- Quarterback shopping - the 49ers brass were in attendance at North Carolina's Pro Day; and 49ers met with Louisiana Tech’s WR Carlos Henderson on Tuesday night. On Tuesday, North Carolina's Pro Day attracted 75 NFL officials representing all 32 teams. The huge presence of talent evaluators were on hand to see several quality prospects, but one in particular was the main attraction, QB Mitchell Trubisky.General manager John Lynch said last week that he, vice president of player of personnel
- The TV contracts expire in 2022, and the NFL wants to make sure they can be ready to max it out again. NFL owners will be meeting next week in Arizona in the largest owners’ meeting of the offseason. They meet regularly during the year, but the late March meetings are big for voting on rules and preparing for the coming season.
One issue the NFL appears set to address is the downtime for viewers during games. Commissioner Roger Goodell spoke with USA Today, and acknowledged the annoyance o
Who is @MikeMayock's top QB? Which RB moved up the big board at the Combine? 5 takeaways from his rankings: 49rs.co/TiS8lrWho is @MikeMayock's top QB? Which RB moved up the big board at the Combine? 5 takeaways from his rankings: 49rs.co/TiS8lr
Thanks for joining us at the @EAMaddenNFL Club Series. Congrats to FMB Monsta who will represent the #49ers in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Thanks for joining us at the @EAMaddenNFL Club Series. Congrats to FMB Monsta who will represent the #49ers in the… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- NFL Network's premier talent evaluator updated his positional rankings on Tuesday and there is plenty to break down.
- Whether the Browns get Jimmy Garoppolo or not, there’s no way they leave day one without a QB, right? The Cleveland Browns have been regularly connected to New England Patriots quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo, and we might get one last surge of trade rumors. The Patriots rumored asking price of two first rounds picks had quieted things down, but the Browns addition of a 2018 second round in the Brock Osweiler trade raised some eyebrows.
Now, with NFL owners meetings taking place in Arizona nex
- The executive did offer some context, but it’s still amusing. There are still five weeks left until the 2017 NFL Draft, and I think we have maxed out the Mitchell Trubisky comparisons. The North Carolina quarterback was recently compared with Rich Gannon among executives. Now, Todd McShay is ready to top that. The ESPN draft analyst said one personnel director at Trubisky’s Pro Day compared him to Aaron Rodgers when the Packers QB was coming out of college.
Naturally, that will get t
- Do the math: versatile FB + inventive coach = FUN Many NFL pundits criticized the San Francisco 49ers for paying free agent Pro Bowl fullback Kyle Juszczyk $5 million a year, a record for the position. However, his potential as an all-around “offensive weapon” makes the criticism short-sighted.
For one thing, the Niners still have $74 million left in cap room even after all of their free agency signings, the most in the NFL. Additionally, the contract is effectively year to year, so
- Only two QBs in the first round, and a defensive player to the 49ers that we are seeing more regularly. ESPN draft analysts Mel Kiper and Todd McShay are converging in their 2017 NFL mock drafts when it comes to the San Francisco 49ers. McShay’s latest mock draft, a week ago, had the 49ers drafting Stanford defensive end Solomon Thomas. Mel Kiper released his latest 2017 NFL mock draft, and he has the 49ers also drafting Thomas.
As with McShay, Kiper moved away from the quarterback positio
- Naturally, he is visiting a rival. The San Francisco 49ers have not appeared to actively pursue a contract extension with free agent linebacker Gerald Hodges, and he is starting to get some more interest. ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting Hodges has a visit scheduled with the Seattle Seahawks on Wednesday. He previously met with the Kansas City Chiefs.
The 49ers originally acquired Hodges in an October 2015 trade with the Minnesota Vikings. The 49ers sent center Nick Easton and a sixth rou
- The 49ers met with a potential day two wide receiver option. Here’s a scouting report on Carlos Henderson. The San Francisco 49ers are criss-crossing the country attending college Pro Days, and those events include a chance to hold one-on-one meetings with different prospects.
