- Vindman and Williams directly listened in on the phone call at the center of the inquiry. Volker and Morrison witnessed Trump's shadow Ukraine policy.
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has told three prominent Republicans he plans to resign from the Trump Administration to run for a U.S. Senate seat from Kansas in 2020
- There's a lot to like about Disney+'s first streaming Star Wars show The Mandalorian. It's got all the cool, spaghetti western vibes you could ever ask for, a great soundtrack, an interesting cast of characters, and a budget that keeps the entire thing looking slick. But all of that is just a dim second to the single most important addition The Mandalorian has made to Star Wars canon: Baby Yoda. And it's our lucky day because showrunner Jon Favreau has just shared a look at the original concept
- After weeks of retailers releasing Black Friday ads to build anticipation for the event, GameStop has finally revealed its hand. With less than a week until Black Friday sales officially begin, GameStop has released a flyer for its "early deals," which will be available for a full week.Nintendo Switch offers are noticeably missing from GameStop's first round of Black Friday deals. While we do expect to see Switch deals at GameStop during Black Friday, don't anticipate any significant discounts o
- Tim Morrison, a former National Security Council official, explained why he was not comfortable with what Gordon Sondland, the United States Ambassador to the European Union, had told him.
Kurt Volker completely reverses his previous impeachment testimony and now says he thought discussions about political investigations were 'inappropriate'Volker has been accused of working with Rudy Giuliani and the US ambassador to the EU to pressure Ukraine to investigate Trump's political opponents.
- See Minecraft Dungeons gameplay from X019 ahead of the April 2020 release date. Minecraft Dungeons will be on PC, PS4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
- It's no surprise that Marvel's streaming TV show, Runaways, is ending considering Disney+ is primed and ready to dominate the superhero streaming market next year with shows like The Falcon And The Winter Soldier and WandaVision. The news of the show's imminent finale was confirmed yesterday via Variety. But that doesn't mean Runaways is going to go down quietly--quite the contrary, it would seem. Judging by the brand-new trailer released for the show's third and final season, Runaways plans to
- Douglas Haig, 57, of Mesa, Arizona, became the first and only person arrested and charged in connection with the Oct. 1, 2017, massacre, which ended when the gunman, Stephen Paddock, killed himself.Haig told reporters following his arrest early last year that none of the surplus military ammunition he sold to Paddock in September 2017 was ever fired during the killing spree, which ranks as the deadliest mass shooting in modern U.S. history.The case against Haig stemmed from the federal investiga
- Dave breaks down Season 4, Episode 2 of Rick and Morty with all of "The Old Man and the Seat's" hidden Easter Eggs and references.
Trump claims first lady thought he'd had heart attack because of 'sick' media coverage of medical visitDonald Trump claimed the first lady thought he had had a heart attack after the "sick" media reported on his unscheduled visit to a medical centre.The president was unexpectedly taken to the Walter Reed Medical Centre on Saturday in a visit that was not listed on his official engagements and which came just nine months after his annual physical.
Trump news: Witnesses describe 'improper' Ukraine call as president mocks veteran's military uniformThe third day of public testimony in the impeachment inquiry against Donald Trump yielded witnesses who largely propped up Democrats' allegations that the president sought to use his public office to coerce the Ukrainian government into investigating Joe Biden — and even some testimony from witnesses seen as sympathetic to Republicans saying that Mr Biden was not known to have done anything wrong.Throughout the marathon of hearings, Washington heard from National Security Council official
GLAAD Commends Chick-fil-A for Dropping Donations to Christian Groups But Demands Franchise Change ‘Anti-LGBTQ’ BrandOn Monday, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation commended Chick-fil-A for its decision to halt donations to several Christian charities but demanded the fast-food chain do more to change its "anti-LGBTQ" brand.GLAAD said it "greet[s] today's announcement with cautious optimism" but warned that the Georgia-based company still has work to do to fix its tarnished image with the LGBTQ community."In addition to refraining from financially supporting anti-LGBTQ organizations, Chick-fil
- Black Friday 2019 hits next week, which means it's time to start thinking about which stores will have deals on the things you're shopping for this holiday season. A few stores have already announced their Black Friday deals, and Amazon has gotten a bit ahead of the competition with its Happy HoliDeals sale.As with Prime Day, Amazon's holiday deals page includes a mix of Lightning Deals--which are only available for a limited time--and longer-term deals that should be available throughout the du
Special envoy Kurt Volker says 'most people' didn't see the distinction between Burisma and investigating former Vice President BidenSpecial envoy to Ukraine Kurt Volker said during questioning that "others didn't see the distinction" between Burisma and investigating former Vice President Biden.
