- July is just around the corner, and Pokemon Go developer Niantic has outlined a number of events it has lined up for the popular mobile game over the next few weeks. In addition to the weekly challenges being held in the lead up to Pokemon Go Fest 2020, July will bring a new Legendary Pokemon, Kyurem, to the game, as well as a new Research Breakthrough reward encounter and more.July Research Breakthrough RewardOn top of a new batch of Field Research tasks to complete, there will be a new Researc
- Deathloop, the upcoming PlayStation 5 and PC title from Arkane, is going to be a violent experience. You'll play as Colt, who is being hunted by and has to take down multiple assassins, and naturally you're going to kill a lot of people. As such, a lot of the game's art and marketing so far has featured weapons and people wielding them.However, the latest concept art shown off on the game's Twitter account is much calmer, and focuses on some of the interior designs the team has worked up for the
- Games for Change has announced the 2020 awards recipients following a virtual ceremony. The big winner was Media Molecule, but the socially conscious-focused awards gave accolades to games across several categories. This marks the 17th year for the awards, which honors game developers who strive to make a social impact through immersive media.Media Molecule's Dreams was awarded Game of the Year along with the Most Innovative award. Sky: Children of Light was the second-most awarded game, taking
- We’ve got a first look at the box art for new Xbox games, Stadia is getting Sekiro and some new exclusives, and Civilization 6 is adding Ethiopia in the next DLC pack.
- EA Sports has published its latest "Gridiron Notes" blog post for Madden NFL 21, this time covering what's new in terms of offensive and defensive playbooks, and improvements to AI. Additionally, EA is promising more substantial regular updates to this year's game.Starting with the new playbooks, the Live Playbooks feature from Madden 20 is coming to Madden 21 with a 2.0 version. Like last year, Live Playbooks are updates to the playbooks to reflect what happens in the real NFL, and EA is promis
- Dragon's Dogma, the Capcom RPG that launched on Xbox 360 and PS3 before eventually coming (as the upgraded Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen) to PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Switch, is releasing an anime adaptation soon. The anime, which was announced by Netflix in March 2019, is coming to Netflix on September 17.Netflix has announced the release date alongside a first-look poster and a single sentence of description. "Only the Arisen can face the Dragon and defeat the apocalypse," the announcement tweet re
- Mexico's government said on Tuesday it had sent a plane to Spain to facilitate the extradition of former Petroleos Mexicanos boss Emilio Lozoya, who is wanted on corruption charges that could engulf leaders of the prior administration.The plane would arrive in Spain after a 13-1/2-hour flight and a stop in Canada, the attorney general's office said in a statement.It would return with Lozoya once the necessary administrative procedures had been completed, it added.
- A freshman Kansas congressman who had listed a UPS Inc. store as his residence on a voter registration form was charged Tuesday with three felonies, including illegal voting.Republican Rep. Steve Watkins is accused of voting illegally in advance in the 2019 local city and school board election, voting when not qualified and interfering with law enforcement by providing false information.District Attorney Mike Kagay also filed a misdemeanor charge of failing to notify the state Division of Vehicl
- After some less-than-optimal news earlier this year regarding the impact of COVID-19, the developers of Dragon Age writer David Gaider's new game have shared an update on how Chorus: An Adventure Musical is shaping up. Summerfall Studios' Liam Esler wrote in an update to the game's crowdfunding page that the team remains "very heads down" as it works on "early production" elements of the game."The difficult thing with early production is there's not a lot that we can show, as a lot of it is prep
- The Sims 4 has detailed its next piece of DLC, and its focused on knitting. The Sims 4: Nifty Knitting is a new Stuff Pack, which Sims fans were able to vote on back in March 2019. The DLC will arrive for PC, PS4, and Xbox One on July 28.The trailer below shows off how many items your Sims will be able to knit, but it goes deeper than that. You'll be able to design your knitting studio, and you can buy and sell your creations for Simoleons through Plopsy, an in-game marketplace.The pack will als
- This past weekend's Call of Duty League event was a huge success in terms of viewership numbers. Activision announced that the New York Subliners Home Series reached the highest viewership of the entire season for YouTube, with around 115,000 people watching at its peak.The number doesn't count other viewership sources, so the total number of viewers is likely higher. Whatever the case, 115,000 surpasses the previous record of 113,000 peak viewers from the Atlanta Home Series.The Call of Duty Le
- Dalit scholar Anand Teltumbde turns 70 in a Mumbai prison amid growing calls to free him.
