- Bolivia's interim President Jeanine Anez said Wednesday she is preparing to call elections in the coming hours, after deadly unrest following the resignation of Evo Morales and the disputed October 20 ballot.The announcement comes as the number of people killed in clashes with security forces at a fuel plant near La Paz on Tuesday rose to eight, officials said, taking the total death toll since last month's vote to 32.Morales, who fled to Mexico after resigning November 10, accused the Bolivian
- The new Xbox Series X controller, like its predecessors, will use AA batteries instead of a rechargeable battery that is found in PlayStation's DualShock controllers.Xbox partner director Jason Ronald told Eurogamer that the Xbox audience is split nearly evenly when it comes their preference between AA batteries versus a built-in rechargeable battery. Sticking with AA batteries for Xbox Series X is an effort to please both camps, as people can still buy a rechargeable battery pack for the contro
- The long, long wait for Final Fantasy VII Remake on PlayStation 4 has been a little shorter for a few fans. Reports have surfaced of the game breaking street date, and a few early copies making their way into customer's hands amid stores shutting over fears relating to the COVID-19 pandemic.
On Reddit, one user has posted images of their copy of the Deluxe Edition, showing what is available in the slightly-pricier boxed version of the game. Although those images have since been removed by modera
- It's crazy to think that we're already a quarter of the way through 2020, and the new month has another batch of video games to feast on. April brings us some sizzling hot remakes: the survival horror outing Resident Evil 3, the sword-slashing tale of Final Fantasy 7 Remake, and the reimagined retro RPG Trials of Mana. Movie fans can also get a taste of nostalgia with Predator: Hunting Grounds, and the Gears of War crowd gets a new strategy-heavy campaign with Gears Tactics.Resident Evil 3 -- Ap
- Trump last week said he wanted to see the much of the country opening back up by Easter.
- Ryan Reynolds is set to star in another video game movie. Following his starring role as Pikachu in Detective Pikachu and as the main character in Free Guy, he is in talks to play Dirk the Daring in a new Dragon's Lair movie for Netflix, according to The Hollywood Reporter and confirmed by Netflix.Netflix reportedly negotiated for "almost a year" before closing a deal to get the Dragon's Lair movie rights. The Lego Movie writers Dan and Kevin Hageman will write the script, but no director has be
- To celebrate the 10th anniversary for the original Nier, Square-Enix held a 10-hour livestream which included a concert performance and a chat with the game's creative leads. During that conversation, the surprise announcement was made, via a beautiful, but vague trailer, that the original Nier will be re-released on PS4, Xbox One, and PC, as Nier Replicant ver. 1.22474487139.That title's a bit of a mouthful, but there's pretty good reason for that. The Replicant part isn't actually new. When th
A New York nurse shared a chilling photo of coronavirus victims to show 'the ghastly reality of what' medical workers deal with on frontlinesThe harrowing image shows the bodies of deceased COVID-19 patients being stored in a refrigerated truck outside the ambulance bay.
- Lonnie Franklin, the convicted serial killer known as the "Grim Sleeper" who preyed on the women of South Los Angeles for more than two decades, has died in prison.California corrections officials said Franklin was found unresponsive in his cell at San Quentin State Prison on Saturday evening.An autopsy will determine the cause of death; however, there were no signs of trauma, corrections spokeswoman Terry Thornton said in a statement.
Coronavirus live updates: Anthony Fauci says millions of Americans face infection, 200,000 could die; NY near 1,000 deathsSunday morning, Dr. Anthony Fauci warned of potentially millions of coronavirus cases as the US death toll climbed above 2,300.
- What is unfolding in New York City offers a case study in how the virus attacks all aspects of life, as well as what can be done to beat it back.
- Spain broke another national record of daily coronavirus deaths Sunday as more than 40 percent of the world's population was asked to stay at home to halt the deadly march of a disease that has claimed some 33,500 lives.Hospitals are rapidly filling with a deluge of patients in Europe and the United States, now the focal points of a pandemic that began in Asia but is now upending the global economy and upsetting everyday life in unprecedented ways.Spain announced 838 deaths in a 24-hour period,
- Moscow's mayor announced strict isolation rules for the city from Monday, the latest in a series of measures introduced in Russia to fight the spread of the coronavirus.The new restrictions would apply to all the city's residents, regardless of age, mayor Sergei Sobyanin said in a statement Sunday."The extremely negative turn of events that we see in the largest cities in Europe and the USA causes great concern for the life and health of our citizens," Sobyanin said introducing the new rules.
