Tree Mug
The holidays don’t get any cuter (or cozier) than this! You can snag this adorable mug for around $8 on eBay, which is a total steal considering how gorgeous it is. It even comes with a lid so you can set it upside down and just enjoy the snowy atmosphere that won’t clash with the rest of your holiday decor. Aw!
The post 14 Christmas Gifts for Your Sister appeared first on Taste of Home.
Follow @RecipesUKnews on Twitter!