- House impeachment sham is a hyperpartisan process intended to nullify a presidential election, writes Adam Brandon, president of FreedomWorks.
- The Mandalorian, Episode 5
This week's episode of The Mandalorian on Disney+ takes Star Wars fans back to a planet that helped kick-off the Star Wars franchise back in 1977. The episode further expanded aspects of the bounty hunter guild and the still present seedy underbelly of the Outer Rim. Additionally, we were introduced to assassin Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen) and spaceport operator/mechanic Peli Motto (Amy Sedaris).As always, we'll be covering lots of the finer--and not so finer--details wi
- Season of the Undying is coming to a close and as guardians prepare for the impending arrival of Osiris and Saint-14, our favorite exotic vendor makes his final return before Season of the Dawn. Here's where to find Xur this week.
- Although 2016's Ghostbusters reboot was not a box office hit, fans of the supernatural comedy series haven't had to wait long for another movie. Ghostbusters: Afterlife is the fourth film in the franchise, and it hits theaters in July 2020. Ahead of the first trailer next week, new details and images have now been released.Ghostbusters: Afterlife is not connected to the reboot but is a direct sequel to the original '80s movies. The new images come via Vanity Fair and show some of the new cast, w
- Holiday lights can have a positive psychological impact, according to experts. But also beware of holiday blues.
- Representative George Holding (R., N.C.) announced Friday that he will not seek reelection in 2020 after a North Carolina district reconfiguration put his seat in danger.“I should add, candidly, that yes, the newly redrawn Congressional Districts were part of the reason I have decided not to seek reelection,” he said in a statement. “But, in addition, this is also a good time for me to step back and reflect on all that I have learned.”Holding, a former federal prosecutor
- Looking into the future...
When we're not covering the latest happenings in the games industry, the team at GameSpot enjoy predicting the future. While our accuracy in predicting what will come next isn't always on the mark, our passion for trying to guess the future of the games industry never ceases.In GameSpot's annual prediction series, we put our brains together to determine what could happen next year in the world of games. Below you can find our gaming predictions for 2020, which is poise
- The video game industry is sophisticated, both as a multifaceted business enterprise and artistic medium. That complexity made it intersect with politics in 2019 in ways that are both broad-ranging and deep. Despite the best efforts of some fans and publishers to distance the medium from messy political societal conflicts, this year proved there's no separating the two. Politics and video games are enmeshed and likely to stay that way.Loot Box Controversy ContinuesFollowing the initial explosion
- (Bloomberg) -- Democratic presidential candidate Michael Bloomberg responded to criticism from Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren and other rivals that he’s trying to buy the election by self-financing his campaign, saying they had the same opportunity in life to build up a fortune as he did.The former New York mayor said in an interview on “CBS This Morning” that he didn’t come from a wealthy family and earned his money by building up his business. He said his rivals
- Kojima Productions has released a brief video showcasing some of the changes coming in Death Stranding's upcoming patch. The update is due to arrive in mid-December.One of the most requested changes from the community is the option to delete other players' vehicles. Death Stranding is a shared-world game; you'll never see other players, but structures they've built, such as bridges, roads, ladders, and postboxes, will appear in your game and can be interacted with. The same is true with vehicles
- Battlefield 5 will bring back the Wake Island map just in time for the holidays. The map is one of the most popular in the franchise, having debuted in Battlefield 1942. It will make its appearance in the latest Battlefield with an update coming December 12 as part of the latest Tides of War update.The Wake Island map will be familiar to anyone who's played it throughout the series' history, since it's now appeared across multiple games, but the Battlefield 5 version is prettied up and includes
- A Spanish-language reporter who spent 15 months in immigration detention following his arrest during a protest has reached a legal settlement in a lawsuit against two governments in Memphis, Tennessee.The Commercial Appeal reportsthat the Shelby County government has paid Manuel Duran and his lawyers $10,000.The county government runs the jail where Duran was held before he was taken into Immigration and Customs Enforcement custody in April 2018.
- The U.S. winter flu season is off to its earliest start in more than 15 years.An early barrage of illness in the South has begun to spread more broadly, and there’s a decent chance flu season could peak much earlier than normal, health officials say.The last flu season to rev up this early was in 2003-2004 — a bad one.
- PlayStation will wrap up the year with its final State of Play, which airs this Tuesday at 6 AM PT / 9 AM ET. The company intends to unveil a bevy of PlayStation 4 related content, including "around 20 minutes of new game reveals, release date announcements, new gameplay footage," and more. You can stream it live below.What the "around 20 minutes" will show is unknown. We recently saw leaked artwork for a Resident Evil 3 Remake, and we know both Final Fantasy VII Remake and The Last of Us Part I
Tesla changed the release dates for the most and least expensive versions of the Cybertruck by a yearTesla said the three-motor Cybertruck would enter production in late 2021, while production for the single-motor Cybertruck would begin in late 2022.
