- “I feel like I'm walking on the edge of a razor blade,” a Virginia police chief told NBC News.
- There is no known link between the seasonal dust clouds and Covid-19 but Pyongyang is on high alert.
- Chinese tech giant Huawei, one of the biggest makers of smartphones and switching equipment, said Friday its revenue rose 9.9% in the first nine months of this year, but growth decelerated in the face of U.S. sanctions and the coronavirus pandemic.Huawei Technologies Ltd., gave no sales figure for the most recent quarter ending in September, but growth for the first three quarters was down from the 13.1% reported for the first half of the year.Huawei is struggling with U.S. sanctions that cut of
Trump claims separated children 'well taken care of' despite government admitting they can't find hundreds of parents‘They are in facilities that are so clean,’ Mr Trump says
- One thing is for sure: Thursday night's presidential debate was a far more civil and — dare we say — normal event than the first. Moderated by NBC's Kristen Welker, the candidates stayed more or less on topic, something the first debate's moderator, Fox News' Chris Wallace, didn't fail to notice.Asked for his response to the second and final debate, Wallace said: "First of all, I'm jealous. I would've liked to have been able to moderate that debate and get a real exchange of views in
Biden called Trump 'a very confused guy' during the debate when the president falsely claimed he's a far-left liberal who wants 'socialized medicine'During the final presidential debate on Thursday, Trump alleged that 180 million Americans will lose their private health insurance to Biden's plan.
- During the final presidential debate on Thursday, Joe responded to questions about his son Hunter Biden.
- President Trump has a miracle scenario brewing in the back of his mind.During Thursday night's presidential debate, Democratic nominee Joe Biden outlined his plan to expand the Affordable Care Act under a proposal he's coining as "BidenCare." But Trump would "like to terminate ObamaCare" and "come up with a brand new beautiful plan," which he thinks will pass Congress because the Democrats would be under "tremendous pressure." "We might even have the House by that time," Trump said, repeating th
Colorado wildfires have forced the closure of Rocky Mountain National Park. These photos show orange skies, towering smoke.The pollution may be masking the spread of COVID-19, Gov. Jared Polis warned. Meanwhile, Rocky Mountain National Park has completely closed.
- via politico.com"He's being used as a Russian pawn," Biden said.
- A viral meme purports to show four $3 million-$7.5 million homes Biden owns. He only owns two of them, neither of which cost more than $3 million.
- Sunlight cannot penetrate, the air is fetid and fellow residents include rats and cockroaches -- but that's how 14 families are "dying slowly" in government accommodation in Venezuela's capital Caracas.
- Lauren McCluskey had reported harassment to police more than 20 times
Pfizer has expanded its COVID-19 vaccine trial to include teens. Some say it's risky. Others argue it's necessary.After months of testing its COVID-19 candidate vaccine in adults, Pfizer recently lowered the age of participation to 16.
- China reported 18 new coronavirus cases in the mainland for Oct. 22, compared with 14 cases a day earlier, the health commission said on Friday.China reported 11 new asymptomatic patients, compared with 25 a day earlier.As of Oct. 22, mainland China had 85,747 confirmed coronavirus cases, the health authority said.
- Senator appeared to keep his hand in his pocket while walking around the Capitol
- Former San Francisco 49er Dana Stubblefield was sentenced to 15 years to life in prison Thursday for raping a developmentally disabled woman who prosecutors said he lured to his home with the promise of a babysitting job.The sentence was issued by a judge in San Jose after denying a defense motion for a new trial, the Mercury News reported.Last week, the Sixth District Court of Appeal denied a related petition filed on behalf of Stubblefield by his attorneys.
- Using blood of recovered COVID-19 patients - or so-called convalescent plasma - as a potential treatment is of little benefit in helping hospitalised patients fight off the infection, according to results of a clinical trial in India.Published in the BMJ British Medical Journal on Friday, the results show that convalescent plasma, which delivers antibodies from COVID-19 survivors to infected people, failed to reduce death rates or halt progression to severe disease.The findings, from a study of
Trump is expected to make the debate about Hunter Biden. Even Trump's allies think that's a bad idea.From his infamous call with Ukraine's president more than a year ago to a very questionable New York Post story this week, President Trump has turned much of his re-election campaign into a crusade against Democratic nominee Joe Biden's son. Trump is even expected to throw a few references to Hunter Biden into Thursday night's debate — and some of his allies think it's an awful idea.Fox News, the New York Post, and other right-wing outlets have started sharing dubious screenshots of what t
Pete Buttigieg rebuts Fox News' attack on Hunter Biden: 'If they want to make this about the business deals of a government official...'Former Democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg was back on Fox News on Thursday night ahead of the final presidential debate, where he faced questions about the recent stories alleging misconduct by Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden. "It's not even clear what [they're] claiming it adds up to," Buttigieg said of Biden's opponents and the new claims. "They're just kind of saying, 'oh, there are questions.'"Host Bret Baier jumped in to clarify that the unsubstantiated allegation is that Joe Bi
- A selection of the week's best photos from across the continent and beyond.
- The 15-year-old student said she was told to change after wearing a shirt that said “Homosexuality is a sin” to a classroom where “a pro-homosexual symbol” was on display, according to court filings.
- Europe reported 100,000 daily cases for the first time on Oct. 12.Europe has so far reported about 7.8 million total coronavirus cases and about 247,000 deaths, according to a Reuters tally.European countries like Italy, Austria, Croatia, Slovenia and Bosnia reported their highest single-day coronavirus cases on Thursday.
- Donald Trump released his upcoming '60 Minutes' interview early. It's a big mistake. He whined that Lesley Stahl treated him unfairly. She didn't.
- CHICAGO — It's been three days since a man was lifted to safety after hanging on the side of Trump Tower for 13 hours, but one of his closest friends says he's still frightened for him. "He's never done anything like this before. I don't know how it will end up," said Marlen, who didn't want his last name used so he wouldn't be harassed on social media. "I'm really scared." Marlen and his ...
- The government of Trinidad and Tobago said Thursday that a floating oil-storage vessel with nearly 55 million gallons of Venezuelan crude oil floating off its coast is not taking on water and shows no sign of capsizing and creating an environmental disaster off the coast of South America.
- Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) reportedly has an "interest" in becoming Joe Biden's Labor secretary, were the Democrat to be elected president, Politico reports. Though Sanders shook off the suggestion when asked about it on Wednesday, "one person close to the Vermont senator" reportedly told Politico that "I can confirm he's trying to figure out how to land that role or something like it. He, personally, does have an interest in it."On Thursday, Sanders said he was planning to announce his own 100
- A North Carolina man had plans to assassinate Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden before he was ultimately arrested by the FBI, according to federal court documents.Federal officials detailed the shocking plot in court filings in a case against Alexander Hillel Treisman, who was arrested in May on child pornography charges.The FBI requested that Treisman remain behind bars until his trial, using the alleged assassination plot as justification.
- Joe Biden appears to have met his son Hunter Biden's business partner in 2017, according to text messages obtained by Fox News.If it took place, the meeting may contradict the former vice president's claim that he "never" spoke with "my son about his overseas business dealings." The text messages came from Tony Bobulinski, the former CEO of SinoHawk Holdings, a joint venture between members of the Biden family and now-defunct Chinese oil company CEFC."Mrng plse let me knw if we will do early din
- Sylvia Hofstetter was sentenced to more than three decades in prison after prosecutors said she pocketed $4 million distributing oxycodone and other opiates.
Follow @GadgetsUKnews on Twitter!