- Dexter, Showtime's serial killer drama that ended disastrously in 2013, is coming back for a limited series revival. The new series will be handled by showrunner Clyde Phillips, who served as showrunner for the original first four seasons, and who has now opened up about how the revival will treat that infamous last season.In the latest episode of The Hollywood Reporter's TV Top 5 podcast, as reported by Vulture, Phillips has talked about what to expect from the show--and said that he won't undo
- Grand Theft Auto V's Online mode now has updated with its latest list of discounts and bonuses, and this time they're Halloween-themed. The Halloween Bunker Series will hand out triple rewards all week, as are freemode events. These bonuses will last until October 28.The Bunker Series involves three Slasher maps, set in a bunker, silo, and at The Diamond, and each one will offer triple GTA$ and RP this week. There are also doubled rewards in the following adversary modes:Beast vs. Slasher Come O
- A viral meme purports to show four $3 million-$7.5 million homes Biden owns. He only owns two of them, neither of which cost more than $3 million.
- Developer Crispy Creative has released a new trailer for its first new IP, A Long Journey to an Uncertain End. Composed of a team that features former Obsidian and Telltale developers, Crispy Creative seems to be leaning into its strengths with this first title--A Long Journey to an Uncertain End is a story-driven space opera with management simulator elements.In A Long Journey, you're a sentient spaceship, making you both the captain and the primary means of transportation for your crew. You're
- Serious Sam 4 developer Croteam has worked with publisher Devolver Digital so many times, they've decided to make their relationship official. That's the vibe, at least, in Devolver's announcement that the company has acquired Croteam, ensuring that they'll continue releasing games together in the future.
"Devolver has acquired Croteam...or maybe Croteam has acquired Devolver...who could really know at this point in the relationship," the announcement reads (for the record, it's definitely the f
- The long-awaited Borat sequel has released early. The Sacha Baron Cohen film, which is officially called Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, is available right now on Amazon Prime.Subscribers can watch the film right now, and that's notable because it's premiering ahead of schedule. It wasn't expected to debut until after midnight on October 23, so it's a few hours early.The political movie debuts just as the final US Presidential Debate is kicking off. The film takes aim at Trump and his team, along wi
- What the Golf?, Triband's hilarious anti-golf game, is now available on Steam, and it comes with a cool new feature. For the first time, players will be able to craft their own unique courses for the game.The level editor is a surprise addition, and it's in a permanent state of "early access alpha beta preview," Triband designer and co-founder Tim Garbos said in a statement sent to press. The editor has been added because the team's inbox is full of level ideas sent in by players.What the Golf?
- Microsoft has confirmed that it has no plans to release a dedicated optimization update for Halo 5: Guardians on Xbox Series X/S as it's doing for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. While there won't be the same 120fps/4K optimizations for Halo 5 on the next-gen consoles, Halo 5 will enjoy faster load times and higher resolutions overall thanks to the power of the new machines."While Halo 5 is not getting the same optimizations for Xbox Series X and Series S as MCC, owners of the next-gen hardwa
- Lauren McCluskey had reported harassment to police more than 20 times
- Spellbreak has received a major new update, adding the game's first new mode and a prologue chapter to the free-to-play magic-based battle royale. The Prologue: The Gathering Storm update is now available on PC, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One.The new mode is called Clash, and it's a 9-on-9 team deathmatch mode where each team is simply aiming for the highest kill count. It's described as "low on stress, but high on fun", with a heavy combat focus. Each side has three squads of three players, and you
Pfizer has expanded its COVID-19 vaccine trial to include teens. Some say it's risky. Others argue it's necessary.After months of testing its COVID-19 candidate vaccine in adults, Pfizer recently lowered the age of participation to 16.
- China reported 18 new coronavirus cases in the mainland for Oct. 22, compared with 14 cases a day earlier, the health commission said on Friday.China reported 11 new asymptomatic patients, compared with 25 a day earlier.As of Oct. 22, mainland China had 85,747 confirmed coronavirus cases, the health authority said.