- EA Sports is revealing the Madden NFL 21 player ratings this week through ESPN, and that continued on Tuesday with the announcement of the game's next 99-rated player and more.Joining Patrick Mahomes in the elusive 99-club is none other than the 24-year-old running back/receiver Christian McCaffrey from the Carolina Panthers.McCaffrey also earned a 99 rating in Madden NFL 20, but it took 10 games for the Madden ratings adjusters to boost his rating to the highest level in the game. This year, he
White House Orders Hospitals to Bypass CDC Even as Agency Director Prepares for ‘the Most Difficult Times’The White House is now requiring hospitals around the country to change how they report data on COVID-19 patients in a move that effectively bypasses the nation’s largest public health agency. In a letter from the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), the agency mandated that hospitals send information on their COVID-19 patients directly to a database managed by HHS rather than the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The order outlining the alterationclaims it will h
- Ginsburg's health has been the subject of conversation among court-watchers for years, and more so as President Trump's first term draws to a close.
- The 87-year-old undergoes a procedure to clean out a bile duct stent in Baltimore's hospital.
- Death Stranding has one main collectible in the form of memory chips. There are 56 total memory chips available to collect. You can donate memory chips to delivery terminals around the game world to upload and view their data. Restoring your first memory chip will grant you the trophy or achievement "A Thirst for Knowledge," while restoring all 56 memory chips will grant you the "Fount of Knowledge" trophy or achievement. You can come across most memory chips while exploring the world, but some
- Maybe the trout will be running this week for Fox News' Tucker Carlson.In only one case — Bill O’Reilly’s trip to Europe following reports of sexual misconduct settlements with women — did the vacation become permanent.Carlson said that the online comments by former writer Blake Neff were wrong, but had nothing to do with his show.
- The US Postal Service is in a financial crisis, and is now instructing workers to avoid logging overtime — even if it means leaving mail behind.
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg was being treated for a possible infection and was expected to stay in the hospital for a few days following a medical procedure, the Supreme Court said in a statement Tuesday.The court said that the 87-year-old Ginsburg went to a hospital in Washington on Monday evening after experiencing fever and chills.Ginsburg spent a night in the hospital in May with an infection caused by a gallstone.
Former veteran hospital nursing assistant pleads guilty to murder charges in string of insulin deathsReta Mays was charged with seven counts of second-degree murder.
Donald Trump Jr., Ted Cruz, and other top Republicans praise New York Times editor Bari Weiss' resignation letter slamming the paperDonald Trump Jr. claimed Weiss' resignation exposed the "rampant attacks on anyone who breaks from the far-left narrative."
- Like Flick, the chipper C.J. is one of the many special visitors who will periodically stop by your island in Animal Crossing: New Horizons. Whereas Flick will buy your bugs and craft bug models for you, C.J. is all about seasports, and he'll purchase any fish you're willing to sell at a higher price than you'd normally get at Nook's Cranny, making his visits a great chance to earn bells. But when exactly does C.J. show up, and how do you get fish models?When Does C.J. Show Up?Like most other An
- At least some of the Confederate monuments that have been recently removed from places of prominence in Richmond, Virginia, are being stored on the grounds of a waste water treatment plant, photographs show.Photos taken this week by The Associated Press and Richmond Times-Dispatch show a collection of statues and other large objects under tarps at the facility just outside the city's downtown.On July 1, Mayor Levar Stoney ordered the immediate removal of all Confederate statues on city property
- Frustrated, some Republicans have become anti-Trumpers: ‘This guy couldn’t lead his way out of a wet frickin’ paper bag’The anti-Trumpers are at it again – only this time, they’re Republicans.Kevin, a lifelong Republican voter and pastor from Arizona, says he voted for Trump in 2016 “with high hopes for the future”. He knew that Trump didn’t have the same political experience as the other contenders, but he was optimistic he could grow into h
- Following weeks of nationwide protests over a spate of police killings of Black people, President Donald Trump has claimed that “more white people” actually die at the hands of law enforcement.The president made the comment after appearing to briefly lose it when asked about the hot button topic in a CBS News interview.“Why are African-Americans still dying at the hands of law enforcement in this country?” host Catherine Herridge asked, prompting the president to immediat
- William Marcus Wilson believed he was standing his ground when he fired at a pickup truck he says was trying to run his car off the road as he drove home with his girlfriend one night last month.
- A report concluded that the unexpected deployment of a T-11R reserve parachute led to the death of Staff Sgt. Cole Condiff.
- Vanessa Guillen, 20, a soldier, disappeared from Fort Hood in Texas on April 22, sparking a search and international attention.
- The administration has taken few steps to help people gain coverage after massive job losses caused millions to lose their plans amid the coronavirus.
Follow @GamesUKnews on Twitter!