Go behind the scenes of our series clinching win as seen through the lens of Open Gym. #WeTheNorth Full epi:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Go behind the scenes of our series clinching win as seen through the lens of Open Gym. #WeTheNorth Full epi:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
Dates, Times & Broadcast Info for Round 2. #WeTheNorth Details: on.nba.com/2qog9Rr https://t.co/xxNGzZuP8CDates, Times & Broadcast Info for Round 2. #WeTheNorth Details: on.nba.com/2qog9Rr https://t.co/xxNGzZuP8C
Ever aspired to work in an @NBA front office? Introducing the Wayne Embry Fellowship. #WeTheNorth Apply 👉🏾… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Ever aspired to work in an @NBA front office?Introducing the Wayne Embry Fellowship. #WeTheNorth Apply 👉🏾… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- The game was winding down, and Raptors 905 were on the verge of winning the D-League championship. Fred VanVleet walked over to the scorer’s table alongside Dan Tolzman, GM of the Raptors 905, and they both turned to ask a simple question.
“How are they doing, what’s the score?”
The they being referred to was the Toronto Raptors, who were at the time hanging on for dear life against a stubborn Milwaukee Bucks squad mounting a comeback for the ages after trailing by as man
- Though I would be interested in seeing a calculation that would show us, as Raptors fans, how many years we rapidly age during the playoffs (last night’s game alone was 10, I’m sure), I am relieved for now knowing that I potentially have three nights of decent sleep ahead of me.
The playoffs are a big time fight for everybody. This time of year no one is playing at 100%. Guys are tired, hurt, some are trying to plan where they’ll end up in the off-season and others are no doubt
With the score tied late, @Cory_Joe stepped up & cashed a 3 for the @LGCanada Game Changing Play. #WeTheNorth https://t.co/UW41HT3aoDWith the score tied late, @Cory_Joe stepped up & cashed a 3 for the @LGCanada Game Changing Play. #WeTheNorth https://t.co/UW41HT3aoD
- Photo credit: KarynStepien.com.
With the shot clock off and victory well in-hand, Negus Webster-Chan took a three from the left corner. Unsurprisingly, this ruffled the feathers of the Rio Grande Valley Vipers, who were already looking down a blowout defeat in Game 3 of the D-League Finals. In moments, they’d be forced to leave the Hershey Centre floor as Raptors 905 celebrated their championship, and they apparently didn’t appreciate having the chance to leaving quietly.
- .@DeMar_DeRozan,Expertise: Getting Buckets. https://t.co/li8ChpYoRP
- The most concerning habit of the Toronto Raptors heading into the playoffs wasn’t their often iso-heavy offense, although that was troubling, it was that they often would follow up fantastic quarters and halves where they would show their potential on both ends of the floor with dominant play with quarters where they would disappoint. That ugly trend showed it’s head last night in game 6 against the Bucks, when the Raptors owned the first half of the game, building up a large lead wi
Skip ur lunch plans & come celebrate w/ the champs, @Raptors905! Where: Celebration Square, Sauga When: 12pm More… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Skip ur lunch plans & come celebrate w/ the champs, @Raptors905!Where: Celebration Square, Sauga When: 12pmMore… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- The 2017 NBA D-League Champions are ready to celebrate.
Raptors 905 will hold a championship celebration Friday at noon at Celebration Square in Mississauga.
The event is open to fans and will include activations and programming from 12-12:30, at which point the team will arrive and there will be on-stage programming.
This event is occurring in lieu of a championship parade. Celebration Square, by the way, is at Square One (300 City Centre Drive). The timing isn’t the greatest, on short no
- The fellas came up clutch when it mattered most. #WeTheNorth https://t.co/uuMGwiPyc7
- Don't mess with Deebo. #WeTheNorth https://t.co/oCACRqnlvo
- Raptors 92, Bucks 89 | Box Score | Quick Reaction | Post-game news & notes | Reaction Podcast
It was supposed to be so easy.
