The #49ers improved run defense will be tested again in chilly Chicago. 49rs.co/CLEhWZ #SFvsCHI https://t.co/mn2Vow6Bb3The #49ers improved run defense will be tested again in chilly Chicago. 49rs.co/CLEhWZ #SFvsCHI https://t.co/mn2Vow6Bb3
- Peppers is getting some love among draft fans, but where will he play? We look at one analysis The San Francisco 49ers find themselves in need of talent all over the board, and that could (and probably should) result in a best player available strategy next April. If that is the case, one player who some have championed is Michigan defensive player Jabrill Peppers. Whether it be the No. 2 pick or moving back to grab him, he has a growing fan base.
I refer to him as a defensive player rather than
- Orlando ✈️ Chicago More travel pics ➡️ 49rs.co/TQx0Fd https://t.co/q1vNefH4FJ
- Helfrich, the former Oregon head coach shared his thoughts on Chip Kelly returning to the northwest.Since the day Chip Kelly became a head coach in the NFL, there have been questions regarding if he would ever return to college football, particularly the University of Oregon. There were even more questions as the seat beneath Mark Helfrich became hotter and hotter. Now that Helfrich is no longer in his job at Oregon, and the 49ers are 1-10, questions about Chip Kelly’s future in the NFL ha
Estos dos equipos sin importar el récord que lleven, siempre dan un muy buen partido para los fans. Niners Noticia… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Estos dos equipos sin importar el récord que lleven, siempre dan un muy buen partido para los fans.Niners Noticia… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Following criticism that followed a strange set of new rules for team accounts, Yahoo Finance reported Friday that the NFL is changing its social media policy again. The most public — and most criticized — part of the changes that took effect in October related to the posting of in-game video. The NFL changed the…
- It's been real, Florida. Next stop, Chicago! 🛫#SFvsCHI Sunday 10am PT https://t.co/JHLzpiO88E
- We break down the 49ers final injury report as they prepare to face the Chicago Bears. The San Francisco 49ers released their final injury report for Week 13, and aside from the lengthy injured reserve list, they are getting healthier. The team announced Quinton Patton and Aaron Lynch as questionable, while the rest of the roster did not appear on the final injury report.
Patton suffered a concussion in Week 12, and has been working his way through the NFL’s concussion protocol. He sat out
Aaron Lynch and Quinton Patton are questionable for #SFvsCHI. Injury report for both teams: 49rs.co/KTyxb5 https://t.co/eYSl2ifZ2PAaron Lynch and Quinton Patton are questionable for #SFvsCHI.Injury report for both teams: 49rs.co/KTyxb5 https://t.co/eYSl2ifZ2P
Both @UW_Football & @RunRalphieRun have provided the #49ers w/ great athletes. #Pac12FCG tonight @LevisStadium. 📝… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Both @UW_Football & @RunRalphieRun have provided the #49ers w/ great athletes. #Pac12FCG tonight @LevisStadium. 📝… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
Evaluating @Mantis_954, the development of @VMcDonald89 & more. 4 player updates from Chip Kelly:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Evaluating @Mantis_954, the development of @VMcDonald89 & more.4 player updates from Chip Kelly:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- The Chicago Bears final injury report includes some notable players on the defensive side of the ball. We take a look at that unit with the help of Windy City Gridiron. The Chicago Bears released their Week 13 final injury report, and they face a lot of injury issues. We know Jay Cutler and Danny Trevathan are done for the year, but on the defensive side of the ball, the Bears face growing issues.
Willie Young was a late add to the report, having missed Friday’s practice after not appeared
- Major 🔑's and predictions for #SFvsCHI 49rs.co/1Xc8dg https://t.co/4HAKRQugY5
- The San Francisco 49ers name Saint Francis Head Coach Greg Calcagno, the 49ers 2016 Coach of the Year.
- We can't wait to see these on Sunday! #MyCauseMyCleats 👟 https://t.co/a34GJUJ9w2
- Anything to help teams right behind the 49ers win some games, amirite? The Jacksonville Jaguars currently sit a game back of the San Francisco 49ers in draft position, tied with the Chicago Bears at 2-9. The Jaguars face a tough matchup on Sunday at home against the Denver Broncos, but Jacksonville’s defense could catch a bit of a break. Broncos quarterback Trevor Siemian has been ruled out with a left foot sprain, and rookie Paxton Lynch will start in his place.
Lynch started in place of
- The 49ers take on the Bears in Week 13 in what is shaping up to a be cold and rainy game in Chicago. The game takes place on Dec. 4 at 10:00 a.m. PT. Here are all the ways to catch action.
