The Minnesota Timberwolves on Sunday exercised the third-year options on Tyus Jones and Karl-Anthony Towns, along with the fourth-year options on Zach LaVine and Andrew Wiggins.
Jones, 20, posted averages of 4.2 points and 2.9 assists in 15.5 minutes per contest in 37 games over his rookie season. The Wolves originally acquired the draft rights to [...]
- The Indiana Pacers on Sunday waived 6-9 forward Jeremy Evans and 6-6 guard Julyan Stone.
Evans appeared in two preseason games and did not score.
Stone played in five games, scoring one point while averaging two rebounds per game.
The Pacers’ roster now stands at 15.
- Kay Felder, the Cleveland Cavaliers 54th pick in the 2016 NBA Draft, gets busy on the court during a recent practice.
- TORONTO -- The Toronto Raptors announced Sunday that forward Jared Sullinger will have a screw inserted into the fifth metatarsal in his left foot. The surgery will be performed Monday afternoon by Dr. Martin O'Malley in New York City.
- The Toronto Raptors announced Sunday forward Jared Sullinger will have a screw inserted into the fifth metatarsal in his left foot. The surgery will be performed Monday afternoon by Dr. Martin O’Malley in New York City.
The procedure is a preventative measure to alleviate symptomatic stress reactions. Sullinger’s status will be updated as appropriate. [...]
- OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- The Golden State Warriors have exercised the third-year contract option on forward Kevon Looney.
- The Warriors have exercised the third-year contract option on forward Kevon Looney, which is for the 2017-18 NBA season.
Looney, 20, appeared in five games for Golden State last season, averaging 1.8 points and 2.0 rebounds in 4.2 minutes per contest.He also appeared in 12 games with the Santa Cruz Warriors of the NBA [...]
- Check out the best dunks from the 2016 NBA Pre-Season. The 2016-2017 NBA Pre-Season kicks off on Tuesday, October 25th in Cleveland on TNT.
- The Raptors have exercised the fourth-year team options on the Rookie Scale Contracts of forward Bruno Caboclo and center Lucas Nogueira and the third-year team option on the Rookie Scale Contract of guard Delon Wright.
The contracts for Caboclo, Nogueira and Wright are now guaranteed through the 2017-18 season.
In accordance with the league’s Collective Bargaining Agreement, [...]
- Philadelphia 76ers forward Elton Brand previously announced his intention to retire following the team’s final preseason game at Miami on Friday evening. Accordingly, as a matter of procedure, the Sixers have requested waivers on Brand.Over 17 NBA seasons, Brand appeared in 1,058 career games with 868 starts for Chicago, the Los Angeles Clippers, Philadelphia, [...]
- Devin Booker ready to rise | Nets hope to bounce back | Warriors have a "scoring" issue
- With James Harden running the show, D'Antoni has a team that could score big
- "We're placing a nice bet on this and more."
- Westbrook is a star.
- Tune in to NBA TV at 8:00pm ET to catch A Season to Believe, a recap of the Cavaliers 2015-16 season and their journey to become the 2016 NBA Champions
- As the league and players discuss a CBA extension, the draft age will be one issue
- Even centers are moving outside the three-point line
- Step inside the Golden Start Warriors practice as the team looks to the start of their season
- CLEVELAND -- Kyrie Irving is prepared to make a most memorable pass.
- The New Orleans Pelicans have waived guard Quinn Cook and guard/forward Quincy Ford.
Cook, 6-0, 174, appeared in three preseason games for New Orleans, averaging 8.3 points and 2.7 assists in 9.6 minutes per game. After a four-year career at Duke University, Cook spent the 2015-16 season with the Canton Charge of the NBA Development League. [...]
- Check out the sights and sounds of training camp as teams get prepared for the upcoming season.
Dallas Mavericks waive Keith Hornsby, Jonathan Gibson, Kyle Collinsworth, Jaleel Cousins and CJ WilliamsThe Dallas Mavericks announced today that they have waived Kyle Collinsworth, Jaleel Cousins, Keith Hornsby, Jonathan Gibson and CJ Williams.
Collinsworth (6-6, 210) was signed on July 21, 2016. He appeared in five games for the Mavericks during the exhibition season and averaged 1.2 points and 1.4 assists in 11.0 minutes per game.
Cousins (6-11, 255) was [...]
- The Cleveland Cavalierswaived guard John Holland today.
Holland appeared in three preseason games for the Cavs, averaging 10.7 points and 1.3 steals in 18.8 minutes.
The Cavaliers roster now stands at 16.
NBA teams must trim their rosters to 15 or fewer players before the start of the regular season.
- The Charlotte Hornets have waived forward Perry Ellis, guard Rasheed Sulaimon and center Mike Tobey.
Ellis (6-8, 225, Kansas) signed with the Hornets on Sept. 23 after going undrafted in the 2016 NBA Draft. Ellis appeared in one preseason game and totaled four minutes of playing time.
Sulaimon (6-4, 190, Maryland) signed with the Hornets on Sept. [...]
- The Memphis Grizzlies have waived forward JaKarr Sampson, guard/forward Wayne Selden Jr. and guard/forward D.J. Stephens.
Sampson (6-9, 214), signed by Memphis on Oct. 21, did not appear in a preseason game with the Grizzlies. He competed in one preseason contest for the Denver Nuggets, totaling 10 points and three rebounds in 20 minutes, before he [...]
- The Miami HEAT have waived Vashil Fernandez, Luis Montero, Beno Udrih, Brianté Weber and Okaro White.
