- Pokemon Sword and Shield are finally available on Nintendo Switch, and to celebrate their release, Nintendo is holding a Pokemon-themed Spirit Board event in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate this week. The event kicks off on Thursday, November 21, and introduces a handful of new Pokemon Spirits to collect in the fighting game.From November 21-26, four new Pokemon Spirits will appear on the Spirit Board. Not only will defeating these add them to your collection, you'll also earn more Spirit Points than
- The Final Fantasy 7 Remake is just days away now, and if you plan to get it digitally through the PlayStation Store you can start downloading the game now. Square Enix announced that pre-loading is now available, letting you have it all ready to go in time for launch day. Pre-ordering digitally also nets you a PS4 theme.Digital may well be the way to go for the Final Fantasy 7 Remake, as physical copies appear to be hard to come by in some territories, in part due to supply disruptions caused by
- The streaming service Quibi has launched today, April 6, with a variety of original shows making use of its short-form video format. All videos and episodes will be no longer than 10 minutes, making it perfect for things like sketch comedy and anthology shows. The horror anthology 50 States of Fright releases next week, and the full trailer has been released.As the title suggests, the show revolves around urban legends from all over the US. The trailer is basically just a quickly cut montage of
- With its start as a competitor to Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto, the Saints Row series eventually found its identity as a self-aware and more humorous take on the AAA open-world game. While Saints Row IV saw the game at its most absurd, injecting superhuman powers and a plot involving alien invaders, the third game balanced its over-the-top and zany action with a more grounded narrative about the titular gang becoming a franchise, and was all the weirder for it. And now, Volition and Deep Sil
- Saints Row: The Third Remastered is coming to PC, PS4, and Xbox One on May 22. This enhanced port of Volition's over-the-top and hyper-stylized open-world game features all the game's DLC and expansions, along with upgraded visuals that shows off the city of Steelport in a new way.
- The Animal Crossing: New Horizons community has been up to its stylish haircuts in eggs over the last week, and a new update to the game calms it down with the egg output. Though the English patch notes for version 1.1.4 haven't been released, the Japanese update says it adjusts Bunny Day egg drop rates, and we can't imagine that means there will be more eggs.Siliconera reports that the new egg rate will go into effect until April 11. Then on Bunny Day (aka Easter) proper, April 12, eggs will be
- While the term “warfare” is a useful metaphor for the kind of mobilization necessary to save lives in this crisis, it’s not a useful way to think about the primary responsibility of ordinary citizens right now, which is to stay at home.
- Final Fantasy 7 is one of the most beloved games in Square Enix's catalog, and this week it finally gets its long-awaited remake. The Final Fantasy 7 Remake is just the first part of the story, with more entries to come in the future. That has left some wondering if this entry would feel like a complete package, and the answer from critics is in.The consensus is a resounding yes. Critics agree that despite the limited scope, FF7 Remake is a complete work in its own right and a loving tribute to
‘Who gets the kids?' I took an oath to serve my patients. My family didn’t, but we’re all in this together.A doctor treating COVID-19 patients sits down with her husband to make a will.
'Who gets the kids?' I took an oath to serve my patients. My family didn't, but we're all in this together.A doctor treating COVID-19 patients sits down with her husband to make a will.
- Iranian health ministry spokesman Kianush Jahanpur on Sunday criticized Chinese government statistics on the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak, appearing to blame those statistics for other countries' slow response to the emerging pandemic."It seems statistics from China [were] a bitter joke, because many in the world thought this is just like influenza, with fewer deaths," Jahanpur said during a video conference in remarks translated by Radio Farda. "This [impression] were based on reports from China
- The measures aim to avert a major outbreak in its major cities but fall short of a lockdown.
Boris Johnson's government reportedly believes the coronavirus may have accidentally leaked from a Chinese laboratory"Perhaps it is no coincidence that there is that laboratory in Wuhan," one UK government official told the Mail on Sunday.
- Japan's prime minister proposed a state of emergency for several major regions seeing a sharp rise in coronavirus cases, as well as a stimulus package worth $1 trillion to cushion the impact on the world's third-biggest economy.The official declaration of the state of emergency would likely come as soon as Tuesday, Shinzo Abe told reporters, as the country grapples with a recent spike in coronavirus cases, especially in the capital Tokyo.