Okay, not easy. Hard things are hard, and all of that. But over the course of Games 4 and 5, the Toronto Raptors had found a comfort level with the formula necessary to beat the Milwaukee Bucks. A heated film session following Game 3 helped tighten up some of the graver defensive concerns, and a renewed focus on ball movement in response to Milwaukee’s aggre
ICYMI: Thanks to a huge game from DeMar & clutch plays down the stretch, TO is off to Round 2. @stackmack Game Rap: on.nba.com/2p9KRzWICYMI: Thanks to a huge game from DeMar & clutch plays down the stretch, TO is off to Round 2.@stackmack Game Rap: on.nba.com/2p9KRzW
.@Cory_Joe broke down the play that got him an open look for the go ahead 3. 🗯 youtu.be/eYtncReIN4Q https://t.co/GYwMh6b2v9.@Cory_Joe broke down the play that got him an open look for the go ahead 3.🗯 youtu.be/eYtncReIN4Q https://t.co/GYwMh6b2v9
- .@pdpatt postgame sound:🗯 youtu.be/x1zOVDY6zOc https://t.co/1q09H4zsaq
- .@JValanciunas postgame sound:🗯 youtu.be/Ipqi48LV9dA https://t.co/roXMiUqb0b
"We're a resilient team." @npowell2404 postgame sound: 🗯 youtu.be/_DSQ-bvYShU https://t.co/HaQBAoSgPl"We're a resilient team."@npowell2404 postgame sound:🗯 youtu.be/_DSQ-bvYShU https://t.co/HaQBAoSgPl
"We stayed calm... we got stops when we needed to & buckets when we needed to." DeRozan // Lowry postgame sound:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…"We stayed calm... we got stops when we needed to & buckets when we needed to."DeRozan // Lowry postgame sound:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Casey postgame sound:🗯 youtu.be/HcoKUu__rs8 https://t.co/SorG9UUxG2
The Bucks made it interesting but T.O. held on for a Game 6 series clinching win. #WeTheNorth @stackmack Game Rap: on.nba.com/2p9KRzWThe Bucks made it interesting but T.O. held on for a Game 6 series clinching win. #WeTheNorth @stackmack Game Rap: on.nba.com/2p9KRzW
- Happy Days.✌🏾 Milwaukee. #WeTheNorth https://t.co/tzZ0rdTWvF
- Well, that was terrifying.
Full disclosure: I watched the game on a stream at the Raptors 905 final. I was able to pay pretty decent attention for the most part, but I’ll be rewatching the game later tonight before writing the recap. What follows is a little briefer than usual on account of me not having a 100-percent grasp on the collapse just yet. It overlapped with the 905 closing minutes (and the near-fight that ensued). On the bright side, it meant watching the closing minute of the g
- Photo credit: KarynStepien.com
This is my favorite post I’ve ever made on this site.Read more about the title game here.
VIDEO: Bruno Caboclo ties career-high with 31 points in D-League Championship originated on Raptors Republic: ESPN TrueHoop Network Blog.
2nd season, 1st 'ship. Congrats, @Raptors905. 🙌🏾🏆 #RoadToTheSix #WeTheNorth twitter.com/raptors905/sta…2nd season, 1st 'ship. Congrats, @Raptors905. 🙌🏾🏆 #RoadToTheSix #WeTheNorth twitter.com/raptors905/sta…
- Host William Lou is joined by Zarar Siddiqi to detail a painful Game 6 win against the Milwaukee Bucks.
Three Stars: DeMar DeRozan, PJ Tucker, Cory JosephGerald Henderson award: Jason Terry (retire already)
Grab the iTunes feed or check us out on Stitcher on Android. There is also the plain old feed or just listen below:Additional notes:
10 things from Raptors-Bucks (series recap) #NBA #WeTheNorth pic.twitter.com/qGCBZEPVGs
— William Lou (@william_lou) April 28, 2017Raptors-Bucks Game 6 Re
- With the Milwaukee Bucks (barely) in the rear-view mirror, the Toronto Raptors can now turn their attention to the Cleveland Cavaliers. They’ll have a weekend to catch their breath and gameplan, as the Eastern Conference semi-finals don’t begin until Monday.
Here’s the schedule for Raptors-Cavaleirs, round two:
Monday, May 1 – Raptors @ Cavaliers, 7 p.m., TNTWednesday, May 3 – Raptors @ Cavaliers, 7 p.m., TNTFriday, May 5 – Cavaliers @ Raptors, 7 p.m., ESPNSun
- Photo credit: KarynStepien.com
Raptors 905 122, Rio Grande Valley Vipers 96 | Box Score | Raptors 905 win D-League Championship series 2-1
Assignees: Pascal Siakam, Bruno Caboclo, Fred VanVleet (905), Kyle Wiltjer, Troy Williams Chinanu Onuaku (Vipers)
The D-League would have been hard-pressed to set up a better story for the deciding Game 3 of their championship. Two powerhouse teams that ranked first and second in net rating by way of contrasting styles, an elite offense ag
MilwaukeeB+N. Powell31 MIN, 8 PTS, 3 REB, 0 AST, 0 STL, 3-6 FG, 2-2 3FG, 0-0 FT, 0 BLK, 2 TO, 5 +/-
Powell still hasn’t missed a three as starter! This wasn’t a huge offensive show for Powell, but he was huge when the Raptors made a run in the first half, and the beginning of the third quarter. In the fourth, he wasn’t as great, picking up some fouls down the stretch. Norman played well again and will be huge for the Raptors moving into the second
- DeMar DeRozan makes his mark.
WATCH: DeMar DeRozan Monster Dunk Kills off Milwaukee originated on Raptors Republic: ESPN TrueHoop Network Blog.
