Take a look through the top photos of the 2016 #49ers rookie draft class. 49rs.co/gtqoCh https://t.co/lNUzKFXUt9Take a look through the top photos of the 2016 #49ers rookie draft class. 49rs.co/gtqoCh https://t.co/lNUzKFXUt9
- This week we go 1-on-1 with #49ers C @DanielKilgore67.WATCH 49rs.co/XMN6Lk https://t.co/vzn3WxxCeQ
- Smash Mouth was out to defend Trent Baalke’s honor on Wednesday. Trent Baalke still has his fans. There are people here who think he is getting a bum rap, and they have a famous supporter. The band Smash Mouth, based out of San Jose, has one or more members who are big fans of the San Francisco 49ers, or at the very least, are huge fans of general manager Trent Baalke. And considering this is a slow time during a bye week for bad football team, I figured you all would love to hear more abo
Rookie @DeForestBuckner was Mic'd Up Sunday as he faced Jameis Winston for the 1st time since the 2015 Rose Bowl.… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…Rookie @DeForestBuckner was Mic'd Up Sunday as he faced Jameis Winston for the 1st time since the 2015 Rose Bowl.… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…
- I don’t imagine this will change many minds on Kelly. I don’t think anybody is ever going to say Chad Kelly lacks for confidence. The Ole Miss quarterback was the subject of a lengthy MMQB feature that published today and is well worth a read. Emily Kaplan spoke with Kelly, his uncle Jim Kelly, and numerous coaches and teammates to provide a better sense of the young QB. I imagine whatever your opinion of Kelly, this won’t change minds all that much, but it is still interesting
- I don’t quite know what to make of this, but Pete Carroll may have said something a bit peculiar during a Wednesday press conference. There was apparently a question about trades, and Carroll said he “say Minnesota made a big move with an offensive lineman.” Here is what one beat writer tweeted about it:
Pete Carroll may have inadvertently spilled the beans on something today. “I saw Minnesota made a big move with an offensive lineman.”— Stephen Cohen (@scohen
- The Seahawks and Cardinals battled to a 6-6 tie, but gained ground in the NFC West. The Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals did some Eddie Erdelatz-brand sister kissing on Sunday, tying 6-6. They still both widened their gap over the Rams and 49ers in the NFC West.NFC West standings through Week 7.Week 7 outcome: 6-6 TIE @Arizona Cardinals (3-3-1)
This game promised defense, with the No. 1 and No. 5 overall units facing off, and it certainly delivered. The matchup literally produced more punt
- The 49ers are a mess right now, and that means Chip Kelly’s future is likely up in the air. Our friends at Bovada have released updated odds on which NFL head coach will be the first one fired, and Chip Kelly is climbing the board. Kelly is currently listed at 4-to-1 odds. Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Gus Bradley is the only coach ahead of him, listed at 2-to-3 odds. John Fox, Mike McCoy, and Chuck Pagano are all listed at 10-to-1.
Kelly’s odds have lowered considerably the last t
- What do you think of this mock of the San Francisco 49ers upcoming offseason? The San Francisco 49ers have a lot of work in front of them if they are going to turn around what has been a disastrous fall from glory. The team has no answers at the quarterback position, they have numerous draft picks under-performing, and of course, the future of general manager Trent Baalke is in doubt.
Friend of the site, Matt Miller, recently put together a look at how he would fix the ten worst teams in the NFL
- We review the relevant 49ers fantasy seasons to this point and discuss thoughts on the second half of the season. The San Francisco 49ers are on bye this week to lick their wounds after another disastrous loss at home. The fantasy season is at the halfway point with most fantasy leagues having their Superbowl in Week 16 of the NFL’s regular season. We look at how 49ers players have fared thus far and how we expect them to help, or hurt, you win that fantasy trophy and ultimate bragging rig
- No surprise Doug Pederson gave his receivers a vote of confidence. In the least surprising news of the day, Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson said the team is happy with their wide receivers, and there is no legitimacy to the reports the Eagles are looking to trade for a receiver. This comes amidst reports the team is interested in Torrey Smith and Alshon Jeffery.
Doug Pederson: No legitimacy to trading for a WR reports. Happy with his receivers. #Eagles— Jeff McLane (@Jeff_McLa
- The San Francisco 49ers are bad, and it is reflected in the weekly NFL power rankings. Of course, there’s always the Cleveland Browns to cushion the fall. The NFL is getting ready for Week 8, which means plenty of NFL power rankings have arrived. On Tuesday, I posted mine and had the 49ers in the infinity position. They were No. 32 the week before, and I felt there had to be some way to lower them a little bit.
