- As more federal relief funds look unlikely, parents living in poverty such as Kaneadsha Jones wonder how they can hold things together.
- There is no known link between the seasonal dust clouds and Covid-19 but Pyongyang is on high alert.
- Quibi is shutting down, having been around for about as long as it takes to speak the following three sentences: "wait, what's Quibi? Oh, that sounds dumb. Wait, it has a Reno 911 reboot?" If you'd like to check that Reno 911 reboot out, there's still time--but not a lot of it.According to The Hollywood Reporter, the streaming provider's customer service page within the app had updated with an expected shutdown date. The app is likely to go down "on or around Dec. 1," meaning that it'll be gone
- Chinese tech giant Huawei, one of the biggest makers of smartphones and switching equipment, said Friday its revenue rose 9.9% in the first nine months of this year, but growth decelerated in the face of U.S. sanctions and the coronavirus pandemic.Huawei Technologies Ltd., gave no sales figure for the most recent quarter ending in September, but growth for the first three quarters was down from the 13.1% reported for the first half of the year.Huawei is struggling with U.S. sanctions that cut of
- Giuliani turned the offer down out of credibility concerns, a source familiar with the meeting tells Salon
- President Donald Trump trails former Vice President Joe Biden by substantial margins in polls. COVID-19 cases have increased by more than 30 percent in the past two weeks. A second stimulus package is being threatened by his own party, and there are only a dozen days until the election that could make him only the second Republican incumbent in more than a century not to win a second term.It was in that context that Trump sought to change the conversation at the second and final presidential deb
- After two years, EA is winding down development on Battlefield V and focusing on the next-gen Battlefield game coming in 2021. For those who never played Battlefield V, EA has released a Definitive Edition of the game that comes with everything from the past two years.Included in the $50 USD Definitive Edition for PS4, Xbox One, and PC is the base game and lots and lots of extras, including every weapon, vehicle, and gadget, along with all of the Elite characters. Numerous cosmetics are also inc
- One thing is for sure: Thursday night's presidential debate was a far more civil and — dare we say — normal event than the first. Moderated by NBC's Kristen Welker, the candidates stayed more or less on topic, something the first debate's moderator, Fox News' Chris Wallace, didn't fail to notice.Asked for his response to the second and final debate, Wallace said: "First of all, I'm jealous. I would've liked to have been able to moderate that debate and get a real exchange of views in
- Following a debate question on immigration, President Trump said that the only undocumented immigrants who appear for their court dates are those with the “lowest IQ.”
- Like other games, Battlefield V is giving out a series of freebies to celebrate Halloween.Everyone who simply logs into the game on any platform can claim a new "Dead of Night" Panzer IV skin for the tank. Additionally, the "Splattered" skin for the Sturmgewehr 1-5, Tromboncino, KE7, and the Gewehr M95/30 weapons is being given away for everyone. As its name suggests, this weapon skin is meant to look like splattered blood to help people get into the spooky Halloween theme.Instead of candy this
Biden called Trump 'a very confused guy' during the debate when the president falsely claimed he's a far-left liberal who wants 'socialized medicine'During the final presidential debate on Thursday, Trump alleged that 180 million Americans will lose their private health insurance to Biden's plan.
A California appeals court unanimously upheld a ruling that Uber and Lyft must reclassify their drivers as employees under the state's gig work lawThe judges invoked the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg while affirming a lower court ruling requiring Uber and Lyft to reclassify drivers under AB-5.
- Grand Theft Auto V's Online mode now has updated with its latest list of discounts and bonuses, and this time they're Halloween-themed. The Halloween Bunker Series will hand out triple rewards all week, as are freemode events. These bonuses will last until October 28.The Bunker Series involves three Slasher maps, set in a bunker, silo, and at The Diamond, and each one will offer triple GTA$ and RP this week. There are also doubled rewards in the following adversary modes:Beast vs. Slasher Come O
- During the final presidential debate on Thursday, Joe responded to questions about his son Hunter Biden.
- President Trump has a miracle scenario brewing in the back of his mind.During Thursday night's presidential debate, Democratic nominee Joe Biden outlined his plan to expand the Affordable Care Act under a proposal he's coining as "BidenCare." But Trump would "like to terminate ObamaCare" and "come up with a brand new beautiful plan," which he thinks will pass Congress because the Democrats would be under "tremendous pressure." "We might even have the House by that time," Trump said, repeating th
Colorado wildfires have forced the closure of Rocky Mountain National Park. These photos show orange skies, towering smoke.The pollution may be masking the spread of COVID-19, Gov. Jared Polis warned. Meanwhile, Rocky Mountain National Park has completely closed.
