- As more federal relief funds look unlikely, parents living in poverty such as Kaneadsha Jones wonder how they can hold things together.
- A senior Trump administration envoy met secretly with a representative of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro last month to try to work out Maduro's peaceful exit from power, but no agreement was reached, three people familiar with the matter said on Wednesday.Richard Grenell, the former acting U.S. Director of National Intelligence and former ambassador to Germany, had discussions in Mexico City with Jorge Rodriguez, a close associate of Maduro, the sources said.There was no immediate comment f
As Illinois reports 69 COVID-19-related deaths, the highest daily toll since June, state issues plan for vaccine distributionCHICAGO — Illinois on Wednesday recorded its highest daily coronavirus-related death toll since June as state officials released an early version of its plan for how a vaccine will be distributed once one is approved and available. The plan "is designed to provide an equitable distribution across the state with priority access going to our most vulnerable populations, front-line health care ...
- Our View: Rush to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett by Donald Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell betrays voters casting their verdict.
ICE arrested 15 foreign students accused of claiming to work for fake companies in order to stay in the US"These latest arrests demonstrate that the agency is actively targeting individuals who try to exploit the student visa system," ICE officials said.
- The US should have enough doses for seniors, healthcare workers, and first responders by the end of January, Azar said.
- Protests calling for an end to police brutality in the West African country of Nigeria turned deadly after soldiers in Lagos opened fire on demonstrators Tuesday, killing at least 12 people.
Senate Democrats will boycott Amy Coney Barrett's Supreme Court confirmation hearing vote as GOP vows to move forwardSenate Democrats say they will boycott a committee hearing Thursday where Amy Coney Barrett's Supreme Court nomination is set to move forward.
- Asafoetida occupies a treasured spot in the Indian pantry, but has never been farmed there until now.
- The space startup will be sending a small telescope and several other satellites aloft soon.
- House Republicans said they will push an inquiry into Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden's use of an Amtrak charter train to campaign.
Trump news – live: Obama says his successor 'failed to take job seriously' as he hits campaign trailFollow the latest updates
- Every version of the Hummer EV gets four removable roof panels for open-air off-roading.
- “Pastel QAnon,” uses softer language, aesthetically-pleasing imagery to spread the group’s paranoid worldview in the typically apolitical online world of yoga devotees, wellness and nutrition coaches and "mommy bloggers."
- Quibi launched in April as an unconventional mobile-first, short-form video service. It struggled to keep up with its ambitions.
- Former President Barack Obama spoke at a drive-in rally for Joe Biden, 13 days before the presidential election.
US Army base claims its Twitter account was hacked after suggestively tweeting at an OnlyFans creator"Our account was hacked. We apologize to our followers," the US Army's Ft. Bragg said on Twitter before the account was deactivated.
At least 10 bodies were found by researchers in a dig searching for victims of the Tulsa Race MassacreAn estimated 150 to 300 people, who were mostly Black, were killed in the Tulsa Race Massacre, which occurred from May 31, 1921 to June 1, 1921.
- Safari retreats and beachside getaways dominated the list of favorite resorts for Conde Nast Traveler readers in a year bereft of travel.
Utah senator apologises after saying people should ‘stay home’ if they don’t want to be bitten by police dogsSenator says he does not want police to be restricted from doing their jobs
- Boost is starting to roll out new plans, but the discount for its latest options will only last for three months.
- Searching for entertainment other than Marvel and Star Wars? Let's round up the best gems on Disney Plus.
- NASA is about to unveil an "exciting new discovery" that contributes to its moon and deep-space aspirations.
- The first doses of a coronavirus vaccine could be available before the end of the year, with mass vaccination of Americans taking place throughout the spring, according to public health officials at CDC headquarters in Atlanta.
- Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett served for almost three years on the board of private Christian schools that effectively barred admission to children of same-sex parents and made it obvious that openly gay and lesbian teachers weren’t welcome to teach there.
- Not sure what to watch tonight? Here are some of the best movies Netflix has to offer.
- This should worry everyone who thinks that another four years of a Trump presidency would turn the United States into a banana republic: One of the few pollsters who accurately predicted Trump’s victory in 2016 says that he may be re-elected on Nov. 3.
- The Trump administration has approved the sale of more than a billion dollars worth of advanced weaponry for Taiwan in a move that will enrage China and further exacerbate tensions between Washington and Beijing that have are already heated over issues such as trade, Tibet, Hong Kong and the South China Sea.The State Department announced Wednesday it had greenlighted the sale of 135 precision land attack missiles, associated equipment and training to Taiwan to improve its defense capabilities.&l
- NASA releases the first batch of images from Osiris-Rex, showing an explosive impact on the potentially hazardous asteroid.
- Amy Coney Barrett will likely make it to the Supreme Court as the Republicans have the simple majority and the Judiciary Committee majority for Monday’s confirmation vote.According to the Huffington Post, Democrats at issue with Coney Barrett’s stance on the Affordable Care Act will protest by boycotting the Senate Judiciary Committee vote on Thursday.
Follow @GadgetsUKnews on Twitter!