I decided to put together a round-up of Week 8 power rankings. It is not like t
- When the 1-6 49ers return from their bye, an effort will be made to force the team to bid farewell to G.M. Trent Baalke. Via 49erswebzone.com, an anti-Baalke banner will fly over Levi’s Stadium in connection with the team’s next home game, on November 6 against the Saints. The public funding goal of $1,076 was…
- How many trades do you think the 49ers make by the November 1 trade deadline? The San Francisco 49ers have been the subject of two trade rumors this week. On Sunday night, Pro Football Talk reported the team was interested in dealing Joe Staley if they could secure a first round pick. Multiple reports on Monday said the 49ers were interested in dealing Torrey Smith, with the Philadelphia Eagles most prominently mentioned.
Since then, we have seen multiple reports shutting down those rumors. Matt
- As if Cleveland doesn’t have enough to fell good about at the moment, there’s also the hope that springs eternal from the Browns. No, they can’t match an NBA title celebration and an opening night win by the Cavaliers, or a 1-0 lead in the World Series by their baseball neighbors, but there’s always the…
- Wednesday, October 26th, 2016 edition of the Golden Nuggets, a daily compilation of San Francisco 49ers links from the Internet The San Francisco 49ers head into the bye week with one of the worst records in the league and not much hope to turn that around. They have one of the worst defenses and have allowed the most rushing yards to opposing teams. Their offense is not any better. They gain the least amount of yards per game and have the lowest yards per play in the NFL.The 49ers are rumored t
- David and Oscar recap a disappointing home loss to the Bucs, put the spotlight on Aaron Lynch and Joshua Garnett, and talk trade rumors. On this week’s episode of the Better Rivals podcast, we recap a disappointing 49ers’ home loss to the Bucs. Why is the defense incapable of stopping the run? Where did this game turn for the worst? And we put the spotlight on Aaron Lynch and Joshua Garnett after their first few starts of the season. All that, plus trade block rumors, roster building
How well do @VMcDonald89 & @GCells85 know each other? Their friendship is put to the test on Niner Talk.… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…How well do @VMcDonald89 & @GCells85 know each other? Their friendship is put to the test on Niner Talk.… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…
- The 2016-17 NBA season tips off Tuesday evening, with the Golden State Warriors hosting the San Antonio Spurs. It is a big change this time around for both teams. The Warriors have added Kevin Durant, while the Spurs saw Tim Duncan retire. It’s a new era for the Spurs, while the Warriors are looking to build on last year’s ridiculous regular season.
A year ago, I worked with Bovada to create a prop bet regarding 49ers losses vs. Warriors losses. The bet was who would have more losses
- The 49ers High School Player of the Week Award for Week 8 goes to Lucas Flygare of Burlingame High School in Burlingame, CA.
- The 49ers don’t have much to lose at this point, other than potential development and assessment time. The San Francisco 49ers have likely lost Aaron Lynch for at least a game or two with a high ankle sprain. The injury could be shorter than that, but such sprains often result in an absence of at least three or four weeks.
If that’s the case, the 49ers are left with some question marks against the New Orleans Saints in Week 9, and potentially beyond. Eli Harold and Ahmad Brooks would
- Cleveland very well could go winless this season. The San Francisco 49ers loss dropped the team to 1-6, and they currently hold the No. 2 pick in the 2017 NFL Draft. The 49ers are tied with the Chicago Bears, and they are a half game ahead of the 1-5 Carolina Panthers. The 49ers currently hold the tiebreaker between all three teams thanks to a .500 strength of schedule record.
All three teams and the winless Cleveland Browns benefited in Week 7 from the New York Jets win over the Baltimore Raven
- I think they’re probably overreacting, even if the no shows are an embarrassment to the 49ers. The San Francisco 49ers have a bit of a turnstile problem. As the team continues to struggle, more people are likely to want to stay home. Levi’s Stadium is sold out, and while plenty of people will sell their tickets on the secondary ticket market, there will continue to be quite a few no-shows.
