- Democratic leaders push to slash law enforcement budgets as crime rates in many cities rise; reaction and analysis on 'The Five.'
- "The search for Vanessa is now over," said Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller. He described the area as a "shallow grave."
- Frequent claims that the Democratic Party of the 19th century either started the Civil War or formed the KKK are false, according to historians.
How the explosive YouTube war between James Charles and Tati Westbrook brought the value of vitamin supplements into questionWestbrook and Charles' falling out and Westbrook's apology video raised questions about the value of supplements.
- One of the two Tulsa, Oklahoma, police officers who were shot during a traffic stop has died, authorities said Tuesday.Police Chief Wendell Franklin said Sgt. Craig Johnson died Tuesday.Franklin described Johnson's death as a “tremendous loss” to the police department.
- Bar owners in Texas are suing governor Greg Abbott and the Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission after they were ordered to close amid rising coronavirus cases in the state.The businesses have argued in court documents that Mr Abbott’s recent executive order, which paused the further reopening of the state and forced them to close, has singled them out unfairly, according to CBS News.
- A woman who caused a deadly crash last February has been sentenced to 20 years in prison.
- In Republican circles -- with the notable exception of the man who leads the party -- the debate about masks is over: It’s time to put one on.As a surge of infections hammers the South and West, GOP officials are pushing back against the notion that masks are about politics, as President Donald Trump suggests, and telling Americans they can help save lives.Sen. Lamar Alexander, a Tennessee Republican, on Tuesday bluntly called on Trump to start wearing a mask, at least some of the time, to
- Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro’s latest education minister reportedly offered his resignation Tuesday just days after his appointment, creating a new headache for the embattled leader as he struggles to start a new chapter at the ministry and shore up flagging support.Economist Carlos Alberto Decotelli, facing a slew of allegations that he embellished his academic credentials, tendered his resignation in the afternoon, Brazilian media said, including a report in the newspaper Folha de
- Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul, Republican member of the Senate Health, Education, Labor and Pensions Committee, joins Neil Cavuto with insight on 'Your World.'
- The restaurant chain has faced past criticism for donations to various organizations, but a viral claim about giving to anti-LGBTQ groups is untrue.
- New cases have been increasing by about 40,000 a day, Fauci told Congress Tuesday, adding that could rise to 100,000 a day without changes.
- Russia has told the U.N. atomic watchdog there have been no nuclear incidents on its territory that could explain elevated but still harmless levels of radioactive particles detected on the Baltic Sea last week, the U.N. agency said on Tuesday.A separate body, the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization (CTBTO), which watches for nuclear weapon tests, said on Friday a monitoring station in Sweden had found higher-than-usual levels of caesium-134, caesium-137 and ruthenium-103.
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time will not have microtransactions, developer Toys For Bob clarified in a tweet. This comes after speculation that the game might have them because the Microsoft Store listing for the game states it "offers in-app purchases." This label may have been caused by the Totally Tubular Skins, which are included with the game but listed as a separate item on the store.We're seeing confusion about #MTX in @CrashBandicoot 4 and want to be 💎 clear: There are NO MICR
- West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin, Democratic member of the Senate Appropriations Committee, joins Neil Cavuto on 'Your World.'
- The man, a pastor at a Las Vegas church, killed his 71-year-old neighbor and her friend with a shotgun, police say.
- As cases of the coronavirus keep rising, Gavin Newsom pointed to indoor spaces and insisted, “We have to be tougher.”
Top Trump aide says president is 'eager to return to the campaign trail' amid reports a planned rally was scrappedTrump campaign communications director Tim Murtaugh held a press conference call with reporters on Tuesday where he said the president is “eager to return to the campaign trail and to keep campaigning and keep connecting with Americans.”
- While technically "new," the jet is likely something we’ve seen before.
- The live streaming service YouTube TV, which is owned by Google, is set to increase the monthly price to its service. Starting today, it will cost new customers $65 a month. Those who already have YouTube TV will not see the price change on their statements until on or after July 30.The service has been making many changes this year, and the cost increase will reflect the improvements to the service, according to YouTube. "We don't take these decisions lightly, and realize how hard this is for o
- At a press briefing on Tuesday, White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany said President Trump reads the President’s Daily Brief, and added that he is “the most informed person on planet earth when it comes to the threats that we face.”