Colorado vs. Washington, Pac-12 Championship 2016: Time, live stream, TV schedule, draft prospects to watchWith CFB Playoff hopes on the line, this match-up will be nothing short than great. We look at the implications and the draft prospects to watch. The 2016 Pac-12 championship game is upon us, coming to you live from Levi’s Stadium. The San Francisco 49ers are on the road facing the Chicago Bears, which leaves their Santa Clara stadium free and clear to host Colorado vs. Washington. If Washington wins the game, they are all but assured of a spot in the 4-team college football playoff (barri
- Thanks again for a great week in The City Beautiful 👊 #ChargeOn twitter.com/UCF_Football/s…
- Ray Woodson hosted a wide ranging and somewhat wacky discussion last night With the Oregon Ducks firing coach Mark Helfrich and Chip Kelly sporting a 1-10 record at his new job in San Francisco, speculation is naturally swirling around Kelly returning to the Ducks sideline where he found his greatest success.
Ray Woodson, the host of KNBR’s “Sportsphone 680” show, invited me on to discuss this and a bunch of other topics for a solid 18 minutes last night. It was an interesting
Bring the family out to @LevisStadium for a 📸 with Santa🎅🏼 and tour of the #49ers locker room. Details:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Bring the family out to @LevisStadium for a 📸with Santa🎅🏼and tour of the #49ers locker room.Details:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- The 49ers are in position to draft high in the 2017 NFL Draft. Here is where Football Outsiders odds currently stand, through 12 weeks. The San Francisco 49ers are back for Week 13, as they travel to face the 2-9 Chicago Bears in a matchup with huge draft implications. The 49ers are 1-10 on the season, and sit a game up on the Bears and Jacksonville Jaguars for the top pick. They have lost ten straight, but are showing some signs of life here and there. The Bears on the other hand lost
- In the past three games, the 49ers have kept opponents under the 100-yard mark on two occasions, including last week’s 95 yards allowed to the Dolphins.
- Our 49ers.com staff writers break down San Francisco's next matchup, a Week 13 road game against the Chicago Bears.
- The San Francisco 49ers will have a ton of cap space. We’re going to take a look at the potential free agents for the 31 other teams around the NFL. I will be doing a series of articles that will be taking a methodical team by team approach to next year’s possible free agents. I will be starting with the team that has the least amount of salary cap space and ending with the team with the most. I will try to give a brief description of as many of the possible free agents as I can. I w
- The San Francisco 49ers head coach provided updates on four key players going into Sunday’s matchup against the Bears.
- We break down changes in the Week 13 line, and find a lookahead line for Week 14. The San Francisco 49ers opened this week against the Chicago Bears as either a 2.5- or 3-point underdog at most sportsbooks. The line dropped to a point midway through the week, and as we head into the weekend, it has dropped even further. You can still get the 49ers +1 at some shops, but for the most part, the game is now a pick ‘em.
The Bears remain a favorite on the moneyline, but the 49ers are now even mo
DB @ward_jimmie is looking forward to returning to the site of his first career INT. 49rs.co/1cQYqD… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…DB @ward_jimmie is looking forward to returning to the site of his first career INT. 49rs.co/1cQYqD… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- Slowly but steadily, they’re finding ways to work together and it’s paying off The San Francisco 49ers losing streak is setting records, even as they play tough against strong teams such as New England and Miami. This has obscured a key development: the dramatic improvement in Colin Kaepernick's play, recently noted by the likes of Scott Van Pelt ("Kaepernick played really, really well") and Ian Rapoport.
Colin Kaepernick is 5th player since the 1970 merger with 100 rush yds and 3 TD
- We take a look at fantasy options in the 49ers-Bears matchup and other options around the league. The San Francisco 49ers are continue their road trip, traveling to face the Chicago Bears in Week 13, with kickoff scheduled for 10:00 a.m. PST on Sunday. The Cleveland Browns and Tennessee Titans are on bye, marking the final two bye weeks of the season. This likely marks the last week of regular season play in your league, or you might even already be starting your playoffs. We’re back with
NFL playoff picture, 2017: Dallas Cowboys could have home field advantage clinching scenario in Week 14We break down the NFC playoff picture following the Cowboys Thursday Night Football win over the Minnesota Vikings. The Dallas Cowboys edged the Minnesota Vikings on Thursday Night Football, securing a 17-15 win and improving to 11-1. The Vikings gave them a tough time, with Dallas never getting ahead more than eight points, and falling behind twice. But a Dak Prescott touchdown pass to Dez Bryant followed by a Dan Bailey field goal gave them a 17-9 lead and just barely enough breathing room. Sa
- The San Francisco 49ers are only slim road underdogs as they face the Chicago Bears in Week 13. We run down various picks and predictions for the game. The San Francisco 49ers wrap up a two-game road trip this weekend when they face the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field. The 49ers faced the Miami Dolphins in Week 12, and then spent the week in Orlando before heading north to Chicago for their Week 13 contest. The 49ers have lost ten straight to drop to 1-10, while the Bears sit at 2-9. Draft pick g
- San Francisco 49ers links for Friday December 2, 2016 I have been one of the people that have been quick to dismiss Gerald Hodges as one of the players we need to replace during the offseason but a closer look says something entirely different. Pro Football Focus has him as the sixteenth best inside linebacker against the run this year and the twenty fourth best inside linebacker overall. He is not great against the pass but we have other inside linebackers and sub packages to take care of that
- Focused on Chicago.More practice 📸's 49rs.co/2FKF99 https://t.co/xLsEc22qxy
Not even a lost contact lens would slow @IamJoshG down on the #49ers opening drive. 👀 Mic'd Up:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…Not even a lost contact lens would slow @IamJoshG down on the #49ers opening drive. 👀Mic'd Up:… twitter.com/i/web/status/8…
- It seems so long ago, but Kaepernick was once a plucky young backup quarterback who had to start in place of his concussed predecessor. The 49ers never looked back.I’m not sure how much longer I’ll have to use this while Colin Kaepernick is a San Francisco 49er and since the Chicago Bears are this week’s opponent for draft supremacy, it’s a good time to bring up this game. Colin Kaepernick’s first start. Ever.