- If you've ever wondered what a Pokemon game would look like as an MMO, cast your gaze no further than the upcoming TemTem. Developed by Madrid-based studio Crema and published by Humble Bundle, TemTem takes the familiar creature catching and battling of Pokemon and sets it in a shared online world--and now it has a new trailer.The Pokemon influence is clear as day, and Crema isn't shying away from the obvious comparisons. The Steam store page for TemTem even says that it's a "massively multiplay
- Todd Phillips' chart-topping Joker is getting a second wind before the holiday blockbusters takeover. In the face of upcoming films like Jumanji: The Next Level (December 13), Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (December 20), Little Women (December 25), and more, Joker returns to IMAX theatres for one more week.Starting today, December 6, you can see Joker in what Phillips calls "the best format." Joker will stay in IMAX theatres across the country for one week, giving you a chance to see Joaquin
- Phoenix Point, the XCOM-esque strategy game from Snapshot Games, has been delayed on Xbox Game Pass for PC for the foreseeable future. The title was supposed to release on December 3, the same day it successfully launched on the Epic Games Store, but it's still absent.Snapshot Games has now announced a delay, attributing the Game Pass no-show to a few issues, including Microsoft's certification process. "We know that some of you are waiting for our release on Microsoft Xbox Game Pass for PC and
Joe Biden slams the media for saying Democrats have moved 'extremely to the left' since 2016 and says the party's not with Alexandria Ocasio-CortezBiden said the media falsely reported that the Democratic Party "moved extremely to the left" following Hillary Clinton's 2016 loss.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi had finally heard enough, and Thursday she directed the chairs of six House committees to begin drafting articles of impeachment against President Donald J. Trump.Positioned in front of a half dozen American flags near the Speaker’s Balcony, Pelosi embraced the gravity of her momentous decision. “Sadly, but with confidence and humility, with allegiance to our founders, and a heart full of love for America,” Pelosi said. “Today I am asking our ch
- Call of Duty Mobile had a strong start, and new estimates from a mobile tracking firm show its momentum has slowed but it's still doing very well for itself. Sensor Tower says that in its first two months, it has hit more than 172 million downloads and generated almost $87 million in global player spending.This represents a slowdown from its explosive launch, which hit 100 million in the first week alone, and about 148 million in its first month. This means it got about an additional 20 million
- The phenomenal success of Joker has meant that DC has ended 2019 on a high note, and the studio's luck looks set to continue into 2020. The first DC movie to hit theaters next year will be Birds of Prey, which sees Margot Robbie reprise her Suicide Squad role as Harley Quinn. The movie's opening scenes were shown to lucky fans at Comic-Con Brazil this week, and now some new character posters have been released.The posters were tweeted by the official Birds of Prey Twitter account. They are all i
- (Bloomberg) -- Colombia’s credit rating is under threat from tax cuts being debated by congress, former Finance Minister Mauricio Cardenas said.The government’s tax bill would reduce its revenues by about 1% of gross domestic product in 2022, Cardenas said. President Ivan Duque’s administration is taking a gamble by betting on faster growth and lower tax evasion to keep the fiscal deficit in check, he said.“It’s putting Colombia at a serious risk of a downgrade and
- Though Black Friday and Cyber Monday are in the rearview mirror, you still have a few weeks left to round out your holiday shopping. GameStop's current Deal of the Day features Funko Pops and matching T-shirts bundled in decorative boxes, which make them pretty ideal holiday gifts. These "Pop and Tee" bundles normally go for $30, but they are just $10 at GameStop until 9 PM PT / 12 AM ET.The selection includes Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, Dragon Ball Z, Ghostbusters, Rick and Morty, and a pleth
- Democratic presidential candidate Mike Bloomberg claims no one asked him until he was a 2020 contender about the controversial "stop and frisk" policy the NYPD adopted while he was mayor of New York City.Bloomberg recently apologized for “stop and frisk,” the practice that disproportionately affected black and Latino men in New York of briefly stopping civilians on the street to question them and search them for weapons or illegal substances.“I was wrong,” Bloomberg,
- President Trump's lawyer Rudy Giuliani met on Thursday with a KGB-trained member of Ukraine's parliament to discuss a possible investigation into Hunter Biden, son of former vice president Joe Biden.Giuliani has alleged that Hunter Biden engaged in improprieties during his time on the board of Burisma Holdings, a Ukrainian natural gas company. The former New York City mayor has also been in Europe for the past week meeting with Ukrainian contacts to film a series on the impeachment inquiry into
- PlayStation's final State of Play of 2019 airs on Tuesday, December 10 at 6:00 AM PT/9:00 AM ET/2:00 PM GMT. You can watch it live on Twitch, YouTube, Twitter, and Facebook.Sony is promising around 20 minutes of new game reveals, release date announcements, new gameplay footage, and more. Just don't expect anything related to the company's next-gen plans--it says it's staying tight-lipped for now.Artwork for a Resident Evil 3 Remake has already leaked on the PlayStation Network, so it would mak
Lamborghinis, baby lions, and stacks of cash: The Russian hackers in charge of 'Evil Corp' are living an absurdly lavish lifestyleMembers of the Russian hacking group Evil Corp live a lavish lifestyle fueled by stolen millions, authorities say. Take a look at the photos.
- Bowing to international pressure, Bosnian authorities agreed on Friday to dismantle a makeshift refugee camp of freezing snow-covered tents, but some migrants living there have been refusing food in protest at being resettled.The migrants, who are eager to reach the European Union, say they do not want to be rehoused further away from the Croatian border, which lies just 8 km (5 miles) away.Some 800 migrants are stuck in the Vucjak camp, a former landfill area in forests near the northwestern Bo
- Want to be a better-informed patient? We compiled a list of the code words a nurse would use and exactly what they mean.
Follow @GamesUKnews on Twitter!