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons's first free summer content update arrives on July 3. Not only will the update bring back another returning character, Pascal, it will also introduce the ability to swim, and Nintendo has revealed a bit more about how that will work.Much like in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, you'll need to have a wetsuit to swim in New Horizons. Following the summer update, you'll find wetsuits for sale in Nook's Cranny alongside the other tools. After you purchase one, simply put it o
Kayleigh McEnany says President Trump is the most informed person on Earth when it comes to threats to USWhite House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany responds to reporter's question on whether President Trump was briefed about reported Russian bounties on U.S. troops.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons's first free summer content update arrives on July 3. Not only will the update bring back another returning character, Pascal, it will also introduce the ability to swim, and Nintendo has explained how that will work.Much like in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, you'll need to have a wetsuit to swim in New Horizons. Following the summer update, you'll find wetsuits for sale in Nook's Cranny alongside the other tools. After you purchase one, simply put it on and you'll be
- Although many airlines require masks amid the coronavirus pandemic, not all do. Among those that do, enforcement and compliance isn't always certain.
- It's Anime Month at the Microsoft Store once again, which means you can save up to 70% on popular anime films and TV shows that you can watch on Xbox One or PC. The sale is going on all month long, and if you spend at least $40 on any anime in the sale, you'll get 4,000 MS Rewards points. That comes out to about $4, but when you're getting it on top of steep discounts, who's complaining?The sale notably includes all seasons of Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball Super, with both English and Japanese a
- Retailers such as Wayfair and Walmart are also offering major savings.
- Pompeo finally had his chance to face off with Iran, Russia, and China. He may have gotten more than he bargained for.
- Those crushed by Hollywood's repeated empty promises to make a movie based on the Marvel comic book character Gambit, may enjoy a brief taste of the playing card-throwing, trench coat-wearing, some sort of accent-having mutant antihero in a new fan made short film, Play For Keeps.Actor Nick Bateman, who plays Gambit in the 20-min short, posted the video to his YouTube account recently, but the short incorporates footage from a teaser that Bateman and director Jensen Noen released in 2017. That
Kellyanne Conway's 15-year-old daughter is defiantly posting anti-Trump and pro-Black Lives Matter TikToks 'to inform people and spread love'Claudia Conway said her mother, White House adviser Kellyanne Conway, asked her to delete the TikTok videos, but she "respectfully declined" to do so.
- A former Venezuelan general who was organizing a volunteer army to overthrow Nicolas Maduro says he is unable to afford a legal defense in a U.S. narcotics case that charges him alongside gis homeland's socialist president.Gen. Cliver Alcala surrenderedin March to face U.S. accusations that he led with Maduro and two others for two decades a narcoterrorist conspiracy that sent 250 metric tons of cocaine a year to the U.S. and turned the Venezuelan state into a platform for violent cartels and Co
There's no comprehensive database of police killings in the US, so a group of volunteers is making oneEBWiki, or "End Bias Wiki," is reminding the public that police forces kill Black Americans every day and agitating for justice.
- A former US Navy SEAL has hit out at Donald Trump in a new attack ad released by a Republican political group, calling him a "coward" or "complicit" regarding the allegations that Russia has been paying bounties to Afghans who kill US military members.The minute-long ad by the Lincoln Project features former US Navy SEAL Dr Dan Barkhuff — now an emergency room doctor and the founder of the Veterans for Responsible Leadership PAC — chastising the president for his response to reports
- No time for a multi-season epic? These one-and-done mini and anthology series are the perfect length to stream.As much as we all love sweeping, expansive, multi-season epics like Westworld or Game Of Thrones, sometimes it's better to be realistic. Even while stuck at home, not everyone has the time (or, more realistically, the focus) to mainline dozens of hours of TV. And that's totally okay--because with streaming services like HBO Max, Hulu, and Netflix, you have access to plenty of 10-episode
- I’ll never forget a student’s response when I asked during a middle school social studies class what they knew about black history: “Martin Luther King freed the slaves.”Martin Luther King Jr. was born in 1929, more than six decades after the time of enslavement. To me, this comment underscored how closely Americans associate black history with slavery.While shocked, I knew this mistaken belief reflected the lack of time, depth and breadth schools devote to black history.
- This platform gave the B-52 one interesting way to trick its opponents.
- Quarantine has been hard, don't get me wrong, but I've been fighting my bouts of depression, boredom, loneliness without the burden of being ill.
- via politico.comNegotiations are likely to be even more painful in this round of talks.
