- Black Friday 2019 hits next week, which means it's time to start thinking about which stores will have deals on the things you're shopping for this holiday season. A few stores have already announced their Black Friday deals, and Amazon has gotten a bit ahead of the competition with its Happy HoliDeals sale.As with Prime Day, Amazon's holiday deals page includes a mix of Lightning Deals--which are only available for a limited time--and longer-term deals that should be available throughout the du
- The Dark Crystal: Age Of Resistance Tactics was first announced during Nintendo's 2019 E3 Direct, and now it finally has a release date. The turn-based strategy spin-off from the recent Netflix TV series (itself a sequel to the 1982 film) will release for Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One, and PC on February 4, 2020.This news comes via the game's official Twitter account, which also debuted a new short trailer for the game. The trailer can also be watched on YouTube.We're ready to announce a releas
- Twin Peaks VR is due to release this month, but until now we hadn't seen any footage from it. Now a trailer has emerged, showing off the Twin Peaks iconography and scenes from the series that fans will soon be able to explore in virtual reality. This is essentially an "escape room" game that will require you to puzzle your way through several situations from the show. The game appears to be heavily based on the enigmatic and wonderful 2017 third series rather than the first two seasons, and anyo
- "She was my best friend," Todd Gillette said of his 50-year-old wife, who died in a house fire in South Dakota.
- The Elder Scrolls: Legends is winding down, with Bethesda announcing that the game will no longer receive new content. In a post on the game's Reddit, Bethesda said that the additional content pack scheduled for 2019 will not release, and that development on all content going forward has ceased.
This is not the end for The Elder Scrolls: Legends--it's still available to download and play, and the post promises continued support in the form of "monthly reward cards and regular in-game events." On
- New footage from the much-anticipated Star Wars movie The Rise of Skywalker will premiere inside of the battle royale game Fortnite later this month. Epic Games has announced that director JJ Abrams will showcase new footage of the sci-fi blockbuster at the in-game outdoor theatre Risky Reels on December 12. The footage will debut at 11 AM PT / 2 PM ET that day.As for what to expect, Disney is promising an "exclusive scene" from Rise of Skywalker, but there are no further details available at th
- The mother of man charged with killing an Alabama police officer spoke said Sunday that she doesn't believe her son is capable of committing murder.LaJeromeny Brown of Tennessee has been jailed on capital murder charges in the shooting of Huntsville police officer Billy Fred Clardy on Friday.Brown's mother, Alma Jean Applebet, told Al.comin a phone interview her son should be presumed innocent until he has a chance to stand trial, though she acknowledged he has a history of arrests in Tennessee.
- DC and Warner Bros. have a couple of comic book movies coming out in 2020. The first is Birds Of Prey arriving on February 2, and the second is the highly-anticipated Wonder Woman 1984 debuting on June 5. During Comic-Con Experience in Brazil over the weekend, we finally got some more info about the movie, along with a trailer--which we knew had been coming for a while.Aside from the new images that were revealed, the Wonder Woman panel featured Wonder Woman 1984 star Gal Gadot and director Patt
- At least 43 people were killed Sunday in a devastating fire that ripped through a bag factory in the congested old quarter of the Indian capital New Delhi, with survivors describing the screams of workers trapped inside.The blaze was the worst in Delhi since 59 movie-goers died in a cinema in 1997.The cause of the blaze is not yet known, but the city's poor planning and lax enforcement of building and safety codes have often been blamed for such deadly incidents.
- It's a big day for Wonder Woman 1984. The first trailer for the 2020 movie was revealed to the world, and it had a lot of Steve Trevor in it, who isn't looking very dead. During Comic-Con Experience Brazil, four character posters were unveiled.Director of the upcoming June 2020 movie Patty Jenkins helped kick off the event, but before we got to see the trailer, Jenkins gave us our first look at Pedro Pascal as Maxwell Lord. Check out all four of the images from CCXP below.Gal Gadot as Wonder Wom
- The president in protest-wracked Lebanon Sunday postponed parliamentary consultations to nominate a new prime minister after Sunni Muslim leaders threw their support behind ex-premier Saad Hariri returning to the post.It said parliamentary consultations to choose a new prime minister were delayed "at the request of most parliamentary blocs" and to "allow for more deliberations".The postponement comes after Sunni Muslim leaders reached a consensus to back Hariri returning to office, a sidelined c
- During his speech to the Israeli American Council, Trump also said some Jewish people 'don't love Israel enough.'
- Democrats may well win the Trump impeachment debate in the court of public opinion. Republicans never managed that when they impeached Bill Clinton.
