- July 4th will be quieter than usual this year, thanks to COVID-19. Many U.S. cities are canceling fireworks displays to avoid drawing large crowds that could promote the spread of coronavirus. But President Trump is planning to stage a celebration at Mount Rushmore National Memorial in South Dakota on July 3. It’s easy to see why an Independence Day event at a national memorial featuring the carved faces of George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt would s
- As China enforces new restrictions, some are turning to their British National (Overseas) passport.
- Daniel Gold, who led the team that invented Israel's Iron Dome missile defence system, has a history of safeguarding the country against what he identifies as existential threats.With the nation facing surging coronavirus cases amid a pandemic that has triggered unprecedented economic hardship, Gold is trying to replicate his Iron Dome breakthrough in protecting Israel against the virus.Gold, who heads Israel's Defence Research and Development Directorate and holds PhDs in electronic engineering
- The White House has undertaken behind-the-scenes efforts in recent months to undercut and sideline Dr. Anthony Fauci—even going so far as to compile a list of all the times he “has been wrong on things,” according to The Washington Post. After canceling some of his planned TV appearances and keeping him away from the Oval Office, White House officials and President Trump have taken to publicly expressing a loss of confidence in the director of the National Institute of Allergy
- A fire early Saturday destroyed the rooftop and most of the interior of a Catholic church in California that was undergoing renovation to mark its upcoming 250th anniversary celebration.Fire alarms at the San Gabriel Mission rang around 4 a.m., and when firefighters arrived they saw smoke rising from the wooden rooftop in one corner of the historic structure, San Gabriel Fire Capt. Paul Negrete said.He said firefighters entered the church and tried to beat back the flames, but they had to retrea
- Two police officers were shot and killed Saturday in a South Texas border town after reportedly responding to a disturbance call, authorities said.The McAllen police officers were shot on the south side of the city and transported to an area hospital, said Lt. Christopher Olivarez, spokesman for the Texas Department of Public Safety.“We have lost two brave public servants who sought only to keep peace in our City," McAllen Police Chief Victor Rodriguez told The (McAllen) Monitor.
- Protesters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, confronted police in riot gear during a Black Lives Matter demonstration on July 11.Marchers chanted for Antwon Rose on Saturday to commemorate what would have been his 19th birthday. Rose was shot and killed by a Pittsburgh police officer in 2018. He was also celebrated on Juneteenth 2020.Footage posted by 1 Hood Media shows protesters demanding answers from police in riot gear. According to reports, the peaceful protests were organized for the Black Live
- Serge Hascoet, Yannis Mallat, and Cecile Cornet--three senior executives at Ubisoft--are stepping down amidst widespread accusations of abuse and promotion of a toxic work culture levelled at the company and these specific individuals.In a statement issued to GameSpot, Ubisoft confirmed the departures, saying that Hascoet has "chosen to resign from his position as chief creative officer, effective immediately." Although he may not be as public-facing as other Ubisoft executives, Hascoet held sig
- Serge Hascoet, Yannis Mallat, and Cecile Cornet--three senior executives at Ubisoft--are leaving the company amidst widespread accusations of abuse and promotion of a toxic work culture levelled at the company and these specific individuals.In a statement issued to CNN's Shannon Liao, Ubisoft confirmed the departures, saying that Hascoet has "chosen to resign from his position as chief creative officer, effective immediately." Although he may not be as public-facing as other Ubisoft executives,
Health department shuts down production at Dov Charney's clothing company, Los Angeles Apparel, after 'flagrant' health violations and death of 4 workersLos Angeles Apparel refused to comply with public health orders, officials say after more than 300 employees are infected with the coronavirus.
- A federal appeals court on Friday delayed a decision to dismiss charges against President Trump's former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. CBS News chief Washington correspondent Major Garrett and CBS News senior investigative correspondent Catherine Herridge join Elaine Quijano to discuss.
- The American dentist who killed Cecil the lion is reported to have hunted another endangered wild animal.Walter Palmer is said to have slaughtered a protected ram in Mongolia, paying up to £80,000 for the kill.
- On 8 June protesters set up a police-free protest zone in the city. Less than a month later, it had been dismantled.
- Police are looking for three suspects caught on camera attacking a man in the Bronx.
