The Kia Sorento SUV has been refreshed, bringing exterior and interior updates and the addition of the a new GT Line trim
Diesel registrations are down by over a fifth as buyers are said to wait for the September plate-change
Kia's Picanto city car gets a crossover inspired makeover with new X-Line trim, to be presented at the Frankfurt Motor Show
Ford shows its smallest SUV some love with a refresh in and out, new tech, a new engine and all-wheel-drive
Honda’s CR-V hybrid prototype to fe
- New limited-run model will be world's most powerful production car, and has entered its initial build and dynamic testing phaseThe new Lotus Evija, an all-electric hypercar claimed to be "the most powerful production car in the world", has entered its initial build phase at the company's facility in Norfolk, UK.
The announcement, which comes as the car makes its Chinese public debut at the Guangzhou motor show, also comes as dynamic testing of the car begins at Lotus' Hethel test track. A
- When not breaking 'Ring records, the RS Q8 tows horse boxes
According to strict logic, cars like Audi's RS Q8 should be all-round winners. According to strict logic...Seven minutes, 42.253 seconds. That’s how long it takes the 592bhp Audi RS Q8 to lap the Nürburgring and it’s about seven minutes and 41 seconds longer than I cared about that particular fact.
But should I care? I mean, it is quite impressive, isn’t it? This is a hurdy great 4x4, after all. It must weigh two
- News22 Nov, 2019
Half of drivers say local road conditions have become worse since last year, while only 11 per cent believe they’ve become better
- Autocar's writing team pick their highlights from this year's Los Angeles motor showAs one of the last major events on 2019's automotive calendar, the LA motor show is one of the industry's final chances to launch new models ahead of the new year.
This year's show was as varied as ever, with with all manner of V8-powered SUVs rubbing shoulders with electric cars and concept models that may or may not make production later down the line. With so much on offer, what stood out the mo
- Michigan-based EV start-up incorporates Europe as part of its launch plans for the rugged off-roader rangeUS off-road start-up Bollinger Motors has confirmed the UK and Europe are among its launch plans for its first models, the B1 and B2.
On display at the Los Angeles motor show, the B1 and B2 share a common ‘skateboard’ electric platform that’s modular in its design to allow for the differing SUV (B1) and pick-up (B2) bodystyles.
Bollinger announced pricing last mon
- Tentative hybrid application doesn’t do much for the new Forester on the road but at least preserves its hard-working all-round capability
The fifth-generation Subaru Forester, now on sale in the UK, is the first European Subaru to offer petrol-electric hybrid power.We drove it in prototype form at a proving ground earlier this year. Now comes the chance to see how it works in right-hand drive, out in the real world, and to run a critical eye over its now-confirmed
- News21 Nov, 2019
A new Maserati’s test mule has been undergoing development on the streets of Modena, testing the firm’s new all-electric powertrain
- Super-luxury SUV makes debut at Guangzhou with mild-hybrid V8 powerMercedes-Benz has extended its Maybach line-up with the unveiling of a plush new 550bhp flagship version of the third-generation GLS at the 2019 Guangzhou motor show in China.
Lining up alongside the S-Class-based Maybach saloon, the top-flight SUV is planned for UK delivery in 2020 as a rival to the likes of the Bentley Bentayga and Range Rover, featuring a series of unique styling cues, a mild-hybrid drivetrain and an upgr
- Department for Transport links tax disc abolition to a potential annual revenue loss of nearly £100 millionThe Department for Transport (DfT) estimates that 1.6% of vehicles on UK roads are currently untaxed, meaning a potential revenue loss of £94 million over the past year.
The proportion, accounting for roughly 634,000 vehicles, is lower than it was in 2017, when 1.8% (755,000) were estimated to be unlicensed, but higher than the 1.5% estimated in 2015.
The DfT’s 2
- American giant claims rival tried to disrupt union negotiation; the accused says the lawsuit is 'meritless'General Motors (GM) has sued Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA), accusing it of bribing union officials to disrupt negotiations. FCA has vowed to fight the charges, in response claiming that its rival is trying to disrupt its merger with the PSA Group.