Fernandez, who was signed as a free on October 17, appeared in two preseason games with the HEAT totaling three points, one rebound and a steal in 14:38 minutes of action.
Montero, who was signed as a free agent on October [...]
- The Milwaukee Bucks have requested waivers on Orlando Johnson, J.J. O’Brien and Jaleel Roberts, General Manager John Hammond announced today.
Johnson averaged 4.0 points and 3.6 rebounds in five preseason games, while O’Brien tallied five points in five appearances and Roberts played in five games and scored two points and three rebounds.
The Bucks roster stands at [...]
- The Detroit Pistons have waived Mamadou N’Diaye, Trey Freeman and Lorenzo Brown.Detroit this season is built around guards Reggie Jackson and Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, forwards Marcus Morris, Tobias Harris and Stanley Johnson, and center Andre Drummond. Jackson is injured, so Ish Smith has an increased role, for now.
In preseason, the Pistons were led by Harris [...]
- The Utah Jazz have waived forward Chris Johnson. Following the move, Utah’s roster now stands at 15 players.
Johnson (6-6, 206, Dayton) appeared in all six preseason games for the Jazz, averaging 5.0 points and 2.3 rebounds in 11.2 minutes. He appeared in 82 games (two starts) for Utah over the past two seasons, averaging 3.5 [...]
- The Toronto Raptors announced Saturday they have requested waivers on guards Drew Crawford and Brady Heslip, forwards E.J. Singler and Jarrod Uthoff (U-toff), and centre Yanick (yan-neek) Moreira (more-era).
Crawford averaged 5.7 points, 2.0 rebounds and 19.2 minutes in seven preseason games. He recorded 17 points and five rebounds October 14 versus San Lorenzo.Heslip appeared [...]
- The Minnesota Timberwolves have waived forward Rasual Butler and guard Toure’ Murry.
Butler averaged 0.8 points and 0.8 rebounds in five preseason games. He has appeared in 809 games over his 13-year NBA career, averaging 7.5 points and 2.4 rebounds. In 2015-16, he played in 46 games for the San Antonio Spurs, averaging 2.7 points and [...]
- USA TODAY Sports watchability ranking: 7th
- The Denver Nuggets waived guard Nate Wolters and forward Robbie Hummel today.
Hummel, 6-8, 215, signed with Denver on Sept. 4, 2016 and appeared in seven preseason games for the Nuggets, averaging 2.4 points and 1.0 rebounds in 10.2 minutes.
Wolters, 6-4, 190, signed with the Nuggets on Sept. 15, 2016 and appeared in four preseason games [...]
- The Detroit Pistons have signed center Mamadou N’Diaye to a contract.
N’Diaye, at 7-foot-6 and 300 pounds, averaged 12.1 points, 7.2 rebounds and 2.4 blocks during the 2015-16 season at UC Irvine.Following three years of collegiate basketball with the Anteaters, the Dakar, Senegal native went undrafted in the 2016 NBA Draft.N’Diaye played [...]
- USA TODAY Sports watchability ranking: 8th
- Set to Axwell /\ Ingrosso's "Dream Bigger", players around the league are in the weight room and on the court getting ready for the season.
- Charles Barkley gets criticized when he talks about race by some blacks who figure he's too rich to understand their struggles
- Silver speaks to reporters | Heat hanging on to Dragic | Can the Grizz still grit and grind? | Kerr not a fan of anonymous quotes
- Russell Westbrook and the Oklahoma City Thunder almost certainly won Halloween in 2015 with some...
- Denasia Lawrence opened her jacket to reveal a "Black Lives Matter" shirt.
- The last thing the Philadelphia 76ers need less than a week before the season begins is more bad news on the injury front
- The Washington Wizards announced today that the team has waived guards Jarell Eddie and Casper Ware and forward Johnny O’Bryant. The Wizards’ roster now stands at 15 players.
Eddie tallied three points in three appearances during the 2016 preseason, while Ware played in one game and scored eight points and O’Bryant averaged 6.8 points and 4.3 [...]
- These jokes are still going.
- DENVER (Official Release) -- The Denver Nuggets have exercised the fourth-year options for both Gary Harris and Jusuf Nurkić and exercised the third-year option for Emmanuel Mudiay, General Manager and Executive Vice President of Basketball Operations Tim Connelly announced today.
- KAT is a beast.
- The Denver Nuggets exercised their fourth-year options on guard Gary Harris and center Jusuf Nurkic
- The Sacramento Kings announced today the team has exercised its third-year option on center Willie Cauley-Stein, according to Kings Vice President of Basketball Operations and General Manager Vlade Divac.
This was an expected move. Cauley-Stein is one of the team’s main young building blocks.
Cauley-Stein is entering his second season with the Kings after being selected with [...]
- The Chicago Bulls waived guard Spencer Dinwiddie today.
Dinwiddie (6-6, 200) appeared in five preseason games and averaged 6.6 points, 2.4 rebounds and 1.8 assists in 14.9 minutes. He was originally acquired in a trade with the Detroit Pistons on June 17, 2016, was waived on July 7, and signed a contract with the Bulls on [...]
- The Boston Celtics announced today that they have waived forward Ben Bentil.
Bentil appeared in three games for the Celtics during the 2016 preseason and averaged 5.0 points, and 4.3 rebounds in 12.9 minutes per game. Bentil was selected by the Celtics with the 51st overall pick during the second round of the 2016 NBA Draft.
Follow @News_NBA_top10 on Twitter!