Hard Knocks Fighting Championship on December 7, 2016
HKFC - Hard Knocks 52 (Hard Knocks Fighting Championship) on 12/9/16
- Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, VideosALBANY, N.Y. – Sean O'Connell is at a crossroads moment in his UFC career, and he knows it.
The light heavyweight has lost two straight fights for the second time in his UFC career. Those two two-fight skids are sandwiched around a pair of TKO wins, but memories can be short in this sport when fighters approach three straight on the slide.
On Friday, O’Connell (17-8 MMA, 2-4 UFC) has what he believes will be his toughest test yet when he
- Filed under: Featured Videos, News, Radio Highlight, UFC, VideosOnetime UFC welterweight title challenger Stephen Thompson believes champ Tyron Woodley is game for an immediate rematch after their majority draw at UFC 205.
“I know Dana White definitely wants to see that instant rematch, and as of right now,” Thompson told MMAjunkie Radio. “I think Tyron Woodley’s on board with us, as well. We know it’s going to be us. We just don’t have a set date yet.”
- Filed under: Featured, Featured Videos, News, UFC, VideosALBANY, N.Y. – Fantastic beasts and where to find them? How ’bout upstate New York?
Friday’s UFC Fight Night 102 card in Albany features a pair of them on the main card: Derrick Lewis – “The Black Beast” – headlines the event against Shamil Abdurakhimov. And Corey Anderson – “Beastin’ 25/8” – is on the show against Sean O’Connell.
But that begs one pret
- ALBANY, N.Y. – Some fighters take a loss a little harder than others. When it’s a split decision, especially one most people thought you won, it can be particularly grating.
That was the case for Corey Anderson earlier this year after a split-call loss to Mauricio Rua in Rua’s home country of Brazil. At first, Anderson blamed himself for the setback at UFC 198 in May. He must not have done enough, he reasoned.
Then he watched the fight. And then he read what the rest of world t
- Filed under: Featured Videos, News, UFC, VideosALBANY, N.Y. – After wins over former title challenger Gabriel Gonzaga and Roy Nelson, Derrick Lewis wasn’t sure what kind of name he’d hear on the other end of the phone for his next fight.
And no disrespect to Shamil Abdurakhimov, but that wasn’t the one he was thinking