- The American Medical Association (AMA) on Tuesday called for a total ban on all e-cigarette and vaping products that are not approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration as smoking cessation tools.The AMA is urging regulators and legislators at the state and local levels to ban the sale and distribution of all e-cigarette and vaping products, and stipulates that those products should only be available by prescription.
- A House Democratic panel on Tuesday recommended that Rep. Carolyn Maloney lead the powerful House Oversight and Reform Committee, and if the party’s caucus goes along, the veteran New York lawmaker would have an influential role in the impeachment inquiry of President Donald Trump.House Democrats planned a vote Wednesday on the recommendation.The steering committee includes members selected by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif. Its recommendations are usually, but not always, endorsed by
- What does this mean for America?
- The FBI wished it had taken swifter action as Beijing recruited U.S.-based researchers to transfer intellectual property from American laboratories, a senior official at the agency said on Tuesday during Senate testimony.The admission by John Brown, assistant director of the Counterintelligence Division at the FBI, backed up a Senate subcommittee report that found federal agencies had responded too slowly as China recruited the researchers, leaving U.S. taxpayers unwittingly funding the rise of
- (Bloomberg) -- The pound remained lower Tuesday after a snap poll showed respondents believed Prime Minister Boris Johnson narrowly edged out opposition leader Jeremy Corbyn in their first debate ahead of the U.K. election.Sterling was down 0.2% to $1.2926 at 9:46 p.m. in London, poised for the first loss in five days. The currency touched the day’s low at $1.2911 just before the start of the debate and pared losses throughout as the leaders traversed issues ranging from Brexit to the nati
- It's been long-rumored that Superman actor Henry Cavill was allegedly hanging up the cape. However, Cavill has definitively commented on the speculation, saying that he is not done with the Man of Steel role yet.In a lengthy profile by Men's Health, Cavill made it clear that the superhero character is a role he guards fiercely. "The cape is in the closet," Cavill said. "It's still mine."While Cavill is donning Geralt of Rivia's leather in Netflix's The Witcher TV series this December, the actor
- 'A lengthy prison sentence or a burdensome financial fine would not rehabilitate him,' Rep. Omar wrote
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom cracked down on oil producers Tuesday, halting approval of hundreds of fracking permits until independent scientists can review them and temporarily banning new wells using another drilling method that regulators believe is linked to one of the largest spills in state history.The state Division of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources announced it will not approve new wells that use high-pressure steam to extract oil from underground.It’s the type of process Chevro
- California Gov. Gavin Newsom cracked down on oil producers Tuesday, halting approval of hundreds of fracking permits until independent scientists can review them and temporarily banning another drilling method that regulators believe is linked to one of the largest spills in state history.The state Division of Oil, Gas and Geothermal Resources announced it will not approve new wells that use high-pressure steam to extract oil from underground.It’s the type of process Chevron uses at an oil
- Microsoft's Xbox Game Pass subscription service, which recently got a huge bump in titles at this year's X019 event, becomes an ever better deal with each passing year. It offers a huge library of games for Xbox One and/or PC for a monthly fee, similar to Netflix. Microsoft's recently made the deal even better with some great discounts on the service, and with Black Friday coming up soon, we'll probably see even better deals on Game Pass, Game Pass Ultimate, and Xbox Live Gold over the next coup
- Which My Hero Academia quirk is the most troubling?The world of My Hero Academia sounds deceptively tame, especially if you're a fan of American superhero comics. The idea is that everyone in the world is, essentially, born an X-Man. People who don't have superpowers--or "quirks" as they're called here--are actually more rare than people who do, and as such, the world is populated by people with powers and abilities that seem completely bizarre--and occasionally downright disgusting--even by Mar
Kurt Volker reverses past testimony, admits Sondland brought up Biden investigations in meeting with UkraineFormer Ukraine envoy Kurt Volker has one big revision to his first impeachment testimony.In his original closed-door testimony, when asked if there was any talk of investigating the Bidens in a July 10 meeting with a Ukrainian defense leader, Volker repeatedly answered "no." But when appearing publicly before the House Intelligence Committee on Tuesday, Volker reversed that statement.In his lengthy opening statement Tuesday, Volker mentioned meeting with then-National Security Adviser John Bolto
- Supporters of Tennessee death row inmate Abu-Ali Abdur’Rahman kicked off a clemency campaign on Tuesday amid uncertainty over whether his death sentence will be upheld.Abdur'Rahman (AHB'-dur-RAK'-mahn) was sentenced to die in 1987 for the murder of Patrick Daniels, who was stabbed to death.Norma Jean Norman was also stabbed but survived.