Sunday was no exception, with some anecdotal evidence that the stadium was 60 to 70 percent ful
🏀 is officially back. Wishing the @warriors best of luck on Opening Night! #DubNation #BayAreaUnite https://t.co/YKMfze3pFg🏀is officially back. Wishing the @warriors best of luck on Opening Night! #DubNation #BayAreaUnite https://t.co/YKMfze3pFg
- The Rams lost in London, and enter the bye week with seemingly no plans for changes. If the Los Angeles Rams lose, and no one is awake to see it, does the loss still count? Apparently it does, and the Rams are now two games under .500 after losing their 6:30 a.m. PT London matchup. No NFC West teams won this week, but Los Angeles (and San Francisco) still managed to lose ground.NFC West standing through Week 7.Week 7 result: 10-17 loss to the New York Giants (4-3) in London.
As has become the no
Chip Kelly discusses trade rumors and provides injury updates heading into the bye week. 49rs.co/ILsAdu https://t.co/cq0OG5VJzPChip Kelly discusses trade rumors and provides injury updates heading into the bye week. 49rs.co/ILsAdu https://t.co/cq0OG5VJzP
- There are several things to point to that explain how bad things are for the 49ers run defense. Here are a couple. The San Francisco 49ers run defense is bad. I know, that is a shocking revelation. I’ll give y’all time to recover.
Whether you look at basic statistics or advanced metrics or just the eye test, this team’s run defense is bad. In fact, it is on pace for historically bad numbers. Through seven weeks, the 49ers have allowed 1,296 yards on the ground. That comes uot t
- The players will be off for the rest of week. Kelly explained the reasoning and gave five other updates to the press.
- Not so much anymore. The San Diego Chargers are seeing huge returns from rookie defensive lineman Joey Bosa. Ownership’s stubbornness resulted in a delay getting him into camp, and he missed the first four games as he was getting fully acclimated. Bosa has now played three games, and he is making a huge impact. Pro Football Focus tracks sacks, hits, hurries, and pressures, and Bosa is off to a monster start. They have him down for 20 pressures, which is the most for any defender in their f
- We’ve got a look at the 49ers offensive snap count for Week 7. The San Francisco 49ers started running back Mike Davis on Sunday in place of Carlos Hyde on Sunday, but Davis ended up getting the least work among the running backs. Hyde was absent due to a shoulder injury, and we saw Davis, DuJuan Harris, and Shaun Draughn all get work. Harris ended up with 26 offensive snaps, Draughn had 23 offensive snaps, and Davis had 21 offensive snaps. Carlos Hyde's status for Week 9 is unknown for th
- #49ersLive was back in the studio to recap #TBvsSF.Watch: 49rs.co/RdAy9p https://t.co/AIFyUMcz8k
- We’re back for another set of NFL power rankings. The 49ers are the worst, the Patriots are the best. Who’s in between? Week 7 has come to a close, which means it is time once again for NFL power rankings. The Denver Broncos got a big home win over the Houston Texans, winning 24-9. The Texans took an early 6-0 lead on a pair of field goals, but things started to slip away in the second half. Brock Osweiler was a mess in his return to Denver, but considering how awful the AFC South is
- The dance will continue leading up to the November 1 trade deadline. The next week is certainly going to be all kinds of fun. And by fun I mean annoying. Sunday and Monday saw rumors spread that the San Francisco 49ers are shopping left tackle Joe Staley and wide receiver Torrey Smith. Chip Kelly denied the 49ers have had any internal discussions about moving Staley, and now Matt Maiocco is reporting a source told him, “the 49ers are neither shopping Smith nor is a trade anticipated.&rdquo
- In response to multiple reports of a potential trade of receiver Torrey Smith to the Eagles, the 49ers apparently are pushing back. For a variety of potential reasons. (More on that in a minute.) Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com cites an unnamed league source for the proposition that the “49ers are neither shopping Smith nor is a…
- Tuesday, October 25th, 2016 edition of the Golden Nuggets, a daily compilation of San Francisco 49ers links from the Internet Another week, another offense torches the 49ers’ defense. In a common storyline for this team, they were holding their own in the 1st half of the game, but became unraveled in the 2nd half. Tampa Bay’s offense racked up over 500 yards of offense on the 49ers’ defense. Jacquizz Rodgers had 154 yards and averaged almost 6 yards a carry. Jameis Winston had
Take a look at the top photos of the Gold Rush yesterday in their #BCAStrong gear 🎀 49rs.co/nk1pNj https://t.co/FOr6O8Pja7Take a look at the top photos of the Gold Rush yesterday in their #BCAStrong gear 🎀 49rs.co/nk1pNj https://t.co/FOr6O8Pja7
- The 49ers appear to want to go further into the rebuild process. The NFL trade deadline is a week from now, on November 1, and the San Francisco 49ers could end up getting busy. Pro Football Talk is reporting the 49ers have spoken with the Philadelphia Eagles about wide receiver Torrey Smith, but a deal is not imminent. Adam Schefter followed up saying the 49ers are interested in dealing Smith, and multiple teams have shown interest.