- The poll also found Biden with a 16-percentage-point advantage (55%-39%) over Sanders among registered Democrats and independents who lean Democratic.
- California’s second-largest river has sustained Native American tribes with salmon for millennia, provided upstream farmers with irrigation water for generations and served as a haven for retirees who built homes along its banks.
- The number of deaths from coronavirus in Italy fell for the second consecutive day on Sunday but the country still looked almost certain to see an extension of stringent containment measures.The Civil Protection department said 756 people had died in the last day, bringing the total to 10,779 - more than a third of all deaths from the virus worldwide."The measures that were due to expire on April 3 inevitably will be extended," Regional Affairs Minister Francesco Boccia told Sky TG24 television.
Coronavirus live updates: Anthony Fauci says millions of Americans face infection, 200,000 could dieSunday morning, Dr. Anthony Fauci warned of potentially millions of coronavirus cases as the US death toll climbed above 2,100.
- Canada is not planning for the moment to use troops to help combat a spreading coronavirus outbreak, although the option remains on the table, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Sunday.The province of Quebec - where 8.5 million people are spread across a landmass the size of western Europe - on Saturday said it was restricting access to eight remote regions with often patchy access to healthcare.Quebec is also stationing police on the border with the United States to ensure returning traveler
- "The non-essential workforce is directed to continue to work from home," Cuomo said a day after the president decided against a mandatory quarantine.
- Artillery blasts shook Libya's capital Tripoli on Sunday as fighting raged even as the nation confirmed five more cases of the coronavirus for a total of eight.The National Centre for Disease Control said the new cases were in the northwestern city of Misrata, held by the Government of National Accord (GNA) which is at war with the Libyan National Army (LNA) of eastern-based commander Khalifa Haftar.In chaos and without central authority since the 2011, Western-backed uprising that ousted strong
'I don't know how you look at those numbers and conclude anything less than thousands of people will pass away': Cuomo discusses state fatality projectionsGov. Andrew Cuomo spoke about New York state’s fatality projections during a press conference on Sunday.
- A surge of coronavirus cases in California has arrived and will worsen, Gov. Gavin Newsom said Friday, while the mayor of Los Angeles warned that by early next week his city could see the kind of crush that has crippled New York.
- Pro-Trump anchor appeared late and apparently disheveled on Saturday night, leading to social media speculationPresenting from home has become a new normal for TV hosts during the coronavirus outbreak, but for one of Donald Trump’s favorite personalities, things did not go so well on Saturday night.Jeanine Pirro missed the entire first segment of her show Justice with Judge Jeanine on Fox News and appeared disheveled when she did finally appear, her hair noticeably and uncharacteristically
- Newsom said the broken ventilators had been sent to a facility to be fixed and should be returned to LA on Monday
- As hospitals across the United States face a shortage of medical supplies in the face of the novel coronavirus pandemic, planes are gearing up to bring in reinforcements.The first aircraft in a series of flights scheduled by the White House over the next 30 days arrived in New York from Shanghai on Sunday morning, bringing with it 12 million gloves, 130,000 N95 masks, 17.6 surgical masks, 50,000 gowns, 130,000 hand sanitizer units, and 36,000 thermometers, all of which will be distributed throug
- Meet the Press anchor Chuck Todd drew the ire of MAGA world on Sunday morning when he asked presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden if he believes President Donald Trump has “blood” on his hands due to his slow response on the coronavirus pandemic.After Biden offered up his recommendations for how the Trump administration should handle the growing crisis—including a more robust use of the Defense Production Act and increased urgency in providing life-saving medica
- Spain broke another national record of daily coronavirus deaths Sunday as more than 40 percent of the world's population was asked to say home in hopes of halting the deadly march of a disease that has claimed more than 32,000 lives.A deluge of patients are overwhelming hospitals in Europe and the United States, now the focal points of a pandemic that is upending the global economy in unprecedented ways.In the US, an about-face by President Donald Trump on quarantining New York captured the pani
Fauci says that lifting lockdowns is 'a matter of weeks' and depends on the availability of 15-minute coronavirus testing"If we need to push the date forward, we will push the date forward," Dr. Anthony Fauci said on CNN Sunday.
- Fauci also said it's not yet time for social distancing guidelines to be pulled back.
- The death of Patrick Jones marks the first COVID-19 related death of an inmate in the federal prison system, a Bureau of Prisons spokesperson said.
Follow @GamesUKnews on Twitter!