- Senator appeared to keep his hand in his pocket while walking around the Capitol
- If an actor has ever starred in a Marvel, DC, or Star Wars film, it's only a matter of time before people start asking when they'll play that character again. Liam Neeson has played countless memorable roles over the years, but for many, he's Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn before he's Ra's Al Ghul, Rob Roy, or the guy in Taken. But Disney hasn't yet approached Neeson about reprising the role, the actor said in an interview with Collider.Neeson said that while he's done the voice of Jinn a few times si
- Microsoft has shared some new images and details about Halo Infinite, including new customization information surrounding the game's "coating" system.Coating is Microsoft's terminology for weapon, character, and vehicle skins for Halo Infinite. A coating is a seven-layer shader that can feature different colors, materials, and patterns across seven channels, Microsoft said in a blog post.The Red Shift armor is exclusive to GameStopThe first of these, the Monarch multiplayer coating, was announce
- Former San Francisco 49er Dana Stubblefield was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison Thursday for raping a developmentally disabled woman who prosecutors said he lured to his home with the promise of a babysitting job.The sentence was issued by a judge in San Jose after denying a defense motion for a new trial, the Mercury News reported.Last week, the Sixth District Court of Appeal denied a related petition filed on behalf of Stubblefield by his attorneys.
- Making Marvel comics move, whether it's for movies or television, is big business these days, and that means it's attracting some pretty big names. Lena Headey and Luke Wilson are the newest names attached to the upcoming Marvel animated series, New-Gen.New-Gen is part of the Marvel comics book universe, but it's a far trip from the places occupied by Captain America, Spider-Man, and even Thor. The story starts in another dimension where nanotech controls everything from buildings to the weather
- It had been a while since we've seen anything out of Team Meat about the upcoming Super Meat Boy sequel, Super Meat Boy Forever, but that's now changed. Lead developer Tommy Refenes recently streamed over 10 hours of gameplay from the game's current build, and it involves a lot of bloody deaths.The game, which we last covered in 2018, has been in the works ever since, and it's looking pretty good--and challenging. While Refenes points out some areas that are still too easy for his liking, includ
- Tanzania's Tundu Lissu, who was shot in 2017, hopes to unseat President John Magufuli.
- A second person who served on the Breonna Taylor grand jury is criticizing Kentucky's attorney general for the way the proceedings were conducted.The anonymous statement released Thursday reiterated another grand juror's earlier publicized complaint that the panel was only able to consider endangerment charges against one officer for shooting into Taylor's neighbor's apartment.The first grand juror, who has also remained anonymous, won a court fight this week to address the public about the secr
- Watch Dogs: Legion is releasing very soon, and to promote the game, Ubisoft has updated some the company's previous big games with "hacked" box art. The new box art for back catalog games like Assassin's Creed Odyssey, The Division 2, Far Cry 5, and Ghost Recon Wildlands shows characters from those games wearing the pig mask from Legion. It's a very clever piece of marketing, and you can see a selection of the new box arts in the Twitter post below. Ubisoft is promoting the launch of Watch Dogs
- A selection of the week's best photos from across the continent and beyond.
- The 15-year-old student said she was told to change after wearing a shirt that said “Homosexuality is a sin” to a classroom where “a pro-homosexual symbol” was on display, according to court filings.
- Microsoft's xCloud game streaming service allows users to play titles with either a wireless controller or through touch controls. However, the platform launched with touch controls only available for Minecraft Dungeons, but now a handful more titles are supported.Microsoft has now confirmed 10 more titles available on the service that now support touch controls, including Dead Cells, Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, and Killer Instinct.You can see the full list below.Continue Reading at GameSpot
- With the launch of the Xbox Series X and S consoles now just a few weeks away, units are apparently getting prepared to ship globally, and as such, images of them in the wild have begun to appear.Here is a photo of the Xbox Series X and S retail boxes in the wild. The full context of the pictures is unclear, but the photos appear to be taken from inside a warehouse of some kind.💚#XboxSeriesS
💚#XboxSeriesX pic.twitter.com/88d9iKRAry— Siri's Ex. (@architectu2) October 22, 202
- AOC logged on to play Among Us alongside Congresswoman Ilhan Omar and several other popular streamers. Here are the best moments from the stream.
- The government of Trinidad and Tobago said Thursday that a floating oil-storage vessel with nearly 55 million gallons of Venezuelan crude oil floating off its coast is not taking on water and shows no sign of capsizing and creating an environmental disaster off the coast of South America.
- The topics Mr Trump and Mr Biden should embrace, and what they should avoid, according the the experts
- On today's Save State, Persia talks about our first look at Tom Holland as Nathan Drake, DMC 5 performance modes coming to the next-gen special edition, and Kojima Productions starting its next game.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) reportedly has an "interest" in becoming Joe Biden's Labor secretary, were the Democrat to be elected president, Politico reports. Though Sanders shook off the suggestion when asked about it on Wednesday, "one person close to the Vermont senator" reportedly told Politico that "I can confirm he's trying to figure out how to land that role or something like it. He, personally, does have an interest in it."On Thursday, Sanders said he was planning to announce his own 100
Follow @GamesUKnews on Twitter!