- The Seahawks will have to get by for at least the next few weeks without starting left tackle Bradley Sowell. An MRI on Monday showed a sprained MCL in Sowell’s right knee suffered in the fourth quarter of Sunday night’s 6-6 tie with the Arizona Cardinals. “It’s going to take a few weeks, we’ll see…
"These guys have played like this for years around here, and it matters to them." - @PeteCarroll 📰 |… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…"These guys have played like this for years around here, and it matters to them." - @PeteCarroll 📰 |… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…
- Sunday's game was Kelcie McCray's second straight start in relief of an injured Kam Chancellor. A week after playing some part in a couple of blown coverages that allowed the Atlanta Falcons to score 21 third-quarter points, McCray participated in a game-high 108 plays, including 95 on defense, on a hot Arizona night. Seattle's defense kept the Seahawks in the game on a night when the offense couldn't put anything together until overtime, and McCray himself came up with a game-saving play i
Pete Carroll provided injury updates on Sowell, Chancellor, & more during his Monday presser. 📰 |… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…Pete Carroll provided injury updates on Sowell, Chancellor, & more during his Monday presser. 📰 |… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…
"I felt like I could jump over him, so I tried it and it was a success.” 📰 | shwks.com/4hrq https://t.co/jvVTjqinZn"I felt like I could jump over him, so I tried it and it was a success.”📰 | shwks.com/4hrq https://t.co/jvVTjqinZn
How should we feel after the 6-6 tie with Arizona? Our players shared their thoughts. #SEAvsAZ 📰 |… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…How should we feel after the 6-6 tie with Arizona? Our players shared their thoughts. #SEAvsAZ📰 |… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…
LIVE on #Periscope: @PeteCarroll Monday Week 8 press conference from VMAC. periscope.tv/w/at0PSjExNzM3…LIVE on #Periscope: @PeteCarroll Monday Week 8 press conference from VMAC. periscope.tv/w/at0PSjExNzM3…
- After seven weeks, the NFL has a problem. Whether the league wants it acknowledge it publicly or privately or will try to minimize it with damage-control doublespeak (“we don’t have fewer viewers, the same viewers are viewing less“), the NFL has a problem. Ratings are down, every week in nearly every broadcasting window. For Week Seven,…
- 👔 #SEAvsAZ https://t.co/Bh5O3U2MbE
- After seemingly improving over the first five games of the 2016 season, the Seahawks offensive line took a step backward in Sunday night's 6-6 tie versus the Arizona Cardinals. Though Seattle only allowed two sacks and five hits to quarterback Russell Wilson, the line's inability to give Wilson any time to take deep shots in the passing game or open up holes in the running game led to a historically futile offensive effort. There's a chance -- albeit a small one -- that help could come from
Leaping over blockers. Wreaking havoc in the backfield. @Bwagz54 made plays everywhere! 🐢 #GoHawks https://t.co/vQQ9OiPkZSLeaping over blockers. Wreaking havoc in the backfield. @Bwagz54 made plays everywhere! 🐢#GoHawks https://t.co/vQQ9OiPkZS
Monday Round-Up: Media react to our historic 6-6 tie with Arizona. #SEAvsAZ 📰 | shwks.com/vwlv https://t.co/iz2uUn5hL8Monday Round-Up: Media react to our historic 6-6 tie with Arizona. #SEAvsAZ 📰 | shwks.com/vwlv https://t.co/iz2uUn5hL8
- The Seahawks-Cardinals game on Sunday night was the sixth tie of the 21st century; the last 6-6 tie came in 1972.
- Aside from obvious statements that it was historic, dramatic and ugly, the sporting press took broad shots at Seattle's offensive line.