GM has filed a federal racketeering lawsuit in the US against FCA and a number of former executives at the Italian-American firm who'
- The electric Ford F-150 rival will be unveiled near the SpaceX base in Los AngelesTesla will unveil its long-awaited Cybertruck electric pick-up at a special event tonight (Thursday).
Tesla boss Elon Musk confirmed the news in a Twitter post early this month, writing: “Cybertruck unveil on Nov 21 in LA near SpaceX Rocket factory.”
He has linked the date to the original Blade Runner film, which lists the same date in the opening credits – and has hinted that the styli
- We round up all the new models and debuts from one of America's biggest annual automotive eventsWelcome to Autocar's extended coverage of the 2019 Los Angeles motor show, one of the last major shows of this year's automotive calendar.
As ever, it is a uniquely Californian show that plays home to a varied mix of SUVs, V8s and electric cars. Manufacturers including Audi, Ford and Volkswagen are all in attendance, with major announcements expected throughout the week. Some brand
- MD Stephan Norman says next crop of Vauxhall superminis will be fully electric, including the Corsa lineThe next sixth-generation Vauxhall Corsa is likely to be electric-only, according to the brand’s boss Stephan Norman, who also revealed he had no fears the impending PSA Group merger with FCA would have an adverse impact on Vauxhall.
The fifth-generation Corsa has just been launched, and itself is available with an 203-mile electric option alongside petrol and diesel alternatives.
- News21 Nov, 2019
A new super-advanced halo BMW M model could arrive by 2021, and it's likely to feature some form of electrification
- Fancy a facelifted Mk3 Focus? We show you how to sniff out the right oneThe Ford Focus is so familiar and, to an extent, so respected, that it’s like legal tender on the used car market. The generation under discussion here is the Mk3 – but with a twist, since we’re looking at the facelifted car launched in 2014.
To its credit, where some manufacturers might be content with a set of sparkly LEDs for their mid-life update, Ford went further with the
- Volkswagen’s smallest EV gets an upgraded battery pack, but does that make it a more viable option?
Volkswagen’s up city car has been with us since 2011, while the electrified version was its first mass-production EV to reach the market when it arrived in 2013. That car provided a useful taste of what was possible, but the early tech meant battery capacity – and therefore range – was relatively limited.With Volkswagen’s electrified direction change now in full flow
- Damon as Shelby, Bale as Miles in Le Mans '66 film
The Hollywood flick smudges facts, but it's pure motoring thrills that redeem the maligned car“Well that didn't happen,” I whispered to my pal less than a minute in. He looked at me, rolled his eyes and I promised there and then to keep my trap shut for the next two and a half hours. After all, Le Mans ’66, the new big-budget racing movie depicting the intense mid-’60s rivarly between Ford and Ferrari, is no documentary.
- VW reworks its popular North America-only Atlas with stylish new look but two fewer seatsVolkswagen has unveiled the production version of the sleek Atlas Cross Sport SUV at the Los Angeles motor show, a five-seat version of the popular North America-only Atlas seven-seater.
The new machine, which will go on sale in North America next year and was previewed at the 2018 New York show, is a reworked version of the existing Atlas. It is based on the same version of the MQB platform as the seven-sea
- Reborn off-roader will join Aston Martin’s Valhalla supercar in No Time to Die in April, with filming car on display at the LA motor showLand Rover's new Defender has a starring role in the next James Bond film, and one of the models used in filming is on display at the LA motor show.
The rugged 4x4 is making its North American debut, and unlike its predecessor it will be available to order there through official channels.
The latest instalment in the iconic secret agent se
- Mercedes-AMG's SUV range flagship is shown at the Los Angeles motor show ahead of a 2020 sales debutMercedes-AMG has shown the world its new performance SUV flagship, the mild-hybrid 603bhp GLS 63 4MATIC+, at this year’s Los Angeles motor show.