3rd quarter update: @DeMar_DeRozan continues to get buckets. DD's got 20. Raps +18. #RTZ https://t.co/V43C5cJt3m3rd quarter update: @DeMar_DeRozan continues to get buckets.DD's got 20. Raps +18. #RTZ https://t.co/V43C5cJt3m
Offence: Good Defence: Better Leaders - Pts (DD 16) Rb (Serge 6) Ast (KLow 4) Box… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Offence: Good Defence: BetterLeaders - Pts (DD 16) Rb (Serge 6) Ast (KLow 4)Box… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Please God let this finish tonight, I don’t think my stomach can handle a Game 7.
Signs are positive so far – up 51-38.The Raptors survived the early energy onslaught by the Bucks and Giannis as the latter had Milwaukee’s first 8 points, all at the paint.This had shades of Game 3 written on it for the first few minutes of the quarter, but things soon calmed down, courtesy of, 1) some very effective ball movement which had JV being rewarded in the paint for his flashes, and 2) a
- "I heard they recently decided to add more hops."@npowell2404 #RTZ https://t.co/WNOL90Sd6K
- RISE, NORM
- This kid can hoop, am I Wright? #RTZ https://t.co/UNSgppImmP
- 2-man game clickin' early. #RTZ https://t.co/XMba4Jf1Fe
Weathered the storm 'till we got hot. #RTZ Deebo - 10 JV - 6 & 4 Box: on.nba.com/2oRk88I https://t.co/7mRGVGILEcWeathered the storm 'till we got hot. #RTZ Deebo - 10 JV - 6 & 4Box: on.nba.com/2oRk88I https://t.co/7mRGVGILEc
- Quick 6 for Deebo. Raps +1.Timeout Bucks. #RTZ https://t.co/03icaNjy4B
- NORM POW3LL
- So, this is a pretty big day for the Toronto Raptors organization. In Mississauga, Raptors 905 will top of for the deciding Game 3 of the D-League Finals, looking to bring a championship to MLSE for the first time in forever. The parent club Toronto Raptors, meanwhile, will look to close out a first-round playoff series in fewer than the maximum number of games for the first time ever as they visit the Milwaukee Bucks for Game 6.
And yes, that’s correct – the Raptors have never won a
.@shermanhamilton & @Paul__Jones tee up Game 6 tonight in Milwaukee. #WeTheNorth Preview: on.nba.com/2qkd5WF https://t.co/X7ChfeYCww.@shermanhamilton & @Paul__Jones tee up Game 6 tonight in Milwaukee. #WeTheNorth Preview: on.nba.com/2qkd5WF https://t.co/X7ChfeYCww
Raptors fans in ML Square are said to be heard all the way to Milwaukee. #Facts Let's hear y'all today, gates open… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Raptors fans in ML Square are said to be heard all the way to Milwaukee. #FactsLet's hear y'all today, gates open… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
Get primed for tonight by reliving Game 5 thru the eyes of Open Gym. #OGSeasonV #WeTheNorth Full epi:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Get primed for tonight by reliving Game 5 thru the eyes of Open Gym. #OGSeasonV #WeTheNorth Full epi:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- There is a funny thing that happens in long-term relationships. You begin the relationship thinking that the flaws in the other person are things that you’ll fix as time passes, and over time those flaws don’t go away. They become both more glaring and, if the relationship lasts, less relevant, because you both begin to accept the person in spite of their flaws as well as realizing those things aren’t worth losing the relationship. You continue to point them out and wish they&r
Reminder: #DeMarreCarroll has been named a finalist for the #NBACommunityAssist award. RT this to vote for DC & k… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Reminder: #DeMarreCarroll has been named a finalist for the #NBACommunityAssistaward.RT this to vote for DC & k… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
In the first quarter of Game 5, the Toronto Raptors were able to effectively leverage the Milwaukee Bucks’ aggressive defense to their advantage, as they scored 31 points on just 24 possessions. By examining specific possessions, we can see how the Raptors were able to accomplish what once seemed like a daunting task.
Once the Raptors screen for one of their primary offensive weapons, on or off ball, the Bucks use that as a signal to aggressively pressure e
- By: Jason LakeHello again, Raptors faithful. So this has been a hell of a series so far. Just like last year’s first-rounder with the Indiana Pacers, the Raps are getting all they can handle from the Milwaukee Bucks. But has Toronto turned the corner? The new-look lineup with Norman Powell in the starting five and Jonas Valanciunas coming off the bench has worked wonders these past two games, putting the Bucks on the brink of elimination.
You won’t find too many people here at the Re
ICYMI: @Raptors905 play for the @NBADLeague championship tonight & @matterofkat has details on how to get tix... [… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…ICYMI: @Raptors905 play for the @NBADLeague championship tonight & @matterofkat has details on how to get tix...[… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
Follow @Raptors_News_ on Twitter!