- The children, who were dressed just in socks and light clothing, both received cold-related injuries
- (Bloomberg) -- Brazil’s government scrapped plans to send a delegate to Alberto Fernandez’s inauguration ceremony in Argentina, representing an escalation in tensions between South America’s top economies.President Jair Bolsonaro has opted not to send anyone to the Dec. 10 swearing-in ceremony in Buenos Aires, according to a Brazilian official with direct knowledge of the matter. The move comes after he decided that Citizenship Minister Osmar Terra will no longer represent Braz
- Some 5,000 Ukrainians rallied in Kiev on Sunday warning President Volodymyr Zelensky to resist pressure from Russia's Vladimir Putin when the two men meet on Monday for talks on the conflict in Ukraine's east.Protesters held placards with slogans such as "No to capitulation", "Stay away from Moscow" and "Russian gas is a noose around our necks" during the rally, led by Zelensky's political opponents.The two leaders are due to meet for the first time since Zelensky's election in April at the talk
- Marc Mukasey has deep, personal connections within President Trump’s orbit, and he has worked on a number of high-profile cases involving the president.
- The FBI said Sunday that it is treating the mass shooting at Naval Air Station Pensacola as an act of terrorism so it can amass more resources to investigate whether the Saudi gunman was spurred by an “ideology.”Special Agent in Charge Rachel Rojas said authorities have not yet pinpointed shooter Mohammed Alshamrani’s motive for Friday’s ambush, which killed three and wounded eight.“I can tell you that we are looking very hard at uncovering his motive and I would as
- Authorities have charged two children with involuntary manslaughter after another child was hit by a car and killed, apparently following an argument.Police said they charged the suspects, an 11-year-old boy and a 12-year-old girl, after interviewing them at a police station in Charlotte, North Carolina.
- Thousands of people gathered in the center of Kiev on Sunday to send a message to Ukraine's president, who meets his Russian counterpart on Monday, that Ukrainians will not accept a peace deal at the cost of the country's independence and sovereignty."We are here because we are not satisfied with the peace at any costs ... the peace at the costs of capitulation," Inna Sovsun, a lawmaker of opposition Golos (Voice) party, told the rally.President Volodymyr Zelenskiy and Vladimir Putin are meeting
- Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Florida, on Sunday said it would play to the “president’s advantage” to have his top administration officials in an “out-of-the-box strategy” testify in the upcoming impeachment hearings.
- Despite Trump's orders, Nadler said the committee had seen valuable testimony from those who "came forward and defied the president's orders."
- (Bloomberg) -- Szymon Holownia, a TV show host and writer known for his Catholic views, announced plans to run against incumbent Andrzej Duda in next year’s presidential election.The 43-year-old political newcomer focused his announcement on social solidarity, climate protection and higher standards in Polish politics, characterized by what he called “a devouring clinch” between the ruling Law & Justice and the main opposition party Civic Platform.“It’s time for
- Iraqi security forces on Sunday set up checkpoints and manned them alongside unarmed members of a militia group, Iraqi police officials said, to protect anti-government protesters in central Baghdad plazas, two days after a deadly attack by unknown gunmen.The militia group, Saraya Salam or Peace Brigades, are linked to influential Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr, and have been present in Tahrir Square, the epicenter of Iraq's protest movement, where they have offered protection for hundreds of pea
- The winter flu season is off to its earliest start in more than 15 years. An early wave of illness in the South has begun to spread more broadly, and there’s a chance flu season could peak much earlier than normal, health officials say.
Trump impeachment: Vote on charges to remove president could happen this week, committee chairman saysA vote on impeachment charges against Donald Trump could take place this week, according to the chairman of the House Judiciary Committee.Jerrold Nadler said draft articles were already being prepared based on the evidence heard during the inquiry over the last months.
- Here are some of the biggest games coming next year
Xbox One is now a six-year-old platform. The release of its successor, currently referred to by Microsoft as Project Scarlett, is positioned to be one of the biggest events in gaming in 2020. Though it may appear that the Xbox One's days are numbered, one look at the release calendar for next year proves that there's still plenty of exciting games on the way.In this feature, we are going to run you through what we see as the biggest Xbox One ga
- There have been a number of huge games in 2019 on a variety of platforms, providing a variety of different experiences and some amazing worlds to explore. From the incredibly tough battles of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, to the strange, shifting supernatural setting of Control, to the intense teamwork of the battles of Apex Legends and beyond, 2019 was a great year to play games.But the year is drawing to a close, and it's time to look forward to what's on the horizon in 2020 and beyond. If you'r
- (Bloomberg) -- Ukrainian leader Volodymyr Zelenskiy is getting used to being peppered with questions about Donald Trump.At a briefing during a recent tour of the Baltic region, he interrupted an interpreter relaying a question from a reporter.“Even without knowing your beautiful language, I understood,” he said. “We’re in Estonia now, but unfortunately everyone’s interested in what’s happening with Trump. I’m interested in relations between our countries
- NEW YORK -- At a police station tucked into an end-of-the-line subway terminal in South Brooklyn, the new commander instructed officers to think of white and Asian people as "soft targets" and urged them to instead go after blacks and Latinos for minor offenses like jumping the turnstile, a half-dozen officers said in sworn statements."You are stopping too many Russian and Chinese," one of the officers, Daniel Perez, recalled the commander telling him earlier this decade.Another officer, Aaron D
Follow @GamesUKnews on Twitter!