- Despite decades of sanctions, Iran has succeeded in developing its missile arsenal, which is larger than that of any other Middle Eastern country including Israel, a Pentagon study said Tuesday."Iran has an extensive missile development program, and the size and sophistication of its missile force continues to grow despite decades of counterproliferation efforts aimed at curbing its advancement," the Defense Intelligence Agency said.The study said Iran considered missiles to be a strategic neces
- The US aircraft carrier strike group Abraham Lincoln sailed through the key Strait of Hormuz on Tuesday to show Washington's "commitment" to freedom of navigation, the Pentagon said, amid tensions with Tehran.The group's move through the strategic waterway separating Iran and the United Arab Emirates towards the Gulf was scheduled, and unfolded without incident, the US Navy said in a statement.It was the first time a US aircraft carrier group went through the strait since Iran downed a US drone
- From flowing streams to hummocky hills, scientists have charted the moon's spellbinding surface.
Half of Indiana's school districts close, thousands of teachers demand better pay on Red for Ed Action DayMore than 15,000 people are expected to flood downtown Indianapolis on Tuesday for what could be the largest Statehouse rally in more than 20 years.
- After two episodes of The Mandalorian, I know nothing about anything that's happening, and I'm wondering why I should care.The first live-action TV show outing in the Disney Star Wars era certainly nails a cool aesthetic about the galaxy far, far away. It follows a Mandalorian bounty hunter (who is not Boba Fett), taking jobs in the post-Return of the Jedi era. It gets the ships and the aliens right, as well as the zings of blaster bolts, the dangers of massive creatures and uncooperative humano
- Federal prosecutors are planning to interview an executive with Ukraine’s state-owned gas company as part of an ongoing probe into the business dealings of Rudy Giuliani and two of his Soviet-born business associates.A lawyer for Andrew Favorov confirmed Tuesday that he is scheduled to meet voluntarily with the U.S. Justice Department.Favorov is the director of the integrated gas division at Naftogaz, the state-owned gas provider in Ukraine.
- The house where Adolf Hitler was born will be turned into a police station, Austria's interior minister said, after years of debate over how best to prevent it becoming a pilgrimage site for neo-Nazis.Having recently carried out a compulsory purchase of the house in Braunau am Inn, a town on the border with Germany, Austria will invite architects to submit plans for a redesign of the building.It will house the local police force's offices, the Interior Ministry said in a statement on Tuesday.
- U.S. Senator Elizabeth Warren said on Tuesday if elected to the White House she would use "every tool" at her disposal to combat white nationalist violence, beginning with directing the FBI and Justice Department to put a renewed focus on domestic terrorism. Warren, one of 18 Democrats vying for the party's nomination to take on President Donald Trump in November 2020, said U.S. law enforcement agencies have prioritized investigating international terrorism since the September 2001 attacks, even
- A Norwegian man freed by Moscow from an espionage jail term as part of a spy swap between Lithuania and Russia said on Tuesday he felt "deceived" by his country's intelligence service.Frode Berg, 64, a retired Norwegian border guard, was detained in Moscow in 2017 following a sting operation by Russia's FSB security service and freed on Friday as part of an exchange reminiscent of the Cold War.