- (Bloomberg) -- Germany and Spain reported lower numbers of new cases, a tentative sign that lockdown measures are easing the outbreak. JPMorgan Chase & Co. Chief Executive Officer Jamie Dimon said he expects the fallout to include a major economic downturn and stress similar to the crisis that almost brought down the U.S. financial system in 2008.Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said he’ll propose a state of emergency in prefectures including Tokyo and Osaka for about a month, after
- Julie Maa says her father died of coronavirus after a disembarking delay on the Coral Princess, while her mother is still aboard with symptoms.
China is trying to relax its severe coronavirus lockdown, but a series of forced re-closures shows how hard it is to get back to normalChina — which is deeper than any other country in its coronavirus response — is struggling to snap back to reality. Others will likely struggle too.
- “We will be with our friends again; we will be with our families again; we will meet again,” the queen said, echoing a World War II-era song.
- (Bloomberg) -- The deadly coronavirus may infect as many as 95,000 people in Indonesia by next month before easing, a minister said, as authorities ordered people to wear face masks to contain the pandemic.The dire forecast, which came as the country reported its biggest daily spike in confirmed cases, is based on a projection by the nation’s intelligence agency, University of Indonesia and Bandung Institute of Technology, Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati told lawmakers in Jakarta. T
- India may 'reconsider' a ban on exporting hydroxychloroquine after a call from the US President.
- The coronavirus threatened Americans with their hardest week in memory on Monday and put Britain's prime minister in hospital, despite early signs that some of Europe's hardest-hit countries may be turning a corner.Japan announced an imminent state of emergency and a trillion-dollar stimulus package, after the US surgeon general compared the likely impact of the epidemic in the week ahead to 9/11 or Pearl Harbor.In London, virus-stricken Prime Minister Boris Johnson spent the night in hospital f
- The outbreak of the coronavirus has dealt a shock to the global economy with unprecedented speed.Following are developments on Monday related to the global economy, the work place and the spread of the virus.CENTRAL BANKS AND GOVERNMENT: Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe is preparing to announce a 108 trillion yen ($1 trillion) economic package to help the country weather the coronavirus crisis.
- "It's going to be the hardest moment for many Americans in their entire lives," Surgeon General Jerome Adams said on MSNBC's Meet the Press.
- Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe plans to announce a state of emergency as soon as Tuesday in several parts of the country, including Tokyo, where coronavirus infections are spiking.The declaration is not nationwide.Abe said Monday it would cover Tokyo, as well as neighbouring Chiba, Kanagawa and Saitama, the western hub of Osaka and neighbouring Hyogo, as well as the southwestern region of Fukuoka.
- (Bloomberg) -- Germany and Spain reported lower numbers of new cases, a tentative sign that lockdown measures are easing the outbreak. Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said he will propose a state of emergency in prefectures including Tokyo and Osaka for about a month, after a renewed surge in coronavirus infections.U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson was hospitalized as a precaution, after struggling to recover from the infection he contracted.Stock markets rallied after U.S. President Donald T
3 countries have started to slow the coronavirus with total lockdowns. Here's how long they took to work.Lockdown measures in Italy, Spain and France appear to be bearing fruit after three weeks, with daily death tolls beginning to decline.
- Japan's prime minister Monday proposed a state of emergency for several major regions seeing a sharp rise in coronavirus cases, as well as a stimulus package worth $1 trillion to cushion the impact on the world's third-biggest economy.The official declaration of the state of emergency would likely come as soon as Tuesday, Shinzo Abe told reporters, as the country grapples with a recent spike in coronavirus cases, especially in the capital Tokyo."Currently, we are seeing rapid increases of new in
- India, like a lot of countries plunged into crisis by thepandemic, is struggling to ramp up testing for the coronavirus, but in few places would the odds of containing the disease appear so bleak should domestic transmission start to multiply.Since India's first case was confirmed on Jan. 30, they have only conducted 90,000 tests, having focused efforts on identifying people who had come in contact with anyone who has tested positive.Officials believe the three-week nationwide lockdown ordered b
- Since assuming office in January 2017, Mr. Trump has appointed 193 judges to the federal bench, a staggering figure with few recent precedents.
- Some of the best content and strongest materia upgrades are hidden away in Final Fantasy 7 Remake's side quests. Here's why it's in your best interest to see them through.
Follow @GamesUKnews on Twitter!