The 49ers sent a contingent to the North Carolina Pro Day on Tuesday, but they also had a presence at Louisiana Tech’s Pro Day. They showed particular interest in wide receiver Carlos Henderson, with Tony Pauli
- Wednesday, March 23rd, 2017 edition of the Golden Nuggets, a daily compilation of San Francisco 49ers links from the Internet One of the top QB prospects in this year’s draft and possible future 49er, Mitch Trubisky participated in drills on North Carolina’s Pro Day. This week is a big week for the 49ers and possible QB picks. Following Trubisky’s Pro Day, the 49ers will have Clemson’s Dashaun Watson for a personal workout on Wednesday and then travel to Notre Dame’
- With Pro Day workouts happening throughout the land, PFT Live has been trying to line up as many visits as possible with college head coaches. A day after a fairly newsworthy chat with Michigan coach (and former 49ers coach) Jim Harbaugh, we’ll be joined by UCLA coach (and former Falcons and Seahawks coach) Jim Mora…
NFL Network's @MikeMayock breaks down QB prospect Mitchell Trubisky's Pro Day. Watch: 49rs.co/6hraoYNFL Network's @MikeMayock breaks down QB prospect Mitchell Trubisky's Pro Day.Watch: 49rs.co/6hraoY
- We will compile all the picks to see who the consensus is on the site. The 2017 NFL Draft is five weeks away, and with the main part of free agency behind us, we have a general idea where most teams will be situated next month. Prospect injuries and other issues will impact some parts of the draft board, but we have a pretty solid base upon which to offer our speculation about what the 49ers might do.
Odds are pretty good most of us will end proven wrong on a lot of draft picks, but the No. 2 pi
- Free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick has responded to Monday night’s verbal attack from the President not with words but with action. Via the New York Daily News, Kaepernick has donated $50,000 to Meals on Wheels America. Meals on Wheels has been characterized in media reports (which may not be accurate) as a potential target of the spending…
- DeShone Kizer got no votes. The University of North Carolina held its Pro Day on Tuesday, and with its conclusion, Mitchell Trubisky and DeShaun Watson have wrapped up their open performances. Moving forward, they will conduct private workouts and official visits throughout the next month. Notre Dame holds its Pro Day on Thursday, which means DeShone Kizer will be on display, and then head off for his private workouts and official visits.
With two of the three notable Pro Days complete, NFL Netw
WHAT. A. GRAB. 😱 Vote for @JKerley11 in @gmfb's Tournament of Catches: 49rs.co/YFwzBU https://t.co/OhliaDL1iZWHAT. A. GRAB. 😱Vote for @JKerley11 in @gmfb's Tournament of Catches: 49rs.co/YFwzBU https://t.co/OhliaDL1iZ
- The 49ers have added some potential core special teamers. The San Francisco 49ers signed potential starters in free agency, but they also added at least three potential core special teams players. The team signed linebackers Brock Coyle and Dekoda Watson, and defensive back Don Jones. All three will likely get preseason snaps at their defensive positions, but for the time being, it would likely take injuries to get them into the regular season defensive rotation.
We have some updated information
With the No. 2 overall pick, @BuckyBrooks thinks the #49ers should go with a defensive player. 🎥… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…With the No. 2 overall pick, @BuckyBrooks thinks the #49ers should go with a defensive player. 🎥… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Where do you put Christian McCaffrey in this group based on potential second round value? The bulk of NFL free agency is finished, and we are halfway through college Pro Days. The NFL Draft is five weeks away, and that means it is time for Mike Mayock’s latest 2017 NFL Draft position rankings.
The San Francisco 49ers need a complementary option at running back, but first round seems unlikely. It would not be an entirely shocking to see them spend a high pick on the position, but first roun
- The 49ers have an intriguing rotational player in Chris Jones. Last week, the San Francisco 49ers announced that they re-signed defensive tackle Chris Jones to a one-year contract. 49ers cap expert Jason Hurley has the details on the contract, which will use the veteran minimum salary benefit.
Chris Jones deal- $775K base salary(counts $615K against the cap), and $50K signing bonus, Minimum Salary Benefits deal. $665K cap number.— Jason Hurley (@Jay_AB81) March 21, 2017
Jones’ deal w
- Best of luck, but odds are good Sidney Jones spends the season on the NFI list. University of Washington cornerback Sidney Jones suffered a torn Achilles at his Pro Day earlier this month, but he is optimistic about his return. Jones had his surgery, and upon completion, he said the doctor told him “I will for sure be playing this upcoming season.”