- Black Friday 2019 is nearly upon us, and several stores and companies have already announced what they'll have discounted before and after Thanksgiving this year. Consoles, games, and accessories are all getting major discounts, of course, but that doesn't mean you should jump at the first deal you see. Stores are competing for the best deals, which can make keeping up with where the best deal is difficult. That's why we're here; we've compiled the best Black Friday 2019 deals from across retai
- (Bloomberg) -- Traders should brace for heightened volatility in 2020 as the U.S. presidential election becomes one more reason for investors to hedge, according to TD Securities.The firm calls next year’s vote “a giant risk event,” and expects President Donald Trump to become the first American leader to be impeached by the House while running for re-election. A surge in volatility would shatter the recent market tranquility that’s been driven by signs of a rebounding ec
- Every year, Raw and Smackdown face each other for brand supremacy at the fall PPV Survivor Series. The annual event always offers up some exciting team ups between superstars, but what's different about this year is that Raw and Smackdown will have another competitor to face: NXT. This PPV is going to have a lot of people wrestling on the card. In fact, as of this writing, 31 WWE superstars will appear.Coming to the Allstate Arena in Chicago, IL on Sunday, November 24. The main card starts at 4
- Black Friday 2019 takes place on November 29, but deals will be starting sooner than that. With about a week to go until sales begin, we've already seen what plenty of retailers will offer during from before Black Friday and through Cyber Monday, including offers on Nintendo Switch and its games. Nintendo is no different--the company has already shown off some of its official deals, but Nintendo's Black Friday page says to "check back soon for more deals," which means more deals are on the way i
- Kim Gervais, who was left a quadriplegic after the shooting at the Route 91 Harvest Music Festival in Las Vegas in 2017, died on Friday, her sister told KVVU-TV.
- There is a real sense in which elected officials are the authors of our political life. But typically their stories are not carefully structured. They respond to events as they unfold and attempt to impose some kind of order upon them.It has been possible over the course of the first three days of impeachment hearings, however, to see a definite structure -- a gradual move from the periphery of President Trump's dealings with Ukraine to those who were directly familiar with the infamous July 25
- Target routinely has some of the best Black Friday deals across gaming, tech, and entertainment. As one of the largest brick-and-mortar retailers in the US, Target not only has great deals, but they have a lot of them.We already took an in-depth look at Target's Black Friday 2019 ad, outlining a huge selection of gaming products alongside TVs, laptops, and smart devices. Now let's hone in on the very best deals in our mind. From awesome PS4 and Xbox One console bundles to ridiculously good deal
- Is Elizabeth Warren past her peak? Reading all the hot takes online, you’d almost think so. And so with Wednesday’s Washington Post/MSNBC debate looming, and with the Iowa caucuses a mere two and a half months away, has the time come to downgrade Warren’s chances of winning the nomination? The short answer is not quite yet. Going forward, Warren’s fate depends on whether she can put behind her the thing that’s been weighing her down for weeks now: her own
- Read Tim Morrison’s prepared opening remarks below.Follow our live coverage of today's hearing, and read House Intelligence Chairman Adam Schiff's opening statement.Chairman Schiff, Ranking Member Nunes, and Members of the Committee, I appear before you today under subpoena to answer your questions about my time as Senior Director for European Affairs at the White House and the National Security Council (“NSC”), as related to Ukraine and U.S. security sector assistance to that
- The phrase "the early bird gets the worm" has never been truer than it is on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. During the insanity of those sales, it's not enough to know what the best deals will be--you also want to know exactly when those deals will be available so you can be among the first shoppers to claim an offer. Otherwise, you can almost definitely count on the best deals to be sold out by the time you look online or head to the store on Black Friday. And as the years have gone by, this ha
- More than 100 protesters have been killed by Iranian security forces since people took to the streets to protest fuel price hikes. That's according to the human rights group Amnesty International who warned that some reports suggest it could be as many as 200 dead in 21 cities across Iran. Protests like this one have sprung up across the country after a hike in the cost of gasoline. Iran's Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has blamed the turmoil on Iran's foreign enemies, including the U.S.A
- Pokemon Sword and Shield introduce a variety of new Gen 8 Pokemon to the series, and much like previous games, many of these monsters can only evolve using specific methods. However, the Switch games also feature a couple of new ways to evolve old Pokemon--specifically Eevee, which you can catch fairly early on in your adventure at Route 4.In past Pokemon titles, you could only obtain Glaceon or Leafeon by traveling to a specific location and leveling your Eevee up, but Sword and Shield have sim
- The U.S. National Transportation Safety Board on Tuesday called on Boeing Co to redesign the fan cowl structure on 737 NG planes after a passenger was killed on a Southwest Airlines plane in April 2018 after an engine failure.The NTSB said the engine failure was caused by a broken fan blade, and the board said the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration should require Boeing to determine the fan blade impact location or locations on the engine fan case and redesign the structure to minimize the pot
24 Nov 201923 Nov 201922 Nov 201921 Nov 201920 Nov 201918 Nov 201917 Nov 201916 Nov 201915 Nov 201914 Nov 2019
Follow @GamesUKnews on Twitter!