A giant fish has been swimming near a Massachusetts town and police want people to stop calling 911 about itThe Wareham Department of Natural Resources said people were "jealous" of the fish "just because it's not swimming weather anymore."
- Takata provided seat belt webbing for 30 percent of the vehicles produced worldwide.
- Proposing marriage can take months of planning or in the moment.
- President continues appeal to voting bloc as polls say they have deserted him
- South Carolina Democrats have filed a formal complaint against U.S. Sen. Lindsey Graham for making a campaign fundraising appeal while speaking with reporters on Capitol Hill following judicial confirmation hearings.On Thursday, the South Carolina Democratic Party said Graham “committed a crime and violated longstanding ethics rules by openly raising money for his campaign in a Federal government building while leveraging his official U.S. Senate activity.”A copy of the complaint was
- Heading into the Nov. 3 election, Florida Republicans are as close to parity with Democrats among registered voters as they’ve been in half a century or more.
- Democrats have temporarily iced the debate about court expansion, but their pushback Thursday previewed an internal fight on how to respond if they take power
- ‘We sent in the US marshals, took 15 minutes it was over, 15 minutes it was over, we got him’
- Russia historically sold weapons to both Azerbaijan and Armenia to maintain peaceful relations as well as a military balance between the two.
- Up to 300,000 lawful permanent residents nationwide – about 36,000 of them in Florida – will be prevented from completing their naturalization process in time to vote in the upcoming November election, data shows.
- As the University of Miami campus filled up again for an uncertain new school year last month, a group of students, faculty, and on-campus workers acted out a grim warning.On Sept. 4, demonstrators lay on the ground as if dead, some of them holding tombstones, while a Birkenstock-clad person in a grim reaper costume patrolled the scene.The protesters were targeting what they said were unsafe working conditions for staff and faculty amid the COVID-19 pandemic. (Students have the option of learnin
- The chilling case of the Ping Shin 101, which is still unfolding, shows the challenge of prosecuting crimes on the high seas.
- Senate Democrats vow the GOP will regret confirming Barrett to the Supreme Court on the eve of the election.
- “This is very good news for dentists and patients,” the ADA says
- Animal owners are flocking to social media to show off the less glamorous pictures of their pets.
- A Facebook user posted an image purportedly of a tweet from President Donald Trump's Twitter account. It's not real.
- Welcome to the Capital Note, a newsletter about business, finance and economics. On the menu today: China’s successful bond issue, America’s high tech (and the resentment it generates in the EU), China’s Covid exports (no, not that one) and the end of risk-free assets.China Bulls ShopU.S. investors facing meager returns on developed-market bonds bought up record amounts of Chinese sovereign debt in a bond offering today. According to the Wall Street Journal, U.S. investors boug
- In the homestretch of the 2020 campaign, Trump not only appears to be performing worse than before among college-educated white women, he's also doing worse among white voters in general.
- The Asatru Folk Assembly bought an abandoned Lutheran church and now needs a conditional use permit to operate.
Dianne Feinstein Thanks Lindsey Graham for ‘One of the Best Set of Hearings That I’ve Participated In’Senator Dianne Feinstein (D., Calif.) on Thursday, the final day of confirmation hearings for Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett, thanked Senator Lindsey Graham (R., S.C.) for presiding over “one of the best set of hearings” that she had participated in.“I just want to thank you, this has been one of the best set of hearings that I’ve participated in and I want to thank you for your fairness and the opportunity of going back and forth,” the Democrat told the ch
- Democratic U.S. presidential candidate Joe Biden flew on an airplane with a person who subsequently tested positive for COVID-19 but Biden was not in close contact with the person and there is no need for him to quarantine, his campaign said on Thursday."Vice President Biden was not in close contact, as defined by the CDC, with this individual at any time," the statement said, adding they both wore masks during the flights, which occurred on Monday and Tuesday."Given these facts, we have been ad
- The Peach State could be the ultimate swing state this election, with a tight presidential race and two toss-up Senate campaigns.
- "We want America to be inventing this stuff," Eric Schmidt said during POLITICO's summit on artificial intelligence. "Or at least the West."
- The Army recently said that "short, infrequent naps to restore wakefulness and promote performance." That's not news to US troops.
- The NOAA forecasts a mild winter for the East and South, but that may mean drought for the southern half of the USA.
- Scott Peterson has gone from facing the death penalty for the 2004 conviction of killing his wife and unborn son to possibly facing a new trial.
Gordon Ramsay roasted a TikTok chef who covered their chicken in toothpicks and 'turned it into a hedgehog'"Acupuncture doesn't belong on a chicken!" Gordon Ramsay said of the TikTok creation. "You've turned the chicken into a hedgehog!"
Amy Coney Barrett wouldn't tell America where she stands on vital issues, so GOP senators did it for herRepublicans were set on confirming Barrett before the hearings even started, placing her in a perfect position to evade questions.
- Claim comes as polls put president’s approval rating in the low-40s
Trump admits exposing Chief of Staff Mark Meadows to Covid-19: 'He didn't care. He's from North Carolina'‘Could you imagine, I had to go to North Carolina to find my chief of staff?’ president says in apparent jab at key swing state
- The news came on the day of what was supposed to be a career highlight for the 30-year C-SPAN veteran.