- The Cardinals and Seahawks played a 6-6 tie Sunday night that may have felt more painful for Arizona than it did for the Seahawks. Arizona was playing at home, their offense gained 443 yards and their defense held the Seahawks to 257 yards and 11 first downs over the course of the evening. Those activities didn’t…
- Russell Wilson’s only rushing attempt of the night was in the first quarter, and he lost a pair of yards, and they didn’t bother calling any more runs for him. Mostly, that was because the Seahawks wasn’t physically able to execute them, as he’s clearly still bothered by knee and ankle injuries. “We just couldn’t…
- Cardinals coach Bruce Arians didn’t lose last night, but he was in no mood to consider the official explanation he’d get from the league later this week. In fact, that explanation may come in the form of an invoice. In discussing one particular play during his team’s 6-6 tie with the Seahawks, Bobby Wagner’s leaping field…
- The Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals stumbled to a 6-6 tie Sunday night in the desert, the fourth deadlock since the NFL instituted new overtime rules prior to the 2012-13 season.Second-string quarterback Matt Flynn helped the Packers rally from a 23-7 deficit in the fourth quarter, and Mason Crosby put the them ahead 26-23 with a 20-yard field goal 4 1/2 minutes into OT.The visiting Vikings rallied for a 12-play drive that ended with Blair Walsh's 35-yard field goal with 3:54 left.Cincinn
- (AP) — The Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals didn't really know how to react after a 6-6 tie."Two hundred games, including playoffs," the Cardinals' Larry Fitzgerald said.Both kickers missed chip shots that would have won Sunday night's game in overtime, Arizona's Chandler Catanzaro from 24 yards, then Seattle's Steven Hauschka from 27 yards.The Cardinals still haven't beaten Seattle in Arizona in coach Bruce Arians' four seasons in the desert.Wagner pulled off an amazingly athletic p
- The all-time series remains tiedSEA: 17 wins AZ: 17 wins 1 Tie https://t.co/E0ploSxjFc
- All the ugliness concluded as Sunday turned to Monday on the East Coast with a "Can you believe that?!" 6-6 tie between the Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals after each team's kicker missed a gimme field goal attempt late in overtime.In between, there were other duds that featured sloppy offense, tons of turnovers, plenty of punts and penalties, questionable coaching or various other instances of the sort of blah, take-it-or-leave-it, non-action that led Washington Redskins coach Jay Gruden
Need highlights from tonight's #SNF matchup? We got you covered. 🎥 | shwks.com/8ly2 https://t.co/P7hIlMuZs5Need highlights from tonight's #SNF matchup? We got you covered.🎥 | shwks.com/8ly2 https://t.co/P7hIlMuZs5
- 💪 Our relentless pass rush was led by @cliffavril. #GoHawks https://t.co/0Bbmm8k434
- The Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals played one of the craziest games of football you'll ever see in front of a prime-time national television audience Sunday night; a game highlighted by inept offense, tremendous defense and special-teams miracles and miscues. When Seattle kicker Stephen Hauschka's 28-yard attempt sailed right left with just seconds left in overtime -- and minutes after his Cardinals counterpart missed a nearly identical chip shot on the other end of the field -- the
- Final stats from #SEAvsAZ https://t.co/HpIFHYD675
- Kickers miss short field goals, Seahawks, Cards tie 6-6(AP) — Stephen Hauschka needed only to make a 27-yard field goal to give the Seattle Seahawks an overtime victory over Arizona.The Seahawks (4-1-1), stuffed throughout regulation by the Arizona defense, took over and Russell Wilson completed passes of 31 yards to Jermaine Kearse and 27 yards to Doug Baldwin to give Hauschka his short attempt.Catanzaro, who kicked field goals of 46 and 45 yards, also had a 39-yard field goal blocked by
- #SEAvsAZ is the lowest scoring overtime tie in NFL history — NFL Research (@NFLResearch) October 24, 2016 Well, have you ever seen anything like that? On the one hand it’s a good result for Seattle because: a.) Arizona had the ball at the one yard line and missed a chip shot field goal. b.) David […]
- Subtle, it was not. Stylish, it was not. But that doesn’t mean it was bad, either. For all the problems the NFL has had putting entertaining games on in prime time this year, the Cardinals and Seahawks delivered a beauty, though it’s admittedly in the eye of the beholder. And if you watched them pummel each…
- There are a couple of not-so-average Joes with no-so-average jobs who are available to change employers in the next week or so. In addition to Browns left tackle Joe Thomas, 49ers left tackle Joe Staley also could be had in trade. Staley, drafted in the same round (first) of the same draft (2007) as Thomas,…
- Neither team is doing much offensively tonight, but if the Cardinals are going to, they’re going to do it short-handed. Cards wideout Jaron Brown, who left earlier with a knee injury, has been downgraded to out. The Cards were already without John Brown (hamstring, sickle cell trait), and Michael Floyd has been in and out…
- Lining up about 5 yards deep, the 245-pound linebacker cleared Arizona's offensive line and had a clear shot at Catanzaro's kick.Cardinals coach Bruce Arians tried to get the officials to review the play, but it is not reviewable under NFL rules, and Arizona lost a timeout to the botched challenge.Atlanta Falcons running back Tevin Coleman hurt his hamstring in the third quarter and was listed as questionable to return.Coleman — who splits carries with starter Devonta Freeman — ran e
- It’s not a high-scoring half of football, but it’s entertaining in its own way. And the Cardinals have the only points, leading Seattle 3-0 after a hard-hitting first half. The Cards are pressuring Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson into an ugly stat line. Wilson’s just 5-of-14 passing for 34 yards, and lost 2 yards on his only…
- Some people see a scoreless quarter and see the glass as half-empty. But the Seahawks and Cardinals have also played quality defense, and kept the pressure on opposing quarterbacks so far. It’s been hard for either side to get into much of a rhythm, but it’s not necessarily the fault of the offenses. Seahawks quarterback…
- You don’t need a TV to watch Sunday Night Football. But you do need an Internet connection, if you don’t have a TV. With said Internet connection and a computer or a tablet, you can stream the game via NBCSports.com or the NBC Sports app. It all gets started soon, with the Seahawks trying to…
- The Seattle Seahawks (4-1) take on the Arizona Cardinals (3-3) in a prime-time NFC West matchup Sunday night.