- Wyandotte County jail records show Howard Jansen III was booked Friday night on suspicion of first-degree murder and abuse of a child. Formal charges have not been filed. Early Saturday morning, Wyandotte County jail records indicate Jacqulyn Kirkpatrick was booked on suspicion of first-degree murder and abuse of a child.
Shooting of man by Baltimore police highlights 'total failure' of city's behavioral health response, agency saysBALTIMORE - After Baltimore police officers shot a man who pulled a firearm while undergoing a behavioral health crisis last week, the organization that oversees the city's behavioral health services called the current system "a total failure" that needs better integration of mental health professionals with the police. There is no indication that police dispatchers attempted to connect ...
- Fox News condemns "horrific racist, misogynistic and homophobic behavior" by "Tucker Carlson Tonight" writer Blake Neff, who has resigned.
- Visitors are required to wear masks, socially distance and have temperature checks on arrival.
Jeff Sessions swings back at Trump for 'juvenile insults' as fight for political future looms in AlabamaFormer Attorney General Jeff Sessions lashed out Saturday at President Donald Trump after his onetime ally launched another salvo ahead of the Republican Senate primary run-off on Tuesday in Alabama. Sessions, whom Trump has derided as "Mr. Magoo," touted himself as a trusted and independent conservative. "My honor and integrity are far more important than these juvenile insults," Sessions ...
- Four lanes of road separated Black Lives Matter protesters and protesters supporting police Saturday afternoon in Parkland.
- The number of migrants rescued by Border Patrol agents in the Arizona desert so far this year has already surpassed the total for fiscal year 2019.
- Local reports say the seven-day average of COVID-19 cases is nearly six times what it was in early April
- A day ahead of Ubisoft Forward, a deleted ad on Instagram has leaked the release date for Assassin's Creed Valhalla. The Viking-themed installment will launch on November 17 on Xbox One, PS4, and PC.The ad, which was posted by the game's official Italian account, showed no new gameplay but did end with the release date front and center. We've known since its reveal that Valhalla was scheduled to launch sometime this year, but now we have an exact date.Ubisoft has struggled containing its announc
- The first gameplay footage of Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass has debuted during the Devolver Digital Direct stream, showing off upcoming game's wild, chaotic violence. It looks a lot like previous games in the series, with a lot of enemies on screen at once, but with updated graphics.You'll once again be playing as Sam "Serious" Stone, the leader of the Earth Defense Force (no relation). This is a prequel, and the focus is yet again on strafing and backing away from enormous hordes while firing ev
- Revealed during the Devolver Showcase, Skeleton Crew Studio's Olija is set to launch for PC and Nintendo Switch later in 2020. A demo is available now on Steam, giving you a slice of its 2D action to try ahead of its release. Before its reveal, I had the chance to dive into the game with an exclusive demo for GameSpot, learning about it's crunchy combat, ambiguous and mysterious themes, and the cursed harpoon at the center of it all.Olija is a 2D action platformer with equal measures of fast-pac
- We take on a level in an upcoming 2D adventure game Olija, taking down enemies with our trusty harpoon.
- In this GameSpot exclusive for Devolver Digital's reverse-horror game, Carrion, we have an extended look at the game's grotesque and over-the-top action where you play as a mutating blob on the loose in a secret facility filled with unsuspecting humans. Launching on July 23 for PC, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch, Carrion is a unique horror game that puts you the role of the monster who has to wipe out everything in its path.
- Carrion's release date has been revealed during the Devolver Digital Direct stream, and like a hideous monster stalking the ceiling grate above you while you monologue with tremendous hubris about how this room is the only safe area in the facility, it's much closer than you might think.Carrion will launch for Switch, Xbox One, and PC on July 23. A demo is available on Steam right now. A physical edition will come to Switch eventually, too.GameSpot has an exclusive look at the first 25 minutes o
- Announced earlier this week, the Devolver Direct has revealed our first look at gameplay for Shadow Warrior 3, the latest over-the-top first-person shooter from developer Flying Wild Hog. This story is developing.
Thousands of US pediatricians warn against reopening schools for in-person learning after Trump's push against CDC guidelinesThe American Academy of Pediatrics said officials looking to reopen schools must follow "science" and "evidence, not politics."
Follow @GamesUKnews on Twitter!