- Luxurious and bulletproof.
- Get a load of these forged rims showered with nostalgic styling.
- Even small convertibles get certified for winter.
- How cool is this?
- Sebastian Vettel is selling eight cars from his collection, including three Ferraris he ordered new when driving for the Maranello team
- We've recently reviewed the firm's 700bhp CTR, but at half the price, the evergreen RCT is arguably even sweeterRuf's CTR Anniversary, which we recently sampled to delirious effect, is plain unforgettable, but the most popular model ever to leave Pfaffenhausen is the 964-based RCT (for ‘Ruf Carrera Turbo’).
Conceived in the early 1990s with more horsepower than the contemporary Porsche 911 Turbo, it existed in both rear- and four-wheel-drive forms and used one of Ruf’s single-t
- via evo.co.ukCyan Racing has given the 1960 Volvo P1800 a complete overhaul, and now it’s taken it to Sweden...
- Market launch is scheduled for the second half of 2021.
- Teaser images released of Porsche Macan-rivalling Maserati Grecale SUV. It’s due on sale in 2022 with V6, hybrid and all-electric power
- There's a lot going on inside the coupe-crossover.
Australia risks being left behind in petrol-fuelled 'parallel world' as other countries embrace electric carsvia theguardian.comMorrison government’s inaction is driving away chance to build a new low-emissions economy, industry experts say
Australia risks being left in a “parallel world” with petrol cars as the rest of the world turns to electric vehicles in an effort reduce carbon emissions.As Ford announced that all its cars sold in Europe would be electric by 2030, industry experts warned Australia faces an uphill struggle to catch up with other nations in preparation for the phasing out of the inte
- Blurred photographs, claimed to have been taken by employees, show prototype version of new small SUVMaserati has teased the Grecale, its new small SUV due to be revealed later this year, with a handful of blurry teaser images of a prototype model.
The Italian firm claims the photographs were taken outside its Modena factory by employees, which then posted them on social media. Maserati added it has decided to "share" the images by officially distributing them.
The brand's importa
- The project is one step closer to production.
- Commercial vehicles will be either plug-in hybrids or EVs by then.
- Which is the best luxury EV on sale in the UK today? Watch on to find outThe Jaguar i-Pace is a pioneering EV premium SUV that points the way to the brand’s all-electric future. As sharp to drive as it is to look at, it’s one of our favourite electric cars. Yet amazingly it’s three years old now, so Jag has treated it to a mid-life facelift.
To find out whether these updates are enough for the Jag to remain top of the class, we pitch it against two new rivals from equally estab
- The company is buildingjust nine of them
- The rugged little crossover will be sold only in India.
- Williams has completed a maiden run-out with its new FW43B car ahead of the 2021 season with a shakedown at Silverstone on Wednesday.
- via evo.co.ukThe limited-run Morgan Plus 8 GTR takes inspiration from the 'Big blue' racer of the '90s, and will enter production later this year
- Here's what 44 extra bhp looks like.
- The special edition Morgan Plus 8 GTR sports car harks back to 1990s racers and will feature a host of aggressive styling tweaks
- Production of special-edition Morgan Plus 8 GTR will begin this summer, limited to nine examplesA special-edition Morgan Plus 8 GTR will be built this summer, three years after production of the standard car officially came to an end.
Morgan says the GTR will be a “gloves off” version of the Plus 8, with the project made possible after several chassis earmarked for a discontinued external project were reacquired from a third party.
Only nine examples of the Morgan Plus 8 GTR will be
- Hand-built for more than six hours and passing Bentley's three tests.
- The UK-developed and built Qashqai set the trend for crossover hatchbacks and arguably has had just as much impact as other iconic carsHere’s a question for you to mull on: could the Nissan Qashqai be one of the greatest British cars ever? Now, before you hurl your cup of tea at the screen, let me explain.
Of course, it’s not as revolutionary and entertaining as, say, the original Mini or as glamorous and desirable as the Jaguar E-Type, but in terms of its impact on the automot
- Daniel Ricciardo felt his maiden outing with McLaren went “really smooth” after sampling the MCL35M car for first time at Silverstone.
- Pair of four-cylinder petrol engines at the top end of the Volkswagen Tiguan’s line-up
- Healthcare needs Blood Bikes, and Blood Bikes need dependable tyres.
- Five-month study will investigate how to recycle old EV battery packs for use in heritage vehiclesA new study will look into ways of giving old electric vehicle (EV) batteries a second life in classic and heritage cars.
The Classic Car Electrification (Cicero) study will focus on deconstructing old batteries to a “modular level” before reassembling their materials for use in EV conversions.
Organisers also intend to develop a digital model that would allow conversion specia
- Eight bespoke hues make up the Colours Of Cullinan Collection.