Bit of backstory here. In the previous week, the 49ers c
- Thursday Night Football is back for Week 13, and it’s a potential playoff preview between the Dallas Cowboys and Minnesota Vikings. Week 13 gets going with a Thursday Night Football matchup between the Dallas Cowboys and Minnesota Vikings. The game is airing on NBC, NFL Network, and can be viewed via live online stream at SB Nation. Enjoy!
Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings
Game time: 5:25 PM PST
Channel: NFL Network
Date: Thursday, December 1
Announcers: Jim Nantz, Phil Simms
- We’ve got some video from practice, along with the participation report. The San Francisco 49ers wrapped up their third practice of Week 13, as they continue preparations for the Chicago Bears. They practiced on Tuesday, but did not have to provide an injury report for that day. Thursday marks their second report, and we will get a third one on Friday, although it will be simulated as the team usually does a walkthrough on Friday.
The team will head off for Chicago after that, and it&rsquo
- Breaking down the Week 13 matchup with the Bears. 49rs.co/9Rpl2Y #SFvsCHI https://t.co/VRBNqls8Wh
#49ersRadio has your #SFvsCHI preview and updates from Orlando for your commute home. cards.twitter.com/cards/puaki/2q…#49ersRadio has your #SFvsCHI preview and updates from Orlando for your commute home. cards.twitter.com/cards/puaki/2q…
- The 49ers head coach met with the media on Thursday. We’ve got a full transcript, courtesy of 49ers PR. Watch video here. Where is WR Quinton Patton as far as the protocol goes?
“I couldn’t tell you exactly where he is. I know he started to resume, I think, cardiovascular work. So, that’s kind of where he is right now. But, I don’t know what stage that is.”
Can you talk about being here and kind of reuniting with University of Central Florida head coach Scott
Proud Floridian, @Mantis_954, is cherishing the #49ers time in the Sunshine State. 49rs.co/lf9vfC https://t.co/GsBHc8avWUProud Floridian, @Mantis_954, is cherishing the #49ers time in the Sunshine State. 49rs.co/lf9vfC https://t.co/GsBHc8avWU
Practice participation and injury report for both teams following today's workout. 49rs.co/ultoEI #SFvsCHI https://t.co/Qr7JepNl1jPractice participation and injury report for both teams following today's workout. 49rs.co/ultoEI #SFvsCHI https://t.co/Qr7JepNl1j
- Are the 49ers holding back Carlos Hyde? It’s always interesting to hear things from coaches and personnel people around the league, even if you don’t know exactly where the information is coming from. I enjoy the pieces you see every now and then about how well regarded a player or team might be in the eyes of the evaluators who matter, especially if that player or team is generally considered bad by the fans and media.
SB Nation alum and current ESPN Insider Field Yates has been loo
- Colin Kaepernick is selling his home in the Bay Area, but he says that doesn’t necessarily have anything to do with his future with the 49ers. Asked why Kaepernick is selling the home, he said through a team spokesperson that it’s an “investment decision.” If you’re interested in making an investment yourself, the 4,600-square foot…
- Putting in that work 💪 Another day at UCF ✅ #GoNiners https://t.co/mprOfMTnm0
- #TBT to @ward_jimmie's first career INT. 49rs.co/EWqFZF #SFvsCHI https://t.co/66mIdNT0du
- The rookie’s ties to Florida made last Sunday’s road game against the Miami Dolphins feel like a homecoming.
- Matt Barkley will start against the San Francisco 49ers, as expected. Bay Area native David Fales will be the backup. The Chicago Bears announced on Thursday that quarterback Jay Cutler will have surgery on his torn labrum. Head coach John Fox had previously said surgery would not be season-ending, but they could not find an alternative and he will go on injured reserve.
This is not breaking news, but confirmation of what had been reported the last few weeks. Matt Barkley started in place of Cut
- The 49ers third-year defensive back said he's getting comfortable in the NFL as a relied-upon member of San Francisco's defense.
Follow @SF49ers_News_ on Twitter!