- Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden addresses crowd at North Carolina voter mobilization event
- The arms deal is likely to further strain tensions with China, which claims Taiwan as its own.
- Authorities have revoked an emergency decree which banned gatherings, following days of mass rallies.
- The last time Democrat Sara Gideon ran for office, she trounced her Republican challenger and spent a measly $4,299.99 doing it.Two years later, the Maine House speaker has hauled in $63.6 million, a mountain of money that's poured in from Democrats across the country for one clear purpose: Defeating Sen. Susan Collins.It’s a mission that has been enthusiastically embraced by Gideon, an up-and-coming Democrat who has ably tapped into frustrations in Maine and beyond with Collins’ tie
- Hong Konger Chan Tong-kai admits to murdering his pregnant girlfriend in a Taipei hotel room nearly two years ago. He has even said he is willing to return to Taiwan and face trial. Yet he remains a free man. Why?
- The $1.8bn weapons sale is likely to further strain tensions with China, which claims Taiwan.
- An unofficial vaccine rollout is gathering pace despite the warnings of international public health experts
Hunter Biden emails were reportedly shopped around in Ukraine for $5 million, while Giuliani met with officials and businessmen there last yearTwo people told Time that they were approached with the emails, and one said the person making the offer already had a buyer in mind, Trump's allies.
- From pickled vine leaves to coffee and cheese, Saudi supermarkets are taking Turkish products off the shelves after calls for a boycott, as rivalry between Riyadh and Ankara heats up.
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon is among the 30+ launch titles for the Xbox Series X, and now the developer has shed a little more light on how the game performs on Microsoft's next-gen console.Chief producer Masayoshi Yokoyama spoke to Xbox Wire about how the game leverages the power of the console, and Yokoyama is particularly looking forward to players experiencing the dramatically faster load times. Yokoyama said the load times are "nearly instantaneous.""I was personally most excited about the reduct
- "President Trump and his advisers have repeatedly discussed whether to fire FBI Director Christopher A. Wray after Election Day," less than four years into his 10-year term, The Washington Post reports. "Trump often complains about members of his Cabinet and contemplates dismissing them, without doing so," the Post concedes, but he is "increasingly frustrated" that "federal law enforcement has not delivered his campaign the kind of last-minute boost that the FBI provided in 2016."Specifically, t
Firefighters brave 'really tough' conditions at Cameron Peak Fire, the largest wildfire in Colorado historyThe fire began Aug. 13 on the Arapaho and Roosevelt National Forests near Cameron Pass and Chambers Lake. It was 55% contained as of Wednesday night.
- The new 9.0.1 update for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has officially gone live, and it contains an important fix for Steve from Minecraft.Although the patch notes make no mention of it, for an obvious reason, the patch appears to have made a change to Steve's win screen. If you know, you know, and we don't need to lay it out any more than thatIn addition to that change, the 9.0.1 update makes several other updates to Steve/Alex to fix a series of issues related to clipping through the landscape an
- New York Congresswoman Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez made her Twitch debut streaming Among Us the other night with big-name streamers like Hasan Piker, Pokimane, Dr. Lupo, Jacksepticeye, and Hbomberguy, as well as her colleague, Minnesota Congresswoman Ilhan Omar. It's made headlines across gaming and non-gaming media, so you're probably familiar with what went down already, given the widespread coverage. I was one of the over 400,000 people watching Ocasio-Cortez's personal stream, enjoying the hell
- A new report from Columbia University on COVID-19 deaths estimates that hundreds of thousands of Americans died because the United States’ response to the pandemic was an “abject failure,” particularly the actions of President Donald Trump. With an adequate response, the United States could have avoided tens of thousands of deaths and an incalculable amount of suffering, the researchers said.Dr. Irwin Redlener, the lead author on the study and the founding director of the Natio
- Former President Barack Obama on Wednesday said dealing with the coronavirus pandemic "would have been challenging for any president, but this idea that somehow this White House has done anything but completely screw this up is just not true."Obama made his remarks in Philadelphia during a drive-up rally for Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden. Obama said that South Korea recorded its first COVID-19 case at the same time as the United States, "and its per capita death toll is just 1.3 perc
- Trump is reportedly furious that Wray and Attorney General Barr have not launched investigations targeting his Democratic rival Joe Biden.