Described by Merc-AMG’s CEO, Tobias Moers, as a vehicle for customers “not willing to accept compromises when it comes to versatility, effortless superiority and spaciousness” the GLS 63 has been revealed ahea
- Mercedes-AMG reveals its mild-hybrid GLE 63 and GLE 63 S 4MATIC at the LA motor showMercedes-AMG has pulled the covers off its three performance SUV debuts at the LA motor show, with the range-topping GLS 63 joined by two 63 versions of the smaller GLE.
Like its bigger brother, the GLE 63 makes use of the familiar AMG 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8, this time mated to a mild hybrid ‘EQ Boost’ starter-alternator system system bringing an extra 22bhp and 184lb ft when called upon. The result
- Firm releases photos of a disguised prototype housing development engine for new sports carMaserati has started testing the powertrain for its new sports car, due to be unveiled next year, on public roads in a test mule.
The Italian firm has released a series of shots of a camouflaged machine leaving its Modena factory at night. It says the machine is being used to house a “new powertrain entirely developed and build in Maserati”, that is the first in a new family of engines it is de
- Two purpose-built off-road machines tested in their natural habitat - and a few places you might not expectThe Ford Ranger Raptor is one of our favourite off-roaders of the moment. We'd say pick-up, but it's not much of a double-cab pick-up these days, because the sturdy leaf springs have been chucked out at the back and the whole chassis redesigned, with coil springs and Fox Motorsport dampers, to create a Baja-style rally car. It's ace.
Appropriately, then, we have a Bowler Bulldog, a real-lif
- News20 Nov, 2019
The new Mercedes-AMG GLE 63 S sports a twin-turbocharged mild-hybrid V8 engine, which develops 603bhp and 850Nm of torque
- BMW's four-door M8 gets up to 616bhp in Competition form, and squares up against the Porsche Panamera when it arrives next yearBMW's M car portfolio has been further extended by the new M8 Gran Coupé, first demonstrated to the public at the LA motor show before UK cars arrive in early 2020.
The M8 Gran Coupé sits alongside the two-door M8 Coupé and Convertible models and is pegged as a rival for the Mercedes-AMG GT 63 4-Door. The four-door variant is powered
- First small four-door coupé from BMW is set to challenge Mercedes in the UK next March from £25,000BMW has crowned its expanded compact car line-up with the new 2 Series Gran Coupé, its first small four-door coupé – and the model has made its first public debut at this year's Los Angeles motor show.
Available to order now priced from £25,815, with UK deliveries in March, the new Mercedes-Benz CLA rival expands the 2 Series line-up alongside the existi
- Tesla rival features digital-heavy interior with artificial intelligence, 11 screens and multiple camerasFaraday Future has revealed details about the interior of its upcoming FF 91, which it claims will “change the concept of digital life” in a car.
The Sino-American start-up company described the interior of the electric SUV, whose interior was previewed at the Los Angeles motor show, as a "third internet living space" that'sintended to integrate artificial intelligence,
- Hyundai RM19 concept
Mid-engined sports car concept features TCR petrol powerplant – but could house electrified powertrains in futureHyundai’s N performance division has revealed a new RM19 Racing Midship Sports Car Prototype, which will be used as a development platform for the sub-brand’s planned 'halo' car.
The new machine, unveiled at the Los Angeles motor show, is a reworked Veloster that is very close in design to the mid-engined development car seen testing earlier this
- Hyundai Concept T Plug-In Hybrid
Korean firm's latest design concept is an "eco-conscious" plug-in hybrid SUV featuring a bold moving grilleThe Hyundai Vision T Plug-in Hybrid, revealed at the Los Angeles motor show, previews an ‘eco-focused’ compact SUV designed for dynamic driving.
The machine is the seventh in a series of concept cars developed by Hyundai’s Design Centre to showcase its ‘Sensuous Sportiness’ design language. Hyundai said the Vision T is intended
Follow @Cars_UKnews on Twitter!