News11 Dec, 2019
The limited-run Jaguar XE Reims Edition gets unique ‘French Racing Blue’ paint and extra kit beyond the R-Dynamic S model
- 'Implied' air intakes hark back to the legendary Audi QuattroBMW M4 rival is final RS model to be facelifted with overhauled infotainment and more aggressive stylingAudi has updated the RS5 Sportback and coupé with tweaked styling and an overhauled infotainment system, just six months after the current model first arrived in UK dealerships.
The BMW M4 rival follows in the footsteps of its RS4 and RS7 siblings in gaining a revised front end, which features reshaped air intakes and an
- How Gordan Murray's T50 could look, according to Autocar
McLaren F1-inspired hypercar offers a radically different experience from mainstream rivals. Owners must understand its unique charmsGordon Murray’s T50 is one of those special supercars that will need owners who take the trouble to understand it.
It’s quite different from most rivals in performance and price: you’ll search in vain for a touchscreen and the same goes for 'driver aids'. This is an unashamedly analogue car&
- Official image shows the T50's prominent rear-mounted fan
Named T50, the radical £2.3m three-seat ‘fan car’ with a 12,400rpm V12 will be launched next MayGordon Murray plans to unveil a production-spec version of his revolutionary T50 ground-effect ‘fan car’ in May.
The £2.3 million ‘analogue’ hypercar, to be built at Murray’s new Dunsfold factory, will move immediately after launch into a prototype build and development phase, before product
- S-Class of SUVs packs a wonderfully refined and powerful diesel powertrain, but ride foibles undermine its appeal somewhat
This big beast is the third-generation version of the Mercedes-Benz GLS, née GL. Mercedes likes to think of it as the S-Class of its SUV range, and in terms of the sheer size of the thing, it would seem Stuttgart hasn’t skimped on the brief. At 5.21 metres, it may not be quite as long as, well, a real S-Class, but it’s easily the largest SUV to w
- Features11 Dec, 2019
A Kiwi couple are mid-way through an around-the-world odyssey in a Jeep Wrangler. We catch up with the pair in Iceland
- We asked a pro driver to describe what it’s like to drive CUPRA’s performance SUV. The twist: he had just one lap of Anglesey to tell us. Cue the action…The CUPRA Ateca has re-defined the style, comfort and pace you can expect from a performance SUV. We’ve already found out what it’s like to drive the CUPRA on one of Britain’s most scenic and demanding roads. We’ve also got the verdict of our Autocar and What Car? readers.
But what is the story of the t
- Combining AMG’s more focused dynamic set-up with the lesser capable of two bodystyles makes for compromises
Onwards, friends, leaving no niche unturned, just as much in the super-sports car category as Mercedes is doing in the small family car segment. This is the Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster in ‘R’ form and it takes the GT’s total number of derivatives to 16, across the two-door sports car’s coupé and roadster derivatives.The R Roadster is one of the weirder one
- News10 Dec, 2019
An average of 91.6 per cent of council vehicles use diesel, with London still running 724 non-ULEZ-compliant diesel vehicles
- Swedish brand's flagship saloon and estate will join XC90 with a raft of revisions, including more electrified variantsVolvo is planning a mid-life refresh of its S90 and V90 large saloon and estate ranges, and winter testing shots show the models with minimal disguise.
We can see that external changes will be subtle, given the development team hasn’t really bothered to disguise these prototypes. If you look closely you can see tape obscuring the lower grille and bumper details, suggesting
- Verstappen and Leclerc: the biggest threats to Hamilton
Which of the generation Z talents will make Hamilton generation ex?As Lewis Hamilton moves inexorably towards Michael Schumacher’s seven world titles and 91 grand prix victories, where is the next-gen challenge coming from? Is Ferrari the biggest threat to Hamilton and Mercedes? Or is it Red Bull-Honda?
In Max Verstappen and Charles Leclerc, both teams have outstanding young talents. You’d have to favour Verstappen simply becaus
- This kind of shot is far more enticing than on a driveway
Advertisers need to channel their inner Mad Men if they want their handiwork to stand out in the classifiedsSelling a car, as you frequently tell me, is a complete and utter faff. Not only do you have to cope with the great unwashed coming round to your gaff, kicking the tyres and probably slagging the car off, but they don’t want to pay your asking price, either.
Oddly enough, I was talking about all this the other day and what&rsq
- Integrated plug-and-play electric drivetrains should help make EVs more affordable.
Balancing affordability with profits is a major challenge facing EVs, but integrated plug-in electric powertrains can save everyone moneyTurn a profit on electric cars yet still offer them at a price more people can afford: that’s one of the major challenges facing the car industry. As things stand, it’s difficult to make inroads into the cost of the battery, but in most other areas, such as the archi
- Land Rover will release 500 Black Edition cars, which have dark gloss and interior enhancementsLand Rover has launched an R-Dynamic Black Limited Edition of its Range Rover Velar SUV, introducing an extensive black finish and interior add-ons to the standard car.
The limited-edition variant, of which only 500 will be produced, is based on Land Rover’s D180 R-Dynamic SE Velar.
As well as the black look, the model is also available in metallic grey. Other exterior features include tinted win
- Our reporters empty their notebooks to round up a week in gossip from across the automotive industryIn this week's round-up of automotive gossip, we chat plug-ins with Nissan and hear from Audi's design boss on E-trons, Mercedes commits to Renault and friends and more.
PHEV Juke nuked
Despite the second-gen Renault Captur offering a plug-in hybrid, the same can’t be said for the new Nissan Juke, which is built on the same platform thanks to the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance
15 Dec 201914 Dec 201913 Dec 201912 Dec 201911 Dec 201909 Dec 201908 Dec 201907 Dec 201906 Dec 201905 Dec 2019
Follow @Cars_UKnews on Twitter!