- U.S. Republicans scored legal victories on Wednesday when a Supreme Court ruling allowed Alabama to ban curbside voting and an Iowa court upheld a law that makes it harder to fix problems with absentee ballot requests ahead of the Nov. 3 presidential election.The rulings were a setback to Democrats, whose presidential candidate, Joe Biden, is running a close race against Republican President Donald Trump in Iowa, while Democratic Senator Doug Jones of Alabama is seen at risk of losing his seat i
- Phasmophobia, the early access horror game, has taken Twitch and social media by storm. For the uninitiated, Phasmophobia's goal is simple, though achieving it is a little tricky. You, either alone or with a group of friends, play a ghost hunter investigating a spooky, dimly-lit location and trying to determine which type of ghost is haunting the place. As you explore the area, you will need to use various tools to gather evidence before the ghost kills you and your friends.Aside from the ghosts
- via politico.comAmong Ohio likely voters, 48 percent of respondents said they preferred the president, while 45 percent opted for Joe Biden.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has brought back Black Ops composer Jack Wall to do the music once again. Developer Treyarch has confirmed Wall's involvement in the game, and also released the main theme music, which is meant to reflect the '80s and the Cold War period.Wall told SPIN that he used a number of soft synth instruments to create a "dark, shadowy" feel that felt appropriate to the time period."I wanted to create something for the main menu that immediately said very clearly 'Cold Wa
Trump says little about second-term agenda as he mocks Obama’s name during grievance-filled North Carolina rally"Barack Hussein Obama,' president says over and over as Gastonia crowd boos in unison
- via sun-sentinel.comFORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. — Florida, which has reported the deaths of more than 16,400 people from COVID-19, now says the public may not be able to trust any of those numbers. The state Department of Health on Wednesday ordered an investigation of all pandemic fatalities, one week after House Speaker Jose Oliva slammed the death data from medical examiners as "often lacking in rigor" and ...
- Our job is not done and thus the Doom Slayer must head back to the Maykr's realm. Check out the first mission of the Ancient God's DLC on UAC Atlantica.
- The undead shamble forward relentlessly, and so must AMC's The Walking Dead. The show recently resumed production, filming a set of bonus episodes to fill in the gap between seasons 10 and 11, and are taking measures to keep cast and crew alike from contracting COVID-19 (via EW)."We wear these little tracers in our clothes that will tell us how long we spend in proximity to one another," said Norman Reedus in an interview on SirusXM's EW Live. The crew isn't stopping there, though."There's tons
- More Spidey suits for PS5's Spider-Man: Miles Morales have been revealed, AOC's Among Us stream was one of the biggest Twitch streams ever, and could another Ghost of Tsushima be coming? Lucy's got the biggest news stories of the day.
As Illinois reports 69 COVID-19-related deaths, the highest daily toll since June, state issues plan for vaccine distributionCHICAGO — Illinois on Wednesday recorded its highest daily coronavirus-related death toll since June as state officials released an early version of its plan for how a vaccine will be distributed once one is approved and available. The plan "is designed to provide an equitable distribution across the state with priority access going to our most vulnerable populations, front-line health care ...
- The MMO Roblox is performing phenomenally well on mobile. According to Sensor Tower's estimates, the game has now crossed $2 billion in lifetime revenue globally across iOS and Android.Like other games, Roblox's mobile edition saw its microtransaction revenue surge during the COVID-19 pandemic. In particular, May 2020 was the game's biggest month ever, with $113 million in spending.The US is by far the biggest market for Roblox, accounting for $1.3 billion in lifetime revenue. The UK is No. 2 wi
- Our View: Rush to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett by Donald Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell betrays voters casting their verdict.
- The US should have enough doses for seniors, healthcare workers, and first responders by the end of January, Azar said.
Follow @GamesUKnews on Twitter!