- Apple is reportedly shifting its Apple Arcade subscription strategy, attempting to lean in on games that will retain its subscriber base.Bloomberg reports that the company has scrapped some development contracts with game studios. Developers involved say they were told their games didn't have a level of "engagement" that the company is looking for, as it seeks to keep users subscribed over a longer period of time. Developers also noted that Apple specifically cited Grindstone as an example of th
- Lin-Manuel Miranda's iconic musical Hamilton is streaming on Disney+. Here's what to look for when you finally watch it.Hamilton's release on Disney+ will be many people's first opportunity to see the show. If you're one of those people--if you never entered a ticket lottery in New York or caught a newer iteration in another location--you're in for a treat when Lin-Manuel Miranda's iconic historical hip hop musical hits Disney's streaming service on July 3.The streaming version of Miranda's musi
- Dwayne Wynn was over at his next-door neighbor’s house chatting about an alligator spotted in a nearby lake. Then, Wynn spotted something else: a red Jeep Cherokee pulling into his driveway, driven by a man delivering fliers to mailboxes.
- In a bizarre move, despite having been released in May, Amazon's Crucible is shifting back into a closed beta beginning on July 1. The move comes after a quiet launch, which marked the first release from Amazon's internal game studios.Crucible game will continue to be accessible for players 24/7, butthe development team will be scheduling out time to play with the community and solicit feedback. The game will also still be accessible through Steam for current players. Anyone that wants access to
- Like many young Americans, Brea Baker experienced her first moment of political outrage after the killing of a Black man. She was 18 when Trayvon Martin was shot. When she saw his photo on the news, she thought of her younger brother, and the boundary between her politics and her sense of survival collapsed.In college she volunteered for the NAACP and as a national organizer for the Women's March. But when conversations among campus activists turned to abortion access, she did not feel the same
- A vote on amendments to Russia’s constitution that could allow President Vladimir Putin to hold power until 2036 entered its final day Wednesday amid widespread reports of pressure on voters and other irregularities.For the first time in Russia, polls were open for a week to bolster turnout without increasing crowds casting ballots amid the coronavirus pandemic — a provision that Kremlin critics denounced as an extra tool to manipulate the outcome.Putin is all but guaranteed to get t
- Respawn has pushed a hotfix update for Apex Legends which addresses several noticeable bugs that popped up in the battle royale game with the release of the Lost Treasures update. The full patch notes for this latest hotfix update are listed below.Of note, the hotfix addresses the Mobile Respawn Beacon that spawned in the now-open bunker near Water Treatment. Currently, Mobile Respawn Beacons are exclusive to the limited-time Armed & Dangerous mode, but they're set to release into the standa
- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has warned Afghanistan's Taliban against attacks on Americans, the State Department said Tuesday, amid outrage over alleged Russian bounties to target US troops.In a telephone call Monday with Taliban negotiator Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, Pompeo "made clear the expectation for the Taliban to live up to their commitments, which include not attacking Americans," a State Department statement said.
- The U.S. Department of Justice, Department of Health and Human Services and Federal Trade Commission warned that fake contact tracers were asking for money and trying to collect social security numbers, bank and credit card information from individuals.The DoJ said it would continue to prosecute those committing such fraud.
- President’s brother, Robert Trump, is trying to stop publication of niece’s ‘revelatory’ tell-all bookMary Trump filed an immediate appeal on Tuesday, after a judge in New York issued a preliminary injunction to stop Donald Trump’s niece publishing a book about the family.The president’s brother, Robert Trump, is attempting to stop the publication of Too Much and Never Enough: How My Family Created the World’s Most Dangerous Man, which is due for publica
- The Iron Banner has returned to Destiny 2 for the first time in the Season of Arrivals, and with it comes a new quest to unlock two re-issued weapons. They are The Forward path, an auto rifle, and The Fool's Remedy, a sidearm, and both are worth adding to your collection. To get them, you'll need to complete the new Red-Hot Iron quest from Lord Saladin in the Tower.The quest requires some grinding to get the guns, so here's how to knock out Red-Hot Iron quickly and efficiently.Step 1: Old Reliab
- Joe Biden said Tuesday that his team is putting together a list of potential options for his first Supreme Court nominee, which he has already pledged will be a Black woman.Biden had previously committed that one of his first acts as president would be to nominate a Black woman to serve on the country’s highest court, but he had resisted calls from advocacy groups to commit to releasing a full list of options during the campaign.In contrast, President Donald Trump pledged earlier this mont
05 Jul 202004 Jul 202003 Jul 202002 Jul 202001 Jul 202029 Jun 202028 Jun 202027 Jun 202026 Jun 202025 Jun 2020
Follow @GamesUKnews on Twitter!