Explore the UK's woodlands in the new MINI Countryman
Explore the UK’s woodlands in MINI’s family-size SUV, with our pick of the best spots for stargazing, mountain-biking, wild camping and glampingLike the spacious family-size new MINI Countryman SUV, Britain is bigger than you think. With epic mountains, amazing forests, rugged coasts, scenic lakes, thrilling cities and inspiring culture, there are lots of great destinations for a break with a difference with family and friends &nd
- Just 149 people will now get McLaren's latest Ultimate Series car.
- Upcoming electric hypercar previewed on company’s Hethel test track ahead of customer deliveries next yearLotus has released a new film revealing further details of the upcoming Evija hypercar, ahead of customer deliveries beginning next year.
The video, released to coincide with the Evija’s appearance at UK motor show Salon Privé, shows the extreme EV being driven at speed on the company’s Hethel test track and gives us our best look yet at its interior features.
- Revised hot hatch is joined by less lairy and more lairy versions, but we try the Goldilocks middle child
This is the 2020 Civic Type R, meaning a subtly tweaked version of Honda’s hottest ever hot hatch. In fairness, there wasn’t a lot wrong with the original - known as the FK8 by savvy Civic spotters - that made its debut in 2017. The second generation of turbocharged Type R, it did a fine job of melding spectacular straight-line pace with a chassis that magically blended
- The family EVs were delivered in a nationwide Grand Handover event.
- Volkswagen ID 4 lighting
New electric crossover will be first global model in VW's new electric ID rangeThe new Volkswagen ID 4 will be unveiled tomorrow (Thursday 23 September), and the firm has continued its build-up to the reveal by showcasing the new IQ Light technology that will be offered on the electric SUV.
The compact SUV, which recently went into production at the firm's Zwickau factory in Germany, is the second machine built on the Volkswagen Group’s MEB electric
- Next-gen performance duo share bold new front end and turbocharged 3.0-litre straight-six
The next-generation BMW M3 and its two-door M4 sibling have been revealed in a series of images posted online ahead of their official debut tonight.
Shared on Reddit by user Avaley, the high-quality images confirm that Munich's mechanically identical performance duo will wear the same vertically oriented front grille as the newly revealed second-generation 4 Series, rather than a variation of the
- Know which lane to be in.
- Network Rail and Highways England want 'park-and-ride' train stations outside towns.
- New Cooper S special edition pays tribute to the legendary Northern Irish racer.
- Mondeo estates are plentiful, cheap and good fun to drive
A cheap estate car offers practicality and comfort in spades, and some are even surprisingly nice to driveThere have been some spectacular examples of well-bought budget cars by Autocar readers. (Please see this week’s ‘Reader’s ride’ for one.) Sometimes, we can get lucky, but what generally happens is that we are buying on our wits and sifting through pages of cheap classifieds. So it’s always nice when I&rs
- Toyota's long-awaited sporting flagship joins our fleet with cultural baggage and no shortage of flairWhy we’re running it: To find out what sort of performance car the GR Supra really is, and whether it has the character to live up to the nameMonth 1 - Specs
Life with a Toyota Supra: Month 1
Welcoming the Supra to the fleet - 9 September 2020
Let’s suppose we played car word association. If I said ‘996 GT2’, you might say ‘hedgerow’. If I said &lsqu
- Maybach's first SUV, the GLS Maybach, was launched last year
Upcoming luxury limo promises to exploit the potential of the Maybach nameMercedes’ is fully committed to expanding its Maybach sub-brand, CEO Ola Kallenius has confirmed, despite the broader pressures of streamlining its wider line-up and ensuring profitability in a difficult marketplace.
Maybach launched its first SUV, the GLS Maybach late last year and already offers a version of the S-Class. The new S-Class, launched today, w
- Our reporters empty their notebooks to round up a week in gossip from across the automotive industryIn this week's round-up of automotive gossip, we hear why SUVs aren't threatening the future of Mercedes' S-Class limo, why the Citroen Ami is the 2CV's spiritual successor and more.
SUVs no threat to S-Class
The success of Mercedes’ SUVs hasn’t put into question the future of the S-Class limo, according to CEO Ola Källenius. He said: “We’ve had unbelievable success wi
- Munich gears up to usher in a new look for its luxury SUV flagship, but the bold front grille remainsBMW has already begun development work on the updated version of its X7 luxury SUV, launched just two years ago, ahead of an anticipated launch in 2022.
The facelifted X7 will retain the current car's striking front grille, in line with the company's commitment to its radical but controversial new styling direction.Following the initial unveiling of the X7 and the update
- That wasn't even close.
- Can the M8 beat its German rivals?
- Lewis Hamilton should join Red Bull and help form a super team alongside Max Verstappen, reckons former F1 team boss Eddie Jordan.
- It's high time for more action from this Overlanding Tesla Model Y.
- What else could you do when a large number of EVs need to be charged quickly and simultaneously during events?
- Following the demise of the #7 Toyota.
- It's the race we've been waiting for ever since the Model 3 Performance took on the Corvette C8.
- Report suggests government will speed up EV adoption by advancing internal-combustion banReports suggest the UK government will advance its ban on the sale of new combustion-engined cars from 2040 to 2030 in an effort to speed up widespread electric vehicle (EV) adoption.
As first reported by The Guardian, Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to officially announce the move in autumn as part of a wider, post-pandemic economic recovery plan. The newspaper cites sources as saying the
- Report suggests government will speed up mass electric car adoption by advancing combustion banReports suggest the UK government will bring its combustion-engined new car sales ban forward from 2040 to 2030 in an effort to speed up widespread electric vehicle adoption.
As first reported by The Guardian, prime minister Boris Johnson is expected to officially announce the move in autumn as part of a wider, post-pandemic economic recovery plan. The newspaper cites sources as saying the plans were s
- Will it threaten the Tesla Semi?
- There's no shortage of wild TeslaCam footage out there, but these clips stand out.
- Talk about plot twists.
- Red Bull Racing F1 driver Albon says he avoids reading the media to avoid being distracted by speculation over his future with the team
- Organisers are plotting a media-only event mixing physical and virtual elements
The organisers of the Geneva motor show are planning to host a modified version of Europe’s biggest car show in 2021, Automotive News Europe reports.
Following the last-minute cancellation of this year’s event due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Geneva International Motor Show (GIMS) Foundation also cancelled the 2021 show, but it's now said to be intending to go ahead with the event in an altered format
- There's still a lot to love despite the grille, right?
Follow @Cars_UKnews on Twitter!