- Mexico on Sunday invited the FBI to participate in the investigation of an attack in its north that killed nine dual citizens of the United States and Mexico.The Foreign Ministry said it made the invitation through a diplomatic note to the U.S. embassy in Mexico.On Monday, gunmen killed three women and six children from a breakaway Mormon community in northern Mexico, prompting U.S. President Donald Trump to offer President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador help in wiping out drug gangs he blamed for
- After a galaxy's worth of hype, The Mandalorian--the first live-action Star Wars TV show--has arrived on Disney+. The series, from creator Jon Favreau, was a launch title for Disney's new streaming service and practically everything about the series was kept top secret. Now, though, Disney+ is here, and with it the first episode of The Mandalorian has premiered.As far as first episodes go, The Mandalorian is a bit of a mixed bag. It manages to set up the ongoing plot of the series, introduce a f
- 1. Meet Captain Carter and friends.
Disney+ wound up dropping a bit before schedule on the evening of November 11, rewarding fans who were willing to stay up late on their Monday night with their first taste of the brand new streaming service. The first episode of the first live-action Star Wars show, The Mandalorian has finally arrived, as well as a whole slew of classic Marvel content from the MCU and beyond--but mixed in with the highly anticipated titles and the classic fair was a mysterious
- Tour operators and the Japanese ambassador to the Solomons say it appears to be a case of a lack of understanding of the significance of the Alligator Creek site by the new owner.The issue has stirred up debate in the Solomons concerning its new relationship with China, which was formalized in September following the Pacific island nation's decision to sever its diplomatic ties with Taiwan in favor of Beijing.
- Gaza's Hamas rulers are threatening to avenge the targeted killing of a top commander from the smaller Islamic Jihad group in the coastal strip.With Egyptian, Qatari and U.N. efforts, Hamas has mostly abided by an unofficial truce with Israel in recent months.Meanwhile, the Islamic Johad in Gaza says a member of its leadership survived an Israeli airstrike in Damascus earlier in the morning.
- (Bloomberg) -- Three theater performers were stabbed during a live performance in the Saudi capital, Riyadh, police said early on Tuesday.The assailant, a 33-year-old Yemeni resident, stormed the stage and stabbed a woman and two men, a police spokesman was cited as saying by the state-run Saudi Press Agency. The performers were treated for superficial wounds and are in stable condition. Police apprehended the assailant, the spokesman said. The nationality of the victims is still unknown.Read: T
- Hong Kong protesters struck the city's transport network for a second day running on Tuesday as western powers voiced concern over spiralling violence after police shot a young demonstrator and another man was set on fire.The flare-up is the latest in the 24 straight weeks of increasingly violent rallies in Hong Kong, aimed at securing greater democratic freedoms from China.Small bands of masked protesters blocked roads, threw objects onto rail tracks and held up subway trains, sparking cat-and-
- NUR-SULTAN (Reuters) - Kazakhstan's former president, Nursultan Nazarbayev, is trying to arrange a one-on-one meeting between Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Ukrainian counterpart, Volodymyr Zelenskiy, Nazarbayev said on Tuesday.Such a meeting, if it took place, would represent a breakthrough in two-way ties strained for years by armed conflict between the Kiev government and pro-Russian separatists in eastern Ukraine."Zelenskiy has already agreed to a tete-a-tete, and (I have) informed
- Much of the snow that was supposed to fall in the Midwest has come down and now it's time for the main event: Record-breaking cold.The National Weather Service said Tuesday and Wednesday may see record cold from the southern Plains to the Mississippi Valley to the Great Lakes and beyond, thanks to what it calls an "arctic airmass" that started in Siberia and has been spilling over a big chunk of the Midwest and East Coast.There will still be plenty of snow into Tuesday in parts of the Northeast
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening, the latest release in the Zelda series, is a gorgeous Switch remake of one of the very best Game Boy games. The game, which released on September 20 2019, isn't likely to see a huge discount any time soon, as Nintendo games tend to hold their prices for a long time. But you can save $10 on the game right now, netting you the game at a lower price than usual.You can currently get a used copy of the game in like-new condition for $49.94 with Amazon, meaning t
- Rockstar North, the developer of Grand Theft Auto and Red Dead Redemption, recently released Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC, giving us a glimpse at what the team might be able to do with next generation technology. Now current job listing on their website suggests that they're looking into the next generation very seriously, as they're currently seeking a programmer that can assist in building animation systems for a next generation open-world game.The listing, spotted by PlayStation Universe, is f
San Diego State University suspends 14 campus fraternities after 'devastating' death of freshman studentSan Diego State freshman Dylan Hernandez died after attending a fraternity event, the school announced Monday.
- Death Stranding is a game about forming bonds with many characters across the ruins of North America. As Sam Porter Bridges, you'll deliver various cargo to survivors to expand a communication network that will restore the United Cities of America, and reconnect its isolated citizens. It can be a daunting task, and you'll no doubt meet countless survivors--known as preppers--throughout your journey. However, there are a few hidden off the beaten path that can be easy to overlook. So if you're lo
- The 75-year-old Republican from New York has served in Congress since 2003
Trump impeachment: Security establishment said US military aid to Ukraine was vital, testifies top defence officialAmerica’s security establishment believed US military aid to Ukraine was vital and should not be jeopardised, a senior defence official told impeachment investigators probing Donald Trump.Laura Cooper, deputy assistant secretary of defence, told members of Congress that her department was “concerned” with delaying aid to Ukraine.
