- A selection of the week's best photos from across the continent.
- A release date has been announced for Wrath: Aeon of Ruin, an FPS game built within a modified version of the Quake engine. The game, which will be published by 3D Realms and 1C Entertainment, and is developed by KillPixel Games (which is making its debut here), will launch on February 25, 2021.Wrath: Aeon of Ruin is coming to PC, Switch, PS4, and Xbox One, and it looks very similar to the 90s classic it's based so heavily on. The game is currently available in Steam Early Access, and a new enem
- As the UK looks to start opening up its COVID-19 lockdown, film and TV productions have officially been given the go-ahead to resume in the country, as reported by The Guardian. While some experts warn that the UK is courting danger by beginning to open up too soon, the country is keen to kickstart an industry that brought in £3.6 billion last year.New guidelines penned by the British Film Commission and the British Film Institute have been approved by UK Government and health bodies, givi
- A new update for Animal Crossing: New Horizons is now available, but it doesn't make any major changes to the game. According to the patch notes on Nintendo's support website, the 1.2.1 update "addressed issues to further ensure an enjoyable gaming experience." The notes don't delve into any specific changes, but one of the issues that appears to have been resolved is the item duplication glitch.You'll need to install the latest update to continue playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons online. If
- As seen in the cinematic reveal trailer for Assassin's Creed Valhalla, protagonist Eivor uses a conspicuous version of the hidden blade where the actual blade can be seen on top of the forearm as opposed to being hidden on the bottom. Ubisoft decided to remove the "hidden" aspect of the hidden blade in order to better fit the tone of Valhalla and Eivor's culture."It is a deliberate decision," Assassin's Creed Valhalla narrative director Darby McDevitt said on Twitter. "It's something that Eivor
- Summer in Mara, a beautiful-looking farming/adventure game, has announced a release date, and it's not far off. The game will arrive on PC through Steam and on the Nintendo Switch Eshop on June 16, developer Chibig has announced.Summer in Mara, which earned over ten times what it was asking for on Kickstarter, casts the player as Koa, a young girl exploring and working on a tropical island. You can build up your own farm, take to the ocean and explore by boat, and dive deep into the island's num
- The Last of Us Part II is finally almost upon us, with its June 19 release date inching ever closer. The game, which has faced delays and leaking plot details, is still tracking very well, according to Sony--and, in fact, could end up breaking sales records.According to PlayStation CEO Jim Ryan, who spoke to GameSpot sister site CNET ahead of Sony's upcoming PlayStation 5 reveal, The Last Of Us Part II is likely to sell big numbers. In Europe, pre-orders are tracking ahead of Marvel's Spider-Man
- NHL superstar P.K. Subban of the New Jersey Devils is starting a new YouTube series focused on EA's NHL video game series. "P.K. Subban's NHL 20 Hockey Night" is a new show where two NHL players will go head-to-head in the video game, with Subban providing commentary.In the first episode, Subban calls a game between Roman Josi of the Nashville Predators and Anthony Bitetto of the Winnipeg Jets. Subban provides some excellent commentary--he's both funny and informative, which is what makes a good
- A guide to SpaceX's Crew Dragon vehicle, which carried astronauts to the space station.
- When a new console generation is released, usually the changes are incremental--enough to be impressive, but never truly mind-blowing. That's why sometimes you have to compare a modern console to its retro counterpart to understand how much games have really grown--sometimes literally.Redditor CorsairVI decided to run the math on this experiment, as picked up by Go Nintendo.With the Nintendo 64's signature rounded cartridges holding a maximum of 64MB each, CorsairVI worked out absolute maximum s
- Officials said they have had no reports of injuries. The truck driver was pulled from the cab and has been arrested.
- Cartoonist Priya Kuriyan documents how masks became prevalent in India - even before its lockdown.
- EA Sports was scheduled to formally announce Madden NFL 21 on June 1, but the developer has changed plans in response to recent events in the world. Not only that, but Xbox, Bethesda, Riot Games, and Summerfall Studios have responded as well.EA Sports said in a statement on Twitter, "We stand with our African American / Black community of friends, players, colleagues, and partners. Our immediate attention is on actions we can take to drive change against the unjust treatment and systemic bias th
- The PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X are set to release this year, kicking off the next generation of consoles, and our first look at what the PS5 will be capable of came from a demonstration of Unreal Engine 5. But producing such highly detailed graphics will not come cheap, and could lead to an increase in the development cost of AAA games.Sony Interactive Entertainment president and CEO Jim Ryan has talked to gamesindustry.biz about the cost of creating a game that will look like the Unreal En
- "If you were out protesting last night, you probably need to go get a COVID test this week," said the mayor of Atlanta.