- The Cardinals and Seahawks will be in action on Sunday night and the release of their inactive lists shows that there wasn’t any late good news for either John Brown or Kam Chancellor. Brown is inactive for the Cardinals as a result of the leg issues that he’s been dealing with this week. The wide…
- A year after the Browns nearly traded tackle Joe Thomas to the Broncos (unless they didn’t), the question of whether the long-time fixture on the team’s offensive line will be shipped to a contender will once again land in the middle of the league’s radar screen. Per a source with knowledge of the situation, a…
- [...] inactive for Seattle were running back C.J. Spiller, running back Thomas Rawls, linebacker Kevin Pierre-Lewis, guard Rees Odhiambo, tight end Luke Thomas and defensive tackle Quinton Jefferson.The other Cardinals inactives were cornerback Brandon Williams, linebacker Gabe Martin, guard Cole Toner, defensive tackle Olsen Pierre, defensive tackle Ed Stinson and nose tackle Xavier Williams.
- The Seattle Seahawks (4-1) travel to the desert to take on the Arizona Cardinals (3-3) in a nationally televised primetime NFC West matchup. Kickoff is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. (TV: KING/5, Radio: 710 ESPN Seattle). Follow along with seattlepi.com Seahawks beat reporter Stephen Cohen as he brings you the action, and join the conversation with your own commentary and analysis.
- Vinatieri kicked two field goals Sunday against the Tennessee Titans, extending his streak without a miss to 43 consecutive field goals for an NFL record.Washington Redskins cornerback Josh Norman has been ruled out for the rest of the game with a concussion and appeared to injure his left shoulder.Smith injured his right knee while taking a sack from Baltimore's Matthew Judon, was taken to the locker room and listed as out for the game after returning to the sideline in street clothes.Smith too
- The Tennessee Titans already have lost right guard Chance Warmack to injured reserve, and now left guard Quinton Spain has been carted off the field.Eagles cornerback Ron Brooks was carted off the field after suffering a right knee injury late while making a tackle in the first quarter.New York Giants kick returner Dwayne Harris suffered what looked like a serious injury when returning the final punt of the first half, but he returned to field the first punt of the fourth quarter.New York Giants
- New York Giants wide receiver Dwayne Harris is considered questionable to return against the Los Angeles Rams after injuring his lower back during a 2-yard punt return shortly before the end of the second quarter.Lawrence Brownlee was chosen by the New York Jets to sing the national anthem before their game against the Baltimore Ravens, but the operatic tenor faced a difficult decision.[...] I decided to use the voice that God has given me to sing, Brownlee wrote, to sing with the conflicting em
- The pregame protests were muted, with only one player, the Los Angeles Rams' Robert Quinn, raising a clenched fist during the national anthem before the start of the game against the New York Giants.On the second play from scrimmage, Giants tight end Larry Donnell took an 8-yard reception for an apparent first down — only to have the ball forced loose by Lamarcus Joyner and recovered by Rams cornerback E.J. Gaines on the Giants 35.The NFL's latest experiment in internationalizing the sport
- The New York Giants play the Los Angeles Rams in Twickenham Stadium, the home of England's rugby team in southwest London, to begin a slate of 13 games Sunday.The buildup has been overshadowed by the NFL's response to new domestic-abuse allegations against Giants kicker Josh Brown, who has been placed on NFL-ordered paid leave while the league mulls whether his original one-game suspension should be toughened.
- The NFL's latest experiment in internationalizing the sport — taking the game to the English home of rugby, Twickenham, for the first time — got off to a stylish start with fireworks, flames and live music from English R&B star Craig David performing from his new album, "Following My Intuition."Ticket scalpers outside the stadium could be heard appealing to buy tickets from passers-by, complaining that the original allotment had sold out online within 20 minutes.The New York Gian
- Just a few notes from the three games I watched on Saturday. Firstly though — if you’re in the UK I’ll be on national radio again tonight covering all of the early games and then commentary on San Diego @ Atlanta, check it out if you get a chance. Here’s the link to the show […]
- The Day Before. #GoHawks https://t.co/jOXqnQRRQZ
Where to watch, listen, & follow: #SEAvsAZ 📺 @SNFonNBC 📻 @westwood1sports More info: shwks.com/upcg https://t.co/ka4uvKVqE3Where to watch, listen, & follow: #SEAvsAZ 📺 @SNFonNBC📻 @westwood1sportsMore info: shwks.com/upcg https://t.co/ka4uvKVqE3
Follow @Seahawks_Nws on Twitter!