The Eagles are looking like a playoff contender, coming off a
- The Eagles and 49ers are discussing a trade involving wide receiver Torrey Smith, multiple sources told PFT. No deal is imminent, but the Eagles potentially acquiring Smith makes sense. He’s been disappointing while playing on bad offenses in two seasons with the 49ers, and the Eagles would love to bolster their receiving corps for a…
We're wishing #49ers great & Hall of Fame QB Y.A. Tittle a happy 90th birthday today! https://t.co/7SDxvhJD3oWe're wishing #49ers great & Hall of Fame QB Y.A. Tittle a happy 90th birthday today! https://t.co/7SDxvhJD3o
- Sunday was an ugly one for San Francisco 49ers fans. The team was beaten handily by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and there is no sign things are going to improve anytime soon.
That being said, there were reasons to laugh on Sunday. Two in particular from Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll and New England Patriots tight end Rob Gronkowski.
This first Vine video comes from Sunday Night Football. The Seahawks and Cardinals managed to finish in a 6-6 tie, with both teams seeing their kickers miss
ICYMI, Chip Kelly shared injury updates & his focus heading into the bye week during his Monday presser. WATCH:… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…ICYMI, Chip Kelly shared injury updates & his focus heading into the bye week during his Monday presser.WATCH:… twitter.com/i/web/status/7…
- The 49ers head coach met with the media Monday as the team enters its bye week. We have a full transcript, courtesy of 49ers PR. Listen to audio here. Do you have any updates on any of the guys who went down yesterday?
“Yeah, nothing specific in terms of times. The only two guys that we’re concerned with missing any time is [LB] Aaron Lynch has a high ankle sprain and then [CB] Rashard [Robinson] has an MCL sprain. But, there hasn’t been a timetable put on those guys yet, so we
- Niners Wire - 49ers Chip Kelly said its likely Colin Kaepernick remains his starting...
- “We have no intent to trade Percy Harvin.” Remember that one? It came from Vikings G.M. Rick Spielman, not long before the team unloaded the mercurial wideout on a Seattle team that got limited use out of him before dumping him on the Jets for a bowl of soup. Granted, Spielman never said Harvin wouldn’t…
- Following the loss to the Bills, players were very critical of Kaepernick’s play, this week was much different Following the San Francisco 49ers loss in Buffalo, a few of the Bills players had some very critical opinions about QB Colin Kaepernick and his first start. This week was a little different. Even though Kaepernick’s play wasn’t significantly better, the defensive players were much more complimentary. This could be a reflection of each of the head coaches and their outs
- Sacramento Bee - SANTA CLARA -- Chip Kelly's 49ers are on track to be one of the worst teams not just in franchise history but NFL history. Still the team's head coach isn't ... Click to Continue...
- 49erswebzone.com - Listen to Audio Do you have any updates on any of the guys who went down yesterday? "Yeah, nothing specific in terms of times. The only two guys that...
- AOL On - FOX Sports - Affiliate - Colin argues it is not time to end Kaepernick's run with the 49ers yet | SPEAK FOR YOURSELF - Colin Cowherd and Jason Whitlock talk about Colin Kaepernick's future with the San Francisco...
- NFL.com - Chip Kelly said Monday that he's had no trade discussions involving left tackle Joe Staley. Will the 49ers listen to offers for the five-time Pro Bowl...
- Week 7 comes to a close Monday evening with a matchup featuring Brock Osweiler’s return to Denver. The 4-2 Houston Texans are traveling to face the 4-2 Denver Broncos. The game kicks off at 5:30 p.m. PT on ESPN, with Sean McDonough, Jon Gruden, and Lisa Salters calling the game.
The Texans currently lead the AFC South, and a win would put them two full games up on the Indianapolis Colts and Tennessee Titans. The Texans welcome back Will Fuller who was active last week, but did not play. Th
Follow @SF49ers_News_ on Twitter!