- Secret Service agents rushed President Donald Trump to a White House bunker on Friday night as hundreds of protesters gathered outside the executive mansion, some of them throwing rocks and tugging at police barricades.Trump spent nearly an hour in the bunker, which was designed for use in emergencies like terrorist attacks, according to a Republican close to the White House who was not authorized to publicly discuss private matters and spoke on condition of anonymity.The account was confirmed b
Fallout 76 Refunds Now Available In Australia After Retailer Misleads Consumers About Getting Their Money BackPeople in Australia who bought Fallout 76 and felt misled by a refund policy can now request one from one of the largest retailers in the country.The Australian Competition & Consumer Commission (ACCC) has announced that EB Games--which is owned by American games retailer juggernaut GameStop--has begun to send out refunds to customers after admitting that the store "likely" misled consumers. Specifically, the ACCC's announcement states that EB Games acknowledged that it was "likely to have m
- The Outer Worlds is coming to Switch on June 5, and we're starting to get some idea of how Obsidian's RPG will run and play on Switch. Although we have not seen footage of the game running on Nintendo's console yet, we now know that it will target a frame rate of 30FPS, and a few other facts about the port.Speaking to Nintendo Everything, the game's production director Eric DeMilt spoke about the changes being made for the Switch version. To aid accessibility and the ease of playing, the develop
- The first-ever PGA Tour 2K game, PGA Tour 2K21,releases this year, and developer HB Studios has now announced some new details about what to expect. The developer answered fan questions on Reddit, and started off by confirming that there will not be cross-play support for multiplayer. However, the courses made with PGA Tour 2K21's level editor can be shared across all systems. The game is releasing on PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, and Stadia. Additionally, PGA Tour 2K21 will allow players to import
EA Delays Madden 21 Reveal Amid Calls For Action To Fight Racism; Xbox, Bethesda, Star Wars, Marvel Also RespondEA Sports was scheduled to formally announce Madden NFL 21 on June 1, but the developer has changed plans in response to recent events in the world. Not only that, but Xbox, Bethesda, Riot Games, and Summerfall Studios have responded as well.EA Sports said in a statement on Twitter, "We stand with our African American / Black community of friends, players, colleagues, and partners. Our immediate attention is on actions we can take to drive change against the unjust treatment and systemic bias th
EA Delays Madden 21 Reveal Amid Calls For Action To Fight Racism; Naughty Dog, Xbox, Bethesda, Star Wars, Marvel Also ReEA Sports was scheduled to formally announce Madden NFL 21 on June 1, but the developer has changed plans in response to recent events in the world. Not only that, but Xbox, Bethesda, Riot Games, and Summerfall Studios have responded as well.EA Sports said in a statement on Twitter, "We stand with our African American / Black community of friends, players, colleagues, and partners. Our immediate attention is on actions we can take to drive change against the unjust treatment and systemic bias th
- The looting continued Sunday after a peaceful protest of the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis Saturday in Center City Philadelphia turned violent with fires set and storefronts smashed.
- Halo Infinite developer 343 Industries has posted its latest behind-the-scenes video that shows how the audio team captured sounds for the next-generation Halo game. The team used the industrial explosives ANFO and TNT to capture sounds for the game. They planted the charges six feet underground inside of barrels that were blown to bits, leaving giant smoke plumes and pieces of the barrels launching high into the sky and crashing back down to Earth. View this post on Instagram🧨💥&
- Chris Evans, who has played Steve Rogers (aka Captain America) in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, recently passed on his shield at the end of Avengers: Endgame. Now, over a year later, Chris Evans has reflected on wrapping up his iconic role--and it doesn't sound like he's keen to return to it anytime soon.On the May 29 episode of The Graham Norton Show--as reported by Digital Spy--Evans said that because he "went out on such a high note" with the character, he's unlikely to play him again. "It w
- Officials say driver hospitalized after being dragged from his truck and beaten, but no others were hurt* George Floyd protests: live coverage* Dispatch from Minneapolis: the night the city cracked downA fuel semi-truck drove into a George Floyd demonstration of thousands of people on a bridge in Minneapolis apparently without seriously injuring anyone.A large crowd protesting against the death of Floyd and against police brutality had blocked the Interstate 35 west bridge near downtown Minneapo
- Halo 3 will be added to Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC soon, and now developer 343 Industries has shared some of the first images of the game running on PC.Two of the images showcase the multiplayer map Snowbound, and it looks very crisp. Another image shows off the Avalanche map with a super-sized Elephant vehicle on it. The fourth image reveals what looks like the Foundry multiplayer map in the Forge map-making suite. You can check out all the images in the gallery below--click each
EA Delays Madden 21 Reveal Amid Calls For Action To Fight Racism; Xbox, Bethesda, Riot Games, Also Weigh InEA Sports was scheduled to formally announce Madden NFL 21 on June 1, but the developer has changed plans in response to recent events in the world.The company said in a statement on Twitter, "We stand with our African American / Black community of friends, players, colleagues, and partners. Our immediate attention is on actions we can take to drive change against the unjust treatment and systemic bias that is plaguing the nation and our world."The statement goes on: "We'll find another time to
EA Delays Madden 21 Reveal Amid Calls For Action To Fight Racism; Xbox, Bethesda, Riot Games Also Respond
- As thousands of people were on the bridge of Minneapolis Interstate 35W protesting the death of George Floyd, a large tanker truck driving at a high speed appears to try hitting protesters. CBSN Minnesota reports.
- A tanker truck drove through thousands of people marching on a Minneapolis highway to protest the death of George Floyd on Sunday before protesters dragged the driver from the cab and beat him, according to a Reuters witness and authorities.It did not appear any of the marchers were injured when the truck raced towards them on I-35, blowing its horn, sending protesters scattering before coming to a stop, according to the witness and a tweet by the Minnesota Department of Public Security (MNDPS).
Follow @GamesUKnews on Twitter!