Surgery was great ✊The doctor said that I will for sure be playing this upcoming season #DontCountMeOut— Sidney Jones IV (@Si
- The good works keep on coming. Former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick is back with his latest round of donations. Kaepernick has been donating $100,000 per month since last October, on his way to donating $1 million in total over the course of a year. According to Ian Rapoport, the next round of $100,000 will be split evenly between Meals on Wheels and Love Army for Somalia.
Kaepernick has been focusing primarily on community charities around the country, but the last couple mon
- North Carolina quarterback Mitchell Trubisky is doing the pro day thing today, and then he’ll embark on a parade of visits and workouts with individual teams. And beyond the usual suspects, there’s one name that stands out a bit. According to Andrew Carter of the Raleigh News and Observer, Trubisky said he had trips set…
- The 49ers will have plenty of these workouts with quarterbacks over the next month. No surprise on this news. North Carolina quarterback Mitchell Trubisky met with the media on Tuesday following his Pro Day workout, and told them he has private workouts set up with the San Francisco 49ers, Cleveland Browns, New York Jets, and Kansas City Chiefs, “among others,” according to Andrew Carter.
The 49ers were at his Pro Day, but head coach Kyle Shanahan was not part of the group. The Pro D
- The 49ers are likely looking for new options along the offensive line moving forward. The first two or three waves of NFL free agency are a wrap, and now we are getting into more of the lesser known players getting visits and deals. We’ll see something with some of the notable veteran names in the coming weeks and months, but for now, lesser names are getting an opportunity to do some visiting.
One of those players is former 49ers guard Andrew Tiller. Matt Barrows is reporting Tiller is vi
- The 49ers need to find someone to complement Carlos Hyde. It will not be Shaun Draughn. The San Francisco 49ers have been quiet on the running back front, and one option is off the table. Free agent Shaun Draughn has agreed to terms with the New York Giants, according to his agent (via Adam Schefter). He joins a depth chart that includes Paul Perkins, Shane Vereen, and Orleans Darkwa, among others.
The 49ers running back depth chart currently includes Carlos Hyde, Mike Davis, and Raheem Mostert.
- The Giants signed a veteran running back. Not that one. According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, former 49ers running back Shaun Draughn has agreed to a contract with the Giants. Draughn has filled in capably at multiple stops in his career, finishing last season as San Francisco’s starter. He’s a good enough runner and can…
- Checking in on all the pro days scouts for the 49ers attended on March 20th. Starting our third week of Scouting 49ers Scouts - pro day edition, we move on to March 20th workouts, where a few notable prospects impressed yesterday in front of 49ers' scouts. Keep in mind, although it's unlikely to track every pro day (nine scheduled yesterday) representatives from the 49ers will/have attend(ed) throughout the process, we will pass along those visits the team has been reported to be represented.
- We’ve got live tweets from a draft analyst in Chapel Hill. The University of North Carolina is hosting their annual college Pro Day on Tuesday, and plenty of teams are on hand to watch quarterback Mitchell Trubisky. General manager John Lynch told KNBR last week that he, Martin Mayhew, Adam Peters, and QB coach Rich Scangarello will be on hand for the event. They will also observe Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer’s Pro Day on Thursday, and will also hold a semi-private workout with Clemso
- Little more than four years ago, Colin Kaepernick and Robert Griffin III were two of the hottest quarterbacks in the NFL. Now, they’re unemployed. They won’t be for long, if they decide to play in Canada. Via Kevin Seifert of ESPN.com, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats have added both players to their exclusive negotiating list. This gives…
- Never doubt that Jim Harbaugh will bring the thunder in his media appearances! Former San Francisco 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh made an appearance on PFT Live Tuesday morning, and naturally he got questions about Colin Kaepernick. The free agent quarterback reportedly was close to a deal with an unknown team, but nothing otherwise has leaked suggesting he has visited with anybody.
Harbaugh said that teams have reached out to him asking his opinion of Kaepernick. He thinks the quarterback still
- The coach who went to a Super Bowl with Colin Kaepernick thinks another team could get to the Super Bowl with Kaepernick, if he gets the chance. Jim Harbaugh said on PFT Live that Kaepernick, whom he coached in San Francisco, still has all the tools he displayed when he took the league by storm…
- A new regime and cheap rookie deals means the 49ers are not beholden to past first round picks. The San Francisco 49ers have a lot of choices for their No. 2 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft, and if they do not trade down (or up), they could choose from a handful of players. Quarterback is always on the radar, but more mock drafts have had them focusing on guys like Solomon Thomas, Malik Hooker, and Jamal Adams.