- It's larger than before and can be had with huge 20-inch wheels.
- Hot four-wheel drive Mk8 Volkswagen Golf R Estate spotted winter testing ahead of release later this year
- via testdriven.co.ukThere's a new Honda HR-V coming in late 2021, and it will be hybrid-only.
- Potent petrol range-topper will bridge the gap between the standard Tiguan and upcoming 316bhp R modelThe Volkswagen Tiguan line-up has swelled at the top end with the introduction of two new four-wheel-drive petrol options.
The 2.0-litre turbocharged four-cylinder engine is now available in 187bhp form, with 236lb ft, or in the identical 242bhp, 273lb ft guise offered in the Golf GTI hot hatchback. The same option was rolled out to the Tiguan's Seat Tarraco sibling last month.
- ‘Unique’ new ePower hybrid set-up for Nissan’s sleeker, roomier third-gen family SUVThe third-generation Nissan Qashqai marks a radical departure in all measures from its strong-selling predecessors, ushering in a new platform, a bold new look and hybrid-only powertrains.
Designed, engineered and produced in the UK, the new Qashqai sits atop an updated version of the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance’s CMF-C platform and has been completely redesigned with a “more
- New Nissan Qashqai family SUV takes the fight to the Skoda Karoq with improved tech, more practicality and a fuel-efficient hybrid option
- Aston Martin has revealed plans to unveil its new Formula 1 car for the 2021 season on 3 March.
- The Coventry city council and the Coventry Airport want to raise £2-billion to make it happen.
- JLR will trim its workforce over the next year – but company executives have confirmed that the changes won’t affect factory workers
- At least that's what online car supermarket BuyACar believes.
- The numbers don’t lie.
- A cleaner design makes the small crossover look more mature.
- The third-generation Honda HR-V compact SUV gets hybrid powertrains as standard
- Honda's Nissan Juke rival follows Jazz and CR-V in gaining e:HEV petrol-electric powertrain
Honda has revealed the hybrid-only third-generation HR-V crossover ahead of its European launch in late 2021.
As part of the company's aim to electrify all of its mainstream European models by 2022, the HR-V ditches the previous car's pure-petrol and diesel powerplants for a new e:HEV petrol-electric hybrid system promising "exceptional" efficiency.
Technical details remain unconfirmed, but the comb
- Research suggests electric cars will work best to cut global emissions if we keep them for longer than ICE equivalents. But which manufacturer will get there first?It’s taken some time, but I may finally have worked out what kind of electric car I want. Also, coincidentally, I’ve been driving the new Volkswagen ID 3 this week; but, credible and interesting as it may be, that isn’t the car. In fact, I wonder if a big ‘legacy’ car-maker such as Volkswagen will ev
- One of the most discreet luxury limousines is also one of the bestThe Audi A8, now in its fourth generation, is probably the most discreet luxury limousine around. But don’t mistake discretion for indifference: this is a techno-fest, with a host of features that maintain the A8’s reputation for innovation.
There’s the choice of a 282bhp 3.0-litre diesel (the 50 TDI) or a 335bhp 3.0-litre turbo petrol (the 55 TFSI). Both engines have a mild-hybrid system (a small battery and ele
- Another restomod Porsche 911? Not exactly – this homage to a 1980s legend is actually Ruf’s first bespoke creation
I can remember reading an observation made by one amazed early reviewer of the McLaren F1.He’d discovered that when sixth gear was selected at almost 200mph and the V12’s throttle bodies were subsequently prised back open, the car properly surged forth.There’s no shortage of confounding facts about the greatest supercar ever made, but I never got my hea
- This will be the last season for Spark Gen2 Evo cars
Electric single-seater series' seventh season could be a big one for 27-year-old Alex LynnFalse start, take two. Season seven of what is now the ABB Formula E World Championship should have begun in Santiago, Chile in mid-January, but guess what happened… The focus will now instead be on Diriyah, Saudi Arabia as the electric single-seater series takes an important step up in status. Late cancellations aside, there’s a lot riding o
- Survey suggests that motorists think EVs will make up 19.8 per cent of cars on the UK’s roads by 2030, while diesels will account for 16.8 per cent
- Legislators are being urged to consider the wider impact of EVs
Questions remain over the long-term environmental impact of petrol and electric carsManufacturers in Europe must sell substantial numbers of electrified cars to avoid heavy EU fines, but several industry figures have questioned whether emissions regulations should take into account the environmental impact of a vehicle’s entire lifespan.
For 2020, car makers had to hit a CO2 emissions fleet average of 95g/km for cars sold, and
23 Feb 202122 Feb 202121 Feb 202120 Feb 202119 Feb 202117 Feb 202116 Feb 202115 Feb 202114 Feb 202113 Feb 2021
Follow @Cars_UKnews on Twitter!