- Israeli forces killed Baha Abu Al-Atta, a field commander for the Palestinian militant group Islamic Jihad, in a predawn strike on his home in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, officials on both sides said.At least one other person, a woman, was also killed in the blast that ripped through the building in Gaza City's Shejaia district, medical officials said.In a statement, the Israeli military said Prime Minister and Defence Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had authorised the operation against Al-Atta, accu
- A substitute teacher has been fired and charged with aggravated assault following the beating of a 15-year-old female high school student in an incident captured on video.Tiffani Shadell Lankford is free on $10,000 bond after her arrest Friday afternoon.Video of last week's incident in a foreign-language class at Lehman High School in Kyle, Texas, about 20 miles (32 kilometers) south of Austin went viral.
- Congressional Republicans said on Monday that weeks of closed-door impeachment testimony have not established that U.S. President Donald Trump pressed Ukraine to investigate his political rivals for his own benefit or that he has committed an impeachable offense.As the Democratic-led investigation heads into a critical new public phase this week, Republican staff of the House of Representatives Intelligence, Oversight and Foreign Affairs committees released an 18-page memo to update party lawmak
- Why aren't more credibly accused Catholic priests in prison? Blame it on laws that don't allow enough time for abuse survivors to come forward
- We're just hours away from The Mandalorian arriving on Disney+--which launches on November 12. Before you get a chance to watch the newest entry into the Star Wars universe, you can check out a brand-new sneak peek, which debuted during Monday Night Football on ESPN.In the latest video, which you can see below, we get to see The Mandalorian spills someone's drink in a bar. Because of this, the owner of said drink is not happy, but what he doesn't realize is that this stranger can easily beat him
- GAZA/JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel killed a top commander from the Iranian-backed Palestinian militant group Islamic Jihad in a rare targeted strike in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, accusing him of carrying out a series of cross-border attacks and planning more.The slaying of Baha Abu Al-Atta in his home looked likely to pose a new challenge for Gaza's ruling Hamas faction, which has mostly tried to maintain a truce with Israel since a 2014 war.Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has cited suc
- GAZA/JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel killed a top commander from the Iranian-backed Palestinian militant group Islamic Jihad in a rare targeted strike in the Gaza Strip on Tuesday, while militants responded by firing rockets at Israeli cities, including Tel Aviv.In the most serious escalation in months, an Israeli missile attack also targeted the home of an Islamic Jihad official in Damascus, killing two people including one of his sons, Syrian state media said.Islamic Jihad said the target was the
- Between 2 and 6 inches of snow fell in northern Illinois, forcing the cancellation of about 1,200 flights at Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.The National Weather Service said Monday night that snowfall has ended in northern Illinois, but lake effect snow will persist in northern Indiana into early Tuesday.In addition to flight cancellations, O'Hare was plagued by delays that averaged 80 minutes.
- Former Bolivian President Evo Morales has tweeted that he is leaving Bolivia for Mexico, which has granted him asylum.Peruvian authorities said earlier Monday evening that a Mexican government plane had flown from Peru to pick up Morales, who resigned Sunday after weeks of social unrest over a disputed presidential election.In this tweet, Morales says: "I am leaving for Mexico, grateful for the openness of these brothers who offered us asylum to protect our life.
- Carrion, a reverse-horror game where you play as the monster, was first shown at GDC 2018 and is due to release in 2020. The game was announced as a PC release, and will be made available on Steam at launch. It casts you as a many-tentacled monster that smashes its way through the facility it was born in, killing the scientists that created you and destroying as much of the building as you can.Now the game has been announced for Xbox One as well, ahead of a playable demo being available at X019
- The streets of Need for Speed Heat's Palm City are full of races to join. Watch as we take on the Yoshikazu circuit and put the pedal to the metal.
- Both Democrats and Republicans see the televised impeachment hearings starting this week as their first and best opportunity to shape public opinion about President Donald Trump's dealings with Ukraine.Republicans say it will demonstrate just how lacking the evidence is for impeachment.Trump faces the prospect of being just the third American president impeached by the House of Representatives, a dubious distinction for a commander in chief facing reelection.
- A new trailer for the upcoming animated Scooby-Doo movie Scoob! has been released, hinting at a film that covers a long period of time and sends Shaggy and Scooby on an intergalactic adventure.The trailer flashes all the way back to Scooby and Shaggy's first meeting, showing how Scooby-Doo got his name, as well as the first meeting between Shaggy and the rest of Mystery Incorporated. It also features ghosts, robots, and aliens--it's not yet clear whether it will end with them pulling off a bad g
- The United States on Monday condemned "unjustified use of deadly force" in the latest Hong Kong violence and urged police and civilians alike to de-escalate the situation, a senior Trump administration official said."Hong Kong police and civilians alike have a responsibility to de-escalate and avoid violent confrontations," the U.S. administration official said, speaking on condition of anonymity, after a weekend of stepped-up clashes in pro-democracy protests across the Chinese-ruled territory,
- REUTERSAfter the Pentagon announced in June it would give Ukraine $250 million, defense department officials received a list of eyebrow-raising questions that appeared to originate from President Donald Trump regarding details of the military aid, including which U.S. companies were involved in supplying equipment to the country. Laura Cooper, a top Pentagon official with oversight into Ukraine policy, appeared on Capitol Hill last month and told House impeachment investigators that the Pen
Follow @GamesUKnews on Twitter!