- Tanzania said on Thursday it had deployed a helicopter to bolster its efforts to put out a blaze that has been burning on Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest mountain, in the East African country's north."In order to increase efficiency in containing the fire, we have started using a helicopter since this afternoon," Hamisi Kigwangalla, minister for natural resources and tourism, said in a statement late on Thursday.Kilimanjaro rises to almost 6,000 metres (20,000 feet) above sea level and attrac
- A Minnesota judge on Thursday rejected prosecutors' request to put a 48-hour hold on filings in the criminal cases of four Minneapolis police officers charged in George Floyd's death.Hennepin County Judge Peter Cahill said a natural lag in the court filing system gives prosecutors sufficient time to see filings and, if they choose, to ask that they be sealed.As evidence of that lag, Cahill cited this week's filing by defense attorneys that sought to introduce evidence from a 2019 arrest involvin
- A 27-year-old Florida Keys deckhand tried to steal 16 lobster tails by stuffing them down his pants, police said.
- A 27-year-old Florida Keys deckhand tried to steal 16 lobster tails by stuffing them down his pants, police said.
'You will be infected or you will die of starvation': Amazon contractors reportedly say their office is still unsafe months after first complaining of 'subhuman' conditionsThe report comes after claims surfaced in April of "subhuman" conditions at the call center, where workers slept on the floor between shifts.
The New York Post's dubious Hunter Biden article was shared 300,000 times on Facebook even after the company said it limited its reachMost interactions with the New York Post article came after Facebook said it would temporarily slow the spread of the unverified and dubious story.
- Scientists find a material that displays a much sought-after property at room temperature.
Apple just announced a new wireless charger that 'will be available at a later date.' The last time Apple did this, it ended up canceling the product.Apple's new wireless charging pad, the MagSafe Duo, will be able to charge both an iPhone and Apple Watch at the same time.
- NEW YORK -- A group of mostly young men began descending on the Brooklyn home of a Hasidic journalist just before midnight Sunday.The men, who were fellow ultra-Orthodox Jews, were shouting that the journalist, Jacob Kornbluh, was a snitch, an informer who had betrayed his own by publishing reports on how devoutly religious Jews in the city had been ignoring coronavirus guidelines.The group got all the way to Kornbluh's doorstep, where a line of police officers kept them at bay.The tense scene s
- A Chicago police officer has filed a lawsuit alleging sexual assault by former police Superintendent Eddie Johnson, who was out drinking with her the night he was found asleep behind the wheel of his SUV.In her lawsuit filed Wednesday in Cook County Circuit Court, Cynthia Donald also says Johnson destroyed cellphone evidence of their relationship amid an investigation into Johnson's movements that night.Donald's lawsuit alleges Johnson sexually harassed her, pressured her to engage in sexual act
Wynn Resorts' Encore scales back hours due to lack of demand on Las Vegas Strip amid COVID-19 pandemicThe new schedule will "continue indefinitely until consumer demand for Las Vegas increases," Wynn Resorts announced this week.
- MARTUNI, Nagorno-Karabakh (AP) — As the fighting between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces rages on in the separatist territory of Nagorno-Karabakh, its residents are joining volunteer squads to defend their towns.The Ovanisyan family and their neighbors were called Wednesday to receive their Kalashnikov rifles to help protect Martuni, a town close to the front line in the eastern part of the region.The recent fighting in Nagorno-Karabakh erupted on Sept. 27 and has since killed hundreds.
- Senate Majority PAC is set to spend at least $8.6 million over the final two-and-a-half weeks to boost Democrat MJ Hegar.
GOP senators plan to subpoena Jack Dorsey to testify about Twitter's decision to block the link to an unverified and dubious story about Hunter Biden's emailsTwitter said it blocked the link to the New York Post articles for violating its policy against "hacked materials."
United says 2,700 jobs it cut during the pandemic likely won't return, though it sees 'light at the end of the tunnel'United Airlines said the 2,700 corporate jobs it has cut since the coronavirus pandemic began likely won't return, even as CEO Scott Kirby said the airline is starting to see the "light at the end of the tunnel." "The next 12 to 15 months are still going to be difficult and the recovery will not be a straight line. But we've done what we believe it takes to get through," Kirby said during a ...
Kim Jong Un's new 'monster' ICBM could pack a punch, but only if it survives long enough for North Korea to use it"If even one of these things gets through, that is a really spectacularly bad day for the United States," one expert told Insider.
- Three Rockland County Jewish congregations are suing New York state and Gov. Andrew Cuomo, saying he engaged in a “streak of anti-Semitic discrimination” with a recent crackdown on religious gatherings to reduce the state’s coronavirus infection rate.The Manhattan federal court lawsuit filed late Wednesday accused the Democrat of making negative, false, and discriminatory statements about the Jewish Orthodox community as he imposed new coronavirus measures to counter the state&
- McConnell said he wouldn't put a negotiated plan ranging from $1.8 trillion to $2.2 trillion on the Senate floor, putting him at odds with Trump.
Yahoo News/YouGov poll: Trump doesn't just need 'suburban women' to 'like' him. He's actually doing worse with all white voters than in 2016.From now until Election Day, Yahoo News and YouGov will deliver weekly reports on how sentiment is shifting among key groups of voters in the final phase of the 2020 presidential campaign.
20 Oct 202019 Oct 202018 Oct 202017 Oct 202016 Oct 202014 Oct 202013 Oct 202012 Oct 202011 Oct 202010 Oct 2020
Follow @GadgetsUKnews on Twitter!