- via theguardian.comDiscovery of high-grade metal used for electric car batteries found near historic tin mining area at RedruthReserves of lithium described as “globally significant” have been discovered in hot springs within Cornwall’s historic tin mining area.Initial results of testing suggest some of the world’s highest grades of lithium are to be found in geothermal waters in the far south-west of Britain, according to a mineral exploration company. Continue reading...
- Lewis Hamilton should join Red Bull and help form a super team alongside Max Verstappen, reckons former F1 team boss Eddie Jordan.
- It's high time for more action from this Overlanding Tesla Model Y.
- What else could you do when a large number of EVs need to be charged quickly and simultaneously during events?
- Following the demise of the #7 Toyota.
- It's the race we've been waiting for ever since the Model 3 Performance took on the Corvette C8.
- Report suggests government will speed up EV adoption by advancing internal-combustion banReports suggest the UK government will advance its ban on the sale of new combustion-engined cars from 2040 to 2030 in an effort to speed up widespread electric vehicle (EV) adoption.
As first reported by The Guardian, Prime Minister Boris Johnson is expected to officially announce the move in autumn as part of a wider, post-pandemic economic recovery plan. The newspaper cites sources as saying the
- Report suggests government will speed up mass electric car adoption by advancing combustion banReports suggest the UK government will bring its combustion-engined new car sales ban forward from 2040 to 2030 in an effort to speed up widespread electric vehicle adoption.
As first reported by The Guardian, prime minister Boris Johnson is expected to officially announce the move in autumn as part of a wider, post-pandemic economic recovery plan. The newspaper cites sources as saying the plans were s
- Will it threaten the Tesla Semi?
- There's no shortage of wild TeslaCam footage out there, but these clips stand out.
- Talk about plot twists.
- Red Bull Racing F1 driver Albon says he avoids reading the media to avoid being distracted by speculation over his future with the team
- Organisers are plotting a media-only event mixing physical and virtual elements
The organisers of the Geneva motor show are planning to host a modified version of Europe’s biggest car show in 2021, Automotive News Europe reports.
Following the last-minute cancellation of this year’s event due to the coronavirus pandemic, the Geneva International Motor Show (GIMS) Foundation also cancelled the 2021 show, but it's now said to be intending to go ahead with the event in an altered format
- There's still a lot to love despite the grille, right?
- Let's not forget about this Toyota Hypercar.
- The work was completed in a layby on the A66.
- A new study from Greenpeace and Green Alliance says that the ban should be by at least 2030.
- Electric compact crossover was originally expected later this year but now won't arrive until next springMercedes-Benz has postponed the official unveiling and market launch of its all-new EQA until 2021.
The production version of the new electric crossover, previewed in lightly disguised prototype form during cold-weather testing last March, was originally planned to be revealed during the third quarter of 2020, with sales beginning before the end of the year.
However, a reorgani
- They're tributes to the five McLaren F1s that races at Le Mans in 1995.
- Highways England says it picks 200,000 bags of litter from motorways every year.
- Survey indicates weeks away from the driving seat took their toll.
- Success in first two races at Thruxton came alongside victories in the WRC and at Le MansTom Ingram added to a hugely successful weekend of motorsport for Toyota with a pair of British Touring Car Championship victories at Thruxton.
The Corolla driver dominated the opening two races at the high-speed Hampshire track to take his first wins of the season, completing a hat trick of motorsport victories which saw Toyota WRC driver claim the top spot at Rally Turkey, and Toyota Gazoo Racing winning o
- Italian coachbuilder unveils its dramatically restyled take on the Ferrari F12, with cues from 1930s racersItalian coachbuilder Touring Superleggera has unveiled the Aero 3 as a restyled, limited-run take on the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta.
The Milanese firm, known for the radically styled Alfa Romeo Disco Volante and Mini Superleggera Vision, says the new arrival is “the latest in a design concept that hails back to their historic role in developing the science of automotive aerodynamics
- But there isn't a V8 in sight. Boo.
- Figures show schools and nurseries are part of the problem.
- The G-Wagen is generally seen as a status symbol now, but we reckon there’s far more interest to be found in its utilitarian originsIf you have a wad of cash to splurge on a capable and luxurious off-roader but don’t fancy following the herds into a new Land Rover Defender, why not consider a used example of arguably its closest rival?
It has visibly evolved even less during its 41-year life cycle than the original Defender did, but regardless of that, the Mercedes-Benz Geländew
- One in 20 new cars this year have been pure-electric models
Whether you like it or not, widespread adoption of EVs is coming - we need to prepareIf you have read our recent story on EV adoption, you could be forgiven for thinking that electric cars will never serve your needs. For the majority, that’s nonsense, but for a very few, it could be true, range, price and infrastructure leading the concerns.
Just accept now that you are going to have to compromise or, potentially, stop buying new
- via theguardian.comAnnouncement expected in autumn to help trigger green economic recovery from Covid-19The UK is poised to bring forward its ban on new fossil fuel vehicles from 2040 to 2030 to help speed up the rollout of electric vehicles across British roads.Boris Johnson is expected to accelerate the shift to electric vehicles this autumn with the announcement, one of a string of new clean energy policies to help trigger a green economic recovery from the coronavirus pandemic. Continue reading...
- Cheaper, less powerful, more refined take on the big plug-in Volvo hits the nail right on the head. A more pleasant, practical, relaxing executive option you will not find
Having been one of the first to offer plug-in hybrid (PHEV) powertrains in its saloons, estate cars and SUVs, Volvo lauded an early lead over its mostly German rivals for anyone looking to cut their company car tax and fuel bills with an executive car they could plug into the mains. Gothenburg’s first PHEV offering was f
- New types of steel are being specially developed for Bentley’s high-speed motor conceptElectric drive units (EDUs) – integrating motors, electronics and transmissions into a single, compact drivetrain – are for making sure the various elements work together as efficiently as possible.
With the Octopus research study (it stands for optimised components, test and simulation, toolkits for powertrains which integrate ultra high-speed motor solutions), Bentley and its 15 partners ex
Follow @Cars_UKnews on Twitter!