Thomas has been the fast riser in mock draft, and we see more of that in two new mocks. Pe
- At a time when the lingering free agency of quarterback Colin Kaepernick has become one of the hottest topics in the NFL, the man who got the most out of Kaepernick will be chiming in on Kaepernick’s abilities. Former 49ers coach and current Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh joins PFT Live on Tuesday morning at 8:35…
- Tuesday, March 21st, 2017 edition of the Golden Nuggets, a daily compilation of San Francisco 49ers links from the Internet The 49ers family was given terrible news on Sunday night when 49er legend Dwight Clark broke the news that he has been diagnosed with ALS. Dwight, who was on the receiving end of one of the greatest plays in NFL history and sparked the start of a dynasty, delivered the news via Twitter. He has a big battle ahead of him, but he has the full support of the 49ers family in thi
- San Francisco Chronicle -...one neurologist insisted ALS has become more recognized in the past five years as "part of the picture" surrounding chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE), a degenerative brain disease found in dozens of former NFL players. Dr. Sam Gandy, director of the Center for Cognitive Health and the...
- AOL On - Wochit News - Trump Takes Jabs at Colin Kaepernick - President Donald Trump on Monday reprised his attacks on former San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, telling supporters in Kentucky that "they like when people stand for the American flag." Standing before a cheering throng at the...
- AOL On - CBS 5 SF KPIX - 49ers Fans React To Sad News Of Dwight Clark ALS Diagnosis - Len Ramirez reports on fans expressing sadness over word Dwight Clark has ALS...
- I feel like every year we hear a lot of comparisons about quarterback prospects, and they seem to run the gamut of names. We can add one to the Mitchell Trubisky file.
The North Carolina quarterback will be put through his paces at his Pro Day on Tuesday, with the San Francisco 49ers (and I’m sure most of the rest of the league) in attendance. FOX Sports NFL reporter Peter Schrager offered up this comparison on Monday evening.
In advance of Mitchell Trubisky Pro Day tomorrow, the NFL QB co
The majority of experts agree on one name for the #49ers at No. 2 overall. See the latest mock draft: 49rs.co/nT8mqiThe majority of experts agree on one name for the #49ers at No. 2 overall.See the latest mock draft: 49rs.co/nT8mqi
- Least surprising development of the week. Over the weekend, Bleacher Report NFL columnist Mike Freeman reported that one executive believed some teams would not sign Colin Kaepernick because of fears that Donald Trump would tweet something about them. The executive said he thought about 10 percent of teams had that concern, and that as many as 60 percent of teams downright hate Kap for his protest.
It should surprise nobody that Donald was going to say something about that. He was in Louisville
- As free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick continues to wait for the phone to ring, his ears may have been burning. Speaking at a rally in Louisville on Monday night, President Donald Trump took a shot at Kaepernick, who became a polarizing figure last year for not standing for the National Anthem. “And you know, your San…
- The Jets are never going to figure out their QB position. The New York Jets have apparently figured out some kind of short-term answer at quarterback. The team signed Josh McCown to a one-year contract, according to his agent. NFL Network confirmed the deal is worth a fully guaranteed $6 million, while Albert Breer reported he also has $2 million in playing time incentives and $5 million in team incentives. He joins Christian Hackenberg and Bryce Petty, and potentially someone else if the Jets h
- Niners Wire - Stanford's Solomon Thomas might be the second-best player in the NFL draft, but does he fit with Arik Armstead and DeForest...
- Our draft rewind continues as go to 2011, the first draft of the Harbaugh/Baalke partnership Every year when free agency starts, I usually dig up videos of the San Francisco 49ers’ previous drafts for us to see some of those picks. The greatness that is modern technology lets us look back and laugh at analysts’ praise of future duds or their ridicule of future gems.
Youtube user Marvin49 collects the drafts every year and posts the videos up for everyone to see. This week, we’l
- Take a look at a new wave of expert predictions for what the San Francisco 49ers will do with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2017 NFL Draft.
- Sacramento Bee - There's no cure for ALS, the disease former 49ers wide receiver Dwight Clark recently revealed he's battling. There's no way to even diagnose it. That's done by eliminating maladies with ... Click to Continue...
- NFL.com - NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that it is not surprising that quarterback Colin Kaepernick is...
Follow @SF49ers_News_ on Twitter!