- A viral meme purports to show four $3 million-$7.5 million homes Biden owns. He only owns two of them, neither of which cost more than $3 million.
Trump says 'we're learning to live with' coronavirus. Biden says 'people are learning to die with it.'Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden had a powerful response to President Trump's insistence that America should learn to live with COVID-19.As he has throughout the pandemic, Trump downplayed the severity of the coronavirus during Thursday's final presidential debate. He talked about how he went to the hospital after his COVID-19 diagnosis but recovered quickly, implying that Americans can easily defeat the virus. "We're learning to live with it," Trump insisted.Biden relayed a different r
- Developer Crispy Creative has released a new trailer for its first new IP, A Long Journey to an Uncertain End. Composed of a team that features former Obsidian and Telltale developers, Crispy Creative seems to be leaning into its strengths with this first title--A Long Journey to an Uncertain End is a story-driven space opera with management simulator elements.In A Long Journey, you're a sentient spaceship, making you both the captain and the primary means of transportation for your crew. You're
- Sunlight cannot penetrate, the air is fetid and fellow residents include rats and cockroaches -- but that's how 14 families are "dying slowly" in government accommodation in Venezuela's capital Caracas.
- Serious Sam 4 developer Croteam has worked with publisher Devolver Digital so many times, they've decided to make their relationship official. That's the vibe, at least, in Devolver's announcement that the company has acquired Croteam, ensuring that they'll continue releasing games together in the future.
"Devolver has acquired Croteam...or maybe Croteam has acquired Devolver...who could really know at this point in the relationship," the announcement reads (for the record, it's definitely the f
- The long-awaited Borat sequel has released early. The Sacha Baron Cohen film, which is officially called Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, is available right now on Amazon Prime.Subscribers can watch the film right now, and that's notable because it's premiering ahead of schedule. It wasn't expected to debut until after midnight on October 23, so it's a few hours early.The political movie debuts just as the final US Presidential Debate is kicking off. The film takes aim at Trump and his team, along wi
- What the Golf?, Triband's hilarious anti-golf game, is now available on Steam, and it comes with a cool new feature. For the first time, players will be able to craft their own unique courses for the game.The level editor is a surprise addition, and it's in a permanent state of "early access alpha beta preview," Triband designer and co-founder Tim Garbos said in a statement sent to press. The editor has been added because the team's inbox is full of level ideas sent in by players.What the Golf?
- Microsoft has confirmed that it has no plans to release a dedicated optimization update for Halo 5: Guardians on Xbox Series X/S as it's doing for Halo: The Master Chief Collection. While there won't be the same 120fps/4K optimizations for Halo 5 on the next-gen consoles, Halo 5 will enjoy faster load times and higher resolutions overall thanks to the power of the new machines."While Halo 5 is not getting the same optimizations for Xbox Series X and Series S as MCC, owners of the next-gen hardwa
- Lauren McCluskey had reported harassment to police more than 20 times
- Spellbreak has received a major new update, adding the game's first new mode and a prologue chapter to the free-to-play magic-based battle royale. The Prologue: The Gathering Storm update is now available on PC, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One.The new mode is called Clash, and it's a 9-on-9 team deathmatch mode where each team is simply aiming for the highest kill count. It's described as "low on stress, but high on fun", with a heavy combat focus. Each side has three squads of three players, and you
Pfizer has expanded its COVID-19 vaccine trial to include teens. Some say it's risky. Others argue it's necessary.After months of testing its COVID-19 candidate vaccine in adults, Pfizer recently lowered the age of participation to 16.
- China reported 18 new coronavirus cases in the mainland for Oct. 22, compared with 14 cases a day earlier, the health commission said on Friday.China reported 11 new asymptomatic patients, compared with 25 a day earlier.As of Oct. 22, mainland China had 85,747 confirmed coronavirus cases, the health authority said.
- Senator appeared to keep his hand in his pocket while walking around the Capitol
- If an actor has ever starred in a Marvel, DC, or Star Wars film, it's only a matter of time before people start asking when they'll play that character again. Liam Neeson has played countless memorable roles over the years, but for many, he's Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn before he's Ra's Al Ghul, Rob Roy, or the guy in Taken. But Disney hasn't yet approached Neeson about reprising the role, the actor said in an interview with Collider.Neeson said that while he's done the voice of Jinn a few times si
Follow @GamesUKnews on Twitter!